James Berlowitz

Ingleside, TX

#1 Sep 16, 2011
I recently read "Moving Heaven and Earth" by Karen Anson. It's sad that a potentially interesting local subject is so badly handled in this amateurish book. The long-winded prose is awkward, the errors are numerous, and the so-called author's "I'm an expert on everything" manner grates like nails across the chalkboard. Pretentious in her mediocrity, Miss Anson does a great disservice to Mr. Moran in particular and to the Seminole community in general. Mr. Moran and the community both deserved a book of professional quality, and I sincerely hope someone will write one. "Moving Heaven and Earth" clearly isn't that book.
raymond

Seminole, OK

#2 Sep 16, 2011
you are presuming that someone actually cares or is aware of this obscure piece of "literature"
Concerned

Seminole, OK

#3 Sep 17, 2011
raymond wrote:
you are presuming that someone actually cares or is aware of this obscure piece of "literature"
Lol
James Berlowitz

Ingleside, TX

#4 Sep 17, 2011
raymond wrote:
The piece of sh*t is advertised on Amazon, with a favorable review from a former teacher at Seminole State College. But I'll take your post as an optimistic possibility. Thank you.
raymond

Seminole, OK

#5 Sep 17, 2011
Well there is probably a reason that teacher was at a junior college.
Dana Venkman

Ann Arbor, MI

#6 Sep 17, 2011
There was a really interesting piece about Jasmine Moran in the Seminole paper a couple weeks ago. Probably one of the only things half way readable from that joke of a newspaper.
L Reynolds

Dallas, TX

#7 Sep 17, 2011
The article was fantasticly written about Jasmine. It was a little long for a newspaper and I felt the writer was still cutting it short and me. I have not read the book, but the article has my curiousity flowing about this wonderful woman. Hopefully Darrick and Courtney can do a wonderful follow up. I want more! The book can't be that bad? I piece of me wants to read it now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seminole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Prague Village Idiot be at State Basketbal... Fri Hell Hell Hell 4
oil rig explosion Apr 4 curious 1
News Dog walks 20 miles to find family who gave her ... Mar 23 Update 2
News Massive Burglary Stash House Raided Near Prague Mar '18 blindedbyscience 1
Lake Wewoka (Jul '17) Mar '18 Mac Grubber 10
Moving forward in Seminole (Jul '17) Mar '18 Seminole taxed to... 4
Seminole Oklahoma property taxes will more then... Mar '18 High tax Oklahoma 1

Seminole Jobs

Personal Finance

Seminole Mortgages