Since: Jul 09

Springdale, AR

#387 Jan 20, 2013
Dan wrote:
Apology accepted. Really loved that first movie. Watched it as a kid.
Dan, I would encourage you to join crimemyths for an objective look at the Pusser story. Just type crimemyths in your search box. Crimemyths Buford Pusser: Fact or Fiction.

Springdale, AR

#388 Jan 20, 2013
ken702 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rich, I am just surfing tonight and came across this old post. My Father was there that afternoon. My Mother and I found out about the shooting before my Father returned home when my sister in CA called (long distance at the time). She had heard it on national news. It has been many years and I was 12 at the time, but it is something I will never forget. As I remember it my father, Ewell Melvin was Jerry’s partner that day. It was at the end of their shift they had arrested a “drunk” my father called him and were writing the paper work up when Art told them to go home. Art then, as I was told, pulled his service revolver waving it back and forth saying “-----, I said go home”. Mc Daniel and Patrolman Lusk, who was working as dispatcher, jumped into the elevator behind the dispatcher’s desk. Lt. Inmann and Patrolman Melvin took cover in front of the dispatcher’s desk. Everyone now had their weapons drawn. Murphy fires a single shot hitting the opened end of the elevator door, which can still be seen today. Mc Daniel, right handed, placed his weapon in his left hand reaching outside the elevator door around the front wall firing to his right one blind shot striking murphy in the chest. I have a general memory there was another officer present taking refuge in the policeman lounge. These five men were no more than 15 to 20 feet apart.
That is the best account of the shooting that I have heard to date.

Mike
jason

Birmingham, AL

#389 Jan 26, 2013
Ron Lynch wrote:
Can anyone tell me the story about Paul David English. The murderer that Sheriiff Pusser chased and captured. What car was Pusser driving while chasing English
[email protected]
I know two people that new him
Big D

Tulsa, OK

#390 Feb 16, 2013
mikeelam wrote:
<quoted text> That is the best account of the shooting that I have heard to date.
Mike
I have finally after years and I mean YEARS have now figured out what this whole story is realy about(thanks to you mike and a few others) it is about some people back then was tiered of making money the hard way and started a movie deal and the other people envolved in all that didn't get any money so they started telling truth about the bad crap Pusser did and lied about the good! Remember, each one of the people you or anyone for that matter talk to is hoping for a movie deal like the other people got. So realy unless we lived in the man clothes we will never realy know! By the way I have allways had a problem with the ambush account,I never took on the mob but I SURE AS HELL NOT TAKING MY WIFE ON ANY CALL I don't care what it is (and at 4am)COME ON!!!!

Springdale, AR

#392 Feb 18, 2013
ca96ms wrote:
Here we go with another little Elamdog! More lies, bs about Buford!
Ca96ms cruises the Internet accusing others of using akas and stirring up trouble while he is the one who uses MANY akas and refuses to provide credentials to prove his claims of being a former LEO. Investigator, Captain and Instructor. This shows how low some Pusser supporters will go to discredit those of us who are wanting to learn the real story.
statesrightser

Kuna, ID

#393 Feb 18, 2013
mikeelam wrote:
<quoted text>Ca96ms cruises the Internet accusing others of using akas and stirring up trouble while he is the one who uses MANY akas and refuses to provide credentials to prove his claims of being a former LEO. Investigator, Captain and Instructor. This shows how low some Pusser supporters will go to discredit those of us who are wanting to learn the real story.
You and Big D ("D" for dumb if you look at that last "post") are putting out total h'sh!t. Ought to be ashamed of yourself. He's on board with you moronic movie obsession, so i guess you back that drivel he put out above. heck, it's probably you with fake grammatical errors. I guess someone could be that illiterate and be able to read. he sounds like a good 'un for the conspiracy crowd.(Elam and 15 akas: does that make a crowd?)
statesrightser

Kuna, ID

#394 Feb 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text> I have finally after years and I mean YEARS have now figured out what this whole story is realy about(thanks to you mike and a few others) it is about some people back then was tiered of making money the hard way and started a movie deal and the other people envolved in all that didn't get any money so they started telling truth about the bad crap Pusser did and lied about the good! Remember, each one of the people you or anyone for that matter talk to is hoping for a movie deal like the other people got. So realy unless we lived in the man clothes we will never realy know! By the way I have allways had a problem with the ambush account,I never took on the mob but I SURE AS HELL NOT TAKING MY WIFE ON ANY CALL I don't care what it is (and at 4am)COME ON!!!!
Wow, brilliant. You ought to see if Elam will let you write the forward in his book! Don't worry about the misspellings; you'll do JUST FINE. Hee hee.
Big D

Tulsa, OK

#395 Feb 19, 2013
statesrightser wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, brilliant. You ought to see if Elam will let you write the forward in his book! Don't worry about the misspellings; you'll do JUST FINE. Hee hee.
Ok Ok MY (gammmerr)might be a little off but that was 4:00 am and I didn't feel like getting my dictionary out to get it right so you can learn how to spell and I don't have it now so get your owen!!! Now for Mike and everyone out there I DON'T GIVE A [email protected]#T about this stuff
I liked the movie and the little about the true stuff of his life is ok but I really could care less!!!I just thought I could give another look at thee situation.And Mike you had a conversation with one of the other people about the ambush that killed his wife WELL HERE ONE fOR you buddy MUDER SUICIDE he shot his wife and then tried to commit suicide but miseddd any way just havin some fun with statronrer or rightseereor whatever he calls him or HER selvs
HAHAHA!!!! Later Mike don't give up and be satisfide one day.
JottumDown

Millington, TN

#396 Feb 19, 2013
Big Buford was to much a bully to commit suicide.
Big D

Tulsa, OK

#397 Feb 19, 2013
JottumDown wrote:
Big Buford was to much a bully to commit suicide.
I thank so to. I was just meessing with the otther gguy
Big D

Tulsa, OK

#398 Feb 20, 2013
statesrightser wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing and I'm done with this part I will admit I ain't book smart BUT I AM RETIRED at 41 with 2700.00 dollar a month income.So just becuase i con't spell does not mean i dumb I just happy enough to not care to be puctual and literate. Hows that gettin bater for ya there SKIPPY! Later HAVE FUN LIFE TO SHORT TO FRANKLY GIVE A DAMN!
Road Runner

Kalida, OH

#400 Feb 21, 2013
ken702 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rich, I am just surfing tonight and came across this old post. My Father was there that afternoon. My Mother and I found out about the shooting before my Father returned home when my sister in CA called (long distance at the time). She had heard it on national news. It has been many years and I was 12 at the time, but it is something I will never forget. As I remember it my father, Ewell Melvin was Jerry’s partner that day. It was at the end of their shift they had arrested a “drunk” my father called him and were writing the paper work up when Art told them to go home. Art then, as I was told, pulled his service revolver waving it back and forth saying “-----, I said go home”. Mc Daniel and Patrolman Lusk, who was working as dispatcher, jumped into the elevator behind the dispatcher’s desk. Lt. Inmann and Patrolman Melvin took cover in front of the dispatcher’s desk. Everyone now had their weapons drawn. Murphy fires a single shot hitting the opened end of the elevator door, which can still be seen today. Mc Daniel, right handed, placed his weapon in his left hand reaching outside the elevator door around the front wall firing to his right one blind shot striking murphy in the chest. I have a general memory there was another officer present taking refuge in the policeman lounge. These five men were no more than 15 to 20 feet apart.
This by far the most details of the shooting I have ever heard. Thanks for sharing this with us Ken702
Herman

Oak Ridge, TN

#402 Mar 8, 2013
Curious in McNairy wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's Just say that I very close to Betty Sparks and I was around the Anchor Club.. Betty had great respect for Buford Pusser. I don't know where Skeet Adkin's got that Betty paid Buford 500.00. I can tell you even tho Betty was Skeet's sister n law...they did not get along that great..Yes the Anchor club stayed open after hours and did sell beer on sundays... but I can tell you Buford never kept and money if any was given to him from the Anchor Club.
How do you know he didn't keep money??
Bob

Toney, AL

#404 Apr 2, 2013
Eelam, come to the Buford Pusser Festival in May and show your face. We can talk or whatever.
SOD

Humboldt, TN

#405 Apr 2, 2013
How many of us that know the truth would you like to show up?
walken tall ky

Mount Sterling, KY

#406 Apr 2, 2013
i been to Buford house I talk to his fa. What Mr pusser done was for the good for we lost a grate man law man the ones that don't believe are the ones probly brake the law they are still burford pussers out there and we are not going to put up with the drugs and the rest of the crap. We don't need it we don't want it and we are not going to take it
aldonquine j calhone

Nashville, TN

#407 Apr 3, 2013
walken tall ky wrote:
i been to Buford house I talk to his fa. What Mr pusser done was for the good for we lost a grate man law man the ones that don't believe are the ones probly brake the law they are still burford pussers out there and we are not going to put up with the drugs and the rest of the crap. We don't need it we don't want it and we are not going to take it
Is you retarded? or refarted?..What did Bufords Fa. say?...Hes been dead nearly 40 years....

Springdale, AR

#408 Apr 7, 2013
Bob wrote:
Eelam, come to the Buford Pusser Festival in May and show your face. We can talk or whatever.
Been there, done that. Waste of time. Who are you that we could talk..., or whatever? Is that supposed to sound ominous? I have heard that stuff for 10 years now.
Joe Shuras_Veteran Cop

Uxbridge, MA

#409 Apr 20, 2013
Okay, here's my name, Joe Shuras, Google it if you wish, look under Kenponet.com . you'll get an abrevaited bio under Professor Joe Shuras. For the A-HOLE who asked somewhere on this blog whether I was a real veteran cop or a member of the Pusser famiy. Well, I'm not hiding like you are, COWARD, come get some and that goes for any of you other losers who had some negative comments to make while hiding under your computer. You also stated I probably was never in McNairy and I should stick with the Boston Strangler (being from BOSTON STRONG) You see moran, I going to address not only you but the loser Mike Elam who at least has the balls to post his real name. Mike, baby, you had said once regarding Pusser taking on six men at Moore's Place that they were only COLLEGE STUDENTS! Well, Mike, it's 04/20/13, do you have the balls to come to Boston and say that now? In case you live in a cave, The Boston Marathon Bombing??? A 19 year old college student, athlete and wrestler along with his brother, a 26 year old college student, gym rat and golden gloves boxer.....come on Mike, they're JUST colege students!!!! Give it up. 90 per cent of the negative posts are directly from you. The other 10 per cent are from your AKAs and your apostles.. Mike you're not fool'n anyone. You are a Walmart Lost and Prevention Officer (nothing wrong with that) BUT who dreams to be a real L.E.O. Mike you're not and you will never be a cop. If Pusser was stil alive, you'd be a mouse, if he confronted you this would be your response" "AHHHHHH....BABABABA... Sorry, pal, but us 'REAL' cops have dealt with wannabees like you before. Oh, I know you and you folowers will have some stupid come back BUT the truth is if you really want to deal with me you will BUT like the other a-hole, you won't and you know it. If you decide otherwise, get intouch with me. I'd love to meet any of you guys....as they say in the Hispanic community, Mano-Mano..... When you read my bio, you wil be able to find me. PS: LEAVE THE PUSSER FAMILY ALONE!!!! THEY DON'T DESERVE IT AND YOU KNOW IT. IF YOU'RE ANY KIND OF A MAN AND HAVE ANY DESCENCY LEFT IN YOU, YOU WILL! GOT IT? LET THIS BULLSHIT END BECAUSE THAT'S ALL IT IS - BUSHIT! SOMEBODY IS GOING TO CALL YOU ON IT SOMEDAY AND ACTUALLY THEY'VE ALREADY HAVE.... IF YOU WANT TO RAG OUT ON SOMEONE, LET'S DO IT IN PERSON, YOU AND ME! Take care & be safe, Sincerely, Joe Shuras

Springdale, AR

#410 Apr 20, 2013
Joe Shuras_Veteran Cop wrote:
Okay, here's my name, Joe Shuras, Google it if you wish, look under Kenponet.com . you'll get an abrevaited bio under Professor Joe Shuras. For the A-HOLE who asked somewhere on this blog whether I was a real veteran cop or a member of the Pusser famiy. Well, I'm not hiding like you are, COWARD, come get some and that goes for any of you other losers who had some negative comments to make while hiding under your computer. You also stated I probably was never in McNairy and I should stick with the Boston Strangler (being from BOSTON STRONG) You see moran, I going to address not only you but the loser Mike Elam who at least has the balls to post his real name. Mike, baby, you had said once regarding Pusser taking on six men at Moore's Place that they were only COLLEGE STUDENTS! Well, Mike, it's 04/20/13, do you have the balls to come to Boston and say that now? In case you live in a cave, The Boston Marathon Bombing??? A 19 year old college student, athlete and wrestler along with his brother, a 26 year old college student, gym rat and golden gloves boxer.....come on Mike, they're JUST colege students!!!! Give it up. 90 per cent of the negative posts are directly from you. The other 10 per cent are from your AKAs and your apostles.. Mike you're not fool'n anyone. You are a Walmart Lost and Prevention Officer (nothing wrong with that) BUT who dreams to be a real L.E.O. Mike you're not and you will never be a cop. If Pusser was stil alive, you'd be a mouse, if he confronted you this would be your response" "AHHHHHH....BABABABA... Sorry, pal, but us 'REAL' cops have dealt with wannabees like you before. Oh, I know you and you folowers will have some stupid come back BUT the truth is if you really want to deal with me you will BUT like the other a-hole, you won't and you know it. If you decide otherwise, get intouch with me. I'd love to meet any of you guys....as they say in the Hispanic community, Mano-Mano..... When you read my bio, you wil be able to find me. PS: LEAVE THE PUSSER FAMILY ALONE!!!! THEY DON'T DESERVE IT AND YOU KNOW IT. IF YOU'RE ANY KIND OF A MAN AND HAVE ANY DESCENCY LEFT IN YOU, YOU WILL! GOT IT? LET THIS BULLSHIT END BECAUSE THAT'S ALL IT IS - BUSHIT! SOMEBODY IS GOING TO CALL YOU ON IT SOMEDAY AND ACTUALLY THEY'VE ALREADY HAVE.... IF YOU WANT TO RAG OUT ON SOMEONE, LET'S DO IT IN PERSON, YOU AND ME! Take care & be safe, Sincerely, Joe Shuras
First of all Joe, I am not a "wanna be cop" I'm a "already was cop". You need to get your facts straight.

For your information, I am writing a book regarding the REAL STORY of Buford Pusser and the state line. If you had the balls to to to McNairy County to interview some of the real players in that story, you might just understand just how full of crap that "WALKING TALL" was.

For one thing, when you examine the autopsy report filed on Louise Hathcock you will see that she was shot twice in the back by Sheriff Pusser before she was shot in the head as she lay on the floor. From what people who were there have said, it was not a case of self defense.

As for the alleged ambush, even Pauline's best friend Lavon Plunk, wife of Deputy Peatie Plunk, told me in an interview that Pauline was leaving Buford and planned to report his corruption to the FBI and TBI. Lavon was the last person to see her alive, approximately two hours before she (Pauline) was killed.

On top of that I have interviewed several people including Club owners, moonshiners and bootleggers that report that Pusser not only accepted, but demanded payoffs. Even Sheriff Grady Bingham of neighboring Alcorn County MS said Pusser was a "thug". Sheriff Clifford Coleman was not even that kind.

What I am trying to say loud mouth, is that you "Talk Tall", but you certainly don't walk the walk. Had you done a little research before you shot your big mouth off in that last post (no pun intended) I would not have cut you down to your real size so quickly.

Mike

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angel 1 hr Wow 1
Why isn't in either paper? 2 hr INDIANGURL68 5
what older girls are easy around town? (Apr '11) 2 hr Laura 22
Selmer pd 4 hr Spy 9
Beware Ladies 6 hr Homie 13
Because you're such a good mama... 9 hr Sad truth 26
Moma apron strangz Sat Creepisnotdivorced 1

Selmer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance