open carry of firearms

Posted in the Selmer Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
proud gun owner

Jackson, TN

#1 Mar 16, 2012
What's yalls take on open carry of a firearm with a tn handgun carry permit.
FreeAmerica

Jackson, TN

#2 Mar 16, 2012
Only illegal workers may carry a handgun to keep someone that is legal from taking their job or benfits. Yes Americans with permits should,,and really any American that has a clean record should be able to carry a handgun visible without a permit.
mr shooter

Jackson, TN

#3 Mar 16, 2012
I agree some people will give you a funny look if they see an open firearm on your side tho.
adam

United States

#4 Mar 16, 2012
FreeAmerica wrote:
Only illegal workers may carry a handgun to keep someone that is legal from taking their job or benfits. Yes Americans with permits should,,and really any American that has a clean record should be able to carry a handgun visible without a permit.
I agree, but the police lobbist will fight it with all they got. We have lost so many freedoms because of the police lobbyist in dc.
brokedown

Lexington, TN

#5 Mar 16, 2012
mr shooter wrote:
I agree some people will give you a funny look if they see an open firearm on your side tho.
They look at you funny because there is no need to show off by wearing it in Subway.
military sharp shooter

Washington, DC

#6 Mar 16, 2012
Support the right to bare arms. It's your right and privilege! I carry 24/7.
mr shooter

Jackson, TN

#7 Mar 16, 2012
brokedown wrote:
<quoted text>
They look at you funny because there is no need to show off by wearing it in Subway.
what you think subway can't get robed that's the whole point of wearing a gun it don't do you any good in your car or truck look what happend a sav a lot in Henderson a few year ago.
guncarrier

Lexington, TN

#8 Mar 16, 2012
brokedown wrote:
<quoted text>They look at you funny because there is no need to show off by wearing it in Subway.
It's not showing off. There may come a day when you will be thanking a person for carrying a gun on their side in subway. I also carry 24/7. We were taught that you wear your firearm everywhere that allows you too. Otherwise what's the point of having a permit. Like stated previously, you can't protect yourself or someone else if your pistol is in your car.
proud gun owner

Jackson, TN

#9 Mar 16, 2012
I guess what I wonna know is how do some citizens feel that don't have a permit to carry feel about the citizens that carry open.
guncarrier

Lexington, TN

#10 Mar 16, 2012
proud gun owner wrote:
I guess what I wonna know is how do some citizens feel that don't have a permit to carry feel about the citizens that carry open.
I try to keep mine concealed as much as possible. I know before I got my permit I looked at people who carried as privileged. It is a privilege and honor to be able to carry a gun in this country. I use to wonder if they were undercover cops or FBI or something lol
FreeAmerica

Jackson, TN

#11 Mar 16, 2012
It is a privilege and honor to be able to carry a gun in this country.

It is not a privilege,,,it is a right as in Constutional Right. To drive a car on a hwy is a privilege. The Constitution with Bill of Rights are to protect you from the govement.
guncarrier

Lexington, TN

#12 Mar 17, 2012
FreeAmerica wrote:
It is a privilege and honor to be able to carry a gun in this country.

It is not a privilege,,,it is a right as in Constutional Right. To drive a car on a hwy is a privilege. The Constitution with Bill of Rights are to protect you from the govement.
Can't argue there.
brokedown

Lexington, TN

#13 Mar 17, 2012
guncarrier wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not showing off. There may come a day when you will be thanking a person for carrying a gun on their side in subway. I also carry 24/7. We were taught that you wear your firearm everywhere that allows you too. Otherwise what's the point of having a permit. Like stated previously, you can't protect yourself or someone else if your pistol is in your car.
So, it's ok to just fire shots at a robber with a store full of women and kids?
brokedown

Lexington, TN

#14 Mar 17, 2012
proud gun owner wrote:
I guess what I wonna know is how do some citizens feel that don't have a permit to carry feel about the citizens that carry open.
I grew up here, had my first gun at 12. I hunt just like every adult male in the south. I am familiar with guns, they don't scare me. I had a permit once, let it lapse.

But the people who open carry in public areas do scare me.

If someone runs into WalMart and robs the cashier I don't want an idiot firing shots around me or my family. I have no problem with someone using it to defend their own life. But really, are you going to shoot at someone who runs into Jim's and grabs your wallet as you stand in line?
brokedown

Lexington, TN

#15 Mar 17, 2012
guncarrier wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not showing off. There may come a day when you will be thanking a person for carrying a gun on their side in subway. I also carry 24/7. We were taught that you wear your firearm everywhere that allows you too. Otherwise what's the point of having a permit. Like stated previously, you can't protect yourself or someone else if your pistol is in your car.
You "were taught"? Why not think for yourself instead of following others?
guncarrier

Lexington, TN

#16 Mar 17, 2012
brokedown wrote:
<quoted text>So, it's ok to just fire shots at a robber with a store full of women and kids?
Absolutely not. I personally wouldn't fire a shot unless my life was in danger and knew that my bullet would do no damage to anything but the person I was aiming for. That is were training and knowing how your weapon fires comes into play.
TennesseeUSA

Jackson, TN

#17 Mar 17, 2012
If someone runs into WalMart and robs the cashier I don't want an idiot firing shots around me or my family. I have no problem with someone using it to defend their own life. But really, are you going to shoot at someone who runs into Jim's and grabs your wallet as you stand in line?

So Brokedown you believe the person that had good sense along with proper knowledge to use a fiream is the person running in and robbing walmart or jims?
brokedown

Lexington, TN

#18 Mar 17, 2012
guncarrier wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not. I personally wouldn't fire a shot unless my life was in danger and knew that my bullet would do no damage to anything but the person I was aiming for. That is were training and knowing how your weapon fires comes into play.
See, we do agree. I have no problem with this. I would do the same.
brokedown

Lexington, TN

#19 Mar 17, 2012
TennesseeUSA wrote:
If someone runs into WalMart and robs the cashier I don't want an idiot firing shots around me or my family. I have no problem with someone using it to defend their own life. But really, are you going to shoot at someone who runs into Jim's and grabs your wallet as you stand in line?
So Brokedown you believe the person that had good sense along with proper knowledge to use a fiream is the person running in and robbing walmart or jims?
I'm sorry, can you rephrase? I don;t understand your question.
USA

Savannah, TN

#20 Mar 17, 2012
brokedown wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, can you rephrase? I don;t understand your question.
No,,,you dont need a gun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who would make a good police chief? (Feb '12) 1 hr WOW! 57
bret blodgett and amber pipkins 10 hr hahaha 4
Michael Chandler (Jul '14) 11 hr Mad dad 7
Name a Police Officer or Sheriff Deputy that do... (Sep '10) 11 hr watching you 133
Derrick robinson (dee) 11 hr truth teller 2
The Junction 15 hr Wondering 1
Poisoning Dogs 16 hr I agree 33

Freeze Watch for McNairy County was issued at March 28 at 3:18AM CDT

Selmer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Selmer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]