ByPass

Henning, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Now "confused" please answer the question rationally: Just what kind of example does she set for people when a resident asks her a question and her response is to fire back at them, try to have them thrown out of the meeting and then, calling them an idiot?

Please just give one example of your question.
Get off the pity train

Decaturville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

ByPass wrote:
Now "confused" please answer the question rationally: Just what kind of example does she set for people when a resident asks her a question and her response is to fire back at them, try to have them thrown out of the meeting and then, calling them an idiot?
Please just give one example of your question.
I did not ask you the question "ByPass", I replied to "confused" comments. You have already proven that you have a problem with reading comprehension skills from all your past comments. The "example of my question" is typed plain and simple and easy to comprehend but since you have stuck your nose in it, how about Sherry Smith and Misty Wade. Sherry had a simple question about the wording of a section of the charter and Kay reacted by asking Brad Huckabee to throw her out of the meeting. Sherry was not disorderly at all. Misty's question about only employing people who live within the city limits of Bethel could have been answered with something like "it is not feasible" and not a requirement to do so. Instead, she called her ignorant and an idiot. If you do not believe this is true, I will refer you to the Independent Appeals facebook page where they are currently editing the video of Bethel's last meeting of the board and will post the video on their website. They will not edit out Kay's behavior. Again, she puts herself in the position of having her irrational and emotionally charged behavior posted on the internet for all to see. What we SHOULD see in the paper is what we see written about the other meetings (Guys, Selmer, Milledgeville, etc) which is what took place in the meetings and not highlighted bad behavior like what Bethel gets. Again......SHE SHOULD SET AN EXAMPLE of proper behavior in a public meeting and not BE AN EXAMPLE of bad behavior in public meeting. It's amazing how all of the Bethel board meetings make the headlines as being out of control and full of anger and dismay. No one can fix this except Bethel's leadership. Now if you care to comment, feel free. I am still waiting for a response from "confused". Not you ByPass.
Scoop

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Good job post above. tell these people how Mayor does her job because they have never been to meeting. If they had they would not be asking stupid questions or trying to defend her. Everyone said Smith was awful mayor, think they are twins. Hadn,t heared 1 good thing Coxs has done yet, been almost 2 years.
Truth and Justice

Decaturville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

I was at the last board meeting when alderman John Woods made the motion to bring back Chief Sowell which was voted on a won with a 3-2 vote. There were no conditions attached to alderman Woods motion. The conditions of the Chief having to work nights came the vote, which is not legal. If you do not think them two lawyers sitting up there are not aware of the original motion not having conditions attached to it, then you are crazy. When the minutes of the next meeting of the board and the motion to approve last months minutes are read and made, someone needs to challenge it. Otherwise, their minutes are altered because that is NOT what happened. It is all on video. Bethel digs their own holes and they just keep on getting deeper and deeper.
Scoop

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Are you saying that the work night thing came after he was already hired? If that be true you are right.Then they was no vote to make him work nights.Are you a attorney? just wondering. I don,t know anything about the legal terms & don,t sound like they do either. If they read this you just gave them heads up on it.Did Sowell have the 2 lawyers or was they just there?
Truth and Justice

Decaturville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Scoop wrote:
Are you saying that the work night thing came after he was already hired? If that be true you are right.Then they was no vote to make him work nights.Are you a attorney? just wondering. I don,t know anything about the legal terms & don,t sound like they do either. If they read this you just gave them heads up on it.Did Sowell have the 2 lawyers or was they just there?
Yes that is exactly what I am saying. Never did John Woods ever mention working nights. His motion was to bring the chief back to the position he already had. That motion was voted on and approved 3-2. The conditions of the Chief working nights was brought up by Lou Perrigo AFTER the vote had already passed. I could be an attorney or I could be just a sharp individual who pays attention. Let them falsify the records when they make the motion next month to approve the minutes from the last meeting stating John Woods made the motion to bring him back only if he was willing to work nights. That did not happen. If they approve the minutes of the last board meeting as such, then they are falsifying the true minutes. All a lawyer has to do is get the video of the entire meeting from the Independent Appeal. The video tells the real truth. Two lawyers, both holding fully loaded double barrel shotguns and Bethel is playing right into their hands.
Get off the pity train

Decaturville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

LOL, looks like I do not need to say anything else. Good post by Truth and Justice.
Get off the pity train

Decaturville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

However, I am still waiting on a response from "confused"..........
AcrosstheTracks

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

So now what ever the city wants Mr.Sowell to do it will have to be discussed at board meeting,passed by board? Now the board has to pass a motion when Mr.Sowell goes to bathroom? Later on down the road the board has to pass another motion for Mr.Sowell to patrol Parkway?
Myself i would think not, What if the mayor wanted Mr.Sowell to work on a Sunday,would that have to be approved by a motion??

I believe Mr.Sowell will work as Mayor Cox tells him to work.(day or night). Mrs.Cox is the Mayor,Mr.Sowell takes orders from the Mayor.
Scoop

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Wrong & you are not from acrossthe Tracts. You don,t know legal terms either. According to above a motion was made to bring him back full time same position. I don,t care if you get it right or not won,t be me in trouble so go ahead with your stupid remarks. We will see where you are right or wrong. I believe the board will have a say in what he does. The mayor voted to fire him, didn,t happen. Hey ideal why don,t you read the charter. I heared you people at city hall, no mayor said didn,t have to have police dept. I am not telling you aything else. Go ahead & act crazy. Not learning from me. It is in the charter.
AcrosstheTracks

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Wrong,,You are correct Bethel did not change the charter. Mayor Cox can send him home again,if you think the board is gonna let police dept run bethel you are very wrong? Same Position,,what is same position?
AcrosstheTracks

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

SECTION 8. Mayor as presiding officer.
The Mayor shall preside at meetings of the board. The Mayor shall
have a vote on all matters before the board, but shall not have a second
vote in case of a tie. The Mayor shall be recognized as the ceremonial
head of the town. The Mayor shall be the officer to accept process against
the town, and shall perform other duties imposed by this Charter and by
ordinances not inconsistent with this Charter.
SECTION 9.
AcrosstheTracks

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

SECTION 14. Administrative duties of Mayor.
The Mayor shall be the chief executive officer of the town.
The Mayor:
(1) Shall have access to all of the books, records,
offices and papers of every kind pertaining to the town's
business.
(2) Shall present in writing or verbally to the
board, the Mayor's recommendations on the needs of the
town.
(3) May make temporary appointments to the
offices of Recorder, attorney, judge or employee positions
authorized in the budget in cases of sickness, absence or
other temporary disability. The Mayor shall have
temporary authority to appoint, promote, transfer, demote,
suspend and remove employees and may delegate such
authority as the Mayor deems advisable. Temporary
appointments shall be effective until such time as they are
confirmed or rejected by the board.
(4) Shall make appointments to boards and
commissions as authorized by law.
C-13
(5) Shall take all proper measures for the
preservation of public order and preservation of the peace
and may call upon the governor for aid.
(6) Shall sign all checks and drafts drawn upon
the treasury by the Recorder.
(7) Shall sign all contracts authorized by the board
to which the town is a party.
SECTION 15.
Dang

Decaturville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

AcrosstheTracks wrote:
SECTION 14. Administrative duties of Mayor.
The Mayor shall be the chief executive officer of the town.
The Mayor:
(1) Shall have access to all of the books, records,
offices and papers of every kind pertaining to the town's
business.
(2) Shall present in writing or verbally to the
board, the Mayor's recommendations on the needs of the
town.
(3) May make temporary appointments to the
offices of Recorder, attorney, judge or employee positions
authorized in the budget in cases of sickness, absence or
other temporary disability. The Mayor shall have
temporary authority to appoint, promote, transfer, demote,
suspend and remove employees and may delegate such
authority as the Mayor deems advisable. Temporary
appointments shall be effective until such time as they are
confirmed or rejected by the board.
(4) Shall make appointments to boards and
commissions as authorized by law.
C-13
(5) Shall take all proper measures for the
preservation of public order and preservation of the peace
and may call upon the governor for aid.
(6) Shall sign all checks and drafts drawn upon
the treasury by the Recorder.
(7) Shall sign all contracts authorized by the board
to which the town is a party.
SECTION 15.
You are right and all of the above fall under the executive authority of the mayor. Absolutely none of the above falls under the police department duties and obligations and I can't remember any police officer or Chief EVER doing any of these. Get off of here AcrosstheTracks. You obviously have a copy of the charter so you can cut and paste. Well let's all give you a big applause. You are exactly what is wrong with Bethel. You are a shit stirrer. Chief's hours are being negotiated so careful what you post because you may wind up being the one with shit on your face.
Get off the pity train

Decaturville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

AcrosstheTracks wrote:
Wrong,,You are correct Bethel did not change the charter. Mayor Cox can send him home again,if you think the board is gonna let police dept run bethel you are very wrong? Same Position,,what is same position?
The same position is a FULL TIME LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR THE CITY OF BETHEL SPRINGS. The hours are being negotiated. You guess what the rank is and if you have any doubts, put it in writing. Or better yet, go look on the door in City Hall.
Scoop

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Office people up early this morning. I have said this before & once again "WHY DON,T SHE FIRE HIM" If she is the soul person of the town what is her problem. Less go Mayor, the word You are fired. It is plain to see she don,t care what town wants or alderman. I think even Mrs Agnew made the comment why go with all the trash if you want him gone anyway. John Wood & Bob Graham are smart, they know the right thing to do was put him back to work. Then Perigo had to jump in help Mayor & office personal out on trying to get rid of him cause he wouldn,t work night shift. I think if I were him night shift would be great we will see.
Truth and Justice

Decaturville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

AcrosstheTracks wrote:
So now what ever the city wants Mr.Sowell to do it will have to be discussed at board meeting,passed by board? Now the board has to pass a motion when Mr.Sowell goes to bathroom? Later on down the road the board has to pass another motion for Mr.Sowell to patrol Parkway?
Myself i would think not, What if the mayor wanted Mr.Sowell to work on a Sunday,would that have to be approved by a motion??
I believe Mr.Sowell will work as Mayor Cox tells him to work.(day or night). Mrs.Cox is the Mayor,Mr.Sowell takes orders from the Mayor.
Of course not. If he wants to go to the bathroom, he will go. If he needs to work on a Sunday, he will. You have just proven my point that you cannot have a discussion with an idiot. I have said all I am going to say on here. Now read em and weep.
Scoop

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Very good Truth and Justice. Made it loud & clear and like you we are posting to ourselves. They don,t care about charter or right or wrong. They care about Bandy Burney period. Good job alderman Woods & Graham. Stand your ground & do the right thing for Bethel Springs.
Ticket Received

Decaturville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

When chief wrote me my ticket for running the stop sign at Buena Vista and the bypass, it was sometime around 8:00 pm. Is that 8:00 pm a day shift or a night shift? Seems to me he worked all different hours. I hope he comes back to work whatever his hours are.
45North

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

I bet you sleep with that ticket so you may get a good nights sleep. I always loved to get a ticket,,BTW what was the fine Dollar Amt. so i can see if it was paid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Selmer Discussions

Search the Selmer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr grossly incorrect 144,448
Jeff Sisk 4 hr Louden 3
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr TheRealZeke 9,245
Who are the secret MILFS of Selmer? 6 hr Just sayin 17
The roads in McNairy County 6 hr I Agree 4
Sheriff's race 2014 7 hr Mini Bike 2,493
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 18 hr doe resident 8,608
•••
•••
•••
•••

Selmer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••