Buford Pusser was crooked

Posted in the Selmer Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
citizenX

Prairie Village, KS

#1 Apr 22, 2012
So sick of hearing how great Buford pusser was! He was crooked and was a bully!
worthlessgod

Lexington, TN

#2 Apr 22, 2012
Of course he was. This Pusser worshiping has to end.
citizenX

Oakland, TN

#6 Apr 22, 2012
He only shut the stills down that weren't making him money! The ones that agreed to give him a percentage of their profit...he protected. Keep telling half the story...
citizenX

Oakland, TN

#7 Apr 22, 2012
And PS...the legend isn't still "walking tall".....he's dead and gone.
commonwhitetrash

Herndon, VA

#8 Apr 22, 2012
ca96ms wrote:
Pusser stated that he felt like most of the people were behind him and that during his first term he was closing one to two stills a week and now it was just about one a month. Pusser went on to state that he felt there was organized crime in McNairy County and there were rumors that there had been a price put on his head. When asked how he could go on with all of the threats against his life, Pusser said, "I just don’t like to quit. When they get you down, they’ll keep you down. I just want to stand up and fight."

The Legend is Still Walking Tall!!!!!
if pusser was so great at cleaning up the county back then how come we have all of this trash today? Like Meth and other dope just about on every street and probably in some of the business on the county? How about that, oh let me guess he would have cleaned it up of he was still around he's not superman you know.
NancyWhit

Jackson, TN

#9 Apr 28, 2012
Mr.Ca96ms where may i get in contact with you?
Walker

Jackson, TN

#10 Apr 28, 2012
Nancy,that ca96ms is some crazy nut that don't know a thing about Buford Pusser. He is picking what other people on the web are saying,,otherword he just wants to be a troll. He cannot tell the truth in two different sentences. He does know the movie really great and he wants to talk more about what happend in the movie,which we now know did not happen in real life.All this Walking Tall came from a Eddie Bond song he made up. I don't know why he wants to make Selmer,Adamsville look so bad.
xyz

Lexington, TN

#11 May 1, 2012
???
Suzy

Millington, TN

#12 May 1, 2012
My Daughter will be in the Beauty Revue. You'll come. Last year Ms Walking Tall made the top 10 in the state.
jesse

United States

#14 Jun 1, 2012
Pusser was as crooked as snake when it slithers. He only busted the stills that wouldnt pay him off. He was nothing more than a crime boss. You know the ole saying, live by the sword, die by the sword. The movie was the worst case of fabrication in hollywood history, and thats saying alot!
barny boy

Bryson City, NC

#15 Jun 1, 2012
renee moss is one big fat toad
mikeelam

Harrison, AR

#16 Jun 4, 2012
ca96ms wrote:
Pusser promised to "clean up McNairy County". Pusser served and was re-elected for three consecutive terms in office from 1964-1970. This was the term limit according to Tennessee law.
Pusser’s war against crime bore a high price tag. Pusser’s six years in office led to many acts of violence, often targeting the sheriff who was hospitalized on several occasions. Two people were killed in the line of duty. This type of combat with the outlaws left its battle scars on Pusser.
And even with this, Pusser was still crooked!
ca96ms

Bay Springs, MS

#17 Jun 25, 2012
I see Elam is even playing his little games about Pusser here also. So many aka's.
Paul

United States

#18 Jun 25, 2012
who="NancyWhit"]Mr.C a96ms where may i get in contact with you?[/

You cannot Mr.ca96ms is not as proud as they claim to be.
statesrightser

Joplin, MO

#19 Jun 27, 2012
mikeelam wrote:
<quoted text>And even with this, Pusser was still crooked!
That's right, don't let facts disturb your demented conclusion. A life time of futility is a lot to face.
Fire

Jackson, MS

#20 Jun 28, 2012
If Pusser was still alive he would be in prison.
Boofer

United States

#21 Jun 29, 2012
Exactly
Boofer

United States

#22 Jun 29, 2012
Fire wrote:
ca96ms must watch those wt movies every evening on his DVD player in his sleeper. ca, you should get the satellite for the truck you drive and start watching other things that are closer to being true. Keep your weight in check too because the DOT regs are tougher on outta shape "former LEO's" now. If you don't, you will fail your physical and be out of work. Good luck to you.
Justin

Southaven, MS

#23 Jun 29, 2012
Boofer wrote:
<quoted text>
ca96ms must watch those wt movies every evening on his DVD player in his sleeper. ca, you should get the satellite for the truck you drive and start watching other things that are closer to being true. Keep your weight in check too because the DOT regs are tougher on outta shape "former LEO's" now. If you don't, you will fail your physical and be out of work. Good luck to you.
Hahahahahaaha
statesrightser

Joplin, MO

#24 Jul 3, 2012
Fire wrote:
For what? He lived four years after he left the S.O. They had plenty of time to get him then. Heck, he'd been sheriff since 1964. Ten years later, at the time of well attended funeral, not one charge brought by anyone, county, state or feds. You know, they were prepared to ring old Sheriff Dickey up before his untimely death; why not his successor? Maybe because he was clean and was kicking ass and taking names like he was hired to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wedding venues 7 min Tiffany 8
U made it worse 8 min ChopperBlades 3
countycowards 4 hr hmmm 6
Fine as tattoo girl 15 hr new customer 4
Jennifer Price 15 hr huh 11
Prettiest woman in Selmer 15 hr Alabama 11
selmer country club 16 hr ninehole 9

Selmer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance