Independent Appeal
wonderingg

United States

#221 Nov 6, 2012
I haven't read all the posts.
Is there going to be people picketting the IA tomorrow?
I feel your pain

Tucker, GA

#222 Nov 6, 2012
Sophie wrote:
<quoted text>Does it matter, how do you know I don't live with someone and we both use the computer, at least we use a name. I don't care about the background, my only opinion came from "how" things are being stated in a very hard time. As a matter of fact, things that I feel strongly about usually get an opinion from me "underline opinion". If I had to deal with that kind of grief I and posting online helped ease the pain I would hope no one would judge me for it but try and understand my state of mind. What excuse do you have for your hatefulness?
Sophie and Katherine have the same writing style and IP address. No big deal.

So, you think its okay for some family members and some friends of the deceased to threaten people and businesses while their grieving? Is that some sort of grieving process? That makes no sense.
Adam Hicks

Tucker, GA

#223 Nov 7, 2012
myopinion wrote:
Ok this is my opinion... I knew Matt. I wasn't close to him or any of his family but we were acquaintances (we would speak if we saw each other out). I don't think he was a saint, nor do I believe any of his family does because I have seen them post on here and on fb numerous times about the fact that he made mistakes, but haven't we all? My opinion, and I consider it unbiased because I am not close to either party involved is that they know he did wrong and they do not fault it for being reported in the news. It was the way that it was reported that was less than respectful, and I happen to agree. Anyone that loses their life in a car accident, no matter if there were criminal charges involved or not, SHOULD NOT have the picture on the front page of the newspaper with the person still trapped inside. No matter who the person involved was, that was very distasteful. I personally don't like seeing pictures on the news of vehicles involved in a wreck were there has been a fatality, but the person was still trapped in the vehicle in this case!??! Then in the article, they reported his past violations of which he had been charged but not convicted yet. So innocent until proven guilty? Not in this case. But that can go either way... I'm not saying the article was completely out of line, a little distasteful, but not horrible. But again, that's just MY opinion. I think the family might have been able to deal with the article itself had the picture not been included. But, yet again, that's just my opinion and ya know what they say about them....
Im glad to see that there is someone that isnt a close friend or family that has some sense if there was more respectful people like you on here there wouldnt be any arguing
Adam Hicks

Tucker, GA

#224 Nov 7, 2012
I feel your pain wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you think its okay for some family members and some friends of the deceased to threaten people and businesses while their grieving? Is that some sort of grieving process? That makes no sense.
Who is the family and friends threatning???
Well

Tucker, GA

#225 Nov 7, 2012
Adam Hicks wrote:
<quoted text>Who is the family and friends threatning???
YOU yourself have threatened to kick people's asses because someone doesn't agree with you on what type of person your friend was. I have lost a good friend in the past, and the last thing that I worried about is what somebody said about him after he was dead. When you lose your cool and start threatening ass whippings it makes YOU look like the bad guy instead of the person that made the comments.

Some friends and family have threatened local businesses not to advertise in the local newspaper over the article. The paper in question is not going out of business over this article. It's pretty simple if someone is upset over the article, don't buy the paper.

This is Topix, a lot of people post just to get bad reactions from other people.
myopinion

Oakland, TN

#226 Nov 7, 2012
Well wrote:
<quoted text>YOU yourself have threatened to kick people's asses because someone doesn't agree with you on what type of person your friend was. I have lost a good friend in the past, and the last thing that I worried about is what somebody said about him after he was dead. When you lose your cool and start threatening ass whippings it makes YOU look like the bad guy instead of the person that made the comments.

Some friends and family have threatened local businesses not to advertise in the local newspaper over the article. The paper in question is not going out of business over this article. It's pretty simple if someone is upset over the article, don't buy the paper.

This is Topix, a lot of people post just to get bad reactions from other people.
The only person that Adam hicks has addressed in any way (and I know this cause I have read through all these posts and the ones that have been previously removed) are the ones that were saying they were thankful Matt was dead and he never "threatened them with and ass whooping", he told them that if they were going to get on here and talk such horrible things anonymously, that he wanted them to be man enough to do it to his face. That is not "losing his cool", that is what anyone would do. If there were someone on here thanking God that my childhood friend had died, I would at least want them to be respectful enough to admit their real name! And as far as the business owners that have decided not to advertise with the IA, most of them are not friends nor family of the Ward's. They are members of this community, like myself, and they don't agree with the way the article was handled so they don't want to give their money to, or endorse a paper that does such things. How is that anything threatening? People are allowed to have an opinion of the businesses in our area, newspapers included. The ones that are not allowed to have an opinion are the journalists writing the articles for said newspapers. The only ones I see at fault here are the IA and the ones continuously attacking Matt and his family. Let them disagree with the paper if they want! It's their choice and they shouldn't be made the villains for it...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#227 Nov 7, 2012
I feel your pain wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's my name if that helps you.
Adam Hicks

Tucker, GA

#228 Nov 7, 2012
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU yourself have threatened to kick people's asses because someone doesn't agree with you on what type of person your friend was. I have lost a good friend in the past, and the last thing that I worried about is what somebody said about him after he was dead. When you lose your cool and start threatening ass whippings it makes YOU look like the bad guy instead of the person that made the comments.
Really where did i threaten to kick anyones ass if you knew how to read the only thing that i have said is that the disrespectful people need their fingers broke which is the truth there is no need in people talking shit about someone that they didnt even know cause if you knew matt he was a likeable guy and would help his friends and family in any way

Location hidden

#229 Nov 7, 2012
I feel your pain wrote:
<quoted text>
To explain, after your comment, I registered and I have no idea why my town didn't show up, I put in the Selmer zip. I share a laptop when traveling, sometimes I don't ck to see which one of us is signed in. Now that's out of the way I'll feel free to continue to post if I want without being accused of hiding.

Location hidden

#230 Nov 7, 2012
Adam Hicks wrote:
<quoted text>
Really where did i threaten to kick anyones ass if you knew how to read the only thing that i have said is that the disrespectful people need their fingers broke which is the truth there is no need in people talking shit about someone that they didnt even know cause if you knew matt he was a likeable guy and would help his friends and family in any way
Adam, I'm so sorry for the pain you are in and I understand why you feel so defensive. There are many people on here that would actually react very differently if they were faced with the kind of tragedy and personal pain you are walking through. As far as anyones past or present life, I can only say I raised three boys. They were hellraisers in their own ways for many years. I too, stood up for them in the court system simply because I learned that our courts are often corrupt and that's too bad because parents would like to have the safetynet of helping people learn from their mistakes. In this day and age that's simply not possible as we can all see from other situations with law enforcement on this board. Thankfully, none of my sons lost their life during these times..I have one out there I pray for every day as he still thinks he's ten feet tall and bullet proof. I love him and if I had to endure the kind of accusations that have come forth here I'd be angry too. Keep on loving your friends, a life was lost to soon, before he had his own chance to grow, become the man he was destined to be. If I needed a friend, I'd like to have one like you.
Wrong

Memphis, TN

#231 Nov 7, 2012
myopinion wrote:
<quoted text>
The only person that Adam hicks has addressed in any way (and I know this cause I have read through all these posts and the ones that have been previously removed) are the ones that were saying they were thankful Matt was dead and he never "threatened them with and ass whooping", he told them that if they were going to get on here and talk such horrible things anonymously, that he wanted them to be man enough to do it to his face. That is not "losing his cool", that is what anyone would do. If there were someone on here thanking God that my childhood friend had died, I would at least want them to be respectful enough to admit their real name! And as far as the business owners that have decided not to advertise with the IA, most of them are not friends nor family of the Ward's. They are members of this community, like myself, and they don't agree with the way the article was handled so they don't want to give their money to, or endorse a paper that does such things. How is that anything threatening? People are allowed to have an opinion of the businesses in our area, newspapers included. The ones that are not allowed to have an opinion are the journalists writing the articles for said newspapers. The only ones I see at fault here are the IA and the ones continuously attacking Matt and his family. Let them disagree with the paper if they want! It's their choice and they shouldn't be made the villains for it...
Nope youre wrong, go to the "Greg Young" topic on Selmer Topix. Someone using the name Adam Hicks threatened to "knock someones teeth out". Someone using the name Adam Hicks did "lose his cool", over a bull sh*t anonymous comment.

No one is complaining about someone having an opinion. People are complaining about businesses and people being bullied over a freaking article. How many people work at the IA that had nothing to do with writing the article? It would be like getting mad at Japan over something, and people starting a boycott of Japanese cars. Boycotting Japanese cars would put American workers out a job, because a lot of Japanese cars are built here.

I will repeat what has been said by others, If you dont like the IA dont buy the IA.
myopinion

Oakland, TN

#232 Nov 7, 2012
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>Nope youre wrong, go to the "Greg Young" topic on Selmer Topix. Someone using the name Adam Hicks threatened to "knock someones teeth out". Someone using the name Adam Hicks did "lose his cool", over a bull sh*t anonymous comment.

No one is complaining about someone having an opinion. People are complaining about businesses and people being bullied over a freaking article. How many people work at the IA that had nothing to do with writing the article? It would be like getting mad at Japan over something, and people starting a boycott of Japanese cars. Boycotting Japanese cars would put American workers out a job, because a lot of Japanese cars are built here.

I will repeat what has been said by others, If you dont like the IA dont buy the IA.
Ok, the reason the "Greg Young" forum was even started was because this person under the name of Greg young got on a forum about Matt and thanked God for him being dead. He called him a waste of air among many other things I will not repeat. Did you see that one? Those horrible things were posted two days after Matt passed away. He also called Adam a meth head, which he is not. Did you see that? Then Greg Young told Adam to meet him the school in adamsville when Adam defended Matt. Did you see all that? All those things led to Adams posting on here. He held his cool longer than most that had just lost a friend.

About the IA...I understand that there are many innocent people that work there. They write articles and get paid for them. They would not be affected by other businesses not endorsing the paper. They will get paid as long as they write the articles. But... It is the same if you work for any company. If the company gets accused of wrong doing, the employees still get paid unless the entire company goes under. In that case, you might want to be more selective as to what company/business you associate with.
wrong

Tucker, GA

#233 Nov 7, 2012
myopinion wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, the reason the "Greg Young" forum was even started was because this person under the name of Greg young got on a forum about Matt and thanked God for him being dead. He called him a waste of air among many other things I will not repeat. Did you see that one? Those horrible things were posted two days after Matt passed away. He also called Adam a meth head, which he is not. Did you see that? Then Greg Young told Adam to meet him the school in adamsville when Adam defended Matt. Did you see all that? All those things led to Adams posting on here. He held his cool longer than most that had just lost a friend.

About the IA...I understand that there are many innocent people that work there. They write articles and get paid for them. They would not be affected by other businesses not endorsing the paper. They will get paid as long as they write the articles. But... It is the same if you work for any company. If the company gets accused of wrong doing, the employees still get paid unless the entire company goes under. In that case, you might want to be more selective as to what company/business you associate with.
So, you agree that he has threatened? I agree he was baited, but someone using a Adam Hicks name did threaten.

There are more than just writers at the IA. Most newspapers hire secretaries, photographers, ad sales, delivery people. Those would be the people hurt the most with a boycott. You say they should be more selective when applying for a job, well jobs are hard to find so its hard to be selective.
Adam Hicks

Tucker, GA

#234 Nov 7, 2012
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope youre wrong, go to the "Greg Young" topic on Selmer Topix. Someone using the name Adam Hicks threatened to "knock someones teeth out". Someone using the name Adam Hicks did "lose his cool", over a bull sh*t anonymous comment.
Oh im sorry but you didnt see the comments before that did you idoit???? He talked about how good it was that matt was gone and kept saying that i was a meth head and i started a topic under his name to try to get his trashy mouth off of matts topic and yes i did say id knock his teeth out just like i would if i ever find out who he really is. He called me out to meet him so it sounds like to me he was asking for it but anyway thats y that happened sorry that your dumb ass didnt see that other topic where he talked so out of the way he deserved whatever he got
Unknown

Humboldt, TN

#235 Nov 7, 2012
Adam,that is another thread,,if you want to keep bashing one another please start you a new thread.
Adam Hicks

Tucker, GA

#236 Nov 7, 2012
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you agree that he has threatened? I agree he was baited, but someone using a Adam Hicks name did threaten.
There are more than just writers at the IA. Most newspapers hire secretaries, photographers, ad sales, delivery people. Those would be the people hurt the most with a boycott. You say they should be more selective when applying for a job, well jobs are hard to find so its hard to be selective.
And if you agree i was baited wtf are you making a big deal out of it for all you lame ass losers hiding behind fake names can kiss my ass bunch of weak minded idoits put your real name on here if you wanna stand behind your comment. This site should make it where you have to put your real name to make a comment and it would get all these b i t c h e s off of here so from now on out if you have a negative comment to say and not goin to put your real name just remember your a bitch
wrong

Tucker, GA

#237 Nov 7, 2012
Adam Hicks wrote:
<quoted text>And if you agree i was baited wtf are you making a big deal out of it for all you lame ass losers hiding behind fake names can kiss my ass bunch of weak minded idoits put your real name on here if you wanna stand behind your comment. This site should make it where you have to put your real name to make a comment and it would get all these b i t c h e s off of here so from now on out if you have a negative comment to say and not goin to put your real name just remember your a bitch
See, you let yourself get all fuzzed up over words. How old are you six? There is nothing YOU can do about anyone commenting on here anonymously except get on here and moan and curse. I guess that makes you feel better but it makes YOU look like an uncivilized redneck. Grow up.
Adam Hicks

Tucker, GA

#238 Nov 7, 2012
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
See, you let yourself get all fuzzed up over words. How old are you six? There is nothing YOU can do about anyone commenting on here anonymously except get on here and moan and curse. I guess that makes you feel better but it makes YOU look like an uncivilized redneck. Grow up.
Lol yea i know cause they r like u cowards hiding behind a computer screen
wrong

Tucker, GA

#239 Nov 7, 2012
Adam Hicks wrote:
<quoted text>Lol yea i know cause they r like u cowards hiding behind a computer screen
See what happens when you try to give someone friendly advise. You get called names. There is no helping imbeciles. This topic wasn't about you personally anyway. You just got caught lying and now your defensive about it. That's okay, I know, I know, you're grieving and that makes it okay.

But anyway, I won't reply to you anymore since the topic is not about you. So, put your big boy pants on and grow up.
Adam Hicks

Tucker, GA

#240 Nov 7, 2012
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
See what happens when you try to give someone friendly advise. You get called names. There is no helping imbeciles. This topic wasn't about you personally anyway. You just got caught lying and now your defensive about it. That's okay, I know, I know, you're grieving and that makes it okay.
But anyway, I won't reply to you anymore since the topic is not about you. So, put your big boy pants on and grow up.
Yep just like i said say it to my face or at least put your name coward but we both know that will never happen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daniel Johnson 32 min dansea 7
Talking to Married People (Mar '11) 6 hr Cheater 28
anyone seen mullek? 6 hr skullz 1
Cute single dads (Jun '12) 7 hr Notjudgingjustsaying 68
Boys In House Between Selmer & Bethel 8 hr Will not be there 14
Loves Truck Stop (Nov '15) 14 hr Pimp 5
kkk (Jan '11) 22 hr Racist 116

Selmer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance