Independent Appeal
Funny

Nashville, TN

#101 Nov 2, 2012
nopoint wrote:
<quoted text>
Two different things....what would be the point? Everyone forgets there are innocent family members, children and friends that are hurt by unnecessary things put in newspapers. Papers can print the news but don't cross that line and bring things up that should be left in the past.
Would you want your family and friends to have to suffer for your mistakes?
Not two different things.

Maybe people should live their lives right, so they dont cause embarassment and pain to their families in life and in death. Everyone wants to blame the other people(police, newspaper, etc.) instead of blaming the one that caused the whole situation. Im sorry Mr. Ward is dead, but its MR. WARDS fault that he chose the lifestyle he did and he chose to live that lifestyle until it killed him.

Another poster said a pretty simple statement that is really easy to comprehend. "If you dont like whats in the newspaper dont buy it."
opinion

Maury City, TN

#102 Nov 2, 2012
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe people should live their lives right, so they dont cause embarassment and pain to their families in life and in death. Everyone wants to blame the other people(police, newspaper, etc.) instead of blaming the one that caused the whole situation. Im sorry Mr. Ward is dead, but its MR. WARDS fault that he chose the lifestyle he did and he chose to live that lifestyle until it killed him.
Another poster said a pretty simple statement that is really easy to comprehend. "If you dont like whats in the newspaper dont buy it."
I agree people should live a respectful life, but people do sometimes choose the wrong path. Yes, they hurt their families, so why is it necessary for newspapers to add information into an article that happened in the past, that had nothing to do with that situation directly. The article wouldn't have been less acquire or informative if the information from the past had been left out! It only served one purpose, more pain for family and friends.

No I didn't like the way the article was written and I will NO longer buy that paper!
Truth

Henderson, TN

#103 Nov 2, 2012
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.You don't like what you see.,hit the off button.
information

Lexington, TN

#104 Nov 2, 2012
onlinetopic wrote:
lso, I would like to add...I did not know either one of the young men that lost their life in the automobile accidents the last few weeks. Seeing the pictures on the front page bothered me and I can only imagine how the families felt if they saw them.
I also thought, it was unnecessary to print some of things in the article in this week's paper about the latest accident. A young man lost his life, exactly what was the purpose behind printing mistakes he may have made. How did those things apply to the accident itself? Maybe people would feel differently if every bad decision or mistake they made in their life was printed in their obituary or front page of the new's paper, bet that would sale some papers!
The circumstances of the accident in Mississippi were almost identical circumstances to an accident in Hardin County with the exception that 2 law enforcement officers were injured in Hardin County. Not trying to be ugly or nasty but you asked the question.
questionis

Maury City, TN

#105 Nov 2, 2012
information wrote:
<quoted text>
The circumstances of the accident in Mississippi were almost identical circumstances to an accident in Hardin County with the exception that 2 law enforcement officers were injured in Hardin County. Not trying to be ugly or nasty but you asked the question.
But, was it necessary to include it in the article? Adding the information didn't do anything but cause further pain for the family and friends. The story about the accident in Mississippi was enough, stop there. In my opinion no reason to include the other.
Truth

Henderson, TN

#106 Nov 2, 2012
information wrote:
<quoted text>
Ward decided to flee the MS Troopers. MS. HP. stated Ward had quiet a record. Has anything ever been reported as to why Ward decided to flee MS HP? I know THP did put wrecked vehicles on display in order to show an example as to what happens should you be DUI or other situations. The majority of speeders do not just simply attempt to flee. I would not.
Truth

Henderson, TN

#107 Nov 2, 2012
TIPPAH COUNTY, Miss.(WTVA)-- A Selmer, Tenn., man remains in serious condition after a wreck on Highway 370 near Faulkner Friday morning.

Trooper Ray Hall of the Mississippi Highway Patrol said Jerry Matthew Ward, 31, led authorities on a high-speed chase for approximately 15 miles before Ward lost control of his pickup truck and crashed at around 10 a.m.

Hall said troopers attempted to stop Ward for traveling at a high rate of speed on Highway 72, but Ward chose to flee.

Paramedics transported Ward to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo with life-threatening injuries he received in the crash.

Hall said Ward's reason for failing to stop is unclear, but cited the man does have a lengthy criminal record, including a previous charge for felony fleeing.

The incident remains under investigation by the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation.

Hall said Ward faces felony fleeing charges and possibly others, depending on the outcome of the investigation.
right way

Maury City, TN

#108 Nov 2, 2012
Truth wrote:
TIPPAH COUNTY, Miss.(WTVA)-- A Selmer, Tenn., man remains in serious condition after a wreck on Highway 370 near Faulkner Friday morning.
Trooper Ray Hall of the Mississippi Highway Patrol said Jerry Matthew Ward, 31, led authorities on a high-speed chase for approximately 15 miles before Ward lost control of his pickup truck and crashed at around 10 a.m.
Hall said troopers attempted to stop Ward for traveling at a high rate of speed on Highway 72, but Ward chose to flee.
Paramedics transported Ward to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo with life-threatening injuries he received in the crash.
Hall said Ward's reason for failing to stop is unclear, but cited the man does have a lengthy criminal record, including a previous charge for felony fleeing.
The incident remains under investigation by the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation.
Hall said Ward faces felony fleeing charges and possibly others, depending on the outcome of the investigation.
Independent Appeal take note...this is the right way to report the news. Provides the readers with the details, but doesn't go over board.
Tom W

United States

#109 Nov 2, 2012
right way wrote:
<quoted text>Independent Appeal take note...this is the right way to report the news. Provides the readers with the details, but doesn't go over board.
That sounded worse than the IA to me.
IA subscriber

Memphis, TN

#110 Nov 2, 2012
If you want ALL of the local news read the IA. If you want a bunch of fluff read the other paper. I choose to read ALL of the news not just the information that one of the papers thinks that I need to know.
casper

Paragould, AR

#111 Nov 2, 2012
right way wrote:
<quoted text>
Independent Appeal take note...this is the right way to report the news. Provides the readers with the details, but doesn't go over board.
also there pictures are clear and the writing is readable,unlike the ia.maybe they could hire someone from special ed to write better stories and hold the camera still to take pics.i wont waste 50cents on this rag anymore
Clark

Henderson, TN

#112 Nov 2, 2012
Pictures? Where are pictures?
larry chandler

Bolivar, TN

#113 Nov 2, 2012
The independent appeal is so caught up with making a dollar and wanting publicity so bad that it has no feelings for a human being whatsoever. Putting that wreck and writing all the crap they did on the front page of the paper on the day a life-long friend ( or brother ) Matt Ward was to be laid to rest. It would not have hurt near as much had you just slapped all the friends and family in the face but no you did this hoping to gain something out of it.! Well did you get what you wanted or do you feel like the low-life piece of crap that you acted like?? Was it really worth the ridicule you have gotten out of writing and saying all this? What if the page was on you or your family? Your beloved only family that you will ever have in this life? Do you still walk with your head up when you went to wal-mart? Or have you got a special place for people your kind to shop at where you don't have to look your neighbors and fellow countians in the eye! Are you not afraid you will be judged as you have judged Matt Ward. God rest his soul. There is one thing for sure Matt was the same person everyday. He didn't talk to you to your face as a friend then turn around behind your back and talk about you. Can you say that about yourself? And one more thing I will be one of the many many people that live in this piece of a crap town that will not ever be found buying another independent appeal! Thank you for your time. And one more thing I don't hide behind a fake name.
larry chandler

Bolivar, TN

#114 Nov 2, 2012
larry chandler wrote:
The independent appeal is so caught up with making a dollar and wanting publicity so bad that it has no feelings for a human being whatsoever. Putting that wreck and writing all the crap they did on the front page of the paper on the day a life-long friend ( or brother ) Matt Ward was to be laid to rest. It would not have hurt near as much had you just slapped all the friends and family in the face but no you did this hoping to gain something out of it.! Well did you get what you wanted or do you feel like the low-life piece of crap that you acted like?? Was it really worth the ridicule you have gotten out of writing and saying all this? What if the page was on you or your family? Your beloved only family that you will ever have in this life? Do you still walk with your head up when you went to wal-mart? Or have you got a special place for people your kind to shop at where you don't have to look your neighbors and fellow countians in the eye! Are you not afraid you will be judged as you have judged Matt Ward. God rest his soul. There is one thing for sure Matt was the same person everyday. He didn't talk to you to your face as a friend then turn around behind your back and talk about you. Can you say that about yourself? And one more thing I will be one of the many many people that live in this piece of a crap town that will not ever be found buying another independent appeal! Thank you for your time. And one more thing I don't hide behind a fake name.
I'm not from white like either but just embarrassed to admit I'm from this town.
Bobby L Smith

Memphis, TN

#115 Nov 2, 2012
larry chandler wrote:
The independent appeal just reported the story that Mr. Ward himself chose to give them.

Don't like it? Don't buy the paper. It's over now. Suck it up and move on.
Hmmm

Lexington, TN

#116 Nov 2, 2012
larry chandler wrote:
I for one do not care whether you like this or not. 5 or 6 people not buying papers to please HER aren't going to hurt that paper at all. That whole family is dysfunctional!
Advertiser

United States

#117 Nov 3, 2012
I have never commented on this despicable site and will probably never will again but I had to write this.

I have been buying Ads in the Independent Appeal for years. Yesterday, I received a phone call from a Ward family member telling me not to advertise with the IA anymore.(That was the nice version) Everyone is sorry Matt was killed, but EVERYONE knows his death was newsworthy. I Will NOT be strong armed into not advertising with the IA.
Freedom of Speech

Lexington, TN

#118 Nov 3, 2012
Advertiser wrote:
I have never commented on this despicable site and will probably never will again but I had to write this.
I have been buying Ads in the Independent Appeal for years. Yesterday, I received a phone call from a Ward family member telling me not to advertise with the IA anymore.(That was the nice version) Everyone is sorry Matt was killed, but EVERYONE knows his death was newsworthy. I Will NOT be strong armed into not advertising with the IA.
Good post. The back lashing and blame game is NOTHING new coming from that family. It's been like that for many years. I, too am sorry Matt was killed but blaming others is not right either. Them calling and telling people to stop advertising is just another good example of bad behavior on their part.
McNasty

Jackson, TN

#119 Nov 3, 2012
Didn't the IA screw over the editor who started MN? It's obvious MN dig deeper and only edit appropriate material. IA has been going down since MN was started and yes they have got very desperate. I wouldn't wipe my azz with a IA if it was the last piece of paper in the world, although it would just add more shiit to their columns. Enjoy ur paper!
Funny

United States

#120 Nov 3, 2012
Wonder where that post came from??? Geez, really had me fooled there for a minute!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian Howell Court Date 5 hr AwFuck 9
our sheriff 9 hr Bob 9
Corinth 14 hr Josh steakless 8
Amy Sharp (Jul '15) Sun Dman1997 5
shanah frye Sat $ 5
Michie Principal May 21 Blue Angel 4
paige hensley (Feb '14) May 20 School mate 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Selmer Mortgages