"the road weeps, the well runs dry"

Posted in the Seminole Forum

Phil Wilkes Fixico

El Monte, CA

#1 Sep 25, 2013
Phil Fixico Los Angeles Southwest Community College
Greetings, I am Phil Fixico, a Seminole Maroon Descendant. My ancestors were among the people that this play is talking about, both Maroon Blacks and Seminole Indians. My and their story is currently featured in the Smithsonian Institution's , book and exhibit, entitled: "indiVisible":Africa n-Native American Lives in the Americas. Dr. Kevin Mulroy, the Dean of Library Sciences at Chaffey College, is the World's Leading Authority on Seminole Maroons. He was the Smithsonian Institution's researcher who documented my geneaology , for the book and the exhibit, he is also, the author of the definitive book on this topic. It is entitled: "The Seminole Freedmen", Published by , University of Oklahoma Press, copywright 2007. I have not seen the play, as of yet, however, I'm overjoyed that, at last the story , that was" hidden and forbidden" is coming out. I have been asked to appear on a panel at the Los Angeles Theater Center, following a matinee performance in Los Angeles on November 3rd, 2013. I am honored and thrilled to join a panel that includes, Rev. Dr. Cecil "Chip" Murray, USC and Professor Hanay Geiogamah , UCLA. The topic for discussion is , "Exploring African-Native American and Native American Spiritualty". " Through Warm Tears of Gratitude", Phil "Pompey Bruner" Fixico, California Semiroon Mico (Nation of One) and Heniha forthe Wildcat/John Horse Band of the Seminoles of Texas and Old Mexico.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seminole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Temple Of Praise PCG 17 hr mighty matt 1
Wholesale Medical Marijuana supplier Oct 11 good man 1
what yall think ? Oct 8 TOWNTALKN 2
bandidos opening a chapter here (Mar '13) Oct 4 snitchesareadying... 16
Watson s Auction Services Maud (Jun '13) Sep '14 b wood 10
Burglary of Pharmacy in Wewoka (May '06) Sep '14 okinFrisco 94
Wewoka PD (Sep '11) Sep '14 Payattention 17
Seminole Dating
Find my Match

Seminole Jobs