Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that Brad Keselowski, who won this year's Nascar Championship after 36 grueling races, should cut the trophy into little pieces and give it to all the other drivers?
The Valedictorian in high school should take all those A's he or she worked so hard for and give some of them to those who sat around smoking dope?
It sounds like we should outlaw winning. Our schools have pretty much done that. We give trophies to the losers so they won't feel bad. We give out gold stars for trying - accuracy is less important than feeling good.
This country under capitalism, has moved mankind beyond anyone's imagination, and it's done it faster than any previous society.
But, since some can't seem to keep up, we need to change all that. All we'll do is stifle innovation. Your beloved progress will slow to a crawl. And our society will slowly die from lack of interest.
Class envy and warfare has gone on since the beginning of time. The French cut off Marie Antionette's head, but did it make one poor person less poor? NO!
The Russians purged the Czars and replaced them with communists to be more fair. Did that help the poor? No. It enslaved them. At least they had a reason to be poor - the government made it that way.
Is capitalism perfect? No. But it sure beats the alternatives.
If you want equality, you'll have to talk to our maker. He, she or it, is the source of inequality. He gave Frank Sinatra a great voice. Most of us didn't get one.
But you know, I attended a karaoke event the other day. There was a person there whose voice was even better than Frank's. So why wasn't he as rich an popular as Sinatra?
Determination, motivation, and a dying need to succeed. The karaoke person accepted failure. Sinatra didn't. That doesn't mean he didn't fail - he just didn't ACCEPT it.
The reason the poor are poor is that they have accepted their lot in life. They have achieved their level of incompetence. Unfortunately, GIVING them things only makes them accept their level of achievement more. Why work harder if they''re gonna gimme stuff? What a country.
We've become a nation of pussies. RIP America. It's all over but for the fat lady to sing.
Capitalism is a great system IF it has reasonable regulation which prevents the amassing of great wealth in a few hands. Let's forget about Russian history and French history for a moment and look at American history. The robber baron era consolidated great wealth in a few hands and ended in a deep depression. The roaring twenties AGAIN conslidated great wealth in the hands of a relative few and again ended in depression and the 2000's returned the same result.
This country, ESPECIALLY since we have become a consumer driven economy, can not prosper with consolidation of wealth at the top and a vast minimum wage underclass. A consumer economy depends on disposable income and a minimum wage worker has none.
In 1960 the top income tax rate was 91% and the rich were STILL rich, but the middle class was growing and so were wages and benefits for average workers. You can not convince me or most thinking people that a top ta rate of 39% will suddenly end the republic as we know it. I KNOW better, no matter how many times you repeat it.
The funny thing is, the same arguments are made against the policies of this President that were made against FDR in the 1930's. MOST of Roosevelt's policies were enacted and he ushered in the biggest expansion of the economy in the history of this nation.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
A nest? you mean kinda like Rattlesnakes or Scorpions nests? Yeah, that's about right, I'd say! Lucky us! They have to get that venom flowing, to go torment their Employees that are making them money, you know!
Good Morning, OT!:)
Good Morning my friend ! I was actually thinking more along the lines of a nest of Dodo birds.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares about the GOP? The only difference in the spineless GOP and the spineless Democraps is that the GOP'ers bathe.
"Angry"!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Marco Rubio, a graduate of the University of Miami, a U.S. Senator (R-Fla.) does not know how old the earth is.
We as a country need to be leading in science, not going back to the "Dark Ages".
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>"Angry"!
Yep ! So angry that he kept the same screen name for three posts in a row !
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times must you "intellectuals" be told that I'm having the time of my life slapping the shit out of the Common Man? It's so much better than wasting my life watching NASCAR or the AlGore channel.
boogity boogity boogitry global warming is real!!!!
I'm not an "Intellectual", but thanks anyway. If this is your kind of fun, may I suggest you might have more fun playing X-Box 360.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharing shit is more like it. What's next, fecal matter from Media Matters?
Man, you Guys harp about living by the Constitution, all the time, but you certainly don't want ANY Free Speech or exchange of information, if it doesn't go along with your narrow point of view. Shut up everybody else's opinion that isn't your opinion...isn't that what the Nazi's did in Germany before they started killing the Jews? Yes, it is! they banned all Books and stopped free speech for everybody , but themselves.
Get over it, Jack, that ain't gonna happen in this Country whether you like it or not!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Yep ! So angry that he kept the same screen name for three posts in a row !
Yept OT, he is on a roll!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times must you "intellectuals" be told that I'm having the time of my life slapping the shit out of the Common Man? It's so much better than wasting my life watching NASCAR or the AlGore channel.
boogity boogity boogitry global warming is real!!!!
Huh...I could have sworn that you were the One getting slapped around...that's what you said and what you've been whining about, incessantly, for over a year!

Oh, my poor bottom-line, Boo Hoo Hoo...oh, my poor wallet, Boo hoo hoo, has been your Mantra, it seems like FOREVER!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Yept OT, he is on a roll!
I'd like to give him a "Roll" and I DON'T mean in the hay! I mean, down a rock-covered Hill...head first! Speaking of head...he's starting to give me another headache! I've decided that's these Idiots making my Blood Pressure go up!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to give him a "Roll" and I DON'T mean in the hay! I mean, down a rock-covered Hill...head first! Speaking of head...he's starting to give me another headache! I've decided that's these Idiots making my Blood Pressure go up!
Yeah, your right Sassy, I think I'll be back later.......in the mean time take something for your headache, and watch your blood pressure. Take care.
Omen

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

The most transparent administration in the history of man is about to read your e-mail.

“A Senate proposal touted as protecting Americans' e-mail privacy has been quietly rewritten, giving government agencies more surveillance power than they possess under current law.“

OUCH!

“CNET has learned that Patrick Leahy, the influential Democratic chairman of the Senate Judiciary committee, has dramatically reshaped his legislation in response to law enforcement concerns. A vote on his bill, which now authorizes warrantless access to Americans' e-mail, is scheduled for next week.“

And you idiots complained about the Patriot Act. Now they can read your email. And just WHO is authorized to do this?

Just 22 agencies -- including the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Communications Commission -- to access Americans' e-mail, Google Docs files, Facebook wall posts, and Twitter direct messages without a search warrant. It also would give the FBI and Homeland Security more authority, in some circumstances, to gain full access to Internet accounts without notifying either the owner or a judge.

“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” Benjamin Franklin

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Omen wrote:
The most transparent administration in the history of man is about to read your e-mail.
“A Senate proposal touted as protecting Americans' e-mail privacy has been quietly rewritten, giving government agencies more surveillance power than they possess under current law.“
OUCH!
“CNET has learned that Patrick Leahy, the influential Democratic chairman of the Senate Judiciary committee, has dramatically reshaped his legislation in response to law enforcement concerns. A vote on his bill, which now authorizes warrantless access to Americans' e-mail, is scheduled for next week.“
And you idiots complained about the Patriot Act. Now they can read your email. And just WHO is authorized to do this?
Just 22 agencies -- including the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Communications Commission -- to access Americans' e-mail, Google Docs files, Facebook wall posts, and Twitter direct messages without a search warrant. It also would give the FBI and Homeland Security more authority, in some circumstances, to gain full access to Internet accounts without notifying either the owner or a judge.
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” Benjamin Franklin
Apparently you don't recall something called the "Terrorist Surveillance Program." How convenient that NOW you are suddenly upset about warrantless wiretapping.
Skipster

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you don't recall something called the "Terrorist Surveillance Program." How convenient that NOW you are suddenly upset about warrantless wiretapping.
Have you hugged a terrorist today?
BC Alien

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

So what you're saying is that Brad Keselowski, who won this year's Nascar Championship after 36 grueling races, should cut the trophy into little pieces and give it to all the other drivers?

Well you didn't make that by yourself! It took a strong federal government chasing moonshiners to make NASCAR.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever had sex with a woman? No need to answer that one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you've switched from wearing Mommy's dresses to wearing other posters' user names.
Omen

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not upset at all. I expect it form a country that sits back and watches Homeland Security become the most powerful agency ever.

I'm just surprised that people like you who complained about the Patriot Act, have nothing to say about this stomping of liberty.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not upset at all. I expect it form a country that sits back and watches Homeland Security become the most powerful agency ever.
I'm just surprised that people like you who complained about the Patriot Act, have nothing to say about this stomping of liberty.
By your own admission, you're not actually upset about the "stomping of liberty," but rather that liberals AREN'T upset about it? Seems pretty shallow.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Omen wrote:
OUCH!
I believe most of this is old news, as the C.I.A. monitors 5 million tweets a day..........24/7
BTW, your CNET report is flawed!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Selmer Forum right now

Search the Selmer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff's race 2014 5 hr What 1,987
mayor 2014 5 hr Not True 9
please read before you vote 7 hr topcat 1
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 8 hr Zeke 8,982
Breaking into hunting camps 9 hr Fo Real 5
jeff huggins in jail again. 21 hr selmer jeff huggins 5
paige hensley Wed hmm 9
•••
•••