Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#18806 Feb 2, 2013
Jamery wrote:
<quoted text>Bicycle...What in the hell are you talking about..The 2 little rooms at the back of WO's mothers house were rooms they rented out like many people did in the way back then...WO only lived there til he was about 13 years old and then went out to try to make a living for his mother and sisters and brothers....Are you claiming that his mother who never missed a sermon at the Church of Christ was running a whore house?...The old house the Generals Quarters is in wasnt even livable when he, Connie Dixon and Bob Blankingship used it to store antiques in and refinish them....That story is just a made up story like the rest of the crap to make money for the Generals Quarters...WO didnt care what they told as long as it helped them make money to pay him for the place, let them tell any thing they wanted...It was funny to WO....Surly you arent that goofy to really believe any such bull..Why dont you nuts try asking the Mayor Tommy Erwin or Dr. Frank Davis's son, Hull, or some other reputable people in Corinth about some of this crap...Another good one to ask is Travis Johnson in Jackson TN.....Yes people tell nuts tales just to see if they are stupid enough to believe them....the same is true around Selmer...just like Dwanna telling that there was a huge room under the Shamrock where they made whiskey and all such bull crap...the foundation is still there...go see if there was a room under the Shamrock....People like this bunch of Pusser followers, for real, need to see a psychologist...
Jamery, i said that the little houses were rumors, but that I never believed it. I also said that everyone who visits the general's quarters' is told that tale. I do know Tommy Irwin and Hull Davis, but I do not need to ask them anything because I am sure they have heard the same things that I have posted here. Get over it.
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#18807 Feb 2, 2013
IKnow wrote:
Jermey there was a lady for years that worked at the G Q she would laugh about that.. i ate there several times.
This bicycle is trolling you and everyone else,,let them figure it out.After you explained the deal,tomorrow they will be telling the same story,until they find someone else to tell what all they know about Pusser/Stateline. That is how states knows nothing feeds.
Maybe Jimmy H. did own part of Lidons Lake but i never knew of it. That was named after Lidon McPeters if i am correct.
Guess what, you are so wrong about Liddon Lake. It was named after Ben Liddon who built it along with the pickwick and coliseum theaters. Jimmy Hathcock and Paul Timlack bought Liddon Lake. As far as the General's Quarter's Mr. Hathcock bought it from Mrs. Ramer's estate and sold it to J.L. Aldridge and Judge Johnny Ross.
IKnow

Jackson, TN

#18808 Feb 2, 2013
D you remember when Mr.Ramer passed away?
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#18809 Feb 2, 2013
IKnow wrote:
D you remember when Mr.Ramer passed away?
Do not know the date, but he passed away before Mrs. Ramer died. She had a boarding house there.
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#18810 Feb 2, 2013
oh in case you need to know, IKNOW, they are buried in Rienzi and you can confirm this with Tommy Irwin or Hull Davis if you need validation.
Jamery

Nashville, TN

#18811 Feb 2, 2013
bicycle6567 wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what, you are so wrong about Liddon Lake. It was named after Ben Liddon who built it along with the pickwick and coliseum theaters. Jimmy Hathcock and Paul Timlack bought Liddon Lake. As far as the General's Quarter's Mr. Hathcock bought it from Mrs. Ramer's estate and sold it to J.L. Aldridge and Judge Johnny Ross.
Bicycle, I think I have figured out who you are...You rode a bicycle all around talking to people and know so many people in Corinth...Are you Johnny Shutie that used to sell popcorn and rubbers around the court house?.. I dont think I spelled the last name correct..sorry...
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#18812 Feb 2, 2013
Jamery wrote:
<quoted text>Bicycle, I think I have figured out who you are...You rode a bicycle all around talking to people and know so many people in Corinth...Are you Johnny Shutie that used to sell popcorn and rubbers around the court house?.. I dont think I spelled the last name correct..sorry...
Jamery, sorry you are wrong, but Johnny has passed on. Now there you go starting rumors about poor old Johnny he didn't sell popcorn and r..... He sold papers.
IKnow

Jackson, TN

#18813 Feb 2, 2013
I am not from Corinth,or Alcorn County,, I am from McNairy County. I did go swimming some at the old Lake, Somewhere seems someone said Liddon McPeters built that,, i really don't know.

It really is funny if Mr.mrs Ramer did own GQ because i said ( A lady from Ramer worked there) meaning Ramer TN. i guess you know.
Jamery

Nashville, TN

#18814 Feb 2, 2013
bicycle6567 wrote:
<quoted text>Jamery, sorry you are wrong, but Johnny has passed on. Now there you go starting rumors about poor old Johnny he didn't sell popcorn and r..... He sold papers.
Sorry Bicycle but you are wrong again...Johnny did sell papers...but he also sold popcorn, peanuts and rubbers especially o Saturdays when the court house yard would be full...H would ride around the court house on his bicycle with the baseball cards held by a clothes pin in the spokes, big mud flaps and reflectors all over the bike and a long antenna on his bike hollering loudly "POPCORN...PEANUTS....(so ftly)..rubbers..." I sure wish I could go back to those days and get some of the hot dogs off the Hot Tamale carts...I'd even buy you one with relish...remember how the kept them in the Hot Tamale juice....And Lem Wright..remember?
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#18815 Feb 2, 2013
IKnow wrote:
I am not from Corinth,or Alcorn County,, I am from McNairy County. I did go swimming some at the old Lake, Somewhere seems someone said Liddon McPeters built that,, i really don't know.
It really is funny if Mr.mrs Ramer did own GQ because i said ( A lady from Ramer worked there) meaning Ramer TN. i guess you know.
Yes, I understand you meant a lady from Ramer. It is probably just a coincidence that her name was Ramer or maybe they were related.
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#18816 Feb 2, 2013
Jamery wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Bicycle but you are wrong again...Johnny did sell papers...but he also sold popcorn, peanuts and rubbers especially o Saturdays when the court house yard would be full...H would ride around the court house on his bicycle with the baseball cards held by a clothes pin in the spokes, big mud flaps and reflectors all over the bike and a long antenna on his bike hollering loudly "POPCORN...PEANUTS....(so ftly)..rubbers..." I sure wish I could go back to those days and get some of the hot dogs off the Hot Tamale carts...I'd even buy you one with relish...remember how the kept them in the Hot Tamale juice....And Lem Wright..remember?
Yeah I remember Lem Wright and those days of long ago. I would give anything to go back to those times and watch the whittlers on court square and make a stop at Borroums, but you know, Jamry, the thing I loved most about Corinth and still miss are the trains. I loved the sounds of the whistles at night and in the old days Lem Wright would meet the trains for the passengers to get off and eat. I have a great painting of Lem Wright that Chig Biggers painted. Speaking of hot dogs, does Flash still sell hot dogs in Nashville. I heard he was ill and I pray he is ok. He is a great guy.
Jamery

Nashville, TN

#18817 Feb 2, 2013
Id love to see that painting Chig did...Flash...yes he was a very sick Flash...a lot of people was praying for him..he finally came out of it...Last time I talked to him he said he was doing fine...Hes a good guy...He dont have the place on Music Row any more...they changed up a lot of things where it was about 5 years ago...I think he still has 1 or 2 hot dog carts, but I dont think he is working them now.....I was a kid whem Lem sold chicken..I thought it was the best I ever eat but it been so long I really cant remember the taste...Remember Bruces, the Charm...how about the Rex Grill..Big Dip?..Im sure you remember Fraleys
Jamery

Nashville, TN

#18818 Feb 2, 2013
Talking about the whittlers..Do you remember all the shavings that would be at the end of the day...I tink they usually would use cedar to whittle on..I can remember how long the shavings of wood would be...Id slip around and get my granddaddy's knife..he kept it razor sharp..Id cut my fingers all to pieces trying to whittle..still have a scar om by thumb where I cut the end of it off..stuck it back on and put a band aid on to hold it on..kept it hid from him so he wouldnt know I had slipped his knife out of his pocket..it grew back but til today no feeling and you can see it dont match just right..
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#18819 Feb 2, 2013
Jamery wrote:
Id love to see that painting Chig did...Flash...yes he was a very sick Flash...a lot of people was praying for him..he finally came out of it...Last time I talked to him he said he was doing fine...Hes a good guy...He dont have the place on Music Row any more...they changed up a lot of things where it was about 5 years ago...I think he still has 1 or 2 hot dog carts, but I dont think he is working them now.....I was a kid whem Lem sold chicken..I thought it was the best I ever eat but it been so long I really cant remember the taste...Remember Bruces, the Charm...how about the Rex Grill..Big Dip?..Im sure you remember Fraleys
Lem Wright lived on south madison and you could smell his cooking as soon as you crossed the rr track. We would ride the train to Chicago and buy lem's chicken at the train station to eat on the train. Of course, I remember Fraley's and never will there ever be a hamburger like Bruces. I miss Leck Fraley - he always made me laugh. I have several of Chig's work one is actually of Liddon Lake. To me Chig is one of Corinth's biggest losses. I lived in Henderson but spent much of my life in Corinth, so it is much like home to me. Jaremy, I do not understand why we can;t all agree to disagree. All of this fighting is like high school. I do not dislkie you for what you believe and I hope you feel the same, but Mike is like a possessed man and it is his way or the highway. I don't understand that kind of thinking. He attacks anyone who doesn't agree with him, and if he would prove something and it is correct then I will accept it. But, I can't believe anything he says. It is all such a shame. Most of you guys, other than Mike seem to be reasonable people and I think he stands in the way of the real truth with his constant preaching. Oh, well it will never change, but how nice it is to talk to someone from the area who can appreciate the place we all love. This is what irritates me about Mike - he doesn't care about Corinth, all he cares about is himself. I hope you don't scream at me for saying these things.
statesrightser

Ocean Springs, MS

#18820 Feb 3, 2013
Jamery wrote:
<quoted text>Bicycle...What in the hell are you talking about..The 2 little rooms at the back of WO's mothers house were rooms they rented out like many people did in the way back then...WO only lived there til he was about 13 years old and then went out to try to make a living for his mother and sisters and brothers....Are you claiming that his mother who never missed a sermon at the Church of Christ was running a whore house?...The old house the Generals Quarters is in wasnt even livable when he, Connie Dixon and Bob Blankingship used it to store antiques in and refinish them....That story is just a made up story like the rest of the crap to make money for the Generals Quarters...WO didnt care what they told as long as it helped them make money to pay him for the place, let them tell any thing they wanted...It was funny to WO....Surly you arent that goofy to really believe any such bull..Why dont you nuts try asking the Mayor Tommy Erwin or Dr. Frank Davis's son, Hull, or some other reputable people in Corinth about some of this crap...Another good one to ask is Travis Johnson in Jackson TN.....Yes people tell nuts tales just to see if they are stupid enough to believe them....the same is true around Selmer...just like Dwanna telling that there was a huge room under the Shamrock where they made whiskey and all such bull crap...the foundation is still there...go see if there was a room under the Shamrock....People like this bunch of Pusser followers, for real, need to see a psychologist...
Does the same concept apply to Elam as he proudly and loudly claims that Pusser had "a room" for his loose women at the Shamrock where everyone in the country would know about the sheriff's girlie room right on hwy 45? Absurd is absurd, right?
statesrightser

Ocean Springs, MS

#18821 Feb 3, 2013
mikeelam wrote:
<quoted text> Jamery...,bicycle can't even give you a good reason why they believe what they do. They are so invested in the legend, they can't even look for the truth.
Mike
yeh, we are so invested we lead bus tours, make videos for a decade, and claim to have a book (don't those get sold for...money?) coming out. Oh wait, that's you!
statesrightser

Ocean Springs, MS

#18823 Feb 3, 2013
mikeelam wrote:
I truly want to thank Statesrightser for his response as he proves my point form my earlier post. Frankly speaking, I was anticipating a better response. He failed, AS USUAL, to provide anything with which to back his OPINIONS.
That's right folks...statesrightser replied with nothing more than more than personal attacks. That should tell everyone something.
Statesrightser..., people now see through your nonsense. If you had anything of substance, you would have presented it. You would have wanted to embarrass me with it.
But lets look at what just happened. You failed to counter the state sanctioned autopsy report on Louise Hathcock. You gave us NOTHING as to why the autopsy report was not shown to the grand jury.
You also failed miserably to prove that Pusser never accepted payoffs. You never addressed, the myths that a young Pusser watched as Louise Hathcock beat a sailor to death with a hammer at the White Iris in 1954-55, years before it was even built . You did not counter with any proof whatsoever to show that Pusser was ever attacked at the Plantation Club, or that he ever used a big stick in the process. Where are your witnesses, police reports, medical records or photos of his scars?
Then, there is the alleged ambush. You were COMPLETELY without any proof whatsoever in countering what THE REAL EVIDENCE shows.
You sir, validated my earlier comments about you and the others who post like you. You have NOTHING to contribute to the conversation here.
As I said in my earlier post..., all you want is to turn this into a "fight forum".
You can insult people, but regardless of what you believe...you can't make your word stick as you have proven yourself to be a liar.
I said that "it must suck to be you"..., and I want to thank you for proving me once again to be right.
Mike
I've answered all this silly bs before, probably 45 times since last May. I thought I'd spare rattling all this off again. I've rattled it off not more than a week ago on this forum. The autopsy wasn't shown because autopsies are for cause of death. Everyone (but you apparently) knows the cause of death for Lou:.41 maggie lead poisoning. The evidence for self defense was overwhelming, therefore, the autopsy report was superfluous.

How the hell can anyone PROVE Pusser never accepted pay-offs or prove any other kind of a negative. I can't prove he didn't go out in his back yard and bay at the moon naked, either. So, I guess you win?!

Idiot, liar - I'm not trying to prove anything about Plantation or scars or all these other rabbit trails you take people on, while you try to dodge the basic facts and common sense that were ruled on and accepted decades ago on THE TWO SHOOTINGS. There are plenty of witnesses, reports, ballistics, findings, grand juries, etc., at both these events. What the hell are you talking about. You made this wicked, irresponsible and cowardly accusations, so defend them. Don't aks me to prove something I'm not even alleging.

I insult you because you insult everyone's integrity and intelligence and Pusser and survivors everytime you open your mouth on this baseless and pointless vendetta.

You simply don't have the goods to shift the moral and/or legal blame for the deaths of LH or PP to Buford Pusser. Without that, everything you puke out here on this vendetta is trivia.

As usual, all the blusery assertions of me not answering and being mean to you is all HOT AIR. Stcik a pin in yourself and blow back to AR, puh-leeze.
statesrightser

Ocean Springs, MS

#18824 Feb 3, 2013
ca96ms wrote:
Elam hates to be ignored. That's the way I found that works with this nutjob. Don't try to trade post with him, he'll lead you straight to a aka and then start the aka games. Elam failed to find anything on Pusser, so in return, he justifies his failure by inventing characters(aka's) and setting folks up to argue with the aka's. This is all he has to show for 8 1/2 years of chasing ghost and harassing innocent people like the Pusser and Hathcock remaining relatives. He's taken deceased family members of both families and plastered personal and private info everywhere. Grandkids of this folks don't want some nut telling how there relatives died with the grossly details. Elam needs to move on and leave folks alone. Ignore this NUTJOB!
Under that theory, CA, I'd be well advised to just move on and forget I ever came to this post - which might well be a really good idea, actually. I must admit though it's been fun to find some people who see through this clearly. Somehow reassuring that integrity and some sense of decency is left in the country. But it may be close to time to pull the plug on my meager contributions to this little travesty. The truth is that there may not be more than Elam even reading this, other than a few of us countering his bile. We'll see.

Either way, I'm a headin' to my first "Pusser" this year in May for sure. Got a friend that actually has a cousin that lives in A'ville, of all places. Great road trip!
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#18825 Feb 3, 2013
States, your post may not please the great frutcake leader. He has been on a rampage all day. I think we will find out that he does not have as many followers as he would have us believe. I tonight realized that one of my biggest dislikes about him is he could care less about the areas where this happened and cares about nothing but himself. Finally, jamery and I had a decent conversation and I know he is for real by the corinth discussion we had. I think he has more class and better judgement than Mike. I have asked if we can agree to disagree.
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#18826 Feb 3, 2013
States, are you leaving? If you an ca go, then I go. Have you really made a decision to go. I was hoping we might be making a difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ben Blasingame 1 hr On The Take 1
mary winkler is a HERO (Mar '14) 2 hr trip 24
What is the latest with Mary Winkler? (Jun '11) 2 hr trip 214
beekeeper 3 hr the dumper 8
Selmer Country Club 5 hr Maybe join 18
Best Looking Women Over 40 15 hr Agreed 32
firehouse grill 15 hr Second That 21
Selmer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Selmer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:18 pm PST

NFL 1:18PM
Rams reportedly release DT Kendall Langford
Bleacher Report 1:28 PM
Kendall Langford Reportedly Released by Rams: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction
ESPN 2:24 PM
Rams cut DT Langford in cost-cutting move
Bleacher Report 4:55 PM
Rams Would Waste Opportunity by Not Trading Bradford
Yahoo! Sports 5:36 PM
Falcons release veteran running back Steven Jackson