United States

#2 May 14, 2012
mfkvc l wrote:
this town needs to burn to the ground
Or bulldozed
yep

Olive Branch, MS

#3 May 14, 2012
What is there to bulldoze? A bunch of.empty buildings? Be a waste of a good bulldozer.
mfkvc l

Oakland, TN

#4 May 15, 2012
anything would work this town is a wasteland
proud resident

United States

#5 May 15, 2012
Its funny that you complain about this town yet you continue to live in it (except for ex resident). I also would think it's safe to assume that you don't try to help the community? Never attend the festivals or celebrations (such as rockabilly, fall hog, or main st. Music fest) there is actually a lot that this town has to offer...a rich history, genuine citizens, peace and quiet. While its true that our town doesn't have a bowling alley, skating rink, or even a taco bell, we actually have a lovely town compared to most. I'll give u a piece of advice that has helped me in many situations..."If you're going to complain about something, then make the effort to change it. If it's nothing you have control over, then quit complaining and start praying" you have control over the future of our town...if u want to see a change made then be the person to make the effort... After all, no great city was built by its residents laying around and complaining.
yep

Olive Branch, MS

#6 May 15, 2012
None of those events mentioned bring in any industry or employment. Yes selmer is quiet. But quiet to the point of being dead. Now, the only way to effect change is to get rid of the old heads who want this place to be dead. How will our children gain employment here if there is nowhere to get a job except a burger joint or Walmart. $8 a hour is not enough to sustain a person now.
OldTimer

Henry, TN

#7 May 16, 2012
Resident I have to agree with you on most of your opiion. and some with yep.
All this Rock A Billy for the main effect is helping Jackson Tn. WE advertise RockaBilly with our pretty paintings encourging people to drive to Jackson to visit Hall of Fame. All places have a history,it appears Selmer Leaders only wants to support history that reflects their family.

I agree nothing will be changed laying around. Go to City Hall and wear their ass out with your complaint or ideal. Yes you have a couple at City Hall that will ridicue you,misdirect you, and plain old just lie to you. Actually a movie could be made from tatics that are used at City Hall.

I agree our next generation needs jobs that have a decent pay. The first step.. If they are in elected office now,Vote their Azz out. OUT. That way you may change some that have been annoited.
OldTimer

Henry, TN

#8 May 16, 2012
BTW.. Proud Resident, I think it is pretty lame to say to a person if you don't like it than move. I would never second guess why a person is living in Selmer.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#9 May 16, 2012
I wish some one would tell me where in the hell Selmer gets this Rock A Billy Music crap...Ive never known but 2 people in McNairy County that had anything what so ever to do with Rock A Billy Music and they both havent lived here since they got out of school...I mean really, this is the silliest thing I ever saw...Ive never known of a well known Artist even playing here...They claim Perkins played at Bethel High School..and that makes Selmer want to pretend it has contributed to Rock A Billy Music?...Elvis used to come to the state line, Bill Black, Charlie Rich, Jerry Lee, and Haunted House,Gene Simmons used to play at the state line but hell with as much bad publicity as Pusser gave the state line, I wouldnt think Selmer would want to push that too much.....Well really its just like ever thing else in McNairy County since Pusser, you just cant shake the damage he did to the image of the county...Im sure even today if a company was looking at this county to try to put a plant in, the first thing that would come up is where Buford Pusser was sheriff and I dont believe people who only saw a bulls shit movie would want their kids and family living in a place like the stupid book and movie tried to make McNairy County appear...And ever year Adamsville keeps on trying to keep the big myth alive with the Pusser Festival...A few trying to milk every penny they can at the expense of all the citizens of the county... Most of us know the real truth..
Really

Memphis, TN

#10 May 16, 2012
Just curious, to all the Selmer haters what exactly would you do to make it better? Now don't say bring in industry, movie theaters, bowling alley, etc. Tell me exactly step by step what you would would do to accomplish this.
Voter

Covington, TN

#11 May 16, 2012
Really,since you do not want industry,theater,bowling alley. I guess lower the taxes for more Churches,Clean up downtown so it may attract several cafe,Really promote Walking Tall,Mary Winkler,Rock A Billie. Maybe place a Coke machine at the Civil War sign b y the railroad track.

But Really,would Industry (Jobs) Bowling Alley or something for pleasure,,would that not be the agenda?

But First it all goes back to the Leadership (which should be replaced first)
Instead of Grants for more Fire,Park I would be seeking grants to extend Selmer,as looking for places to annex. Explain a growth cycle for the city of selmer to the (Citizens) of Selmer asking for their help as tax increase to support the rebuilding plan. Maybe the New Selmer will be on the bypass???? Selmer has to be made more attractive than just Downtown.

Have alderman from each dist of selmer instead of at large where a single group with many members may control Selmer.

Your ideals.
Citizen

United States

#12 May 16, 2012
Really wrote:
Just curious, to all the Selmer haters what exactly would you do to make it better? Now don't say bring in industry, movie theaters, bowling alley, etc. Tell me exactly step by step what you would would do to accomplish this.
What would I do first genius? First of all, I would try to get everyone to vote the trash that is running the place out and get people voted in that know how to give tax incentives and concessions to businesses that want to move there that pay a living wage for the residents. Then, I would go to Nashville and try to get state help with going to the parking lots, county buildings and the filthy food joints there where the scum there are dealing and I'd try to eradicate the enormous drug infestation there. Yes I would give breaks to people wanting to open businesses that are child oriented so they'd have things to do. I'd make it a fun place for people to live. I'd try to get a university to have a satellite campus to educate people there. You have some smart people there if given the chance, but they're not. Buford Pusser, rockabilly? All that wouldn't be the only attractions there. For adults? Liqour would become legal and bring tax revenue to the county. Why not? Most there support the illegal drug trade. You can tax liquor. And for the churches, Jesus didn't turn the water into buttermilk. And your stupid ass leaders call that a retirement community? The kind of retorted you have there never made above minimum wage when they were working! They started with nothing and still have half of it left! And most probably are convicted felons who can't vote and that's why you have that shit you do running your county! You could have a traffic jam in the town on Friday afternoon after people get paid and you still couldn't come up with a 10 dollar bill between them all put together. You need industry there to give people hope and a more prosperous life. I lived there for 3 years and left in 2010. Don't worry, I'm not coming back. For all the good, hard- working people there, God Bless You
Barney

Jackson, TN

#13 May 16, 2012
Voter wrote:
Really,since you do not want industry,theater,bowling alley. I guess lower the taxes for more Churches,Clean up downtown so it may attract several cafe,Really promote Walking Tall,Mary Winkler,Rock A Billie. Maybe place a Coke machine at the Civil War sign b y the railroad track.
But Really,would Industry (Jobs) Bowling Alley or something for pleasure,,would that not be the agenda?
But First it all goes back to the Leadership (which should be replaced first)
Instead of Grants for more Fire,Park I would be seeking grants to extend Selmer,as looking for places to annex. Explain a growth cycle for the city of selmer to the (Citizens) of Selmer asking for their help as tax increase to support the rebuilding plan. Maybe the New Selmer will be on the bypass???? Selmer has to be made more attractive than just Downtown.
Have alderman from each dist of selmer instead of at large where a single group with many members may control Selmer.
Your ideals.
Selmer could annex Bethel Springs. That woukd make alot of folks happy. Get rid of the clowns at Bethel City Hall. Just food for thought.
Really

Memphis, TN

#14 May 16, 2012
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
What would I do first genius? First of all, I would try to get everyone to vote the trash that is running the place out and get people voted in that know how to give tax incentives and concessions to businesses that want to move there that pay a living wage for the residents. Then, I would go to Nashville and try to get state help with going to the parking lots, county buildings and the filthy food joints there where the scum there are dealing and I'd try to eradicate the enormous drug infestation there. Yes I would give breaks to people wanting to open businesses that are child oriented so they'd have things to do. I'd make it a fun place for people to live. I'd try to get a university to have a satellite campus to educate people there. You have some smart people there if given the chance, but they're not. Buford Pusser, rockabilly? All that wouldn't be the only attractions there. For adults? Liqour would become legal and bring tax revenue to the county. Why not? Most there support the illegal drug trade. You can tax liquor. And for the churches, Jesus didn't turn the water into buttermilk. And your stupid ass leaders call that a retirement community? The kind of retorted you have there never made above minimum wage when they were working! They started with nothing and still have half of it left! And most probably are convicted felons who can't vote and that's why you have that shit you do running your county! You could have a traffic jam in the town on Friday afternoon after people get paid and you still couldn't come up with a 10 dollar bill between them all put together. You need industry there to give people hope and a more prosperous life. I lived there for 3 years and left in 2010. Don't worry, I'm not coming back. For all the good, hard- working people there, God Bless You
Pretty easy to tell by your vocabulary why you only make minimum wage. By the way there is a satellite campus here. Also, I own a business and have made a six figure plus income for the last 15 years here in Selmer. I have three employees and they all make much more than minimum wage, plus health insurance plus 401k etc., I will agree with you on one thing, Selmer does have alot of things we could do better. It sure doesn't sound like you could be the person to make those improvements though. Good luck to you wherever you are now but better luck to those around you.
Tom

Covington, TN

#15 May 16, 2012
Now Really that we know of your accomplishments,are you happy with Selmer,,give us your ideal.. u may check my spelling also. OHHH,,are you GED,High School,Degree?
Annie

Covington, TN

#16 May 16, 2012
I Like Corinth Ms. I like Jackson TN. Those towns are not so large,have a great income base,have many things for many to do, Jackson has Baseball,Corinth does not, YMCA, Corinth higher education i believe is a bit below standard but they have Northeast,Blue Mt,in their back yard. Why can't Selmer line up a bit with those two? Their Industry is great people make a great income,so good our citizens search work with them. Look at Spring Hill TN just years ago what was it? nothing,look what one factory did, created a whole new self supporting town.
What has kept Selmer in the Slums? is it Politics? Are we just stupid people?
Truth

Henning, TN

#19 May 16, 2012
C/Justice,,I have to agree with you. Here is where i disagree with you. It is what they think they have that sits the tone..you get enough thinking like that, well you have a 9 hole watering club that as you speak want to keep it that way.
Citizen

United States

#20 May 16, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty easy to tell by your vocabulary why you only make minimum wage. By the way there is a satellite campus here. Also, I own a business and have made a six figure plus income for the last 15 years here in Selmer. I have three employees and they all make much more than minimum wage, plus health insurance plus 401k etc., I will agree with you on one thing, Selmer does have alot of things we could do better. It sure doesn't sound like you could be the person to make those improvements though. Good luck to you wherever you are now but better luck to those around you.
Vocabulary? Lol! 6 figures? Sure you do. Your face will be on the front page of the independent appeal for a major drug bust then. 6 figures and u have time to be on topic with all us have nots? U idiot
Citizen

United States

#21 May 16, 2012
Tom wrote:
Now Really that we know of your accomplishments,are you happy with Selmer,,give us your ideal.. u may check my spelling also. OHHH,,are you GED,High School,Degree?
Hello Tom, be careful what u say to this scholar, he makes 6 figures but he's on topix!
mfkvc l

Oakland, TN

#22 May 16, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty easy to tell by your vocabulary why you only make minimum wage. By the way there is a satellite campus here. Also, I own a business and have made a six figure plus income for the last 15 years here in Selmer. I have three employees and they all make much more than minimum wage, plus health insurance plus 401k etc., I will agree with you on one thing, Selmer does have alot of things we could do better. It sure doesn't sound like you could be the person to make those improvements though. Good luck to you wherever you are now but better luck to those around you.

another two faced person

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alone on Christmas 2 hr Mom 6
suburban propane. price gouging. 2 hr the truth 3
restaurants open tonight 3 hr sam 4
casey wilson 9 hr Yup 3
Ember Boswell--Who's the daddy? 20 hr daryl 6
Tristian Croom 23 hr real talk 18
Who are the most beautiful women in Selmer in t... (Oct '10) Tue Yuck 82
Selmer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web