Possible Gaming Facility
Fattys

Lexington, TN

#41 Aug 19, 2012
Daryl wrote:
and when you see the people start driving to bethel because there is something there for them to rather then the shit hole we call selmer... selmer wouldn't back up their own farts if they couldn't make a dollar off of it and get this town closer to retirement town it wants it to be (which i'm sure your apart fatty or you go to that big-get church there in town ) regardless of which one you have no business sense for the simple reason Bethel needs business to put them back on the map and i'm sure your dumb hick brain can even comprehend that unless you didn't graduate high school which i doubt you did or even have a GED for that matter but i'll take what you said and use it and if i ever find out who you are i'll be sure to send you an invitation with my shitty ass all in it thanks and have a fantastic night
I am one of the few here who has a MBA and actually work in business. I am weeks away from retirement with decades in business from marketing to long-term strategic planning.

Post your business plan and financial planning for the next 3-5 years.Show me your SWOT analysis so that I can see how you plan on combating the competition. Post your budget based on next years sales. Show these things and I'll invest personally.

Post your incorporation papers you must file with the State. Have your IRS tax id already? Spoke to your CPA about payroll taxes, worker's comp, unemployment insurance and complying with the ADA in your store. What has your lawyer said about the personal liability you will face when you go Bankrupt? Did you know when you sign those loan docs your house/car/savings can be taken?

You do have those ready don't you?
Fattys

Lexington, TN

#42 Aug 19, 2012
Another Voice wrote:
Seriously Folk,
It's not about gambling. Dude, wants to sell video games and have a place to hang out.
Daryl, calm down the attitude. Cussing out Fatty isn't going to help your business fly.
But if you put it in Bethel, it will fail.
Adamsville may work. But Selmer is your best bet.
If you want to appease the powers that be, just prove to them that money will be made off of this. Prove that it won't be a drug infested hang out.
Selmer needs business.
The city doesn't "put in" businesses, people do. Also, I'm pretty sure I know you. If you want the city to take you seriously, get a hair cut, put together a real business plan and go for it.
Seriously, MRA is your best bet. Get there tomorrow. Ask for Russel.
Daryl,

Post your top ten inventory list.
James

Stanton, TN

#43 Aug 19, 2012
Fatty,,have you actually read what the fellow has in mind?????????
Hard times

Collbran, CO

#44 Aug 19, 2012
Daryl wrote:
Me and a few friends are drawing the plans for a possible Gaming Facility in Selmer or Bethel Springs let me know what ya think about the idea would appreciate all the support we can get.
. Think it's a great idea. Got a couple of names u could name it . Pewees gaming. Or cox head players club . Just joking .... Lol........ Great idea. That would get u some publicity. Though.
been there

United States

#45 Aug 20, 2012
Well your business plans and charts are meaningless because this town doesn't want growth. they will not support anything that poses real opportunity. Take it from someone who knows if you have a viable plan go somewhere else.
just my opinion

Eads, TN

#46 Aug 20, 2012
I still say adamsville. At least with the young mayor they have they are trying to grow. Unlike selmer or bethel.
Fattys

Lexington, TN

#47 Aug 20, 2012
James wrote:
Fatty,,have you actually read what the fellow has in mind?????????
Yep. Failure.
been there

Milan, TN

#48 Aug 20, 2012
Forget about it ! McNairy County has exactly all it wants and will have less than that in the years to come. She has lost her spirit and a majority has accepted it.
Daryl

Lexington, TN

#49 Nov 30, 2012
sorry I haven't reposted anything I have decided about the gaming facility and have modified what I would like to do the buildings in front of walmart is one of the places i have thought about and not sure on adamsville and I am also tossing up the trading post in bethel springs but I am looking for any and all suggestions so feel free to pitch in again lol and thanks everyone because this business will be for the people not just for us
u b idiot

Lexington, TN

#50 Dec 1, 2012
Daryl wrote:
sorry I haven't reposted anything I have decided about the gaming facility and have modified what I would like to do the buildings in front of walmart is one of the places i have thought about and not sure on adamsville and I am also tossing up the trading post in bethel springs but I am looking for any and all suggestions so feel free to pitch in again lol and thanks everyone because this business will be for the people not just for us
Front of walmart is your only choice if you can afford the lease.
Lulu

Medina, TN

#51 Dec 1, 2012
I have thought of renting the old store building beside Inman auto sales,maybe putting a few games in there. I beleve that location is ok for beer sales n ow?
kiddo

Corinth, MS

#52 Dec 1, 2012
why not try for some place in michie? theres a few places i can think of off hand that you could open something like that in
hmmm

Lexington, TN

#53 Dec 1, 2012
It wont work. Internet tournaments I can do from home. Redbox and gamefly are doing alot better than gamestop stores are. Paying for a membership to play games computer or console is crazy to me.
A place for kids around here would be good. Think bowling,theater,skating,go carts,water park,zoo.
Dont limit your business, depending on kids for income isnt a safe bet...BUT if you build it for all age it might bring more people.
Dan

Corinth, MS

#55 Dec 8, 2012
Daryl wrote:
and when you see the people start driving to bethel because there is something there for them to rather then the shit hole we call selmer... selmer wouldn't back up their own farts if they couldn't make a dollar off of it and get this town closer to retirement town it wants it to be (which i'm sure your apart fatty or you go to that big-get church there in town ) regardless of which one you have no business sense for the simple reason Bethel needs business to put them back on the map and i'm sure your dumb hick brain can even comprehend that unless you didn't graduate high school which i doubt you did or even have a GED for that matter but i'll take what you said and use it and if i ever find out who you are i'll be sure to send you an invitation with my shitty ass all in it thanks and have a fantastic night
One shouldn't talk about graduating high school, when sentences are out of your grasp.

While small towns may fight some businesses to an extent, they're not going to have a chance to fight you simply starting the business. Topix is the last place you should look for anything, besides a laugh at things that are pathetic.

Why is it everyone has an opinion on politics, but no clue on how the towns, or America for that matter, actually operate?

Good luck and learn to plan and research.
John

Humboldt, TN

#56 Dec 8, 2012
While small towns may fight some businesses to an extent, they're not going to have a chance to fight you simply starting the business.

Dan is that statement like double talk? Why would they (city of selmer) fight you from the start? You mean let the business open up than the city shut you down?(Kindergarten). You are not from selmer are you Don?
John

Humboldt, TN

#57 Dec 8, 2012
So Dan do you see America going over the cliff?
Another Voice

Milan, TN

#58 Dec 10, 2012
Talked to the McNairy Regional Alliance the other day. They said the city actually wants a GameStop type business to come in. I don't what kind of businesses they have "been fighting." But obviously, not this type.
Moose

Humboldt, TN

#59 Dec 10, 2012
Is Selmer ready for another Wild Bill? maybe a Hooters?
lol

Jackson, TN

#60 Dec 10, 2012
Moose wrote:
Been ready brother!
u b idiot

Lexington, TN

#61 Dec 10, 2012
Moose wrote:
No more beer licenses sold in city limits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Selmer 7 hr Agreed 10
Caleb ragan 13 hr pissed 3
Remove Jason Garrett from the Jaycees Committee! 14 hr jason 30
Reese Rhea with Felicia Kiser 14 hr Finger lost 1
paige hensley (Feb '14) 14 hr Random Guest 18
couple searches female for 3some Wed curious 1
Jeff Mitchell Wed not 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Selmer Mortgages