Next Last
Linda

Lexington, TN

#1 Oct 17, 2012
Good paper?
Wayne

Beech Bluff, TN

#2 Oct 17, 2012
Yes, yes and they are doing much better in cyber world.
Avid Reader

Lexington, TN

#3 Oct 17, 2012
Excellent newpaper! Best paper in these parts of Tennessee!!!
Abc

Jackson, TN

#4 Oct 17, 2012
I'd suggest you get a copy of all the local papers and compare them yourself.
Reader

Milan, TN

#5 Oct 17, 2012
The other paper is all about ads,sending people out of town,i guess if you are from adamsville it is ok for you,,not my paper.
Subscriber

Lexington, TN

#6 Oct 17, 2012
I love the Independent Appeal. By far the better paper. You should get your copy of this weeks paper! Front page is amazing.
Abc

Jackson, TN

#7 Oct 17, 2012
All these posts sound like the same person. Trying to help out a struggling business by posting multiple times? Pretty suspicious...
Main

Hornsby, TN

#8 Oct 17, 2012
The Appeal is a great paper.
Boner

United States

#9 Oct 17, 2012
Abc wrote:
All these posts sound like the same person. Trying to help out a struggling business by posting multiple times? Pretty suspicious...
Wrong! Independent Appeal rocks! Get your copy today on news stands everywhere!
Lovey

United States

#10 Oct 17, 2012
Independent Appeal!
Lazy

Jackson, TN

#11 Oct 17, 2012
Already got mine.
hmmm

Memphis, TN

#12 Oct 18, 2012
It seems to me that sometimes the other newspaper just copies their stories from the independent appeal. I never buy the other paper, I just read the free copies they leave all over town.
Bah

Jackson, TN

#13 Oct 18, 2012
I prefer a newspaper that can spell correctly, and that has good clear pictures. One guy at the independent writes so poorly, he must have failed every grade of English.
Trey

United States

#14 Oct 19, 2012
Compare articles in both papers. Independent Appeal has more detailed and informative articles. The other one just uses the high points with very little detail. I see someone from the Independent at almost every event I attend in the county. It's rare to see the other one attending any event.
Voter

Milan, TN

#15 Oct 19, 2012
The other one probably not going to last much longer,maybe down to face book. they just not experienced with reporting the news as in newspaper.
reader

Beech Bluff, TN

#16 Oct 19, 2012
Voter wrote:
The other one probably not going to last much longer,maybe down to face book. they just not experienced with reporting the news as in newspaper.
nice try on those post (janet & jeff) keep writing maybe you can convince people to buy your paper. anyone can see the difference in the news and how clear the pictures and printing are but good try anyway
Opinion

Milan, TN

#17 Oct 19, 2012
I don't believe Janet/Jeff would waste their time with something like this. Just the way business is,you rub 2/3wrong it all catches up.
Bah

Jackson, TN

#18 Oct 19, 2012
It's obviously someone trying to slant toward the IA. The MCN isn't about to go under. They received best new small business from the chamber this year, their FB page has nearly twice as many members as the IA, and even with giving away a lot of their papers to schools and public places, they don't leave papers in the stands like the IA does. You can claim a readership of over 7,000 all you want, but a lot of those papers are being picked back up every week because no one buys them. Ask your friends and neighbors how many of them have cancelled their subscription or no longer buy it in town. Ask them which FB page they look at to get the latest news. Bad-mouthing the MCN on this stupid website isn't going to hurt them in any way, or make the IA a better paper. You're wasting your time.
Local

Nashville, TN

#19 Oct 19, 2012
Bah wrote:
It's obviously someone trying to slant toward the IA. The MCN isn't about to go under. They received best new small business from the chamber this year, their FB page has nearly twice as many members as the IA, and even with giving away a lot of their papers to schools and public places, they don't leave papers in the stands like the IA does. You can claim a readership of over 7,000 all you want, but a lot of those papers are being picked back up every week because no one buys them. Ask your friends and neighbors how many of them have cancelled their subscription or no longer buy it in town. Ask them which FB page they look at to get the latest news. Bad-mouthing the MCN on this stupid website isn't going to hurt them in any way, or make the IA a better paper. You're wasting your time.
There is no need to try to slant. IA is definitely the best NEWSpaper in McNairy County. MCN is a rag tag operation. The reason the MCN stands are always empty is because they only put about 3 copies in the stand to start with. IA puts at least 30. The reason MCN got the best new small business award is because the only other new small business closed. Lol

I do read both papers, I subscribe to the IA and sometimes read the free MCN copy when I'm taking a shat at a local business.
Opinion2

Milan, TN

#20 Oct 19, 2012
Bah wrote:
Funny how some can tell others the problem and how they are wasting time. me i enjoy the laugh. Opps thats what the above poster said wasitng time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What about Kara lambert 1 hr Tyler 10
What to do ? 1 hr Yessir 3
Angel 3 hr Stupid 3
Im a girl that likes girls ;) 12 hr Buttspray Brown 18
Moma apron strangz 12 hr Boyz indahood igmo 2
Why isn't in either paper? 16 hr INDIANGURL68 5
what older girls are easy around town? (Apr '11) 16 hr Laura 22

Selmer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance