First Prev
of 5
Next Last
new resident

United States

#1 Sep 30, 2011
I have been told by several people in the area that I probably do not want friends of ethnic color or background as friends or visitors to my house.
Is this serious?
Are McNairy County residents really that judgmental? To the point I need to worry about my children being shamed and ridiculed at school?
Thanks for any insight!
- New Resident
Well

Pflugerville, TX

#2 Oct 1, 2011
I just wish the whites and blacks would quit mixing its just plain sick
pipewelder11

United States

#4 Oct 1, 2011
Nah its ok around here its just the bay bay kids u need too worry about another then that its ok
new resident

United States

#5 Oct 3, 2011
pipewelder11 wrote:
Nah its ok around here its just the bay bay kids u need too worry about another then that its ok
Thanks.
I was told not to have my friend over to my house and I was just curious.
Thanks again.
- new resident
nunya

United States

#6 Oct 5, 2011
Well wrote:
I just wish the whites and blacks would quit mixing its just plain sick
It ain't any if your business what two people do in there bedroom, white or black... We are all people, color is nothing.
Soulshaker

United States

#7 Oct 5, 2011
Screw it don't matter if a mans black or white. If he's your friend. Pigmentation isn't going to change that. I got black friends. They come visit. So what? That doesn't change who I am. And they don't work any "evil" magic to turn me into a different person. I also have racist friends. N
They got over it. People are gonna judge no matter where you are. But it's not their place to do so. If they talk about you, give it a day and they'll all be on a new subject of gossip. Welcome to the bliss of a small town. When there's nothing to do mouths begin to open. Sad but true.
friend

Lexington, TN

#8 Oct 5, 2011
it is what it is, with all of it's advantages and disadvantages. things are changing here, but slowly, not like a larger town. many of the older people are racist and nothing will change that, but most of the younger people are not. and your professional people are not racist or else they hide it very well. your neighbors might not invite you over for supper but there are laws in place that will keep them from openly insulting you. live the life you want to live and raise your children to do the same and i am sure you will find happiness here. i don't know you but welcome to our town.

Since: Jul 11

#10 Oct 7, 2011
It all depends on the neighborhood you live in. There are still very racial people around Selmer and rural areas of McNairy county. Just because there are laws doesnt mean they still wont try something.
JustWannaLetUNo

Lexington, TN

#11 Oct 9, 2011
I am very skeptical of all people, especially racist people. I pretty much stay to myself and i don't go out my way to impress anyone, because people are not going to care no more about you no matter what at the end of the day. People who have hate in their heart toward people of a different race than themselves never stop to think who they may have to depend on before they get old and die. I work in a nursing home facility and about 97% of the patients I work with are white, some of them are racist. But you know what? These same people can no longer feed themselves, clean their own behinds, bathe themselves, and etc. And these same people have to depend on a black person to do some of these things for them. So be careful who you mistreat, because you never know who you may have to depend on to do simple things for you before you die. How can you say you are a true Christian when you hate someone because they are not white?
yea

United States

#12 Oct 9, 2011
Tru

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#13 Oct 16, 2011
Blacks are the most racist people. I went to church with a black lady and she told me they are tought as kids to hate white people.
Tweeter

United States

#14 Oct 21, 2011
If I hate u it's not cuz you're black or white. It's because you're an ass
ipimpyoboyfriend _

Summerville, GA

#15 Oct 21, 2011
it's people's own decision on who they like and don't like. I'm mixed; black and white. but it's kinda stupid and pathetic to hate people just because they're a different COLOR. we're all the same on the inside, we just look different. some people should really get over themselves. cuz trust me, I'm pretty sure you're not that great.
Well

United States

#16 Oct 21, 2011
There is a reason that we are different colors and it is definatly not to make muts!
ipimpyoboyfriend _

Summerville, GA

#17 Oct 21, 2011
Well wrote:
There is a reason that we are different colors and it is definatly not to make muts!
muts? HAHAHA, you must think God makes mistakes? NO! pretty sure I'm here for a reason, dumbass.
just saying

Lexington, TN

#18 Oct 21, 2011
not gonna be segragated clouds in heaven if it makes a difference here then ya wont be invited to the party
Can I get an AMEN

Lexington, TN

#19 Oct 23, 2011
just saying wrote:
not gonna be segragated clouds in heaven if it makes a difference here then ya wont be invited to the party
Well Said!
racist

United States

#20 Oct 24, 2011
to damn bad there ain't segragation now, place would be a whole lot better
friend

Lexington, TN

#21 Oct 24, 2011
racist wrote:
to damn bad there ain't segragation now, place would be a whole lot better
only if they segrated the idiots from the intelligent. burn.......
hmmmm

Byhalia, MS

#22 Oct 24, 2011
bendix wrote:
Blacks are the most racist people. I went to church with a black lady and she told me they are tought as kids to hate white people.
that goes both ways but not all families are that way

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Advice 27 min GoEagles 36
adam robert stone? (Sep '12) 11 hr Get Real 3
Anybody know Sarah Thomas the one who cuts hair 20 hr Crusty McDingleBerry 14
anybody know neal black? is he good guy or not? (May '13) Mon Melonie 14
Can you repent without changing? Mon Opened eyes 30
Sarah Milford Mon Randy 2
trump Mon confused 1

Selmer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Selmer Mortgages