Jackson, TN

#45 Nov 5, 2012
Read July 28 post.
statesrightser

Ocean Springs, MS

#46 Nov 5, 2012
cgg wrote:
<quoted text>
Because sooner or later he would have screwed up and killed somebody else. And if he wasn't the sheriff he wouldn't be able to cover it up. Once a killer - always a killer.
So now we've moved on from malicious, axe-to-grind, slander and defamation to just plain crystal ball speculation without a shred of credibility. People tend to become killers when other people point a .38 in their face (or a .32 in the case of your cousin Hamilton), probably cussed his ass, and tried to end your life.
Pure stupidity.
ca96ms

Laurel, MS

#47 Nov 5, 2012
Comedy section is open again ?
Jerry Lawler

Jackson, TN

#48 Nov 23, 2012
statesrightser wrote:
<quoted text>
So now we've moved on from malicious, axe-to-grind, slander and defamation to just plain crystal ball speculation without a shred of credibility. People tend to become killers when other people point a .38 in their face (or a .32 in the case of your cousin Hamilton), probably cussed his ass, and tried to end your life.
Pure stupidity.
The man is dead and gone no one ones what really happened, So many Selmer C.S.I agents the man done good and bad things.
bystander

Memphis, TN

#49 Nov 23, 2012
Jerry how have you been since the heartattack???
statesrightser

Ocean Springs, MS

#50 Dec 20, 2012
Jerry Lawler wrote:
<quoted text> The man is dead and gone no one ones what really happened, So many Selmer C.S.I agents the man done good and bad things.
We do know what he did "Jerry." He was a three-term sheriff, duly elected by the folks of McNairy Co. Then he was constable for at least one term. He survived multiple violent encounters; one where he killed female rattler L. Hathcock (who needed killing), one where he killed viper Charles Hamilton after being ambushed, one where his wife was brutally murdered right in front of him by hired killers/friends of Louise.

To be a sheriff in a small county and keep getting reelected, he probably did a lot of nice stuff for a lot of folks, went to church, was out eating with his family, went to the county fair, worked hard most of the time, earned a bunch of law enforcement awards (not as many as Elam, though), helped little, old ladies across the busy streets of Selmer, went to sheriff's ass'n meetings, interacted with state police. troopers, TBI, FBI (to some small extent), politicked, told jokes with good old boys. Then, his story inspired a nation and even Hollywood took note of the courage being shown in little McNairy Co by folks that had had enough.

But then, the Hathcock clan and associates were up and running and hell was cooking. It was all their turf and there were no witnesses and everyone looked the other way. And they weren't used to being stopped or even checked. Pusser had other ideas and told Lou to keep her payoff: he had a boner for them all and wouldn't quit. The rest is history. He busted them by the bushel, over and over, went from zero deputies to 12, took sweet Lou down, stateline dried up, then the gutless buzzards murdered his wife and mother of his kids on a quiet morning on a lonely stretch of road. I trust those behind it are all in hell by now, though Kirksey Nix's rotten ass is still eatin' and sh!ttin' in IL.

So, the record is clear. But, some fella named Elam has a reason to make up stuff out of whole cloth to somehow help the feelings of Louise's and Jack's and W.O.'s relatives and descendants. Yep, kinda bizzare, unless he's one of 'em (at least in spirit).

So, ya see Jerry, we know a lot about Buford.
lil tim

Dallas, TX

#51 Dec 20, 2012
buford was my hero.
John 85

Duluth, GA

#52 Dec 21, 2012
During pussers election he drugged his opponent and he ran off the road and was killed. My uncle. He was for sure crooked
jhawk

Danielson, CT

#53 May 15, 2013
citizenx. you couldnt b half the man buford was
he pushed out the lowlifes in mcnairy . we need more men like buford in lawenforcement up north.[
Justin

Memphis, TN

#54 May 22, 2013
John 85 wrote:
During pussers election he drugged his opponent and he ran off the road and was killed. My uncle. He was for sure crooked
John 85 was you in the courthouse with the Sheriff during the bus tour?If so nice to see you on here telling some FACTS for once.Thanks
Nick

Camden, AL

#55 Jun 10, 2013
commonwhitetrash wrote:
<quoted text>
if pusser was so great at cleaning up the county back then how come we have all of this trash today? Like Meth and other dope just about on every street and probably in some of the business on the county? How about that, oh let me guess he would have cleaned it up of he was still around he's not superman you know.
How can you bring up problems that McNairy has today. Buford passed away long ago?
Ronald

Jackson, TN

#56 Jun 10, 2013
Buford was so crooked he had to have a crooked grave for the casket. I know some more people that gonna use that same casket maker.
Copperhead

Cleveland, TN

#57 Sep 5, 2014
mikeelam wrote:
<quoted text>And even with this, Pusser was still crooked!
Mike how much money did Buford Pusser take from you, Who can produce evidence permissible in court that he was paid off? Who can you get legitimate proof from besides the crooked truth you get from the off springs that created the corruption in McNairy County? You need to tell aunt Lou no one believes you, your a fraud like she was.
Copperhead

Cleveland, TN

#58 Sep 5, 2014
statesrightser wrote:
<quoted text>
For what? He lived four years after he left the S.O. They had plenty of time to get him then. Heck, he'd been sheriff since 1964. Ten years later, at the time of well attended funeral, not one charge brought by anyone, county, state or feds. You know, they were prepared to ring old Sheriff Dickey up before his untimely death; why not his successor? Maybe because he was clean and was kicking ass and taking names like he was hired to do.
A lot of people who did not live during the time have no clue what it was like. Pusser, Kirkpatrick, and a few other sheriffs in McNairy had their hands full/ little pay no help. Pusser live a modest life, he was investigate for allegations, his bank account, was modest. TBI, ABC, and the FBI were all over McNairy and Alcorn counties, lots of undercover agents. Pusser would have been busted in the 10yr time. Pusser's income tax is public information, IRS kept close watch on all the local sheriffs just to make sure they were not taking bribes and payoffs. Pusser was still paying on his wife's funeral, medical bills, and paying for a car he wrecked. He took the movie offer because it allowed him the money to pay of debts, this is not a man on the take, but had been taken.
Copperhead

Cleveland, TN

#59 Sep 5, 2014
Road Runner wrote:
<quoted text>
Pusser should have been sent to prison for Hathcock's murder, Pauline's murder and Hamilton's murder. I am sure there are others. Yes, you can add in the moonshine operations, gun sales, bribes, car scams, conterfeit money deals. But, the McNairy County political machine was making money. Investigations were handled by TBI, but the cases were turned over to Will Terry. Money was being made and Pauline know the whole operation.
Stupid is as Stupid does, you must be a offspring of the stupid state line Club,,,, You got it all figured out just like they did....
Copperhead

Cleveland, TN

#61 Sep 5, 2014
John 85 wrote:
LOL RIGHT
limey

London, UK

#62 Sep 6, 2014
Cheerio, pip pip and all that!! WHO GIVES A $H!T!!!! You bunch of idiots
Dar Bry

Barnwell, SC

#63 Sep 7, 2014
Pusser was a great man and handled corruption as it needed to be handled. We need more law enforcement officers like him. Guess if you are not a criminal then you have no worries!
God bless Buford Pusser forever.
mikeelam2010

United States

#64 Sep 7, 2014
Dar Bry wrote:
Pusser was a great man and handled corruption as it needed to be handled. We need more law enforcement officers like him. Guess if you are not a criminal then you have no worries!
God bless Buford Pusser forever.
Some of you need to do a lot of research if you think Pusser was one of the good guys.

Mike

Since: Sep 14

Location hidden

#65 Sep 7, 2014
Pusser is just part of a big story. I like to look at the characters and know who they were, what made them act the way they did. What made them commit the crimes they did. Greed, jealousy, power, or just a sociopath,,, I want to look into their life and explore the paths it takes, Mike Elam on the other hand, was pro Pusser than pro Aunt Louise, Seriously, Who cares, BP did what he did under a litany of crime, that he stepped into,he did not cause it, as Mike makes it sound. The state line people who were immerse in criminal activities got what they gave.There are so many more involved, so much misinformation, truth and speculation, that it is what makes it so intriguing digging into the story, but sides, I think to take side causes you to lose the authenticity of looking at documented information and understanding how it connects to the next part of the puzzle.I love to hear the people who were there tell their story, with that said, hearsay is not the same as a proven documentation of a investigation at the time the event took place, There is more to the story to learn>
Chief Art Murphy Corinth MS-- Killed by Jerry McDaniel---- What murder took place in June 1975 in Corinth, MS that is linked to this "Self-Defense Murder". Who can put the names in the places of Dawna Pusser's book? more searching,,, not for the death of BP, but who are the players in the document she has?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
house fire 9 hr sweetone77 1
does anyone know who dropped off 5 puppies on B... (Oct '11) 14 hr Free dog 11
New Madrid fault 16 hr Quake 7
Lisa baxter.....anybody know her? Sat ajc 1
Bobcat football Fri hotwheels 23
mary samarrippas (Dec '14) Fri jeezup 7
B-12 lipo shot Fri Info 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Selmer Mortgages