SBI: 2 Okla. sheriff's deputies shot,...

SBI: 2 Okla. sheriff's deputies shot, killed as they...

There are 34 comments on the KFOR-TV Oklahoma City story from Jul 26, 2009, titled SBI: 2 Okla. sheriff's deputies shot, killed as they.... In it, KFOR-TV Oklahoma City reports that:

Oklahoma investigators say two Seminole County sheriff's deputies have died after a man open fired as they tried to serve a domestic abuse arrest warrant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR-TV Oklahoma City.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“YEAH, BOYEEEEE!”

Since: Jul 09

OKC Metro

#33 Jul 31, 2009
this was my brother wrote:
this was my brother we laid to rest today. i went to C.L.E.E.T. with him, trained with him, laughed with him, ate with him, cried with him, now i cry for him and the family he left behind. Chase was a fun loving wounderful guy that would've done anything for you just like most lawenforcement officers.Remeber we are just people too. please have some respect for those who would gladly lay thier lives down for you, not even knowing you. yes even you, sanity, bill , and whoever. soo next time you see a policeman or policewoman remember this comment i leave on this site, and remeber the families of the one that don't get to come home at night. thank GOD for the wounderful sevice and huge turn out>>>GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU EVEN THE IGNERENT ONES...THIS WAS FOR YOU BROTHER REST IN PEACE, SEE YOU WHEN HE CALLS ME FOR SERVICE IN HEAVEN. LOVE YA FROM YOUR MPD BROTHER
YOu and the rest of his loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.
tulsa bitch

Coweta, OK

#34 Jul 31, 2009
beeing a police officer is rough.
this was my brother

United States

#35 Jul 31, 2009
thank you my friend, for your thought and prayers. may God bless you and your family as well.

“A witty saying proves nothing.”

Since: Sep 08

Bethany, OK

#37 Jul 31, 2009
Merchant of Menace wrote:
<quoted text>
Would someone explain to me why these men didn't wear kevlar? I know it's not 100%, but hey... Also, no offense meant here, but why all the profanity? Can't we make a point without all the bleeping expletives?
Well I guess I cant when it comes to such stupidity as the nonsense that Sanity wrote above. It does irk me to see and deal with idiots.. but I do it daily in public so why not here huh? I will try and work on it.

Bethany, OK

#38 Jul 31, 2009
Besides they are just trolls.. looking to piss others off.. that is what they get off on.. so my bad, I was feeding the trolls.

Bethany, OK

#39 Jul 31, 2009
this was my brother we laid to rest today. i went to C.L.E.E.T. with him, trained with him, laughed with him, ate with him, cried with him, now i cry for him and the family he left behind. Chase was a fun loving wounderful guy that would've done anything for you just like most lawenforcement officers.Remeber we are just people too. please have some respect for those who would gladly lay thier lives down for you, not even knowing you. yes even you, sanity, bill , and whoever. soo next time you see a policeman or policewoman remember this comment i leave on this site, and remeber the families of the one that don't get to come home at night. thank GOD for the wounderful sevice and huge turn out>>>GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU EVEN THE IGNERENT ONES...THIS WAS FOR YOU BROTHER REST IN PEACE, SEE YOU WHEN HE CALLS ME FOR SERVICE IN HEAVEN. LOVE YA FROM YOUR MPD BROTHER
Many blessings to you and yours.. and all those whom serve in this line of duty. Prayers are sent your way.
clint eastwood

Coweta, OK

#40 Jul 31, 2009
hi just a name i bet you are the all american women bitchie at night soft as an angle durring the day.to bad your married and dont mess a round.
ime bord and rhonda doesent get back till monday night.

“Il n'est rien de reel...”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#41 Jul 31, 2009
Thank heaven for those who protect and serve! Bless them and their families in these sad, sad times. May it bring you small comfort to know that those absent with us on earth are ever present with the Almighty.

Bethany, OK

#43 Jul 31, 2009
clint eastwood wrote:
hi just a name i bet you are the all american women bitchie at night soft as an angle durring the day.to bad your married and dont mess a round.
ime bord and rhonda doesent get back till monday night.
Sorry but You gave me a good laugh anyways... I am bitchy at night and during the day.. what would you expect? I am a female.

“YEAH, BOYEEEEE!”

Since: Jul 09

OKC Metro

#45 Jul 31, 2009
Holder wrote:
Mountain is just expressing his 1st amendment rights. Now during world war 11 those who expressed any negative comments about the Gestapo were shot and we came close to this during the 8 years of Republican/Nazi control over America.
You're a moron when it comes to history. Who's trying to make it a crime to believe a certain way? The Republicans? No, the Democrats. He's got his First Amendment rights, and so do I. The First Amendment doesn't just apply to losers and cretins like yourself.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#47 Apr 15, 2011
Past Officer wrote:
Yes it is sad that two men have lost their lives. Their family will suffer greatly.
But they should have waited for backup. They should not have busted into a door that they did not know what was behind it. They should have treated it like a stand off and tried to talk to the man and get him to come out. I do not know if the Officers had the correct training for the situation that they were facing. If they had they would have done things different. But the man that shot them should get death for what he has done.
They did have back up
Kathy

Frisco, TX

#48 Apr 16, 2011
It's so easy to sit back after the facts and judge! I don't know about Seminole county but I grew up in Custer county. Small departments don't always have back up. They patrol large areas of the county with very few officers. City police aren't always able to go out in the county even if they'd like to. And Kevlar is expensive! Trying to maintain county jails, keep cars in running order and pay officers usually taxes their budgets to the limit. Most officers I know end up buying alot if their equipment themselves. I wish everyone who is so quick to judge would go see what is REALLY going on in the world instead of sitting back and taking what they read in the paper and see on the news as gospel. My respects and prayers go to these guys family, friends and coworkers. And a big THANK YOU for doing what you do to those officers who try every day to make our lives a little bit safer!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#49 Apr 16, 2011
Kathy wrote:
It's so easy to sit back after the facts and judge! I don't know about Seminole county but I grew up in Custer county. Small departments don't always have back up. They patrol large areas of the county with very few officers. City police aren't always able to go out in the county even if they'd like to. And Kevlar is expensive! Trying to maintain county jails, keep cars in running order and pay officers usually taxes their budgets to the limit. Most officers I know end up buying alot if their equipment themselves. I wish everyone who is so quick to judge would go see what is REALLY going on in the world instead of sitting back and taking what they read in the paper and see on the news as gospel. My respects and prayers go to these guys family, friends and coworkers. And a big THANK YOU for doing what you do to those officers who try every day to make our lives a little bit safer!
I was the dispatcher on duty that day that heard the voice come over saying my deputy was shot and not moving. I may have not been out there with them but I was in dispatch having to listen to the entire thing knowing there was nothing I could. I know they had backup bc the lighthorse that responded was just pulling on scene when I left the room minutes before it happened. It was in the city limits so the city officers were responding. I'm a jailer now and our dispatchers get paid $500 more a month than what I get paid. They don't have to deal with inmates or physical threats everyday like I do. I go to work just like a deputy, never knowing if I could get hurt or not. I would do anything in this world for my brothers and sisters in law enforcement . Especially the ones that work in Seminole co.
Kathy

Frisco, TX

#50 Apr 16, 2011
I can't imagine how helpless you must have felt. I worked on the ambulance as a medic in weatherford. Everyone is a close knit family..dispatch, police, fire and EMS. In small towns you have to be, your lives depend on it. I believe that they did have back up. I just wanted others who may not know how it is in rural areas and what law enforcement and EMS are up against. Most of the time your backup is miles away in a another town! And budget issues are another hinderance, less of a tax base, lower population but still have to do the job! Just with less money. I never lost a coworker while on the job but have lost several friends that I've kept from that time. Working on the truck, and working with all of the awesome medics, firemen, law endorsement and dispatchers for those 7 years were some of the best of my life. My heart will always be in EMS. My condolences on your loss as well!
Ecucops2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was the dispatcher on duty that day that heard the voice come over saying my deputy was shot and not moving. I may have not been out there with them but I was in dispatch having to listen to the entire thing knowing there was nothing I could. I know they had backup bc the lighthorse that responded was just pulling on scene when I left the room minutes before it happened. It was in the city limits so the city officers were responding. I'm a jailer now and our dispatchers get paid $500 more a month than what I get paid. They don't have to deal with inmates or physical threats everyday like I do. I go to work just like a deputy, never knowing if I could get hurt or not. I would do anything in this world for my brothers and sisters in law enforcement . Especially the ones that work in Seminole co.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seminole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy Azlin PLumbing May 16 Grubber 2
News Oklahoma bill aimed at dismantling unions takes... May 3 shoesferu 1
News Stolen Truck Leads Officers on 53-Mile Pursuit,... (Feb '08) May 1 Tired Of It 28
News Massive Burglary Stash House Raided Near Prague Apr 24 Country AC 2
Murder of Wanda N. Jackson back in 2004 ? ? (Dec '09) Apr 24 juror 4
Will Prague Village Idiot be at State Basketbal... Apr '18 Hell Hell Hell 4
oil rig explosion Apr '18 curious 1

Seminole Jobs

Personal Finance

Seminole Mortgages