Independent Appeal
MyThought

Milan, TN

#21 Oct 19, 2012
MCN has the edge giving out special weather reports,but who the heck gonna sit there reading/searching a computer for weather info when a tornado/lighting storm is here? I think good ole Dave Brown is the best for that...
reader

Beech Bluff, TN

#22 Oct 19, 2012
Opinion wrote:
I don't believe Janet/Jeff would waste their time with something like this. Just the way business is,you rub 2/3wrong it all catches up.
and who in the hell do you think has any thing to gain from this post except janet no one else cares which paper is better, they just read the paper. but good try anyway opinion or should i say janet or maybe jeff
Professional

United States

#23 Oct 19, 2012
Independent Appeal is hands down THE BEST paper!! They are not chicken to print what people want to read about. Can't scare them into not publishing!!
Patriot

Jackson, TN

#24 Oct 19, 2012
As a resident of Selmer I can say that neither of these so called papers are worth the money they charge. They focus too much on local gossip and too little on real news. They will eventually go out of business because social media is erasing their usefulness.

I don't buy either one of them !
ClarkKent

Humboldt, TN

#25 Oct 19, 2012
reader wrote:
<quoted text>and who in the hell do you think has any thing to gain from this post except janet no one else cares which paper is better, they just read the paper. but good try anyway opinion or should i say janet or maybe jeff
==========

Have you ever thought some people just don't like you or you paper? Probably a bunch of those Democrats have turned on you.
The orgianal Clark Kent

Lexington, TN

#26 Oct 19, 2012
Bologna! Independent Appeal all the way to the finish line. Great people and great paper. No contest! Most people love the oldest business still operating in the County. Been around a very long time and still the best one. Says a lot right there.
reader

Beech Bluff, TN

#27 Oct 20, 2012
The orgianal Clark Kent wrote:
Bologna! Independent Appeal all the way to the finish line. Great people and great paper. No contest! Most people love the oldest business still operating in the County. Been around a very long time and still the best one. Says a lot right there.
you're surely not a lessy too, are you
Well

Memphis, TN

#28 Oct 21, 2012
Patriot wrote:
As a resident of Selmer I can say that neither of these so called papers are worth the money they charge. They focus too much on local gossip and too little on real news. They will eventually go out of business because social media is erasing their usefulness.
Give examples of either one reporting on "gossip" instead of fact.
Local Reader

Lexington, TN

#29 Oct 21, 2012
Patriot wrote:
Independent Appeal is a LOCAL newspaper and they do a wonderful job publishing local news. Go subscribe to the Commerical Appeal and see what they charge for a subscription. Or, The Jackson Sun also. For .50 cents, you get the LOCAL news and interests. Independent Appeal is a rocking paper. Get a life Patriot.
reader

Beech Bluff, TN

#30 Oct 22, 2012
Local Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Independent Appeal is a LOCAL newspaper and they do a wonderful job publishing local news. Go subscribe to the Commerical Appeal and see what they charge for a subscription. Or, The Jackson Sun also. For .50 cents, you get the LOCAL news and interests. Independent Appeal is a rocking paper. Get a life Patriot.
that's what we really need A ROCKING PAPER right janet ( keep writing there is nothing funny to watch on tv anymore)
BooBoo

Memphis, TN

#31 Oct 23, 2012
reader wrote:
<quoted text>nice try on those post (janet & jeff) keep writing maybe you can convince people to buy your paper. anyone can see the difference in the news and how clear the pictures and printing are but good try anyway
Undoubtedly, you are not very familiar with Janet's internet skills. She has a hard enough time checking her email, so I doubt that she's surfing the internet and posting comments on here. Haha
Roscoe

United States

#32 Oct 23, 2012
I thought i was chatting with her on friendfinder. huh???
Hmm

United States

#33 Oct 23, 2012
Good paper
Literatacy Finatic

United States

#34 Oct 23, 2012
Excellent paper. Loom forward to it every week. I read the other paper from time to time only to realize The Independent Appeal is and always will be the better paper. Cant even subscribe to tbe "other" paper unlless it is online. I personally enjoy kicking back with mycup of coffee and turning the pages. No coupons or ad inserts in the "other paper". MCN is 3rd rate paper. IA is top notch!!!!

Signed, happy subscriber for over 20 years!!!!!!
Cheers

United States

#35 Oct 23, 2012
Independent Appeal #1. Always has been and ways will be. Period. End of story.
reader

Beech Bluff, TN

#36 Oct 24, 2012
Cheers wrote:
Independent Appeal #1. Always has been and ways will be. Period. End of story.
i don't know who you are trying to convence janet, but you need to talk to the oeople in the county. they say if tom had a mailing route, your paper would be out of business
Funny

Jackson, TN

#37 Oct 24, 2012
reader wrote:
<quoted text>i don't know who you are trying to convence janet, but you need to talk to the oeople in the county. they say if tom had a mailing route, your paper would be out of business
I never hear anything bad about the IA unless its from a person or the relative of a person who has gotten arrested and the IA prints it in the paper.
Funny

Jackson, TN

#38 Oct 24, 2012
reader wrote:
<quoted text>i don't know who you are trying to convence janet, but you need to talk to the oeople in the county. they say if tom had a mailing route, your paper would be out of business
One more thing, if you misspell words in your comments, people don't take you seriously. It's convince and people not convense and oeople. Haha
reader

Beech Bluff, TN

#39 Oct 24, 2012
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing, if you misspell words in your comments, people don't take you seriously. It's convince and people not convense and oeople. Haha
every once in a while my computer doesn't print a letter when you hit the key but regardless on whether it did or i made the mistake we people that are not in the printing business doesn't have the experience you do JANET
Patriot

Beech Bluff, TN

#40 Oct 24, 2012
Local Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you even dare call either one of these rags a Newspaper shows your lack of intelligence. I would not give 10 cents for both of them. One day soon they will be erased from existence and I say good riddance !

I refuse to waste hard earned money on BS like these rags.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
selmer residents have no confidence in selmer p... (Jan '12) 5 hr well 177
Know the signs 7 hr Counselor 24
Cheating round two 10 hr Do whatever 13
Meth is taking over McNairy County. Sat Savannah Snitch 2
Brianna bodiford. ..Bri (Feb '16) Fri Ash 8
People don't care anymore Fri True 21
He's onto u Mar 23 spartan 11

Selmer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance