mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#280 Mar 24, 2011
thetruthbetold wrote:
I've worked on the history of B.P. for many years, I've talked to many people about the man known as a good / bad sheriff. I've talked to his daughter and asked the workers at the Pusser Home in Adamsville,Tn. I had my own investigation into Louise Hathcock shooting and with a open mind came up with two ways that shooting could have happened. But just like Mike this is just a guess on information of the facts and reports from that day. Soon I'll bring my info out and let my opinion known on these events that keeps everyone talking about the man known as Buford Pusser. And yes I'm a firm beliver in the pusser family. Know one won back when this all went down, All family members are left with pain and questions.
I am certain that you are correct when you say that the family is left with pain and questions. I'm sure they wonder why Diana gave an interview to Cammy Wilson and painted a picture of Buford in manner that she did. I also suspect that when they examine the real information that I have, they too have questions about Buford's version of things, questions they can not ask publicly.

I assume that they have questions about why there was very little if any hard information to back Buford's version of things that happened. Of all the shootings and stabbings he was involved in, there were never any witnesses to back his stories. If they are honest and up front, they have to ask themselves why no other McNairy law enforcement officer had any problems, after all, Chief Deputy Jim Moffett is on record saying that he was never in so much as a fight during that time.

We all have our theories about such things as the Hathcock shooting. The theories should include ALL information that is available to us..., such as , who the Vogels were, where they were from (near John Pusser in Illinois), the trajectory of the shot that Louise allegedly took that went through a window and into an awning support post. It should also include statements made by Howard Carroll to others regarding hearing Louise pleading for her life before shots were fired as well as the fact that an autopsy was performed on Louise Hathcock, yet the grand jury investigating her death was never informed of the existence this report.

I only hope that as a firm believer in the Pusser family that you can be objective and put these relationships aside as you form your theories.
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#282 Mar 24, 2011
ca96ms wrote:
More bull----! Who are Elam's relatives? Hadn't seen the list yet. Talks about "The Truth", well hell, show us all the truth about who Mike Elam really is and the real reason for pursuing THE LEGEND! Show us a relatives list (real one).You want folks to believe what your posting here, that's fine but first convince us all about yourself.
Oh my!!! You really are getting desperate, aren't you. People know who I am..., the real question is "who are you"? Why won't you provide information to show us who you really are and that you have actually had the career in law enforcement as you claim? With all of the information that I have provided about myself, People know I was involved in Law Enforcement. Tell us, with all of the information I have made available, why haven't you been able to prove that I am related to the Hathcocks as you claim?

Come to think of it..., where is the prove of any of your claims? I have been providing all kinds of information, whereas you have provided nothing. How about YOU convince us? What are you hiding???
Selmer

Lafayette, LA

#283 Mar 26, 2011
I asked Mikeelam point blank three times if he was related to Hathcock or Nix and he will not answer. As a matter of fact, I even found a post from him on another thread and reposted. He had ALL of my posts removed. I guess for abuse. How is exposing someone for who they are abuse. WHO ARE YOU mikeelam?????????
Selmer

Lafayette, LA

#285 Mar 26, 2011
Who are you Peggy???
Selmer

Lafayette, LA

#286 Mar 26, 2011
I am not sure who Mikeelam is but I can guarantee that he is related to Hathcock or Nix. I heard about a year ago that Nix's niece popped up and was trying to start rumors about Buford to make her family and the state line mob look better. After all, Mikeelam has interviewed many people that said Buford was corrupt. What do you think a bunch of criminals are going to say. "Oh, he was a great man and we were bad people"? No, they are going to say that they were abused by him or we were paying him off, If he were really LE he would realize that. I don't doubt that he broke the law at times. It was a war! many men against one. He had the sheriff's office behind him but he was the target. After they murdered his wife do you blame him for making it personal? I don't!!!
Selmer

Lafayette, LA

#287 Mar 26, 2011
There was nothing ever in the accident report that said that Buford was drinking. That is all fabricated by his enemies!
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#288 Mar 27, 2011
Selmer wrote:
I asked Mikeelam point blank three times if he was related to Hathcock or Nix and he will not answer. As a matter of fact, I even found a post from him on another thread and reposted. He had ALL of my posts removed. I guess for abuse. How is exposing someone for who they are abuse. WHO ARE YOU mikeelam?????????
I have stated many times that I am related to no one connected to this story. I have also stated that I am not Mike Vance as ca96ms has suggested. I have not had any of your posts removed. I'm sorry, but you have apparently been misinformed about many things.
Selmer

Lafayette, LA

#289 Mar 27, 2011
Mikeelam I did apologies to you on another thread and do again on this one. There are two threads that are exactly the same. Same people same everything only 286 posts instead of 1900.
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#290 Mar 27, 2011
Selmer wrote:
Mikeelam I did apologies to you on another thread and do again on this one. There are two threads that are exactly the same. Same people same everything only 286 posts instead of 1900.
No problem.
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#291 Mar 28, 2011
Selmer wrote:
There was nothing ever in the accident report that said that Buford was drinking. That is all fabricated by his enemies!
You need to speak with Paul Ervin. He was the trooper who worked the accident. Its amazing what you can learn when you talk to the people that were really there.
davidc

Knoxville, TN

#292 Apr 1, 2011
This stuff blows me away.I grew up watching the movies and thinking that most of the stuff in them were true,I had watched some video's on youtube about the ambush and how there was no way it could have happened the way he claimed it did,so I watched all of the movies today and now wondered upon this.Do the so called John Whitter,Pinkie Dobson,John Henry,or any of the people exist?I know names may have been changed but did the people they portray exist?
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#293 Apr 1, 2011
davidc wrote:
This stuff blows me away.I grew up watching the movies and thinking that most of the stuff in them were true,I had watched some video's on youtube about the ambush and how there was no way it could have happened the way he claimed it did,so I watched all of the movies today and now wondered upon this.Do the so called John Whitter,Pinkie Dobson,John Henry,or any of the people exist?I know names may have been changed but did the people they portray exist?
Buell Jaggers who operated the Lucky Spot in the movie was W.O. Hathcock who operated the Plantation Club in real life. The fictious character Pinky Dobson was most closely related to the real life Paul David English. Caly Hacker was meant to represent the real life Louise Hathcock who operated the Shamrock. John Witter, in my opinion, was a composite of several real life people...,including Towhead White, Ray Blanton etc. The movie took a few real life events, embellished them greatly and came up with "Walking Tall".

For more information just type the word crimemyths in your internet search box.
thetruthbetold

Benton, AR

#294 Apr 1, 2011
History has proven there is always two sides to every story. Look at the shooting of JFK. I have been detained for several weeks and looking at my last trip to McNairy in a couple of weeks. I can say yes there were sides to Buford. Good and bad, the questions here is his 6 years as sheriff. Yes he bent the law! Yes he had problems with some clubs and he made a point give them special attention. The clubs that played ball and did not cause concerns to him were safe. This is still true in law enforcement today.I'm at the end of my journey in this history of Buford Pusser. The movies are 10% fact we always knew this. What I've learned over the last two years will be a eye opening to many on both sides of this time in history. Will be back soon with a update.
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#295 Apr 3, 2011
thetruthbetold wrote:
History has proven there is always two sides to every story. Look at the shooting of JFK. I have been detained for several weeks and looking at my last trip to McNairy in a couple of weeks. I can say yes there were sides to Buford. Good and bad, the questions here is his 6 years as sheriff. Yes he bent the law! Yes he had problems with some clubs and he made a point give them special attention. The clubs that played ball and did not cause concerns to him were safe. This is still true in law enforcement today.I'm at the end of my journey in this history of Buford Pusser. The movies are 10% fact we always knew this. What I've learned over the last two years will be a eye opening to many on both sides of this time in history. Will be back soon with a update.
We agree on one thing..., that being that "Walking Tall was only about 10% fact. According to many people I have interviewed, Buford didn't just "bend" the law as you suggest..., he broke it. There is a big difference. You suggest that some clubs "played ball" with the late sheriff. Were these the ones that have admitted to making payoffs to Pusser? Is that what you call "playing ball"? By the estimations of many who lived the real story along with Buford, he was out to make money and used his badge to do it.
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#297 Apr 3, 2011
ca96ms wrote:
Here in the real world, we all are accountable for our actions. Elam, you my friend are really going to have problems when certain folks decide it's time to bring you forward and prove everything you've posted on here about BP. They'll be no forum to run to shoot your mouth off and they'll be no little group of Elam backers to turn to. So, you just keep on running your mouth and bashing Buford. Your an adult, you should know better. There's other ways to research Pusser without the bashing and character degrading. Continue on,idiot!
OK..., here goes. In the real world, as he was promoting the movie "Walking Tall", Buford claimed the movie was 85 to 90% true. Since then we have established that it wasn't , meaning that Buford impaired his own credibility by having made that rediculous claim. We now know that Buford never routinely carried a big stick, that there is no proof that the was ever attacked at the Plantation Club as he claimed and that even he denied being involved in the Plantation Club robbery only to then allow it to be shown in the movie. Credibility...he has very little.
Since then, others related to to the late sheriff have also led people to believe the movie was true. They haven't however provided proof that he routinely carried a big stick, that he was ever attacked at the Plantation Club as he claimed, nor have they addressed many claims of others still living that Buford accepted payoffs. There has been no effort to explain the inconsistencies in the Louise Hathcock shooting. Buford told one story about her wounds..., the recently released autopsy story told another.
We don't see a copy of the Louise Hathcock autopsy report prominently displayed at the Pusser Home and Museum.., why?..., it is a state document and is factual.
Dwana and Helen contended in many published reports that Buford was the victim of a murder even though officials have concluded that Buford died of accidental causes. Where is the proof of those claims?
No one related to Buford has made given a satisfactory explanation of why Diane Vance told journalist Cammy Wilson the things she did in those newspaper and magazine articles. Diane had her side of the story that doesn't agree with what others related to Buford say...why didn't these people that you suggest may come after me attack Diane???
There are numerous accounts of public officials that disagreed with the "Walking Tall" version of things. We were told a story that some people claim to be true, yet these same people can not provide proof that it was and you think they might come after me for expressing a different point of view??? Think of the can of worms that would open.
Some people have been selling "big sticks", DVDs and other merchandise while promoting a legend that, under just a little scrutiny, is questionable at best. Would they want to stir up trouble that might bring them under scrutiny?
Others have written books for a profit without offering proof of their claims in what was referred to as an "official biography".
Others yet made movies and yes, the movie stated it was "based on certain events in the life of Sheriff Buford Pusser" and then promoted the movie in trailer and ads as a "true story". I doubt thes people are looking for trouble. What could they gain as compared to what they have to lose?
I suggest to you that all of these people might place themselves in a very vulnerable position where they would be required to finally provide proof of all their claims if they were to start attacking people who disagree with them. Why place their cash cows in jeopardy by attacking people who have questions.
They haven't provided proof of all their claims yet..., could they do it at all? That could completely destroy the legend and that would be just the tip of the iceberg. Think about that before you try to paint some one as an idiot. Your scare tactics don't work here.
Selmer

Lafayette, LA

#298 Apr 4, 2011
mikeelam wrote:
<quoted text>
OK..., here goes. In the real world, as he was promoting the movie "Walking Tall", Buford claimed the movie was 85 to 90% true. Since then we have established that it wasn't , meaning that Buford impaired his own credibility by having made that rediculous claim. We now know that Buford never routinely carried a big stick, that there is no proof that the was ever attacked at the Plantation Club as he claimed and that even he denied being involved in the Plantation Club robbery only to then allow it to be shown in the movie. Credibility...he has very little.
Since then, others related to to the late sheriff have also led people to believe the movie was true. They haven't however provided proof that he routinely carried a big stick, that he was ever attacked at the Plantation Club as he claimed, nor have they addressed many claims of others still living that Buford accepted payoffs. There has been no effort to explain the inconsistencies in the Louise Hathcock shooting. Buford told one story about her wounds..., the recently released autopsy story told another.
We don't see a copy of the Louise Hathcock autopsy report prominently displayed at the Pusser Home and Museum.., why?..., it is a state document and is factual.
Dwana and Helen contended in many published reports that Buford was the victim of a murder even though officials have concluded that Buford died of accidental causes. Where is the proof of those claims?
No one related to Buford has made given a satisfactory explanation of why Diane Vance told journalist Cammy Wilson the things she did in those newspaper and magazine articles. Diane had her side of the story that doesn't agree with what others related to Buford say...why didn't these people that you suggest may come after me attack Diane???
There are numerous accounts of public officials that disagreed with the "Walking Tall" version of things. We were told a story that some people claim to be true, yet these same people can not provide proof that it was and you think they might come after me for expressing a different point of view??? Think of the can of worms that would open.
Some people have been selling "big sticks", DVDs and other merchandise while promoting a legend that, under just a little scrutiny, is questionable at best. Would they want to stir up trouble that might bring them under scrutiny?
Others have written books for a profit without offering proof of their claims in what was referred to as an "official biography".
Others yet made movies and yes, the movie stated it was "based on certain events in the life of Sheriff Buford Pusser" and then promoted the movie in trailer and ads as a "true story". I doubt thes people are looking for trouble. What could they gain as compared to what they have to lose?
I suggest to you that all of these people might place themselves in a very vulnerable position where they would be required to finally provide proof of all their claims if they were to start attacking people who disagree with them. Why place their cash cows in jeopardy by attacking people who have questions.
They haven't provided proof of all their claims yet..., could they do it at all? That could completely destroy the legend and that would be just the tip of the iceberg. Think about that before you try to paint some one as an idiot. Your scare tactics don't work here.
Thanks Mike- I think you have finally helped me see the light! With an open mind you can see what really happened! Who is CA
Selmer

Lafayette, LA

#299 Apr 4, 2011
Who is CA96MS?
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#300 Apr 5, 2011
Selmer wrote:
Who is CA96MS?
He is a nameless induividual, a coward who refuses to back up his claims that he is a former law enforcement officer. He is a person with no real knowledge of what this thread was designed to discuss. Ca96ms is a troublemaker who hides in the shadows so that he can snipe at those who wish to contribute to this thread.

Ca96ms is a self centered person with a lust for attention. He is a fraud, a fake and a total misrepresentation of a decent human being.

Thats who ca96ms is.
whisperer

Corinth, MS

#301 Apr 5, 2011
Mike you are devoted to this story.
David

Lexington, TN

#302 Apr 5, 2011
mikeelam wrote: Ca96ms is a self centered person with a lust for attention. He is a fraud, a fake and a total misrepresentation of a decent human being.

The pot calling the kettle black?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Married women who cheat ? 5 hr Post 31
Boys In House Between Selmer & Bethel 6 hr JoJo 11
Who is this isaac cagle guy? (Jan '11) 11 hr Boomerang 39
Who Bobbie Joyner 13 hr Just curious 1
mary s (Feb '16) Mon just saying 35
Sorry Business People Mon Jackson 5
NB...who am i Mon Freddie Washington 3

Selmer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance