Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Comments (Page 766)

Showing posts 15,301 - 15,320 of20,361
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16618
Jan 13, 2013
 
Tawni Maughan wrote:
If you don't know her, you may want to get to know her.
The city govt is scared to death of her in Weatherford, TX. Why? Why would they be afraid of the local yoga teacher?
Because she is in reality a crazed serial killer?
Go Rick

Three Rivers, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16619
Jan 13, 2013
 
Perry for Prez

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16620
Jan 13, 2013
 
Go Rick wrote:
Perry for Prez
Perry for dog catcher!
Voice of Reason

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16621
Jan 14, 2013
 
Healthcare, the cure is for the government to get their political hands out of the healthcare business, and stop telling medicare recipients what company to use for their healthcare. If the government would allow Capitalism to do its work, and allow free
competition in the health industry, our health care costs would drop like a rock, saving billions of dollars for Medicare recipients. I was a business agent for one of the largest unions in the world for 25 years. When I was approached by members of an insurance company that they wanted to have a Union in their work place, and was ready to sign the union cards for a ballot to be taken by the NLRB. As I proceeded to organize them, I was told by my Union Local President, to back off and stop what I was doing.
Any guess why???
Socialized medicine you say? Try to get a doctors appointment in England, or Canada. England has the NHS that runs their medical program, and on their webiste they have posted that they had euthanized 130,000 people . Read this If you are capable:

Shock: British NHS Euthanizes 130,000 Elderly Patients Annually

by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | Share

Shocking news from England today has top NHS officials indicating doctors acting in the UK government-run health program annually kill as many as 130,000 patients prematurely because of overcrowding at hospitals, medical clinics and nursing homes.

Professor Patrick Pullicino indicated doctors are turning to a so-called “death pathway” protocol that is essentially active euthanasia of patients, according to a London Daily Mail news report. Pullicino, a consultant neurologist for East Kent Hospitals and Professor of Clinical Neurosciences at the University of Kent, made his remarks in a speech before the Royal Society of Medicine in London.

He claimed there was often a lack of clear evidence for initiating the Liverpool Care Pathway, a method of looking after terminally ill patients that is used in hospitals across the country. It is designed to come into force when doctors believe it is impossible for a patient to recover and death is imminent.

It can include withdrawal of treatment – including the provision of water and nourishment by tube – and on average brings a patient to death in 33 hours. There are around 450,000 deaths in Britain each year of people who are in hospital or under NHS care. Around 29 per cent – 130,000 – are of patients who were on the LCP.

Professor Pullicino claimed that far too often elderly patients who could live longer are placed on the LCP and it had now become an ‘assisted death pathway rather than a care pathway’. He cited ‘pressure on beds and difficulty with nursing confused or difficult-to-manage elderly patients’ as factors.

CAN YOU SAY "COMING TO AMERICA???"

“The continuing collapse of the NHS is not only an indictment of single payer health care: It is a warning to the U.S. about centralized control of health care,” he said.“The continuing collapse of the NHS is not only an indictment of single payer health care: It is a warning to the U.S. about centralized control of health care.”

“Adding injury to injury, how easy it is for the bureaucrats to lard on the goodies on the private insurance companies’ dimes–as is already happening. What makes us think that a too strained and bureaucratically suffocated private sector won’t eventually end up in a collapse–further harming the economy–and unable to provide for patients properly?” he said.“Once that happens (with malice aforethought?) Obamacarian class warriors will give a war whoop of triumph for having destroyed the dreaded private sector–and force us into single payer. See,“NHS Meltdown” posts. Lose. Lose. Lose.”
Fact check

Centerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16622
Jan 14, 2013
 
Voice of Reason wrote:
shameles lifecheck.com drivel
Lifecheck.com ,the ultra conservative highly inaccurate website spouting such biased and fake nonsense as :

"The (Obama) administration has issued rules for "$1 abortions in ObamaCare" and "requires all persons enrolled in insurance plans that include elective abortion coverage to pay" an abortion premium."

Easily debunked by Factcheck

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...

Not exactly the most reliable "news" website to get any real facts
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16623
Jan 14, 2013
 
Mostly it all depends on which pack of liars you choose to listen to. Neither party concerns themself with facts. It actually surprises me that either party can spell truth, fact, or integrity.

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16624
Jan 14, 2013
 
There is such a thing as objective truth. Pretending that all sides are lying is just laziness.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16626
Jan 14, 2013
 
Hezekiah there IS objective truth, but I think Texan is just expressing the frustration of Americans today when faced with"dueling facts"presented by opposing political parties.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16627
Jan 14, 2013
 
There is also such a thing as subjective truth. Hezekiah it isn't pretending when it is true. I learned long ago that polititions will promise us anything to get elected, then when in office cease to worry about those promises. Especialy when they are lame ducks. I read, listen, and study while prepairing to vote, and you can believe that I have found out, all of them lie about something. Some may lie more than others, but they ALL lie. Party makes no difference. AND THAT'S THE TRUTH!
Caesar

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16629
Jan 14, 2013
 
Politician = Liar

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16630
Jan 14, 2013
 
Fed...don't you want to get a girlfriend, settle down and have some kids?
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16631
Jan 14, 2013
 
Hezekiah wrote:
There is such a thing as objective truth. Pretending that all sides are lying is just laziness.
Pretending?. We have a government of the rich, by the rich and for the rich. What useful things have come out of either side for the benefit of the working people in this country?.

I realize that you have your head up Obummers ass so deep that you have a brown ring around your neck, but tell us what wondrous things that the
DemoKrats have done better than anyone else. I'm sure that you can find plenty of things about the Republicans to bitch about though.

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16633
Jan 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretending?. We have a government of the rich, by the rich and for the rich. What useful things have come out of either side for the benefit of the working people in this country?.
I realize that you have your head up Obummers ass so deep that you have a brown ring around your neck, but tell us what wondrous things that the
DemoKrats have done better than anyone else. I'm sure that you can find plenty of things about the Republicans to bitch about though.
Of course, health insurance reform is the greatest accomplishment of this term.

But my favorite interest is in ARPA-E research grants to help develop renewable energy. A lot of progress has been made in a few short years. It doesn't get much attention in the mainstream media.

Democrats are responsible for the following:

8-Hour Workday
Social Security
Minimum Wage Law
G.I. Bill of Rights
Marshall Plan
NATO
Peace Corps
Medicare
Medicaid
Civil Rights Act of 1964
Voting Rights Act of 1965
Water Quality Act
Clean Air Act
Women's Suffrage Amendment
Workers Compensation Act
Unemployment Compensation Act
Rural Electrification Act
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Federal Home Loan Program
Securities & Exchange Act
Guaranteed Student Loan Program
Family and Medical Leave Act
Whatevs

New Braunfels, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16634
Jan 14, 2013
 
Proud Repub wrote:
Im Mexican and Im Conservative. Accept it.
Just today these latinos won the votes for governor
We now have a Latina Governor in New Mexico Susana Martinez (the first hispanic woman to be elected governor)
And We have a Latino Governor in Florida
(Marco Rubio)
Guess what they are Both Proud Republicans.
Marco Rubio isn't a Gov. dummy he's a Senator and Susana Martinez is confused, once a Dem now a Repub after being convinced at a frikinn lunch and the way the GOP is behaving badly these days I guarantee you she turns Dem again.....

Let's face it you are Chicano who is prob Repub just to be different from the rest....or I call you HISPANIC
Whatevs

New Braunfels, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16635
Jan 14, 2013
 
Voice of Reason wrote:
Healthcare, the cure is for the government to get their political hands out of the healthcare business, and stop telling medicare recipients what company to use for their healthcare. If the government would allow Capitalism to do its work, and allow free
competition in the health industry, our health care costs would drop like a rock, saving billions of dollars for Medicare recipients. I was a business agent for one of the largest unions in the world for 25 years. When I was approached by members of an insurance company that they wanted to have a Union in their work place, and was ready to sign the union cards for a ballot to be taken by the NLRB. As I proceeded to organize them, I was told by my Union Local President, to back off and stop what I was doing.
Any guess why???
Socialized medicine you say? Try to get a doctors appointment in England, or Canada. England has the NHS that runs their medical program, and on their webiste they have posted that they had euthanized 130,000 people . Read this If you are capable:
Shock: British NHS Euthanizes 130,000 Elderly Patients Annually
by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | Share
Shocking news from England today has top NHS officials indicating doctors acting in the UK government-run health program annually kill as many as 130,000 patients prematurely because of overcrowding at hospitals, medical clinics and nursing homes.
Professor Patrick Pullicino indicated doctors are turning to a so-called “death pathway” protocol that is essentially active euthanasia of patients, according to a London Daily Mail news report. Pullicino, a consultant neurologist for East Kent Hospitals and Professor of Clinical Neurosciences at the University of Kent, made his remarks in a speech before the Royal Society of Medicine in London.
He claimed there was often a lack of clear evidence for initiating the Liverpool Care Pathway, a method of looking after terminally ill patients that is used in hospitals across the country. It is designed to come into force when doctors believe it is impossible for a patient to recover and death is imminent.
It can include withdrawal of treatment – including the provision of water and nourishment by tube – and on average brings a patient to death in 33 hours. There are around 450,000 deaths in Britain each year of people who are in hospital or under NHS care. Around 29 per cent – 130,000 – are of patients who were on the LCP.
Professor Pullicino claimed that far too often elderly patients who could live longer are placed on the LCP and it had now become an ‘assisted death pathway rather than a care pathway’. He cited ‘pressure on beds and difficulty with nursing confused or difficult-to-manage elderly patients’ as factors.
CAN YOU SAY "COMING TO AMERICA???"
“The continuing collapse of the NHS is not only an indictment of single payer health care: It is a warning to the U.S. about centralized control of health care,” he said.“The continuing collapse of the NHS is not only an indictment of single payer health care: It is a warning to the U.S. about centralized control of health care.”
“Adding injury to injury, how easy it is for the bureaucrats to lard on the goodies on the private insurance companies’ dimes–as is already happening. What makes us think that a too strained and bureaucratically suffocated private sector won’t eventually end up in a collapse–further harming the economy–and unable to provide for patients properly?” he said.“Once that happens (with malice aforethought?) Obamacarian class warriors will give a war whoop of triumph for having destroyed the dreaded private sector–and force us into single payer. See,“NHS Meltdown” posts. Lose. Lose. Lose.”
You want the Government not to tell Medicare recipients which company to use for healthcare???? Are you kidding me?? Medicare is a Govt. program and you think they should have no say???
voter

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16636
Jan 15, 2013
 
just vote.
American Pride wrote:
Today we are having a Grand Old Party
just vote.
truth is

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16638
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Wait till you have no health care coverage, due to no fault of you own.
Because of health problems, they won't cover you.
Then lets watch this conversation change quickly.
meateater99

Baytown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16639
Jan 15, 2013
 
i love Perry. He supports gun owners rights. nuff said....

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16640
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

meateater99 wrote:
i love Perry. He supports gun owners rights. nuff said....
I support gun owners rights.Perry says, we have to look at the mental health issue here.Then, he slashes funding for mental health care, repeatedly.hmmm....sounds like a disingenuous piece of crap to me.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16641
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

meateater99 wrote:
i love Perry. He supports gun owners rights. nuff said....
Heck, most any republican will support gun owners rights.Let's just find a COMPETENT one for governor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,301 - 15,320 of20,361
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Seminole Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Seminole People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••