Missing girl's grandfather blankets 4...

Missing girl's grandfather blankets 4 counties with phone calls

There are 439 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 24, 2008, titled Missing girl's grandfather blankets 4 counties with phone calls. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The grandfather of Caylee Marie Anthony asked hundreds of thousands of people Wednesday to help find the missing child, using an automatic telephone system that dialed homes in five Central Florida counties.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 22
Next Last
detractor

Lakeland, FL

#1 Jul 24, 2008
Christina Baez, speaking on behalf of her father, defense attorney Jose Baez, said the Anthonys want to bond their 22-year-old daughter out of jail as soon as possible, but the bail amount is "outrageous."
I am curious to ask the legal professionals out there: is it normal for a defense attorney to have his daughter out there as his press secretary? What's next....having his mother-in-law set court dates?
Karen

Rock Hill, SC

#2 Jul 24, 2008
detractor wrote:
Christina Baez, speaking on behalf of her father, defense attorney Jose Baez, said the Anthonys want to bond their 22-year-old daughter out of jail as soon as possible, but the bail amount is "outrageous."
I am curious to ask the legal professionals out there: is it normal for a defense attorney to have his daughter out there as his press secretary? What's next....having his mother-in-law set court dates?
She works in her fathers office but I did think it was odd he would have her commenting on his behalf.
guy from sanford

United States

#3 Jul 24, 2008
She's a college student, so I guess father thinks she is an appropriate spokesperson.

A little girl is missing and the lawyer is building a circus around the situation. Very sad.
when will it end

Summerfield, FL

#4 Jul 24, 2008
Another day passes and still no information from the family - wasn't that why they wanted Casey out so she could cooperate with police and wasn't the brother going to be able to get it out of her.
linda

Orlando, FL

#6 Jul 24, 2008
God help find her.
you gotta be kidding me

Orlando, FL

#8 Jul 24, 2008
Who does grandpa think he's kidding? He knows what his daughter did, but his primary concern is to protect HIS little princess. And the attorney thinks this is the OJ trial for him. Cha ching!
xterby

United States

#9 Jul 24, 2008
"The grandfather of Caylee Marie Anthony asked hundreds of thousands of people Wednesday to help find the missing child, using an automatic telephone system that dialed homes in five Central Florida counties."

Hey grandpa...here's a tip. Call the mom and ask her. She's the only one who knows what she did with your granddaughter. Face reality.
Edward R Wyatt

AOL

#10 Jul 24, 2008
This is DUMB. If Casey had nothing to do with her MISSING CHILD, she wouldn't be in jail. To say "Let her out and she'll tell" is even more DUMBER.
WATERBOARD Casey and Cindy. AND their DUMB LAWYER.

They should be more interested in their on flesh and blood than the Law.

Their stories sure does smells like Cindys, so called, Rotten Pizza.
UCF TailGator

Winter Park, FL

#11 Jul 24, 2008
You couldnt write a better murder/mystery novel than this.
Unfortunatly, I think mom and daughter "wrote" this one a few weeks back. I hope Im wrong.
doodles

West Palm Beach, FL

#12 Jul 24, 2008
Is grandma going to back out of the press now and grandpa is stepping up? Let me guess, grandma is "too tired".
slip

Plano, TX

#14 Jul 24, 2008
Look,

she knows what happened to that little girl. She did something, or she knows who did. She has lied to police about everything.

Her lawyer is trying to spin things around and try to make her seem like the innocent party
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#15 Jul 24, 2008
UCF TailGator wrote:
You couldnt write a better murder/mystery novel than this.
Unfortunatly, I think mom and daughter "wrote" this one a few weeks back. I hope Im wrong.
You know what? If you'd write a book with such a messed up cast of characters, I'm betting most publishers would reject it on the grounds it was too unbelievable! And now the lawyers' daughter is out there talking? Strange....
snowbird

Rochester, NY

#16 Jul 24, 2008
Cristina:

You are right, the bond is outrageous. And as an aspiring attorney, let this be a lesson to you....when you come to court unprepared this is what happens to your client. You see, the bond hearing turned into a 'probable cause' hearing and your dad got sandbagged. I think you can either be the media liaison, or you can be a litigator, but I'm not sure any attorney can do both.
Also Cristina, if you watch the hearing you will see that the attempted blackmail of the court was where your dad lost this case. The proposition that "let her out and she will help, keep her in and she won't" just didn't fly. In fact, I would say that it pretty much enraged the judge.
Put the blame where it belongs dear; ineffective assistance of counsel. And frankly, if I were the client I would be reading your entire firm the riot act.
Orlando Reader

Orlando, FL

#17 Jul 24, 2008
As much as I want this little girl to be alive and safe, I think using a telemarketing company to spam phone calls to people's houses is kind of rude. Everyone knows your granddaughter is missing. You don't have spam people with calls about it. Everyone gets the news one way or the the other. Either from the internet, t.v., or radio.

Also, does he know people on the "do not call list" won't be getting this message. If that's the case, I think the majority of central floridians won't be getting this call.
susan

Ferndale, MI

#18 Jul 24, 2008
if she is in atlanta why are they focusing on florida?
WFT

Casselberry, FL

#19 Jul 24, 2008
snowbird wrote:
Cristina:
You are right, the bond is outrageous. And as an aspiring attorney, let this be a lesson to you....when you come to court unprepared this is what happens to your client. You see, the bond hearing turned into a 'probable cause' hearing and your dad got sandbagged. I think you can either be the media liaison, or you can be a litigator, but I'm not sure any attorney can do both.
Also Cristina, if you watch the hearing you will see that the attempted blackmail of the court was where your dad lost this case. The proposition that "let her out and she will help, keep her in and she won't" just didn't fly. In fact, I would say that it pretty much enraged the judge.
Put the blame where it belongs dear; ineffective assistance of counsel. And frankly, if I were the client I would be reading your entire firm the riot act.
How can defense attorneys even sleep at night??? You actually think that the bond for this is outrageous?????

What is outrageous is this POS mother who refuses to say what she did with a defenseless 2 year old child? If you had any morals at all, you would be seeking to defend this child, not the mother!

All you bottomfeeding defense lawyers care about is getting guilty people free and getting rich from it, you don't care about society, or obviously this 2 year old child.

It would be perfect karma if one day, one of the guilty people that you "get off" so they can go back out and hurt other people, come back and rape, kill, you or someone in your family. Perfect karma.

Did you have a "calling" that led you to want to do your part to set criminals free to hurt other people?

Since: Jun 07

Oviedo, FL

#21 Jul 24, 2008
snowbird wrote:
Cristina:
OUCH !!

The truth does hurt.
apple

United States

#22 Jul 24, 2008
HOW MANY BOOK AND MOVIE DEALS HAVE THE GRANDMOTHER AND MOTHER MADE SO FAR?
wondering

Leavenworth, KS

#23 Jul 24, 2008
Is there a father out there?
NikiNak

Mount Juliet, TN

#24 Jul 24, 2008
Maybe Gramps should have been calling the cops 6 weeks ago when his GrandDaughter went missing!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seminole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BEWARE of Comfort Cover Systems (Mar '12) 20 hr Justin 13
Indian Rocks Beach Music Thread (Feb '16) Sep 18 Musikologist 3
Gulfport Music Thread (Jan '16) Sep 17 Musikologist 3
Review: simplybichons and maltese (Dec '13) Sep 16 BlackJack 6
United Travel Schools (Jan '06) Sep 15 indict Mike Pence 100
News 3 Tampa Starbucks Among Those To Be Closed (Jul '08) Sep 15 Yeah MEG RYAN 49
Church (sic) of scientology is running ads "Sto... Sep 15 indict mike milken 3

Seminole Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seminole Mortgages