county commisioner

Posted in the Seminole Forum

is this for real

United States

#1 Oct 3, 2009
that the people of a seminole county district elected a person to help handle the county's funds
that has been in court for indebtedness himself.
(SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT)
Gotta Love It

United States

#2 Jul 30, 2010
Can you believe the redneck mentality? They have elected a man that can't read and will tell you everything you want to hear.What's next?
horsecoller

United States

#3 Jul 31, 2010
What I don't understand, is why didn't the incumbent, not answer the political attack ads in the newspaper? He wasn't a public relations type person anyway, so why didn't he go toe to toe in the ads, like he did early on? I liked it early on, when if someone attacked his crew in the paper, he would tell them what he thought. He should have stuck with his personna and battled it out IMH.
Gotta Love It

United States

#4 Aug 1, 2010
horsecoller wrote:
What I don't understand, is why didn't the incumbent, not answer the political attack ads in the newspaper? He wasn't a public relations type person anyway, so why didn't he go toe to toe in the ads, like he did early on? I liked it early on, when if someone attacked his crew in the paper, he would tell them what he thought. He should have stuck with his personna and battled it out IMH.
I guess you have heard you can't fight a newspaper.They don't publish political opinions during an election.They want people to pay for ads.The attack ads probably were not paid for.The group that supposedly paid for the ads does not exist.The paper has manipulated people once again.Oh well they have got what they deserved.He can't read and gets lost easily.
horsecoller

United States

#5 Aug 1, 2010
I know you have to pay for the ads and wondered if the incumbent didn't pay for the ads, because of bad press from the newspaper. The thing is, in a political campaign, you have to run your ads and get your word out. I wanted to hear his response to the attack ads, and liked him better when he was telling his opponents what he thought, in no uncertain terms. I realize that is not good public relations for politicians, but he wasn't changing his way of doing things, so why not get your licks in, even if you go down.
Gotta Love It

United States

#6 Aug 2, 2010
horsecoller wrote:
I know you have to pay for the ads and wondered if the incumbent didn't pay for the ads, because of bad press from the newspaper. The thing is, in a political campaign, you have to run your ads and get your word out. I wanted to hear his response to the attack ads, and liked him better when he was telling his opponents what he thought, in no uncertain terms. I realize that is not good public relations for politicians, but he wasn't changing his way of doing things, so why not get your licks in, even if you go down.
I have heard he was not about to give the paper a dime.I wonder why the paper hasn't gotten after the district 2 commissioner???? You know he put his secretary on county payroll! He hired the newly elected commissioner.He gave him a county owned vehicle and put his name on it.Not to mention county gas.So the old guy drives all over Seminole basically campaigning for free.Think about it, that vehicle was seen many places it shouldn't have been.No wonder the incumbent called him out.I will not be taking the paper now.And as long as Seminole lets the paper and a few others run the show I will do very little shopping there.I suggest you think about doing the same.Shawnee has many more choices anyway!
horsecoller

United States

#7 Aug 2, 2010
I was aware of all that, but maybe a lot of voters weren't. This is all after the fact, but there were mistakes made in this race and probably in the court clerk as well, for not answering the political allegations. If the allegations are not answered, the voters may think they are true. What are your thoughts on the district three commissioner runoff?
Gotta Love It

United States

#8 Aug 2, 2010
I think they had better vote the incumbent back in.At least he is an honest man.I've heard some of the things the opponent has said,and they are just not true.So he could be persuaded one way or the other, probably.I really think the people want a stand-up guy.I think the incumbent is the one!
horsecoller

United States

#9 Aug 2, 2010
I know that when he ran four years ago, he came by and told me he would keep the roads graded. I live on a road in between main roads and easy to forget. He has kept the road graded more than the last one before him for sure, in fact it is graded on a regular basis. The race is close.
Smarter Than That

United States

#10 Aug 8, 2010
Gotta Love It wrote:
Can you believe the redneck mentality? They have elected a man that can't read and will tell you everything you want to hear.What's next?
Yes I believe it.The ignorant,redneck hillbillies and people with something to gain voted him in.Wonder what Wewoka will do? They better keep the incumbent in.We know he can't be manipulated.It all depends on whether they want Seminole in control.Something they had better think about.
is this for real

United States

#11 Aug 12, 2010
Gotta Love It wrote:
I think they had better vote the incumbent back in.At least he is an honest man.I've heard some of the things the opponent has said,and they are just not true.So he could be persuaded one way or the other, probably.I really think the people want a stand-up guy.I think the incumbent is the one!
IF THIS IS DISTRICT 3 YOUR TALKING ABOUT, YOU HAVE NOT DRIVEN ON TH COUNTY ROAD THAT i LIVE ON!
Glad You Told Me

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Aug 19, 2010
Gotta Love It wrote:
<quoted text> I have heard he was not about to give the paper a dime.I wonder why the paper hasn't gotten after the district 2 commissioner???? You know he put his secretary on county payroll! He hired the newly elected commissioner.He gave him a county owned vehicle and put his name on it.Not to mention county gas.So the old guy drives all over Seminole basically campaigning for free.Think about it, that vehicle was seen many places it shouldn't have been.No wonder the incumbent called him out.I will not be taking the paper now.And as long as Seminole lets the paper and a few others run the show I will do very little shopping there.I suggest you think about doing the same.Shawnee has many more choices anyway!
Why Did he put his secretary from his business on county payroll? What is her job description? Ohhhhh! Makes you wonder,doesn't it? This is something to really think about.Sounds like he just created jobs for "Friends",I'd like to know more about Dist.3 Commissioner and his relationships!
Gotta Love It

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Aug 24, 2010
District 3 commissioner is a family man,not aware of any scandals.He has ran a clean campaign,I like that! District 2 commissioner,I'm already hearing he will not be re-elected.He can't be on the up and up.I've heard too many things about him.Why did he put his secretary on county payroll???????
Anonymous

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Oct 6, 2010
what are their names

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seminole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Temple Of Praise PCG Sun mighty matt 1
Wholesale Medical Marijuana supplier Oct 11 good man 1
what yall think ? Oct 8 TOWNTALKN 2
bandidos opening a chapter here (Mar '13) Oct 4 snitchesareadying... 16
Watson s Auction Services Maud (Jun '13) Sep '14 b wood 10
Burglary of Pharmacy in Wewoka (May '06) Sep '14 okinFrisco 94
Wewoka PD (Sep '11) Sep '14 Payattention 17
Seminole Dating
Find my Match

Seminole Jobs

Seminole People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Seminole News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Seminole

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]