A new bethel springs

Posted in the Selmer Forum

New start

United States

#1 Nov 7, 2012
First of all, I would like to congratulate the new alderman for bethel! Bethel really needed new ones that will stand up for what is right. No matter who is mayor and who is alderman there will be disagreements but if everyone will stand up for what's right and do what's best for bethel, we as a town can get it back together. We are what makes the town what it is. Let's stop being the joke and make our town the best! No more fighting with each other and fight for bethel!
Tom

Jackson, TN

#2 Nov 7, 2012
New Start,,You just hide and watch.
New start

United States

#3 Nov 7, 2012
Hope that's a good comment!
MurryHill

Jackson, TN

#4 Nov 7, 2012
Other than promising to be honest,fair what are some the campaign promises each made? What about city collections as water/sewer? Were there any votes cast from citizens not living in Bethel? What will the new bethel board do to raise more revnue?
New start

United States

#5 Nov 7, 2012
Murry hill, that's a good question to ask the board. I'm sure they would be glad to answer any questions that you have or anyone else for that matter, as long as everyone does it in a way everyone can get along. That's part of making the town better by asking questions and coming up with a solution.
Plan

Jackson, TN

#6 Nov 7, 2012
Put all citizens over the age of 60 in the new old folks home in Bethel.
someone who cares

Lexington, TN

#7 Nov 7, 2012
Plan wrote:
Put all citizens over the age of 60 in the new old folks home in Bethel.
What does that mean?
Nice

Lexington, TN

#8 Nov 7, 2012
I guess you all know that some of these coment are by the Mayor Kay Cox. Tring to swing new alderman over already. Got to do the rit thing mayor you con boy Gray gone.
Bob

United States

#9 Nov 7, 2012
someone who cares wrote:
<quoted text>What does that mean?
You havent heard?
people

Lexington, TN

#10 Nov 8, 2012
We the people would like to say we are so proud of these new alderman & hope to make a change, even if it is a small change. Erin will probably tell the truth when all is done. Debroah & Kay will lie till the end. Good luck & we the people are with you new ones.
blue tick

United States

#11 Nov 8, 2012
now you got a loud mouth, trouble making, blue gum idiot on the board. And you think you had drama before. Hahaha
Joey

Lexington, TN

#12 Nov 12, 2012
News Flash, Cox,s, Perrigo, Gray shut down police dept. It is over, cause they are mad over election. Man is this ever funny, talking about childish, wow person that call me lauging like hell. Said they had set Sowell up to take the blame for getting them beat. Revenge will cost the city like hell now. funny, funny, funny, stupid, stupid, stupid, what a joke. Here we go again, Paper,s will sell good this week. Keep it going gang, keep Bethel the laughing stock of Tennessee. Just cause you dummies are out of office, don,t mean you have to quit lieing about every thing.
Billy

Lexington, TN

#13 Nov 14, 2012
Well Newsflash I watch channel 7 news, then got a paper it is very funny indeed. Almost repeat of all summer long. Not even interesting any more.I think we sure got a new crew coming in. The Devil has met her match.
right

Somerville, TN

#14 Nov 14, 2012
Yes she does Sherrie is a good person she will be honest I know! And before you say it I promise I don't live in bethel I live in selmer, tn and our boys played ball together if they did wrong she didn't baby them good choice bethel she is for the people....very honest you just watch you will see !
Carson

Winter Haven, FL

#15 Nov 18, 2012
Having a ball, on my way to
Japan to get a car.
New start

Duluth, GA

#16 Nov 25, 2012
Sorry but sherry can't make all the decisions. Yes I'm very glad she is now on the board but that's just it, it takes the board. They all have to get along and do what's best for the town.
J N Rockefeller

Milan, TN

#17 Nov 25, 2012
Well I suppose it depends upon your expectations for Bethel Springs. I commend the City council for eliminating the Police Dept. but far more is needed and I really don't see great change of any kind in the future.

Bethel Springs was a bustling little town at one time. It had a general store where nearly evrythimg could be purchased several gas stations a several other busy establishments where one could find an array of goods. Even the Post Office will soon meet it's demise as the Postal Service continues to reduce waste and downsize.

Now Bethel Springs is a residential area and really has no need for a City Government. The fact that there is one is an affront to the good people of Bethel. Nothing goes on in Bethel Springs that could not be handled without a city government.

City Hall should be abolished plain and simple. There is no city for which a City Government is needed. No need for these stuffed shirts to convene in city hall every week pretending their importance.

Abolish City Hall and unincorporate now !
Please Unincoporate

Lexington, TN

#18 Nov 25, 2012
I was happy to sign the petition. I was hopeful to make a change. You are correct in saying there is nothing left of Bethel except a City Hall. Well, there is a Dollar General on the by pass but I don't see how one Dollar General can provide the funds necessary to fund a city hall and all the city employees.

UNINCORPORATE and let the county have it.
Sorry

Duluth, GA

#19 Nov 26, 2012
County don't want it
Bill

Lexington, TN

#20 Nov 30, 2012
Sheriff,s dept does, then Steve can watch Bethel from his house. Mayor has made it plain to us that sheriff dept. goingto take good care of us, but I would hate to count on that. I don,t think they need a police up here that have to pay alot of money ,but need one, & what paper says about 30,000 is bull shit. Mayor said that, but she hadn,t told truth yet so why would anyone think that, the truth.Cut Burney to 5.00 an hour instead of 10.50 & turn him loose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clay jones? 1 hr employer 1
Not True Blake Huckabee 1 hr Private Eye 1
Michael Whitten (Feb '12) 2 hr hotpinkanus 3
Bobcat football 6 hr hotwheels 46
Amy Dean 15 hr Trustee 4
Selmer CC Tue Drinker 24
Hillary Dehnam Tue LittleBird 25
Selmer Dating
Find my Match

Selmer Jobs