United States

#1 Dec 8, 2012
Is it still going to be tonight?
me(:

Medon, TN

#2 Dec 8, 2012
be wrote:
Is it still going to be tonight?
The independent appeal posted that yes it will still be tonight... It starts at 6 but the lineup starts at 5
spanky

Collierville, TN

#3 Dec 8, 2012
Was stupid and should have been postponed.
one who knows

Lexington, TN

#4 Dec 9, 2012
the polic dept. tried to talk the jaycees outta having it because of the weather. they wouldn't listen. thank goodness no one got hurt in the pouring rain. so glad the band director had the sense of mind to not let the band perform!
John

Jackson, TN

#5 Dec 9, 2012
The Gov had to spend your money. It was stupid.
spanky

Collierville, TN

#6 Dec 9, 2012
John wrote:
The Gov had to spend your money. It was stupid.
sorry but Jaycees is not the government.
Someone

United States

#7 Dec 9, 2012
Someone else need to take charge of the fair and Christmas parade the Jaycees don't have a clue what to do

Jackson, TN

#8 Dec 9, 2012
I wish they would have post poned it. I really wanted to take my kids to it, but there was no way I was going to get them out in that weather.
spanky

Lexington, TN

#9 Dec 9, 2012
Someone wrote:
Someone else need to take charge of the fair and Christmas parade the Jaycees don't have a clue what to do
amen
John

Jackson, TN

#10 Dec 9, 2012
spanky wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry but Jaycees is not the government.
Am i the only person that saw all the gov owned vehicles,burning the gas taxpayers are paying for???? you were not at the parade.
The parade was stupid.
spanky

Lexington, TN

#11 Dec 9, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>Am i the only person that saw all the gov owned vehicles,burning the gas taxpayers are paying for???? you were not at the parade.
The parade was stupid.
your original post implied that the government had to spend the money. I countered that the parade was controlled by the Jaycees which are not part of the government. Jaycees should have called it off then no gas would have been wasted. It seems you were blaming the government.
Sad

Bolivar, TN

#12 Dec 9, 2012
I have gone to three parades in this area all of which had a rain date already set,its just sad that all the kids of Selmer could not enjoy the parade,I know its a big job getting a parade together but why waste all that time and effort if no one can enjoy it
April

Olive Branch, MS

#13 Dec 10, 2012
It was the Independent Appeals fault that the parade wasn't postponed. I'm tired of the IA causing so many problems for McNairy County.
be

United States

#14 Dec 10, 2012
How was it the IA's fault? The Jaycees should have canceled it. The parade is supposed to be for kids and having it in the pouring rain where kids can't attend is so stupid.
omg

Lexington, TN

#15 Dec 10, 2012
April wrote:
It was the Independent Appeals fault that the parade wasn't postponed. I'm tired of the IA causing so many problems for McNairy County.
Shut up already!!!! Do you honestly not have anything better to do? Must be a horrible life to live
April

Duluth, GA

#16 Dec 10, 2012
be wrote:
How was it the IA's fault? The Jaycees should have canceled it. The parade is supposed to be for kids and having it in the pouring rain where kids can't attend is so stupid.
Because in the second post in this topic it says that the IA said the parade WASN'T going to be postponed and was starting at 6. If the MCN would have been in charge, they would have postponed the parade till next weekend. Why does the IA get to pick when the parade occurs?
me(:

Jackson, TN

#18 Dec 10, 2012
April wrote:
<quoted text>Because in the second post in this topic it says that the IA said the parade WASN'T going to be postponed and was starting at 6. If the MCN would have been in charge, they would have postponed the parade till next weekend. Why does the IA get to pick when the parade occurs?
The independent appeal isn't over the parade stupid!!! I saw on Facebook that the independent appeal had posted that it was still on! They are a newspaper so they have the right to post stuff that people need to know!!! They asked the Jaycees and then they posted! Wow some ppl surprise me!!
Moose

Jackson, TN

#19 Dec 10, 2012
And we live among these people.
spanky

Lexington, TN

#20 Dec 10, 2012
April wrote:
<quoted text>Because in the second post in this topic it says that the IA said the parade WASN'T going to be postponed and was starting at 6. If the MCN would have been in charge, they would have postponed the parade till next weekend. Why does the IA get to pick when the parade occurs?
ia wasn't in charge it was the Jaycees. Get over it.
To Ms April

Lexington, TN

#21 Dec 11, 2012
April wrote:
<quoted text>
Because in the second post in this topic it says that the IA said the parade WASN'T going to be postponed and was starting at 6. If the MCN would have been in charge, they would have postponed the parade till next weekend. Why does the IA get to pick when the parade occurs?
With all the questions from the public whether or not the parade would roll during the rain, the MCN FAILED to keep the public informed. EPIC FAILURE!! Not a reliable news source!! FAIL!!! FAIL!!! FAIL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who are the most beautiful women in Selmer in t... (Oct '10) 7 min Correct 85
who that baby pappy 2 hr Grady Wilson 19
Name a Police Officer or Sheriff Deputy that do... (Sep '10) 11 hr jackson 142
Rob "nails" Hays Sat Sue 1
transsexual Sat Yummy 6
Tennis Coach Arrested ? Apr 17 Damnir Olivus 5
bret blodgett and amber pipkins Apr 16 leigh pipkins 13
More from around the web

Selmer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE