WTF

Nashville, TN

#242 Jan 27, 2011
I dont see what it matters to Mike? If he had no personal involvement in the Pusser era, let it be. Whoopty Do if you find out he did some wrongdoing. What does it do? whooo the truth is out! haha you can print an article in local paper now MAN FINDS OUT TRUTH ABOUT PUSSER! why dont you find out the truth on Jimmy Hoffa too..ppl seemed closed mouth there too for some reason..oh and the surroundings of Elvis' death and maybe he is really alive. It has and always will be.. People will believe what they want to believe. And thats the end of the story. Nothing you write in an internet forum would make me think any differently. Oh check into Marilyn Monroe too while you're at it..the world may want to know. Maybe when you are dead and buried ppl can start digging up myths about your life as well. Maybe your family would like them posted on the internet.
little dumpling

Jackson, TN

#244 Jan 27, 2011
I am neither for or against apathy.
TheMeterManToldM e

Westerville, OH

#245 Jan 31, 2011
I have been following all of this for as many years as you have. I think that I have some information that might be of use to you. Not much, just something I came across quite accidentally one night whilst telling a joke in a restaurant I managed in TN. I'm not putting it out here on the net but I've visited that Museum a lot and I've asked a couple of questions. Answers were interesting. So if you're the person you say you are and you really want to add an additional piece of the puzzle that I've never seen mentioned in or on this thread then contact me at [email protected] Thanks
mikeelam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hoot NC I sometimes wish I were wrong to but every time I turn around I find something else that keeps me right where I am at. I have post on crimemyths a document from an FBI file where an FBI agent, an investigator from the TBI and Sheriff Pusser are at the Shamrock so the FBI agent can ask Towhead White about "Cecil Douglas" who was licensed to operate the White Iris.
White states that he does not know the whereabouts of Cecil Douglas, when in fact, Cecil Douglas was one of Whites aliases. This document was dated February 18, 1965. Pusser had been sheriff for six month. I think it is reasonable to assume that he knew the identity of every club operator..., especially those at the state line.
Now, I know that Pusser knew Towhead White as he is said to have attended a "celebration" thron in Towhead's honor at the Shamrock on May 22,1964..., the same night that Jack Hathcock was allegedly killed by Louise.
So, doesn't it seem strange that Sheriff Pusser didn't tip of the FBI agent that Towhead White and Cecil Douglas were the same person?
WTF

Nashville, TN

#246 Feb 1, 2011
and why are you so SET on finding the truth just on Pusser? duhhhh the truth is not going to change anything..like I said... People will still believe what they want to believe and nobody can change their mind. There will also be believers and non-believers in everything..its what makes the world go round. Me, I have a LIFE and enjoy more things than just trying to annoy other people's lives :) I will not post again because like I said..I have a life and beliefs and nobody can change those.
david

Mesa, AZ

#248 Feb 2, 2011
I was wondering why there was not an autopsy done on Bufford Pusser? Being as famous as he was and since his own mother thought he was poisoned at the county fair before he left the county fair.Also why did'nt any of Bufford's brothers ever try to get involved in helping him in some way?What happened to his video taped rehearsal of the sequel Buford he was to potray himself in?This should be available to his fans also to view.Where can a report be found on the reason Buford Pusser's car sped out of control and crashed on the day of his death.What exactly does this report tell us of information on foul play?What happened to Bufford's deputies after buford died? Was one of them murdered who happened to be of a black skined color?
Sabra Sheedy

Littleton, CO

#257 Feb 12, 2011
I believe people should leave the pusser family the hell alone! I also think that bufford was probably killed on his final day! I do think that it could'nt hurt to have more sheriff's like him to many pansy sheriff;s out there who won't stand up for the people like he did. I wish that he was still alive! Leave his family alone, why do they need to come out of hiding? The story is done! He was a man of great stength and dedication who would'nt lay down nor let himself be bribed like the other people of the town! Take a good long look at yourself people, mabe you have something to hide. Let it go.
Norman

Jackson, TN

#260 Feb 12, 2011
mikeelam wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a good long look at yourself and you will see a person who has been suckered into believing a story that isn't true. Have you visited McNairy County? Have you talked to any of the people there who say that Buford was part of the problem there rather than part of the solution?
Buford was indeed killed on his final day, but not by "state liners" or some mythical "syndicate". He crashed his own car when he chose to drive his Corvette at excessive speeds while intoxicated. What kind of example was that? Do you really think we need more sheriffs like that? "Leave the Pusser family the hell alone"? No one is doing anything to them. They are promoting an image of Buford that many think is an incorrect image. Are you suggesting that others shouldn't look for facts or learn the true story? What is wrong with you?
You have conclusive proof that he was intoxicated and driving at excessive speed wheb he killed himself?
Norman

Jackson, TN

#262 Feb 12, 2011
McNairy wrote:
<quoted text>
He (Buford) did not admit to drinking. I think he said he only had one or two.
Well thats conclusive enough for me.
HAHAHAHA

Nashville, TN

#265 Feb 15, 2011
well we now know Mike is also McNairy..he answers his own questions..he is probably norman too..he prob in group therapy for all his personalities :)
Norman

Jackson, TN

#267 Feb 15, 2011
mikeelam wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Dr Jerry Francisco, Pusser blood alcohol was .18
First I have heard of this, dan you expound more?
Norman

Jackson, TN

#268 Feb 15, 2011
Should read CAN you expound more.
Tatum

United States

#270 Feb 23, 2011
mikeelam wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably would know. What other myths of the Pusser Legend could he put to rest?
The only thing I can think of is the fact that Buford did not carry a big stick. I have asked him questions in which the response was "can't discuss it, that's attorney-client privilege". Is there anything you would like me to ask Judge Tatum? He's nearly 86, won't be around much longer.
outlaw1944

Millington, TN

#272 Feb 25, 2011
Funny to see people who were not even there put their "theories" as to what happened in McNairy County back in the late 60's early 70's. I was there and knew Buford personally. Those of us who grew up there knew what the real story was. It was a small town and we knew everything. I don't have the time to debate it but it is funny to see how someone from MA or AR can put a spin on something that happened so long ago.
mikeelam

Bella Vista, AR

#273 Feb 25, 2011
outlaw1944 wrote:
Funny to see people who were not even there put their "theories" as to what happened in McNairy County back in the late 60's early 70's. I was there and knew Buford personally. Those of us who grew up there knew what the real story was. It was a small town and we knew everything. I don't have the time to debate it but it is funny to see how someone from MA or AR can put a spin on something that happened so long ago.
No offense intended but many of these theories are based on what has been told by people who interacted with Buford..., not just knew him. These people lived their part of the same story. Some were law enforcement officers. Some were state liners and their families. Others were Pauline's friends while some were Buford's friends.

There was a side of Buford that he did not allow everyone to see. Did you ever make a payoff to Buford? Did you hang out with Pauline? Did you work with Buford? If so, tell us about your experiences as these other people have. Maybe then we will base a theory on your experiences..., when they can be verified.
Seriously

Forrest City, AR

#274 Feb 26, 2011
He's dead. Let him RIP.
Rad Runner

Leipsic, OH

#275 Feb 26, 2011
Tatum wrote:
<quoted text> The only thing I can think of is the fact that Buford did not carry a big stick. I have asked him questions in which the response was "can't discuss it, that's attorney-client privilege". Is there anything you would like me to ask Judge Tatum? He's nearly 86, won't be around much longer.
Attorney-Client privilege is no longer. Once the client is dead and the estate is settle, no longer works. I believe Lloyd Tatum was fired by Mrs. Pusser. You could ask him about the parties at Pickwick.
mikeelam

Bella Vista, AR

#276 Feb 26, 2011
Seriously wrote:
He's dead. Let him RIP.
Thats right..., he's dead..., but many of the people whose lives he adversely impacted are still living and many of them would like for the world to hear their version of the "Walking Tall" story. Their story isn't anything like we saw in the fictitious movie about Buford Pusser. One of Pauline's friends was with Pauline just hours before she was murdered in that alleged ambush. This friend's world was forever changed by Pauline's death..., a death that many suspect was of Buford's doing.

W.O. Hathcock's family was also effected by the "Walking Tall" sheriff. Buford may be gone but these people are still living too. The movie was a total misrepresentation of Buford's interaction with them. Buford never offered one bit of evidence that he was ever beaten and robbed at the club as was shown in the movie. Take a look at Buford's photos taken during that time. Where are the scars he suffered from that alleged attack? Why are there no records that it ever happened? That alleged event has followed them every day of their lives.

Louise Hathcock..., yes, she was a criminal, but her death was nothing like what was shown in the movie. In reality was shot twice in the back, while begging for her life according to some, before being shot in the head as she lay on the floor. She has a granddaughter, a couple of nieces as well as a couple of nephews that are still coping with how her death was handled by authorities. Again, the movie "WALKING TALL" showed a fictitious version of her death. Buford claimed the movie version was true, but Hathcock's autopsy report, an official state sanctioned document, shows otherwise.

I could go on and tell more stories about other people who had their lives adversely impacted by Buford. But what would be the point as there are so many similar stories.

You say Buford is dead..., let him rest in peace. What do you say to the rest of these people who are still living who never had their story told? They just want people to know the truth about the "WALKING TALL" sheriff. Don't they deserve some consideration?
thetruthbetold

United States

#277 Mar 13, 2011
I've worked on the history of B.P. for many years, I've talked to many people about the man known as a good / bad sheriff. I've talked to his daughter and asked the workers at the Pusser Home in Adamsville,Tn. I had my own investigation into Louise Hathcock shooting and with a open mind came up with two ways that shooting could have happened. But just like Mike this is just a guess on information of the facts and reports from that day. Soon I'll bring my info out and let my opinion known on these events that keeps everyone talking about the man known as Buford Pusser. And yes I'm a firm beliver in the pusser family. Know one won back when this all went down, All family members are left with pain and questions.

Lexington, SC

#278 Mar 19, 2011
McNairy wrote:
<quoted text>
Look idiot,,you see one location ark,,the other tn,,explain that??now you realize why you are a idiot????? hahahahahhahehehehehehhahahah stand in the corner with the idiot stick..hahahahahahahahah you cannot beat truth......
It is very easy to explain. On Topix, you can change your location from post to post very easily by at least two means. One is to use a proxy server which allows for changing ISP's from one minute to the next. Also, I had a Verizon Wireless air card at one time which allowed me to bounce around within a 200 mile radius of where I was, with regard to what location was showing, just by disconnecting and rebooting the air card. It isn't rocket science.

Corinth, MS

#279 Mar 20, 2011
First. I am the "guest" from the other thread not the "guest" above but I do agree with the above guest. I looked and thee is TWO threads. Please refer to my posts on the other one because the same applies here. i cannot imagine why there are two threads. This is sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
have you ever 50 min Styrene salami 5
Stolen truck girl forged name on title 1 hr Curious 2
crystal hammermeister 2 hr Whut 5
April 2 hr Whut 2
Man up 2 hr Whut 12
michelle zamora 2 hr Whut 3
the bi curious/sexual guys that claim to be str... (May '12) Apr 27 Anna 46
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Selmer Mortgages