Living in Seminole,Ok.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
frybreadbaby

Oklahoma City, OK

#21 Jan 6, 2011
I lived in Seminole for 1 year, and it sucked. There is NOTHING going on. The cops think that they are an elite bunch. I did enjoy the people next door, and the folks at the local stores.
raymond

Seminole, OK

#22 Jan 6, 2011
Seminole has always thought they were just a notch above everyone else in the area. They are legends in their own minds.
woodland

Oklahoma City, OK

#23 Jan 7, 2011
AyeJ wrote:
@"Andy"-
No gangs in Seminole? Are you serious right now?! YES there are gangs & YES there is major drug and crime activity!!! There is nothing in Seminole anymore its a dead town...
@ "Will & Not"-
The cliques aren't as bad as they were in the 90's only because most of those people left that craphole and Mike is right the ones who stuck around are involved in so much scandalous activity it isn't funny!!
@ Jeremiah-
Did you use large words to make yourself feel better about degrading Will?? You probably were/are still a part of that group mentioned above that made others lives hell because they were monitarily beneath you, which I am sure is why you felt the need to let us all know you're a big city business man on Wall Street now right!? I still have family in that town as well and even they can vouch for 90% of what has been written on here, it isn't lies..if you think Seminole is great you obviously live in eternal sunshine!!!
I could not agree more...This town is crawling with meth heads who would rather take out 8 hrs of their lives looking for their next bump than work to pay the bills and feed their children...I am a college student at SSC and as soon as I graduate I'm out of this hell hole. I've lived here since 1992 and I've had enough of the back stabbing Nosey people who have nothing better to do than gossip about anyone and everyone!
Jill

Houston, TX

#24 Nov 29, 2011
You are absolutely right Raymond. I think they teach "how to be snobs" in the elementary schools here. Especially Northwood.

Since: Jul 13

Oklahoma City, OK

#25 Sep 15, 2013
City of Seminole has a corrupt management and its Urban Renewal program seems to have its own people burning down buildings to make way for some private agenda. Its not a good place for anyone to move, much less bring a new business to. Warning to anyone who hears of Seminole Oklahoma: Stay away. Seminole is in the news paper for burning people out of property so its "circle" can take it and give it to their own for nothing. Word is out and people are talking. Look up the article on NewsOk.com
concordia u

Oklahoma City, OK

#26 Nov 2, 2013
Spoken as true as it gets. Yes it is everything you said and more. I advise anyone passing through to keep going. DO NOT move to Seminole Oklahoma. This town is a farce.
not wrote:
Will may not know how to spell well and his grammar might not be up to snuff, but his experience is valid.
I moved to Seminole in 1970 when my father came to build an institution there and I have seen nearly 40 years of what goes on there, and Will is not off-base in the slightest.
The town is cliquey in a very 'me better than you', hateful, rude way.
Perhaps you do not see it that way because Seminole can be very "Mayberry-ish" to those who never receive the back-end of the over-the-top hateful idiocy of some (not all) people who live there. In that case, your experience there was probably fairly utopian because you fit in well.
Those who do not can and do come away with Will's experience.
After having traveled extensively across the world that was work related and done the same in the continental U.S., I have seen a wide variety of urban & rural anthills to compare my hometown to. None of them are at all like Seminole in personality. It is as dichotomously hateful and backward as they come. Many of us refer to it as The Black Hole, because it sucks so hard not even light can escape.
Some of my family still lives there, and I've no doubt they know your family. Good for you that you never saw the ass of Seminole. That does not make Will's testimony invalid, no matter how inarticulate it was. For many, it is not a safe place to raise a family, a good place to find friends, and it certainly has no economic opportunities for anyone unless you are in geriatric care or drug-enforcement. It is no place to live and many people who live there feel trapped with backward hillbillies who feel compelled to thrust ridicule at anyone who emits the slightest bit of diversity.
lmao

Kansas City, MO

#27 Nov 3, 2013
woodland wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not agree more...This town is crawling with meth heads who would rather take out 8 hrs of their lives looking for their next bump than work to pay the bills and feed their children...I am a college student at SSC and as soon as I graduate I'm out of this hell hole. I've lived here since 1992 and I've had enough of the back stabbing Nosey people who have nothing better to do than gossip about anyone and everyone!
heres a wake up call fer ya........its like that everywhere,in smaller towns its just that everyone knows everyone so its easier to gossip and spot all the losers..........
been there

United States

#28 Dec 2, 2013
You might as well cut both of your wrists as live in Seminole, Oklahoma.
worried

Colorado Springs, CO

#29 Aug 25, 2014
My family is about to move to seminole for a job... All this writing is making me very uneasy... I'm from fl and we are just getting out of the military does anyone have any advice... we have a daughter and this sounds terrible
seminolesucks

Shawnee, OK

#30 Dec 22, 2015
slipknot0129 wrote:
every other state sucks compared to oklahoma.
You're so wrong about that, there are many wonderful states, maybe you haven't been anywhere else but in Oklahoma the reason you say that but, in all honesty Oklahoma sucks and Seminole really SUCKS lol I just choose to live here because it's a small town, being that I was born and raised in a large city and state. Don't get me wrong, I love Seminole and don't want to leave here, although some of the people here are rude, hateful, an uncaring there are lots who are just the opposite, I stay to myself and try to avoid all the rude, hateful people, also the people in Seminole aren't very helpful toward others in need in the community and yes there are more churches than entertainment that's why I can't understand why the people here act this way. What are they going to church for, to see what's the latest gossip, lol?
seminolesucks

Shawnee, OK

#31 Dec 22, 2015
worried wrote:
My family is about to move to seminole for a job... All this writing is making me very uneasy... I'm from fl and we are just getting out of the military does anyone have any advice... we have a daughter and this sounds terrible
Don't let all the hype worry you, Seminole I think is a good place to raise your kids, that's why I live here now and I enjoyed raising my kids here, it's kind of hard not knowing what your kids are up to around here, somebody knows somebody that knows somebody and you will eventually f I nd out. My husband is military and maybe one day our paths may cross.
Native warrior

Arlington, TX

#32 Feb 2, 2016
Seminole is a place where if ur not on the in crowd it not on the end it is very devied by race and economy stander and the law is so crooked down there just like any place if u ain't got the money ur jacked but tell me how it is that natives get ft he worst treatment I know Seminole I'd a good place to grow up if ur whit r pretend to be white and got money y'all know it's true

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seminole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dog walks 20 miles to find family who gave her ... Jan 12 Animal Lover 1
News Stolen Truck Leads Officers on 53-Mile Pursuit,... (Feb '08) Dec 30 sasakwa outlaw 13
sarah loudermilk (Jun '13) Dec 23 Blue 4
bandidos opening a chapter here (Mar '13) Dec '17 Xman 25
Drug dealers in wewoka (Jul '17) Dec '17 Xman 9
Election Who do you support for District Judge in Oklaho... (Oct '10) Nov '17 Crotch Grab 6
Tammy lynn wheeler and jennifer renee wheeler Oct '17 Jennifer wheeler 3

Seminole Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seminole Mortgages