Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments
6,161 - 6,180 of 9,329 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Concerned Citizen

Cleveland, TN

#6709 Dec 11, 2012
If anyone is exposed to Daniel Burton they should be immediately immunized. If not, spontaneous beard and hairy man chest may occur.
Kubbs

Kearney, NE

#6710 Dec 11, 2012
reason wrote:
Question: Why would someone that is fully vaccinated be afraid of touching someone that is non-vaccinated?
maybe they don't want to catch cuties?
Concerned Citizen

Cleveland, TN

#6711 Dec 11, 2012
Kubbs wrote:
<quoted text>maybe they don't want to catch cuties?
Cuties? I think you mean "Cooties". Gah, Daniel Burton would know how to spell that right.
Kubbs

Norcross, GA

#6712 Dec 11, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuties? I think you mean "Cooties". Gah, Daniel Burton would know how to spell that right.
I stand corrected sorry cooties.
The Daniel Burton

Cleveland, TN

#6713 Dec 11, 2012
THAT'S. RIGHT. B*TCH.
Beard Lover

Cleveland, TN

#6714 Dec 11, 2012
The Daniel Burton wrote:
THAT'S. RIGHT. B*TCH.
See! look at that amazing grammar and punctuation!
Snake

Ville-d'avray, France

#6715 Dec 11, 2012
Beard Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
See! look at that amazing grammar and punctuation!
no one gives a sh1t
Murican

Cleveland, TN

#6716 Dec 11, 2012
Snake wrote:
<quoted text>no one gives a sh1t
Shut up, before we have to bail you out of another war.
Napoleon

Cleveland, TN

#6717 Dec 11, 2012
Snake wrote:
<quoted text>no one gives a sh1t
Shut up before America has to come bail you out of another war, France.
Spectator

Cleveland, TN

#6718 Dec 11, 2012
Napoleon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey look at that. France just lost another fight.:P
Snake

Ireland

#6719 Dec 11, 2012
Napoleon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you come shut me up sissy?
Conner

Charleston, TN

#6720 Dec 12, 2012
Did you just change your country to Ireland, Snake? I'd change if I was from France too.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#6721 Dec 12, 2012
not required wrote:
<quoted text>
tn has a state form to opt out of vaccines : http://www.tennessee.gov/education/schoolheal...
As pointed out in previous posts.

If you have to get permission to exercise your rights, how can you call them rights?

Parents have the responsibility for their children, hence they have rights that are inalienable and un-a-lienable {most think the word 'unalienable' comes from the root word 'alien', but actually has the word 'lien' at its root}. If you are content giving dictatorial powers to the government for yourself and your family, that's fine, but please leave me and mine to live in freedom from your fear imposed tyranny.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#6723 Dec 13, 2012
its a must wrote:
<quoted text>it really is a must to get kids immunized it helps prevent the spread of many diseases.
I've never denied the benefit of immunizations, I'll leave that to others. What I object to is the progressive abdication of our rights and authority as individuals to this, or any, government.

As we reduce the individual, we reduce ourselves collectively, but this is a lesson no longer taught in our homes and schools. There are other lessons no longer taught as well, such as the fact that the ultimate rebel is the thinker, not the emoter, let alone the blind follower.
wtf

Newton, NC

#6724 Dec 13, 2012
No,bcoz ther parents shld b able to decide.I believe that forcing immunizations on children is forcing them to have drugs shot nto ther little veins.dcs told me that if I did not get my children immunized,they wld b taken away from me n placed n another home.i think that wen it comes to children,ther parents beliefs shld vry well b considered,even wen they want ther children to b immunized bcoz not everyone feels the same about this issue.
wtf

Newton, NC

#6725 Dec 13, 2012
Wowy,lk at me..lmao wen it comes to my children,I get heated at times :-)
wtf

Johnson City, TN

#6727 Dec 13, 2012
i'm jst gifted n getting excited,i'm gonna post as much as possible :-)

Since: Nov 12

Columbus, NC

#6728 Dec 13, 2012
Our peditrcian is against it says that they have exstream levels of mercy in them & disscussed with us how ridiculous it is that the hospitals give a 2 day old infant a shot for hep. Before even leaving the hospital. Idk my children are up to date. But when a doctor tells you this it really makes you wonder if the good out weighs the bad. I do however belive it is the parents personal decision & should not be something for the world to make. Everyday the goverment is trying to take away more & more of the ppls right to make their own choice on what they feel is best. It is your child & I like to think the parents will make the best choice for their child. It is no one elses buissness.
WTH

Manchester, TN

#6729 Dec 13, 2012
forest wrote:
<quoted text>have you ever stopped and read what you are writing? if not you need to because you sound stupid! did you even graduate the third grade? are these words too big for you to understand
I think this is Topix short and sweet.
It sure beats some of the long winded that happens here.
wtf

Hendersonville, NC

#6730 Dec 13, 2012
Ikr,bcoz some ppl take this issue vry seriously...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min redd 146,154
cops stealing working citizens property. the... 1 hr selmer 6
MCHS Homecoming (Sep '12) 2 hr bahaha 52
Erica Murray 5 hr YEp 3
Monica Bulter (Nov '12) 6 hr I know 29
jeff huggins 7 hr jeff Huggins 4
The Winklers 7 hr selmer 2
•••
•••
•••

Selmer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000