Selmer Jaycees Haunted House - Tentat...

Selmer Jaycees Haunted House - Tentative opening 10/22/10!!!!!!!!!!

Posted in the Selmer Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Selmer Jaycees

Lexington, TN

#1 Oct 13, 2010
The Selmer Jaycees are putting on their annual Haunted House this year at the Selmer Jaycees building on McNairy Central Road. The tentative opening date is 10/22/10 this year. Hours are still not set in stone but we are assuming that they will be the same as last year with the Haunted House opening time being 6pm. We will only be running the House for one week this year versus a month last year. This year's attractions within the house will be quite different from last year's and will be more of a Haunted "House" than a haunted "maze" like last year. Since the attractions this year will be geared more to a teenage(13/14 and up) and adult crowd, we ask that if you bring small children, they need to be accompanied by an adult if they intend to enter the House. Entrance will be limited to small groups of 8-10 or less to enjoy the full effects of the attractions/scenes. We also ask that visitors wear clothing suitable for a Haunted House because there *may* be a possibility that they may get tarnished or dirty. Also, due to some incidents last year, we request that all pocket knives and potential weapons be left in your vehicle for the utmost safety of you and the workers in the House as well. As always, anyone that is faint of heart, prone to seizures, is pregnant, or in otherwise questionable health, it is not recommended that you enter the "House" for your own health and safety. Please come join us for our event and enjoy our creation that we, the Selmer Jaycees, have made for the great citizens of this county to enjoy!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!
looking 4 haunted house

Gadsden, TN

#2 Oct 13, 2010
selmer jaycees,
as i read your this about the haunted house i have some questions 4 you? what kind of incidents happen last year? are the works allowed to get real close to the people going thru? what is the price this year? is there anything outside or is it all inside?
thanks,
what if

Gadsden, TN

#3 Oct 13, 2010
is that person you had last year going to be running the chain saw this year? who ever it was got to close to people with it last year!
Selmer Jaycees

Lexington, TN

#4 Oct 13, 2010
looking 4 haunted house wrote:
selmer jaycees,
as i read your this about the haunted house i have some questions 4 you? what kind of incidents happen last year? are the works allowed to get real close to the people going thru? what is the price this year? is there anything outside or is it all inside?
thanks,
We had an incident where one of the guests got so scared that they took out a pocket knife and cut through one of the plastic draped walls trying to get out. There was no threat to life or anything of that nature. This year we are just trying to eliminate the possibility of something like this happening again is all. The workers are NOT allowed to touch the visitors under normal conditions, yet our workers are allowed to take passive defensive measures(defending/blocking/se lf protection; NO hitting back or return physical attacking)should a guest be startled to the point of a physical reflexive act(reflexive swing/push/kick/shove). While the workers will be allowed to get close/near the guests, at no time will the workers "attack" or otherwise physically make contact to the guests during the performances. Pricing is $5.00 per person. The House will all be inside to eliminate the possibility of shutdown due to inclement weather and keep a comfortable regulated temperature for the workers and guests. I hope this has answered your questions. If you or anyone else has any more, please feel free to ask.
Selmer Jaycees

Lexington, TN

#5 Oct 13, 2010
what if wrote:
is that person you had last year going to be running the chain saw this year? who ever it was got to close to people with it last year!
The answer to your question is NO. The person running the chainsaw last year will NOT be doing that this year.
Selmer Jaycees

Lexington, TN

#6 Oct 14, 2010
Ok. The hours of operation have been established for our Haunted House and they are 10/22/10 through 10/28/10 open will be at 7pm and close at 10pm. For the weekend of Halloween 10/29/10 through 10/31/10 opening time will be 7pm and close will be when there are no more guests showing up. We encourage everyone to come out and have some fun!!!! Thank you!!
just so you know

Gadsden, TN

#7 Oct 14, 2010
i went to the haunted HOUSE last year that the jaycess put on, and if i remember correctly it was NOT a whole month, it was more like the week before halloween! i had friends go every night, so I KNOW THIS! and last years was AMAZING! beside the guy with the chainsaw, cause i was the one that HE TOUCHED inapporatly last year and i believe that he should not be around the "house" as your goin to call it, not if hes in charge. i will have to come see this "house" maybe it wont be a disater as that fair of yours!
Selmer Jaycees wrote:
The Selmer Jaycees are putting on their annual Haunted House this year at the Selmer Jaycees building on McNairy Central Road. The tentative opening date is 10/22/10 this year. Hours are still not set in stone but we are assuming that they will be the same as last year with the Haunted House opening time being 6pm. We will only be running the House for one week this year versus a month last year. This year's attractions within the house will be quite different from last year's and will be more of a Haunted "House" than a haunted "maze" like last year. Since the attractions this year will be geared more to a teenage(13/14 and up) and adult crowd, we ask that if you bring small children, they need to be accompanied by an adult if they intend to enter the House. Entrance will be limited to small groups of 8-10 or less to enjoy the full effects of the attractions/scenes. We also ask that visitors wear clothing suitable for a Haunted House because there *may* be a possibility that they may get tarnished or dirty. Also, due to some incidents last year, we request that all pocket knives and potential weapons be left in your vehicle for the utmost safety of you and the workers in the House as well. As always, anyone that is faint of heart, prone to seizures, is pregnant, or in otherwise questionable health, it is not recommended that you enter the "House" for your own health and safety. Please come join us for our event and enjoy our creation that we, the Selmer Jaycees, have made for the great citizens of this county to enjoy!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!
Selmer Jaycees

Lexington, TN

#8 Oct 15, 2010
just so you know wrote:
i went to the haunted HOUSE last year that the jaycess put on, and if i remember correctly it was NOT a whole month, it was more like the week before halloween! i had friends go every night, so I KNOW THIS! and last years was AMAZING! beside the guy with the chainsaw, cause i was the one that HE TOUCHED inapporatly last year and i believe that he should not be around the "house" as your goin to call it, not if hes in charge. i will have to come see this "house" maybe it wont be a disater as that fair of yours!<quoted text>
Absolutely come on out this year, go through it, and tell us what you think!!! Any and all input or feedback, positive or negative, is strongly encouraged so we can make adjustments and improve in the following years. the Jaycees desire is to be an integral part of the community again and do the best we possibly can for this county!!!
discount

Gadsden, TN

#9 Oct 15, 2010
if i bring a group of 20 or more can we get a discount? you had said it wasnt going to be a maze like last year, so are yall doing room? if so how many rooms are yall having?
can i help

Gadsden, TN

#10 Oct 15, 2010
im looking for a haunted house to work in and wanted to know if you could use some help?
Selmer Jaycees

Lexington, TN

#11 Oct 15, 2010
discount wrote:
if i bring a group of 20 or more can we get a discount? you had said it wasnt going to be a maze like last year, so are yall doing room? if so how many rooms are yall having?
I am quite sure that a large group discount can be worked out. Yes, we are not doing the maze this year. the house will consist of 8 very different yet intensely scary/thrilling rooms. It will be well worth the $5 to get in. You will have a absolutely fantastic time. If you don't, then you just don't have a fearful bone in your body...lol!!!
Selmer Jaycees

Lexington, TN

#12 Oct 15, 2010
can i help wrote:
im looking for a haunted house to work in and wanted to know if you could use some help?
Thank you so much for the offer, but as of right now, I believe that we have all our positions covered for what we are doing, but please come on out and go through our House as I am sure you will be very satisfied!!!
discount

Gadsden, TN

#13 Oct 16, 2010
who can i call about getting the discount and i will set up a night so my group can come out.
Selmer Jaycees

Southaven, MS

#15 Oct 18, 2010
Please give me your email address on here and I will be able to better help in getting you in contact with the right individuals to set up the discount and get the details ironed out. Thank you!!

Since: Sep 10

Olive Branch, MS

#16 Oct 20, 2010
I am looking forward to opening up Friday and having the people come through. But the group sizes will be about 5 people. I hope that everyone comes out to see the haunted house.
kim rearick

Beech Bluff, TN

#17 Oct 20, 2010
well i heard today that some people think i have been posting on here well, let me tell you something i dont hind behind my name.... i havent said anything wrong about the jaycees i worked my butt off right along with others for the chapter to stay together. so to the one and you know who you are think i hind behind a name you are just to funny!!! and for the one(s) feel different thank you! i have better things to do than post stuff on here about the jaycees , ive been following the school board deal, and my name is posted there where i had something to say!!!!!! i hope yall have a good turn out with the events you do. if i have anything to say it will be more than glad to tell you to your face..... happy halloween selmer jaycees!
bridget

Beech Bluff, TN

#18 Oct 21, 2010
i think its pretty funny the selmer jaycees, well SOME of them think my mom actaull wants to talk bad about yall. she has prolly put more work into that place than anyone i know, and im not just saying that cause shes my mother. my mother worked very hard to have to the jaycees to where they are today, instead of how they was years ago. everyone should know up ther that she surely does not have a problem saying what she feels to your face, and she has more IMPORTANAT things to do then sit here and talk about yall.. but i can promie you, my mother, KIM REARICK has never said ONE BAD thing abotut the jaycees, and WILL NEVER!
Selmer Jaycees

Southaven, MS

#19 Oct 24, 2010
Update to the Jaycees Haunted House. We opened Friday night with a bang!!! Thank you to everyone who came out to visit!! We hope you had a good time!! Last night, Saturday night, we had a great turn out as well!!! Thank you to all that came out last night too!!! Ladies and Gentlemen, we, the Selmer Jaycees, are here for YOU, the community!!! We want all of you to know this and be able to enjoy all the events and other things that we do for this community. While our Haunted house is going on right now, our next big event will be...The Selmer CHRISTMAS PARADE!!!! That's right!! We are the organization that brings you the parade every year!!! Our Chapter Presidents and members of past years have done well with being able to give the citizens of Selmer and McNairy County the Christmas Parade every year, and this year, we ask for your support as well!!! For now though, Please support us in coming to see the Haunted House we have put together for you!!! It will be open every night at 7pm and the last night will be Halloween!!! So, you have all week to come on out and see what is going on!!!!! Thank you once again for supporting your Selmer Jaycees!!!!
Selmer Jaycees

Southaven, MS

#20 Oct 27, 2010
The Selmer Jaycees want to give a big thanks for everyone who has come out and visited our Haunted House so far!!! We will be open every night until Sunday Night at midnight. We open at 7pm so everyone come on out and see us!!!!!
redhead

Beech Bluff, TN

#21 Oct 27, 2010
i went thru it i thought it was funny not scarey. alot of work was put in it,i will tell my friends

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McNairy County Deputy's (Feb '15) 6 hr Yep 107
Assessor of Property 6 hr Regan 84 11
secrets 9 hr NIP ITnTHE BUD Or... 7
Adam Clayton 11 hr Ugh 16
body found (Dec '15) 12 hr John Q Citizen 7
emma griswell...what do you know about her? 16 hr smh 3
Josh smith and Kelly claunch! 18 hr Get rid of this t... 3

Selmer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance