|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Adam Hicks wrote:
<quoted text>Look another prime example of a coward and a idoit
Look, another prime example of a whiner and stupid redneck.
Lucky

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

AroundTown wrote:
I agree 100% MCN,IA will not report anything that may move McNairy County, Selmer, Adamsville forward. Neither will any paper do any investigation reporting. Like you stated they do not go against the status quo.
There has to be some "movement" to report on any. How is that a newspapers fault. If the county progesses they will report. Spectrum is a good example. Why dont you think before you post nonsense?
TRR

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

no lemming here wrote:
Don't know where papers are on it but we need to change Liqour laws and keep that revenue here. If I had to guess most likely against it.
Call your local elected officials and tell them.
AroundTown

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

TRR wrote:
<quoted text>
'Mr.Robinson reply to wbbjtv on election day was that he had no intent of changing any ordiance. what did that say? All our leaders are interested in is a title,and something to pass on down to their family.
AroundTown

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Lucky wrote:
<quoted text>
There has to be some "movement" to report on any. How is that a newspapers fault. If the county progesses they will report. Spectrum is a good example. Why dont you think before you post nonsense?
What did they really say about Spectrum? Spectrum was adding 26 new jobs,,why not some reporting as to how it was that Spectrum could add 26 new jobs? Was the jobs made advailabe through a grant? Did Spectrum just take this as its on because business is great. What was the pay? where should people apply for a job? What are the jobs? Send a reported to Spectrum to ask questions?
AroundTown

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

TRR wrote:
<quoted text>
Now let me laugh.
Adam hicks

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, another prime example of a whiner and stupid redneck.
Put your real name on here. If i knew who you was bet you wouldnt be runnin that mouth them;)
hah

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Adam!! They're sissies now get your happy a $$ off of here b4 I drive up there an hush you myself lol ;P love you.. let em be topix ninjas. Poor things lmao
hah

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

I feel your pain wrote:
<quoted text>
Sophie and Katherine have the same writing style and IP address. No big deal.
So, you think its okay for some family members and some friends of the deceased to threaten people and businesses while their grieving? Is that some sort of grieving process? That makes no sense.
NO...it obviously isnt justified by someone DYING, Im sure there is a much better reason to be emotionally out of control right now. Not trying to argue with you and I know some peoples comments and even their actions could be considered extreme. The fact remains that apparently some people find it more effective to make it as hard as possible on those trying to be malicious. Right or wrong. Their hearts are filled with lovw for that man and they will surely continue to let him rip and be remembered for the man he truly was instead of the animal that he is portrayed as. Drugs can do so much to people. As hard as it may be please try to remember that he was a victom of a terrible disease--addiction. And please dont judge because from what ive seen, the ones who judge the most are the ones who end up getting a taste of the madness will strike close to home. whether it be themselves or worse, someone they truly love and think that they are above such things. It happens. Please just try to see their view and if ya cant empathize then just dont judge.
AroundTown

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Jackson, who was easily re-elected to Congress on November 6, may have to resign his seat and serve time.

Jesse Jackson Jr. speaking at the 2008 Democratic National Convention.

CHICAGO - Amid reports that he may have misused campaign funds, Illinois congressman Jesse Jackson Jr has hired a lawyer to handle negotiations with the federal government on possible plea deal in which he would resign from the House of Representatives and spend time in prison, media said.

CBS 2 television reported on Saturday and Fox News Chicago on Monday, citing an unnamed source, that Jackson hired Dan Webb, a former U.S. attorney in Chicago who represents defendants in high-profile corruption cases to represent the 47-year-old lawmaker.

Both reports said Jackson, who was easily re-elected to Congress on November 6, may have to resign his seat and serve time in prison under terms of the deal being negotiated.

Webb and a spokesman for Jackson did not immediately respond to requests for comment from Reuters.

Last week, the Chicago Sun-Times reported that Jackson was under investigation for allegedly misusing campaign funds to decorate his home and to buy a $40,000 Rolex watch for a female friend. Reuters has not confirmed the report.

Jackson, the son of civil rights activist and former presidential candidate Jesse Jackson, was treated for at least six weeks at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, this summer for bipolar disorder, a psychological condition marked by extreme mood swings. He has been on medical leave from the House since June and has not been seen in public.

In addition to his health issues, Jackson has been the subject of a House ethics committee probe over an alleged bribe offered by a Jackson supporter in 2008 to then Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich.

The bribe was said to be intended to entice Blagojevich to appoint Jackson to the Senate seat vacated by President Barack Obama. Jackson has admitted to lobbying for the seat, but denied knowing about any money offered to Blagojevich, who has since been convicted on corruption charges and imprisoned.

In October, several newspapers, including the Chicago Sun-Times and the New York Times, reported that Jackson was being investigated by the FBI for possibly misusing campaign money. The FBI would not confirm the reports.

Yes he was just Re-Elected.
AroundTown

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

One of Selmer.McNairy County honored citizens passed away. What has been said about Mr.John Curtis? We need more like John Curtis.
yessir

Kenton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

AroundTown wrote:
One of Selmer.McNairy County honored citizens passed away. What has been said about Mr.John Curtis? We need more like John Curtis.
I agree!!
no lemming here

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Mr. John Curtis was one of our great citzens. Because of men like him we're free today. He was a fixture on main street as a Pharmicist at Rexall Drugs for years. He was always helpful in any capacity he could be.

He was a great American and I salute him for all he was to us. RIP Mr. Curtis
Roy

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

AroundTown wrote:
There was a good article about him in the IA. Not sure if MCN had anything about him
2cents

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Janet why don't you get off this site and quit playing!! A local young black man has been gunned down in Jackson so lets see if you and your crappy paper do a write up about him and his situation! I bet that will sell you a few papers.* RIP Lazar Smith*
Hometown

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

No way in hell can any paper keep up with the shootings in Jackson. leave em alone. What does Jackson have to do with Selmer, McNairy County. Heck we already do Rock-A-Billy for Jackson.
2cents

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

BECAUSE HE WAS A LIFELONG SELMER RESIDENT!!!!! show some respect and do your homework Janet!!
Hometown

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

You are to carry your story to the paper,,hell paper can't report on every citizen. send your story to the paper. myself i have never heard of lazar smith.
TTT

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

2cents wrote:
Janet why don't you get off this site and quit playing!! A local young black man has been gunned down in Jackson so lets see if you and your crappy paper do a write up about him and his situation! I bet that will sell you a few papers.* RIP Lazar Smith*
Was he in a gang? That name sounds familiar, did he play basketball in high school?
2cents

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Yes he was a gangmember but thats beside the point here. His beloved family are tax paying citiens of Selmer so they shpuld take extra care on how they write it up about him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Selmer Forum right now

Search the Selmer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 9 min Jeffrey 144,485
Jeremy Kelley (Dec '13) 48 min mellissa 8
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr WTH 9,251
grandson 2 hr gloria 1
Jeff Sisk 15 hr Louden 3
The roads in McNairy County 17 hr I Agree 4
Sheriff's race 2014 18 hr Mini Bike 2,493
•••
•••
•••
•••

Selmer Jobs

•••