rose creek village
First Prev
of 52
Next Last
miss mae

United States

#1 Jan 15, 2007
does anyone know anything about rose creek village? i need to know right away.
BGrieves

Jackson, TN

#2 Oct 9, 2007
I have lived here about four months...very sweet, genuine people...living the Bible by simply loving and caring for one another.
Gypsygirl

Memphis, TN

#3 Jan 3, 2008
WHy do you need to know? From what I know the group itself were ran out of Florida after breaking with other founders. I've heard from people who live in the Rose Creek area that they may be runnng drugs, holding some of their "members" against their will, etc. I don't know anything 1st hand at all though.
whatever

Dallas, TX

#4 Feb 28, 2008
miss mae wrote:
does anyone know anything about rose creek village? i need to know right away.
I have worked with some of the men from there. Hard workers..Don't talk a lot. The women keep to themselves..Go to town with the men and stay in a group.
JUST WONDERING

United States

#5 Mar 1, 2008
I HEARD THE LEADER GETS TO HAVE SEX WITH ANY WOMAN LIVING THERE
Arien

Jackson, TN

#6 Mar 30, 2008
I live at rose creek village. I have been here for over a year. Many rumors are present in the surrounding area about how we live. The people here were not run out of Florida. The leaders have one wife and do not know other women(in the physical form). These rumors are said about any group of people that live together. People fear those who live together because it is not practiced in America often. We are a people who live together because we love one another. We are not a cult but embody how christians should live. We are one people. Modern christianity waits for the savior, christ, but He is allready here. What are you waiting for! live with Him! Live for Him! See God every day. That is the gift of this life.
Arien

Jackson, TN

#7 Mar 30, 2008
Gypsygirl wrote:
WHy do you need to know? From what I know the group itself were ran out of Florida after breaking with other founders. I've heard from people who live in the Rose Creek area that they may be runnng drugs, holding some of their "members" against their will, etc. I don't know anything 1st hand at all though.
We don't sell drugs here. If you wish to come and see all visitors are welcomed. Also, nobody is forced to stay here. If people want to leave, we let them and help them in their decision.
Bethany Grieves

Palos Hills, IL

#8 Apr 10, 2008
I lived there for eight months and learned a lot about God. They are very moral and I know definitely that their leaders do not believe in adultery. Their senior leader Noah Taylor loves women in God and is very friendly, but that is all.
They are very serious and straightforward...it takes a lot of dedication to live that close to one another.
There are a lot of people that have recovered from substance abuse there but none with active problems. They might drink a glass or two of wine on occasion but that is it.
Overall they work very hard...too hard, I think. I wish they would all take a rest and laugh and have some fun.
They will not do anything but maybe hurt your feelings because they believe in "tough love" and are kinda strong in their manner of speaking and can be overly serious about very minor things...but they are genuinely trying to live a life pleasing to God and they put a lot of stress on themselves.
Go visit...
Chris

Citrus Heights, CA

#9 Apr 24, 2008
I've visited a couple times. Actually, just returned yesterday from a trip there. The people there are full of love and devotion to God. They love all forms of creativity; including dance and music. Had some of the best laughs I've had in a while, and some of the best fellowship, as well.
luke tyler

United States

#10 Apr 30, 2008
hey there i was there at one time but if i ever get the chance i'll kill tad tyler or better known as uriah that would be my so called dad who kid napped me at the age of five lets just leave it at that these people are no better than any other religious groups that are out there
luke tyler

United States

#11 Apr 30, 2008
oh and far as the other people i guess their ok people just lost this hole religion bullshit gets under my nerves i cant stand religion but they do take advantage of children in a mental way
Beth and family

Chandler, AZ

#13 Jun 11, 2008
This group has hurt myself and my family. We moved there, giving up good jobs...they immediately started humiliating us by asking us if we wanted to leave and having big leader meetings with us if we did not understand something or questioned them.
The leaders were too busy to talk to us unless we got "in trouble"...which we did for very minor things such as how much ketchup our children used; for asking to take a shower in midday when the shower was not available in the morning; for doing a load of laundry...trying to help out...without asking; for not wanting to babysit another mother's kids all the time, etc.
There seem to be a lot of good people there but they follow and worship their "leaders".
There was no physical abuse but they refused to let me get counseling either inside or outside of the village when I felt progressively nervous and depressed there.
My mother is in Selmer as a result of us moving to the village in 2007..she is very sick and in a lot of pain this week and last week....I begged the village to help her with transportation to her doctor and they did not even answer my email.
They are very cold and only love you as much as you agree with their leaders and only as much as they can control you.
The self sacrifice they talk about is all "one way" and they do play favorites.
May God be with you...Be Careful,
Beth

Since: Jun 08

Chandler, AZ

#14 Jun 11, 2008
Chris wrote:
I've visited a couple times. Actually, just returned yesterday from a trip there. The people there are full of love and devotion to God. They love all forms of creativity; including dance and music. Had some of the best laughs I've had in a while, and some of the best fellowship, as well.
Hi Chris...be careful...they are great to visit...we tried very hard to live their life with them for eight or nine months and we found out how mean they are. They only love you as much as they can control you.
God Bless You....

Since: Jun 08

Chandler, AZ

#15 Jun 11, 2008
luke tyler wrote:
oh and far as the other people i guess their ok people just lost this hole religion bullshit gets under my nerves i cant stand religion but they do take advantage of children in a mental way
Hi Luke...I'm sorry you have been hurt. Me and my family just left the village after being there eight or nine months....
But don't give up on God ..HE loves you....much more than you can imagine.
I am not giving up on God even though these religious people have hurt me.
At RCV they only love you as much as they can control you but God is not like them.

I am one of the village rejects now ...and I did no big thing wrong. It hurts but God is healing me and I pray God will help me forgive because this is healthy for the person who has been hurt.

But I am going to broadcast on the internet how this group has hurt me and my family so others will not get hurt.

God loves you.....Beth
Eric

United States

#16 Jun 26, 2008
Beth and family wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Chris...be careful...they are great to visit...we tried very hard to live their life with them for eight or nine months and we found out how mean they are. They only love you as much as they can control you.
God Bless You....
hello, my wife and I have close friends that joined RCV over a year ago. Though at first we remained in close contact, the couple will no longer return our phone calls or e-mail as of this month. We did not have any argument nor did we dissaprove of thier move, they simply stopped communicating. Can you help us with word of their safety?
neil2003

Guadalupe, CA

#17 Jun 27, 2008
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
hello, my wife and I have close friends that joined RCV over a year ago. Though at first we remained in close contact, the couple will no longer return our phone calls or e-mail as of this month. We did not have any argument nor did we dissaprove of thier move, they simply stopped communicating. Can you help us with word of their safety?
Hi...me and my family just left there this spring...two or three months ago? who are you concerned about?
they don't do physical abuse....they should be fine physically....I can't say about emotionally....they tend to shut out a lot of people.....
Bethany Grieves
observer

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Jun 30, 2008
They seem to be mostly and largely a family, mostly groups of people whose children have intermarried and thus are becoming one large family. They seem
to have some kind of a past in florida they do not really want to emphasize. They left florida for some reason???They have a leader named David Taylor he presents himself as
a sweet grandpa figure on their Dvd that advertises their life. He seems very tense and not at all like a person of love. But some christians may be this way. It is not how Jesus stikes me though. I requested to talk with him for but never recieved a meeting. Many allegations against him on the internet but nothing is said about this one way or the other in the village. His wife told someone one time she was a player in the past.I think some of the leaders there are disagreeing one named eliel left over a dispute and his son stayed and is married to david taylors daughter. There was a man named aman,another leader, who I really liked and he was ran off for child molestation in the village again not much was said in the village??? I do not really know. They keep all stuff quiet in the village on this. Another leader chasaque seems depressed and at odds with other leaders. I noticed one man came yelling out all leaders are in total agreement. When I heard this it made me wonder why this was being said if they were in agreement. If you leave though they will not talk
with you. Often leaders tell the village do not
talk with those who leave. Do not email them such as eliel or aman. They have a leader named shamah who is brother is vp of the company that they make their money with,called impact images. All the property there in the village is owned by someone , but they do not have a regular public budget meeting like a regular church so who knows who really owns everything. They have members that leave the country often. They send some money out of the country to others,,,,pastor daniel in india and friends in other places..
Some good people there and some not I guess.
They seem to have a fear of how they are precieved by the outside world alot. One young man ran away from there after saying how bad the outside world was to me. He had a sister and a brother and farther there. His mother had a big law suite to try to get them out. Looks like this young man decided to leave on his owm. I am not sure people really say all they would normally out of fear or politeness. Some fear being ejected outside. Some there say david taylor is a saint and is making up new words as valid as those in the bible. Their favorite film is harry potter and they say it has very important spirital messages in it?????? It seems just a fun film to me.
Mae

Lynchburg, VA

#19 Jul 7, 2008
Hi, I'm new here and have recently discovered the existence of Rose Creek Village. Does anyone here know about the "leadership" of the village? How does this work? Are others expected to go under the authority of specific people? Can the authority be questioned? Am I right that this is not a consensus based community as the website appears to portray it? My parents came out of a cult when I was young and I'm wanting to learn more about this group.
Thanks, Mae
observer

Phoenix, AZ

#20 Jul 20, 2008
Mae wrote:
Hi, I'm new here and have recently discovered the existence of Rose Creek Village. Does anyone here know about the "leadership" of the village? How does this work? Are others expected to go under the authority of specific people? Can the authority be questioned? Am I right that this is not a consensus based community as the website appears to portray it? My parents came out of a cult when I was young and I'm wanting to learn more about this group.
Thanks, Mae
Hi Mae....yes, they are not ruled by consensus...we left in ?March or April 2008 and one of the last "gatherings" we had...their name for "church"...Noah yelled out "This is not a democracy"...they have about seven leaders...about three of these leaders act very authoritative and dominating and they can abuse their authority. For example, I said the F word under my breath once when I was upset,...another sister in my household that I was living with overheard it....there was a meeting held and I had ten adults frowning at me and was kinda interrogated and chewed out extensively by one of their leaders.
They do not represent themselves well. There are a lot of good people there but if you slightly disagree with a leader, they are quick to bite your head off.
After nine months of living with a household with over two other families, I felt like I was going to have a nervous breakdown. I asked for a shower at midday because this had not been available to me all morning and my housemate, another mother bit my head off, making it seem like I was really asking for something big...then there was a two hour meeting held over this....
All because I asked for a shower at lunch.

After a while, nothing I said was right to them, the leaders were untouchable unless I was in "trouble" for some minor thing....and the people I lived with wanted to control my whole life.
Me and my family moved a few miles away and no one called or visited. The leaders refused to let us move to another household.

They don't seem like they cared about US...they just wanted to CONTROL us.

Check out Reba Fellowship in Evanston, IL...they are Mennonites and have "community". they are very gentle and let you chose your level of involvement. They are modern. They have a website.
Be careful...I have a website www.rosecreekvillagetruth.com

I am also "earnestseeker" on www.factnet.org
and under this name I have detailed a lot of my thoughts and feelings and things that happened when I lived at the village....

Sincerely,
Earnestseeker
One lost sheep

United States

#21 Aug 5, 2008
Hello everyone, I was a part of the group for 5 years and my parents were there for 9. My brother is still there and is married to one of Noah's daughters and has 3 kids. I have been away almost 5 years now and have just started to reach a healing of sorts. I don't wonder about if what they are doing there is right or not. The general feeling there is good, but it's not what Christ intended, I think. Close though.

You guys are welcome to chat with me, but I am a private person. There may be some things I'd rather not discuss.

The best thing that happened to me there, was that for the first time in my life, I had friends that seemed to geniunely care about me. When I left, I would go back once a year to visit my family, but in between I longed for the companionship of my friends. That is gone now. I have fallen away from their faith and there is little I can do to renew the friendship, but go back. But I refuse to submit myself to that type of subjugation again. They say they are free, but they are in as much bondage or more than the average American. At least if I don't like my job or where I live I can move...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 52
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
good rainy day 10 hr abcdefg 3
Joe Garza (Jan '11) 16 hr Chelsea 32
it's called a Dog Leash Tue Little Debbie 2
Andre davis Tue Dirty White from 707 6
jessica’s (novelty and tanning) May 22 statingfacts101 1
so it’s not true May 21 i dont think so 3
tbi May 20 In the know 9

Selmer Jobs

Personal Finance

Selmer Mortgages