Can Carnival keep its customers?

Can Carnival keep its customers?

There are 14 comments on the cnn.com story from Mar 15, 2013, titled Can Carnival keep its customers?. In it, cnn.com reports that:

"Mike watching the first tugboat setting up to pull us," writes Chase Maclaskey on Instagram.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cnn.com.

lynn

United States

#1 Mar 15, 2013
I would not be writing this if carnival had offered us a bottle of wine or just a discount of an off shore trip, say 100$...... Carnival doesn't give a .....$HIT .....about costumer service! I was on this ship a few weeks ago and I've been on 8 cruises and I've went to Disney more than that. We got stuck next to 2yr old that screamed everyday and night. I don't hate the parents or the kid, because the parents said they were sorry. But even the guy that cleaned our room said the kids screamed and cried constantly. People on our floor,In other rooms said we got a bad deal. One guy two doors down asked me the parents beat the kid, I said no I think the kid is uncomfortable. Another person on our floor said that carnival should have done something just because your a repeat costumer( like my husband gets 5 vacations a year and we planned on cruising) Anyway, my husband began to tape to show how long it goes on and offered to pay for another room. They had nothing to offer us:( 7 days on carnival dream with a kid that cried more than a colic baby. The people on our level and our room attendant looked at us with more compation than the costumer service. If had just offered a bottle of wine I would travel again, but seeing how there was no attempt to console our disadvantage ( Btw THE GRANDPARENTS WAS DOWN 3 DOORS AND THEY SAID THEY DIDN'T WANT TO BE NEXT TO THEIR OWN GRANDCHILD, BECAUSE IT CONSTANTLY SCREAMS) When you take a cruises you are at their mercy...and they don't have any mercy. ALL INCLUSIVES!!!! You can change rooms, and they treat you like a King. Stay away from carnival. Carnival is so dumb I had a big family vacation planned with over 15 ppl we planned on carnival in July. NOT NOW! We are booking a condo in destin FL.
Cruiser

Nassau, Bahamas

#2 Mar 16, 2013
lynn wrote:
I would not be writing this if carnival had offered us a bottle of wine or just a discount of an off shore trip, say 100$...... Carnival doesn't give a .....$HIT .....about costumer service! I was on this ship a few weeks ago and I've been on 8 cruises and I've went to Disney more than that. We got stuck next to 2yr old that screamed everyday and night. I don't hate the parents or the kid, because the parents said they were sorry. But even the guy that cleaned our room said the kids screamed and cried constantly. People on our floor,In other rooms said we got a bad deal. One guy two doors down asked me the parents beat the kid, I said no I think the kid is uncomfortable. Another person on our floor said that carnival should have done something just because your a repeat costumer( like my husband gets 5 vacations a year and we planned on cruising) Anyway, my husband began to tape to show how long it goes on and offered to pay for another room. They had nothing to offer us:( 7 days on carnival dream with a kid that cried more than a colic baby. The people on our level and our room attendant looked at us with more compation than the costumer service. If had just offered a bottle of wine I would travel again, but seeing how there was no attempt to console our disadvantage ( Btw THE GRANDPARENTS WAS DOWN 3 DOORS AND THEY SAID THEY DIDN'T WANT TO BE NEXT TO THEIR OWN GRANDCHILD, BECAUSE IT CONSTANTLY SCREAMS) When you take a cruises you are at their mercy...and they don't have any mercy. ALL INCLUSIVES!!!! You can change rooms, and they treat you like a King. Stay away from carnival. Carnival is so dumb I had a big family vacation planned with over 15 ppl we planned on carnival in July. NOT NOW! We are booking a condo in destin FL.
There are more cruise corporations to choose from. I'm sure that childs parents didn't mean for things to turn out that way. Carnival probably won't miss your business. Make sure you take some ear plugs next time.
big bruce

West Palm Beach, FL

#3 Mar 16, 2013
I canceled A july 14th sailing on the Carnival Glory. Had bad vibes with all thats going on.
lynn

United States

#4 Mar 18, 2013
Cruiser wrote:
<quoted text>
There are more cruise corporations to choose from. I'm sure that childs parents didn't mean for things to turn out that way. Carnival probably won't miss your business. Make sure you take some ear plugs next time.
actually it's not missing my business that I think they should worry about...it's the fact that I have posted my letter on every news page, my husbands employees hundreds and we sent warnings, my daughter has over a thousand Facebook followers, and we had planned to take a family reunion in July...IF THEY HAD JUST OFFERED A BOTTLE OF WINE; I would not have wrote and blogged about it. I am a fair woman. But we were shown 0 compation for getting placed in a disadvantage. We pay thousands to not have a full hr of peace. Nope...not right! Btw the parents constantly spanked and mocked while their kids screamed...making it worse. Like I said, if CARNIVAL HAD TRIED TO SHOW SOME RESTITUTION.... BUT BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T... EVERYTIME I SEE ANYWHERE I CAN LEAVE MY STORY....I WILL DO SO. SO YEAH I THINK I CAN PUT A DENT IN THEIR BUSINESS.
lynn

United States

#5 Mar 18, 2013
big bruce wrote:
I canceled A july 14th sailing on the Carnival Glory. Had bad vibes with all thats going on.
if the person commented above doesn't have a job, they'd fit right in with carnivals customer service. Basically they treated me as if I should get over it and buy ear plugs. Do all inclusive!!!! You're stuck anywhere and treated like royalty:)
Peggy

Bronx, NY

#6 Mar 19, 2013
Travel Explosion had an interesting article on this the other day. The cruise industry and Carnival are going through a rough stretch now, but it's temporary. People will forget in no time.
Future Carnival Cruiser

Johnstown, PA

#7 Mar 21, 2013
lynn wrote:
I would not be writing this if carnival had offered us a bottle of wine or just a discount of an off shore trip, say 100$...... Carnival doesn't give a .....$HIT .....about costumer service! I was on this ship a few weeks ago and I've been on 8 cruises and I've went to Disney more than that. We got stuck next to 2yr old that screamed everyday and night. I don't hate the parents or the kid, because the parents said they were sorry. But even the guy that cleaned our room said the kids screamed and cried constantly. People on our floor,In other rooms said we got a bad deal. One guy two doors down asked me the parents beat the kid, I said no I think the kid is uncomfortable. Another person on our floor said that carnival should have done something just because your a repeat costumer( like my husband gets 5 vacations a year and we planned on cruising) Anyway, my husband began to tape to show how long it goes on and offered to pay for another room. They had nothing to offer us:( 7 days on carnival dream with a kid that cried more than a colic baby. The people on our level and our room attendant looked at us with more compation than the costumer service. If had just offered a bottle of wine I would travel again, but seeing how there was no attempt to console our disadvantage ( Btw THE GRANDPARENTS WAS DOWN 3 DOORS AND THEY SAID THEY DIDN'T WANT TO BE NEXT TO THEIR OWN GRANDCHILD, BECAUSE IT CONSTANTLY SCREAMS) When you take a cruises you are at their mercy...and they don't have any mercy. ALL INCLUSIVES!!!! You can change rooms, and they treat you like a King. Stay away from carnival. Carnival is so dumb I had a big family vacation planned with over 15 ppl we planned on carnival in July. NOT NOW! We are booking a condo in destin FL.
Your very fortunate to be living the life that you have portrayed, and on the other hand sound spoiled.
david

Belgrade, Serbia

#8 Mar 21, 2013
lol what do you expect four the money you pay!? 5 star service?! sometimes you can catch a cruise on carnival for 200$!! If you want something more better, go pay over 1000$ on Royal or Disney, etc. and than enjoy! don't be foolish!

Since: Mar 13

Philadelphia New Jersery US

#9 Apr 9, 2013
Its too bad! I mean there is only a service so called customer care which has to be satisfying us,, but they..so careless..

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#10 Apr 10, 2013
i think so, especially for the right price..
Jeff

Gibsonia, PA

#11 Apr 12, 2013
Lynn,
YOU need to just get over it and move on! You have many choices you can make for a vacation. If you had a bad experience try something different. Better yet go on a higher grade cruise. You get what you pay for!!!! I have gone on carnival with friends and family over the years and I can honestly say, Iv'e never had a bad experience. I've also gone on a higher rated cruise and there was minimal difference. Bottom line, the parents of this child and his constant crying that you describe as being constant "even before" taking this cruise should have their head examined!!!! And to say if they would have given you a bottle of wine and you would cruise with carnival again... a bottle of $5. wine...that's all it cost them... GET REAL.

Since: Mar 13

Philadelphia New Jersery US

#12 Apr 16, 2013
Humanity has gone off the people..And 5$??That is all? Man!

“Travel ”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#13 Apr 17, 2013
Well If you had a bad acquaintance try something different. Better yet go on a college brand cruise. You get what you pay for!!!! I accept gone on carnival with accompany and ancestors over the years and I can candidly say, Iv'e never had a bad experience
Terry Robinson

Houston, TX

#15 Apr 22, 2013
Cruiser wrote:
<quoted text>
There are more cruise corporations to choose from. I'm sure that childs parents didn't mean for things to turn out that way. Carnival probably won't miss your business. Make sure you take some ear plugs next time.
I read your comments, and found NO reason whatsoever that reflected ANY responsibility of "Carnival Cruises". Usually Cruise
Cabins are ALL full at sailing, no cabins available for relocation.
*hit happens in this life, you have got to learn live with it.
From your point of view, you were just unfortunate. Go and buy yourself a bottle of wine, as you obviously like WHINING.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Semmes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Congresswoman Giffords, wounded in 2011 ... Jun 16 barefoot2626 19
News NY senator wants airlines to scrap carry-on lug... Jun 14 TangMi1288614 1
Review: Deas Millwork Mar '15 Mobile Homeowner 1
Lady's only (Jan '15) Jan '15 Luther_cutie 1
News Search Warrants Served at Residences of Hiawayi... (Oct '14) Dec '14 Wonder 2
girls nude snapchat names (Nov '14) Nov '14 vanhan123 1
News Conservative Alabama Town In Uproar Over Gay Ma... (Dec '13) Jul '14 JOLEE 5
More from around the web

Semmes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Semmes Mortgages