Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#367 Dec 28, 2012
And another thing when you try to convince these readers that Paul David English is one of your trusted informers then this tells us all just how far off track you are. If you would check with McNairy residents you would be told about English. There was never a person in that county who could come close to being as mean as Paul David English. Search around that county and find the people who lost their children because of the you know what david english sold them. This angers me more than anything you have done or said.One of those parents whose child died are my friends.
statesrightser

Ocean Springs, MS

#368 Dec 30, 2012
Adamsville wrote:
One thing for sure statesrightser if bullsht was electrity or enegry you would be a powerhouse.as of now you can't light a bulb.
How 'bout some specifics as to what I've said being bs...or wtf you are? Though, from what little there is to know about your opinions, I must say I wouldn't challenge your expertise in being familiar with fecal matter. Happy New Year.
kikiturbo

United States

#369 Jan 6, 2013
cooder wrote:
<quoted text>
You got balls Mike...taking down the people's hero like that...haha...but for me the truth is what matters.
No scars so Bufford couldn't have been cut up like that. The facts surrounding his wife's death are also alarming. The shell casings, blood on the hood, but the shot to the jaw is a hard one to get past.
I read the State Line Mob book by W.R Morris, the reason Pauline was with Buford that morning was because they were supposed to go visit her family and she went with him to hurry him along, so the book says. My question is what ever happened to Pearl? She was mentioned in the book as Pusser and Towhead's mistress. Maybe Pauline's death was staged to get her out of the way so Buford could be with Pearl. BTW Mike, I heard you came to Corinth to show people where all those notorious places were, I missed it, just wondering if you have any plans to do it again? Very interested in the story.

Since: Jul 09

Springdale, AR

#370 Jan 7, 2013
Pearl was old news to Buford by this time. He was involved with another young lady by this time. This was the same young woman he tried to force into his car just prior to the alleged ambush. She continues to live in the Selmer area. She was able to escape from him as she claims he was high on pills and booze.

We may do another tour sometime this spring.

Springdale, AR

#371 Jan 7, 2013
got_bufords_back wrote:
<quoted text>
For crap's sake Mike is going to blow a gasket Oh, he was an LEO, for about two minutes. That's a little exageration but not a whole lot. They either didn't have P.O.S.T. then, or were just getting started with it. Suffice to say that nobody is calling him for his professional opinion, or paying him for it, as they did Rex Armistead. Mike is nothing but a green-streaked back-stabbing ninny, acting like a third-grader, jumping up and down wetting his pants, screaming, "look at Me Look at me" And when it comes to this story he is nothing but a hateful, muckraking liar. I could say more but this is as much nice language that I can use, when it comes to 'ol leftover Joseph McCarthy there in Arkansas. For any one who wants the real story go to Google and search for Buford Pusser International and if Mike pulls down this post, I'll have proof of it.
The real story on Buford Pusser International???? All anyone has to do is ask you about that bogus photo of yours..., you know the one I speak of, to know that your site is hardly truthful,. Yes, its the one where YOU claim that it is proof positive that Buford was beaten and robbed at the Plantation Club. Ironically, the very same photo appears in Dwana's book "WALKING ON" where she claimed injuries were an auto accident.

I might also mention what you posted on Buford Pusser International about our bus tour last September and how you claim you contacted the Pusser Museum Curator and McNairy County Sheriff regarding the threat we posed. Funny thing is you forgot to mention that we had already made arrangement with the Sheriff for the tour. The media even did several articles regarding the tour with one of those being a story on the current Sheriff. If you want the real story about this maybe people should ask the Sheriff about it. And to think you call me a liar.

Oh, and lets not forget about how you thanked former Adamsville Police Chief Bill McCall for securing the museum during our September tour. Oops... Bill retire in July! This shows just what a low information and inaccurate individual you are.

Why don't you tell the truth and tell how I brought two bus loads of tourists, many of them Buford fans, to the museum. We supported the museum you moron. Not only were admissions paid but many bought souvenirs as well. You can't seem to get anything right, can you. I have open;y stated my support for the museum on "CRIMEMYTHS". And to think you suggest that people visit Buford Pusser International for the truth??? Now that really is laughable.

At least on Crimemyths we allow both sides of the story to be told....not just Buford's version of things. We allow people to post their thoughts on Crimemyths were as you refer to your own site as a "Newsletter" so that you can practice censorship allowing only your "Associate Editors" and a few Pusser supporters to post.

The real story is on "CRIMEMYTHS"...., not Buford Pusser International. Don't kid yourself. Even your user name shows your true agenda.

Mike
kikiturbo

United States

#372 Jan 9, 2013
My bf and I visited the Buford Pusser home and museum just a couple months ago. Very interesting I have to say. We spoke with the woman that gave the tour (fortunately we were the only two there that day), we spent at least 3 hours talking to her and I have to say Mike she didn't really care for you when I mentioned how you took people on a tour in September and how I would have loved to go on it but I found out a little too late to purchase tickets. She basically said that you were making up allegations and that she knew Buford personally and that he was not a crooked cop. Idk what really happened back then but I think that people have a right to know the whole story. So who was the other woman if it wasn't Pearl? See I mentioned Pearl's name to the woman at the museum and she said that she had no recollection of her and that she never read The State Line Mob book by Morris. I just wonder if she lied to save Pussers "wholesome image".
kikiturbo

United States

#373 Jan 10, 2013
I am originally from Michigan, I have only been living in Corinth for about 3yrs. I am very interested in Buford Pusser and the State Line Mob. My bf told me about the story and his dad happened to have the book and loaned it to me, I've been fascinated with the story ever since. What really bugs me is that they didn't preserve any of the famous places here in town like Louise Hathcock's house. My bf took me to where her house still stands to this day, it looks horrible, much like most of the houses and abandoned buildings here. You would think that Corinth would want to preserve her house, after all it is a piece of history. I know that she is the "bad guy" or at least one of them but it's like they are embarrassed and ashamed of what happened here so many years ago. Yet, Adamsville is so proud of the Buford Pusser museum and praise him for cracking down on the state line mob. Which putting an end to it is something to be proud of.
Iknow

Jackson, TN

#374 Jan 10, 2013
Yet, Adamsville is so proud of the Buford Pusser museum and praise him for cracking down on the state line mob. Which putting an end to it is something to be proud of.

Only the people who think they stand a chance to make a dollar from the museum are for it.

If the lady at the museuem personally knew pusser,she knew about Pearl.

Springdale, AR

#375 Jan 10, 2013
kikiturbo wrote:
My bf and I visited the Buford Pusser home and museum just a couple months ago. Very interesting I have to say. We spoke with the woman that gave the tour (fortunately we were the only two there that day), we spent at least 3 hours talking to her and I have to say Mike she didn't really care for you when I mentioned how you took people on a tour in September and how I would have loved to go on it but I found out a little too late to purchase tickets. She basically said that you were making up allegations and that she knew Buford personally and that he was not a crooked cop. Idk what really happened back then but I think that people have a right to know the whole story. So who was the other woman if it wasn't Pearl? See I mentioned Pearl's name to the woman at the museum and she said that she had no recollection of her and that she never read The State Line Mob book by Morris. I just wonder if she lied to save Pussers "wholesome image".
I would suggest that you visit crimemyths where you can see actual, photos, documents, FBI reports etc. There is a lot of material regarding the alleged ambush which points out the inconsistencies in Buford's story about Pauline's death. Just type crimemyths in the search box on your browser.

Springdale, AR

#376 Jan 10, 2013
kikiturbo wrote:
I am originally from Michigan, I have only been living in Corinth for about 3yrs. I am very interested in Buford Pusser and the State Line Mob. My bf told me about the story and his dad happened to have the book and loaned it to me, I've been fascinated with the story ever since. What really bugs me is that they didn't preserve any of the famous places here in town like Louise Hathcock's house. My bf took me to where her house still stands to this day, it looks horrible, much like most of the houses and abandoned buildings here. You would think that Corinth would want to preserve her house, after all it is a piece of history. I know that she is the "bad guy" or at least one of them but it's like they are embarrassed and ashamed of what happened here so many years ago. Yet, Adamsville is so proud of the Buford Pusser museum and praise him for cracking down on the state line mob. Which putting an end to it is something to be proud of.
I also find the history of the area to be intriguing. The story isn't simply about Buford Pusser. As for me, the only person who truly deserved the reputation he had was Carl Douglas "Towhead" White. He too has a very interesting story.
Story

Collierville, TN

#377 Jan 10, 2013
mikeelam wrote:
<quoted text> I would suggest that you visit crimemyths where you can see actual, photos, documents, FBI reports etc. There is a lot of material regarding the alleged ambush which points out the inconsistencies in Buford's story about Pauline's death. Just type crimemyths in the search box on your browser.
. I love the story of Buford you can't take movie and any reports to heart because its all done by a human! For one we all mistakes and two they call as they see it we will never know the truth about his wife's death! So let her rest also let him rest! It's old news and you will never get anything done if he was a fault for her death!

Springdale, AR

#378 Jan 10, 2013
Iknow wrote:
Yet, Adamsville is so proud of the Buford Pusser museum and praise him for cracking down on the state line mob. Which putting an end to it is something to be proud of.
Only the people who think they stand a chance to make a dollar from the museum are for it.
If the lady at the museuem personally knew pusser,she knew about Pearl.
I suggest that the lady could have known Buford, but not know Pearl. As a matter of fact, many of the so called "state liners" didn't know each other very well. In the movie they showed the state liners as a "organized syndicate" when in fact they were competitors who were willing to burn each others establishments down. The real story is far more interesting than the movie. "WALKING TALL" was far from being a documentary...about many things.
Dan

Marrero, LA

#379 Jan 11, 2013
Adamsville wrote:
One thing for sure statesrightser if bullsht was electrity or enegry you would be a powerhouse.as of now you can't light a bulb.
An old retired ATF Agent told me this story years ago….Probably over 20 years ago and he had long been retired then. I remember certain details vividly but am admittedly unclear on things such as location and will not research it for the purpose of honesty. This agent had worked a lot of moonshining in the early days…late 60’s early 70’s. He was out of the Memphis office. I have no idea where Sheriff Pusser’s county was but I only assume it was covered by Memphis.

The story went that the ATF Agent got word from an informant about a load of moonshine coming through so they set up and low and behold stopped and arrested a guy with a trunk full. However, it was not enough for Federal Prosecution so they were told to let the state prosecute it. It was in Sheriff Pusser’s County. The Agent drove the evidence and transferred the prisoner to Sheriff Pusser.(or a deputy, can’t really remember) and was told that they would definitely file state charges.

A week or so later the same informant told of another “bigger load” so they set up and took down the next load and arrested the driver. The interesting thing is this. When you seize evidence you always scratch your initials and the date on an inconspicuous location so that you can identify the evidence in court as the same evidence you seized.“Yes your honor, you can see my initials and the date scratched right here on the bottom so this is the moonshine I seized”. As the agent was marking the new load of shine, he turned them over to scratch his initials and found that his initials and date had already been scratched into the jugs. It was the same shine that he had seized and turned over to the Sheriff’s Office previously.

He was very taken aback and within a couple of hours he received a call from Sheriff Pusser himself and was told that he would like to see him because there was a “mix up in the property room”. The Agent drove and met the sheriff who was waiting behind his desk and said “come on in and have a seat” without getting up from his desk.

The ATF Agent said that he walked through the door toward the Sheriff and the door closed behind him. He turned around and saw a “very large deputy who was even bigger than the Sheriff that had been hiding behind the door and was now cross armed in front of the door”. Sheriff Pusser smiled and said something to the effect that ….We don’t like Feds in my county and you seem like a nice guy so I tell you what I’m going to do. I’m going to let you leave here today as long as you understand what I am about to tell you. You are not going to come back to….(insert County name), do you understand me? The guy simply said yes Sheriff I think I understand you perfectly well. Sheriff Pusser told him to have a safe trip home, shook his hand (which he recalled as huge) and the deputy opened the door for him as he left.

The Agent said that he didn’t know everything that the Sheriff was involved in but suspected that much of the “criminal clean up” that Sheriff Pusser did was to get rid of his own competition. Again, I don’t know if this is true, but the guy said that Pusser was a nice fellow, but that he was also a criminal with a badge. Either way the ATF Agent seemed honest, but that doesn’t mean he was. For the record I believe him, but I’ve been wrong before.
statesrightser

Ocean Springs, MS

#380 Jan 11, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
An old retired ATF Agent told me this story years ago….Probably over 20 years ago and he had long been retired then. I remember certain details vividly but am admittedly unclear on things such as location and will not research it for the purpose of honesty. This agent had worked a lot of moonshining in the early days…late 60’s early 70’s. He was out of the Memphis office. I have no idea where Sheriff Pusser’s county was but I only assume it was covered by Memphis.
The story went that the ATF Agent got word from an informant about a load of moonshine coming through so they set up and low and behold stopped and arrested a guy with a trunk full. However, it was not enough for Federal Prosecution so they were told to let the state prosecute it. It was in Sheriff Pusser’s County. The Agent drove the evidence and transferred the prisoner to Sheriff Pusser.(or a deputy, can’t really remember) and was told that they would definitely file state charges.
A week or so later the same informant told of another “bigger load” so they set up and took down the next load and arrested the driver. The interesting thing is this. When you seize evidence you always scratch your initials and the date on an inconspicuous location so that you can identify the evidence in court as the same evidence you seized.“Yes your honor, you can see my initials and the date scratched right here on the bottom so this is the moonshine I seized”. As the agent was marking the new load of shine, he turned them over to scratch his initials and found that his initials and date had already been scratched into the jugs. It was the same shine that he had seized and turned over to the Sheriff’s Office previously.
He was very taken aback and within a couple of hours he received a call from Sheriff Pusser himself and was told that he would like to see him because there was a “mix up in the property room”. The Agent drove and met the sheriff who was waiting behind his desk and said “come on in and have a seat” without getting up from his desk.
The ATF Agent said that he walked through the door toward the Sheriff and the door closed behind him. He turned around and saw a “very large deputy who was even bigger than the Sheriff that had been hiding behind the door and was now cross armed in front of the door”. Sheriff Pusser smiled and said something to the effect that ….We don’t like Feds in my county and you seem like a nice guy so I tell you what I’m going to do. I’m going to let you leave here today as long as you understand what I am about to tell you. You are not going to come back to….(insert County name), do you understand me? The guy simply said yes Sheriff I think I understand you perfectly well. Sheriff Pusser told him to have a safe trip home, shook his hand (which he recalled as huge) and the deputy opened the door for him as he left.
The Agent said that he didn’t know everything that the Sheriff was involved in but suspected that much of the “criminal clean up” that Sheriff Pusser did was to get rid of his own competition. Again, I don’t know if this is true, but the guy said that Pusser was a nice fellow, but that he was also a criminal with a badge. Either way the ATF Agent seemed honest, but that doesn’t mean he was. For the record I believe him, but I’ve been wrong before.
He can't be too nice if he basically threatened the agent to leave or else. I don't know what McNairy County deputy existed back then who was bigger than Pusser. I know what would happen in other fed agencies if such a threat had been issued by a sheriff to one of their guys, regardless of his hand size. If agents are threatened and there is suspicion of ongoing criminal activity to boot, multiple fed agencies would have opened fed criminal investigations into Pusser - there were none.

Location hidden

#381 Jan 11, 2013
Oh lord another story. This may be a real person writing this who was actually told this story. We all no this is not an accurate piece of information, so I just have to wonder if this is another aka. There never was a deputy bigger than Buford, Well, we will have to listen to Elam talk about this for years. I bet he loves it.
Dan

New Orleans, LA

#382 Jan 13, 2013
isthistheend1234 wrote:
Oh lord another story. This may be a real person writing this who was actually told this story. We all no this is not an accurate piece of information, so I just have to wonder if this is another aka. There never was a deputy bigger than Buford, Well, we will have to listen to Elam talk about this for years. I bet he loves it.
Another story it may be...I think I made it quite clear that I didn't know if it were true or not. I am in fact a real person and am willing to prove it, but that will not prove whether the story is true...or whether I am telling the truth for that matter. Just telling you what I was told.

it is obvious that some of you folks knew the sheriff and some of the characters involved with the story. Has anyone ever heard of an individual by the name of Pat Early? Ring a bell? Probably a small time criminal and I suspect he is now dead.

Dan

Location hidden

#383 Jan 13, 2013
Dan, after reading your post, I think you are the real person, and did hear this story. Please accept my apology.
Dan

New Orleans, LA

#384 Jan 13, 2013
Apology accepted. Really loved that first movie. Watched it as a kid.
ken702

Corinth, MS

#385 Jan 20, 2013
Rich wrote:
Im trying to find out who the person was that shot Art Murphy(The Police Chief of Cornith). Can anyone please answer this question for me.
Rich, I am just surfing tonight and came across this old post. My Father was there that afternoon. My Mother and I found out about the shooting before my Father returned home when my sister in CA called (long distance at the time). She had heard it on national news. It has been many years and I was 12 at the time, but it is something I will never forget. As I remember it my father, Ewell Melvin was Jerry’s partner that day. It was at the end of their shift they had arrested a “drunk” my father called him and were writing the paper work up when Art told them to go home. Art then, as I was told, pulled his service revolver waving it back and forth saying “-----, I said go home”. Mc Daniel and Patrolman Lusk, who was working as dispatcher, jumped into the elevator behind the dispatcher’s desk. Lt. Inmann and Patrolman Melvin took cover in front of the dispatcher’s desk. Everyone now had their weapons drawn. Murphy fires a single shot hitting the opened end of the elevator door, which can still be seen today. Mc Daniel, right handed, placed his weapon in his left hand reaching outside the elevator door around the front wall firing to his right one blind shot striking murphy in the chest. I have a general memory there was another officer present taking refuge in the policeman lounge. These five men were no more than 15 to 20 feet apart.
Iknow

Jackson, TN

#386 Jan 20, 2013
Was it Sonny,, the black cop? went on to work for the fire dept?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
them damn wallers 32 min bree 3
lashawn adams 38 min bree 5
Poisoning Dogs 45 min farmer 32
Freedom of speech? Connector Castings #2 1 hr Ruby 4
Ken seaton or Pamela d-rogers (Mar '13) 1 hr judyhite 14
what happened to the married cheating couples p... 6 hr Depressed barndrunk 6
State Farm 10 hr The farm 4

Freeze Watch for McNairy County was issued at March 26 at 4:14PM CDT

Selmer Dating
Find my Match