who got fired at the sheriff dept.

Posted in the Selmer Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Linda

Lexington, TN

#3 Aug 11, 2012
Yea, it's all over Michie, too but I heard it was 2 administrative positions in the jail (DK & MC). I hope it's not true though.
Rocket

Lexington, TN

#4 Aug 11, 2012
So okay if some one got fired in the jail & it is over money I assume missing,will they e arrested. It it bad when people that is suspose to enforce the law are the ones doing the crime. I do not know this to be true, but it is the talk all over town. Guess we will know or sure if there is arrest made. After all it is not legal to take money that is not yours. Be checking your paper this week.
Honest

Lexington, TN

#5 Aug 11, 2012
People have a right to freedom of speech even if it is on Topix. I normally would never post on Topix but this time I am. It would be nice if someone from sheriff department would make some kind of announcement as in a statement to the paper or to wbbj as to whether it is true or not but I was just told that Doug King is no longer employed. Something about approximately $5,000.00 in "missing" money from the inmates commissary. Michelle Cooper's employment is also in question and no one seems to know whether she is involved or not. We put a lot of faith in our law enforcement and it is sad to think that people, who's job are to uphold the law would do something like this. If this is true, they need to make an arrest as it does not look good on sheriff dept they do not. If it is not true, they need to also make some kind of statement as people are talking all over the county. Please tell me this is not true.
MEE

Fulton, MS

#6 Aug 11, 2012
Rocket wrote:
So okay if some one got fired in the jail & it is over money I assume missing,will they e arrested. It it bad when people that is suspose to enforce the law are the ones doing the crime. I do not know this to be true, but it is the talk all over town. Guess we will know or sure if there is arrest made. After all it is not legal to take money that is not yours. Be checking your paper this week.
if it was the justice center it will be kept quiet thats how they work at the center
Puzzled

Lexington, TN

#7 Aug 11, 2012
The sheriff department will have this thread deleted by in the morning or by tomorrow by noon at the latest. That is how they work. Although, theft by employees should be brought out for us tax payers to know that they are doing their job. We see people all the time in the court briefs on probation and paying fines for shoplifting and all kinds of other misdemeanor crimes. Prosecuting employee theft would be good publicity for the department. It would show that they are serious when it comes to employees stealing money. Zero tolerance. If this is true and just firing is all they do in this case, well that is just really sad. How can they prosecute any crime in good faith?
Truth

Stanton, TN

#9 Aug 11, 2012
Just as long as it is not to pay for another abortion.
Brute Honesty

Lexington, TN

#10 Aug 11, 2012
What is the difference between paying for an abortion and employee theft of somewhere around $5,000.00. Do you think that employee or employees should be prosecuted or just let go? Serious answers only please. It amazes me that this one person can ride with the gang and also put his hands in the cookie jar at the same time.
Bull

United States

#11 Aug 12, 2012
I find this hard to believe. Doug and Michelle are good people. People say anything on Topix.
MEE

Fulton, MS

#12 Aug 12, 2012
Puzzled wrote:
The sheriff department will have this thread deleted by in the morning or by tomorrow by noon at the latest. That is how they work. Although, theft by employees should be brought out for us tax payers to know that they are doing their job. We see people all the time in the court briefs on probation and paying fines for shoplifting and all kinds of other misdemeanor crimes. Prosecuting employee theft would be good publicity for the department. It would show that they are serious when it comes to employees stealing money. Zero tolerance. If this is true and just firing is all they do in this case, well that is just really sad. How can they prosecute any crime in good faith?
I agree they will delete this real soon any thing in justice center is a secret the public dont know half what goes on in side J.C.
rachel

Lexington, TN

#13 Aug 12, 2012
Do u ppl not have anything better to do but gossip about good ppl that take care of their families and not bother anybody? I really wish yall would put Ur real names so I could start threads about yall n let ppl talk shit about u. Get a life!!!!
MEE

Fulton, MS

#14 Aug 12, 2012
rachel wrote:
Do u ppl not have anything better to do but gossip about good ppl that take care of their families and not bother anybody? I really wish yall would put Ur real names so I could start threads about yall n let ppl talk shit about u. Get a life!!!!
SO,you are saying its o.k.to steal money to take care of your family YOU have got to work at the J.C.
bound To drizound
#15 Aug 12, 2012
Ya'll are retarded they can't just remove this thread
really

Fulton, MS

#16 Aug 12, 2012
bound To drizound wrote:
Ya'll are retarded they can't just remove this thread
we shall see mr. know it all
Wheeeee

Lexington, TN

#17 Aug 12, 2012
Any monies emptied from the commissary machine should be immediately counted and deposited. If it was left laying around out in the open with access to it by other people, then the responsibility does fall back on whoever is in charge. If that was Doug, then he should have known better than to trust anyone else with it. When it comes to money, DO NOT EVER trust anybody! I can see Doug taking the heat for it but do I think Doug took it? No! Is he responsible for it? Yes!
oh me

Brighton, TN

#18 Aug 12, 2012
Anybody can get this thread removed if they wanted to.
insane mane
#19 Aug 12, 2012
then why Hell is it still on here..
oh me

Brighton, TN

#20 Aug 12, 2012
insane mane wrote:
then why Hell is it still on here..
Because nobody has reported it yet. Use your brain ;)
spanky

Memphis, TN

#22 Aug 12, 2012
That's a big problem in this county with all this he said she said crap. If they did get fired over theft so be it. But this county is so damn quick to jump before you know all the facts. Wouldn't you think that it's under investigation and if so then I doubt any public release will be made until that's concluded.

God you people just thrive off drama. Look at almost every thread on this site. You all are no better than the trash you are accusing. Go right to church now and sit on the front row. So you can gossip monger cause surely that's not a sin.
Bull

United States

#23 Aug 12, 2012
If they did get fired over theft I honestly dont think they stole anything. Someone else may have but not them.
booohooo

United States

#24 Aug 12, 2012
heard some prisoners things were pawned

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
secrets 1 hr Lawyer 2
body found (Dec '15) 2 hr family 6
emma griswell...what do you know about her? 3 hr smh 3
Assessor of Property 5 hr think before you ... 9
Josh smith and Kelly claunch! 5 hr Get rid of this t... 3
What is the deal with Tyler Brown? anyone? (Oct '10) 11 hr Tyler fan 43
Adam Clayton 17 hr Ugh 14

Selmer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance