Bailey

San Antonio, TX

#1 Aug 27, 2009
What do you think of Selma Police? Know any of them???
cibolo

Birmingham, AL

#2 Aug 27, 2009
In my time in the U.C. area,1976-91,Selma was considered the worst speed trap in Texas,the Selma cops had a well earned reputation for being among the worst sleazebags out there,had two friends in the early 80's that got speeding tickets from those assholes,one for going 3 miles over the limit and the other for going 2 over.
texas

San Antonio, TX

#3 Aug 30, 2009
You're not kidding, it was a speed trap and probably still is. I don't know who they are but I'm sure it's the same ones that patrol the area of I-35.
Ex-public servant

Waco, TX

#4 Dec 15, 2010
Selma is the same speed trap that they have always been and will continue to be. They are cruising around their area looking for people to mess with. I have seen them sitting at Hooters doing NOTHING but harrassing people that go in and out and intimidating the people in there. So why does it take 4 of them to sit out there for three hours and do nothing but harass customers. Trust me, there isnt any crime that goes on there that they need 4 cops to sit there and do nothing! This is how bad they messed with me one night. I wanted to text and before it was a law I pulled over on the side of the road and was texting and making phone calls. I was then approached by an officer and asked what i was doing. I told him texting and making phone calls. He asked why I was sitting on the side of the road. Also asked why i had Emergency lights on my vehicle. I told him I was a Firefighter and I was told to turn on all my lights. he got jealous im sure because my vehicle looked WAY better than his. So then he wanted to search my car. I had nothing to hide so i let him. He found my Concealed Handgun, after i showed him my current CHL and found and OLD fire dept badge. He assumed I was pulling people over and caused a lot of heartache for me, for the next few months. I know he violated my rights by taking pics of my Vehicle and of me and then distributing out to other departments, saying im pulling people over and carrying weapons all over the place. Well after that, I was forced to resign from the FD and also started getting messed with by other departments. Ive done NOTHING wrong except try to help people in their time of need and they took that away from me. After standing on the side of the road for an hour, I was released and told, to not take this as a threat but a promise, that if i was ever sitting on the side of the road and I didnt have a flat or out of fuel i would be arrested for obstructing traffic. Think Selma has changed? It really hasnt. Good job to them for scaring off a lot of people that could live in a good neighbor hood. They really need to watch who they mess with. So many people doing wrong things out there and they mess with the people that have done nothing wrong. Way to Go Selma PD....:/
F888 SELMA

Waco, TX

#5 Dec 16, 2010
I hate selma cops.i hope they get wahts coming to them
F888 SELMA

Waco, TX

#6 Dec 16, 2010
sorry gets whats coming to them.
Jason naecker

United States

#7 May 11, 2011
On 5-10-11 I was assaulted by one of Selma police officers in the court house, today I turned in my formal complaint with the IA officer. Does anybody know a local civil rights lawyer that has taken cases against the Selma police ? You can search for my name on Facebook and email me.

Since: Jun 11

United States

#8 May 8, 2012
F888 SELMA wrote:
sorry gets whats coming to them.
Big difference between call them knuckle heads and wishing harm on them.

I don't agree with the tactics they use to track people all the way to the shell station south of schertz pkwy considering they are already raking in a gabillion dollars ripping off people on 35.

Problems sleeping for what they do but don't wish them any harm.

Since: Dec 11

San Antonio, TX

#9 May 10, 2012
Perfect example of what is wrong with society today.
Speaking poorly about unscrupulous public servants doing inappropriate things or hassling people because they are now the big boys/girls on campus (with a badge and gun) is one thing.
Or, giving tickets at 5 in the morning.
Making what sounds like a threat is something else.
Pat Edinger

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 Aug 12, 2013
Hate to judge a whole department by one incident, however as I live in Grand Rapids Michigan I don't have a lot of interaction with them. In Texas long enough to enter at Texarkana and get a ticket for improper lane change without turn signal four miles from my destination. Guess as I was the out of state guy - I was easy pickings. The lane I was in merged with another after a turnaround and I did not signal it as I was to the left when the right lane merged. I dropped off the stuff and returned out of the state in less than a day. No way to make a court case and point out the inconsistency in this but whatever. The point was not the ticket - the point is they took over $200 from the out of state guy they knew wouldn't be back... You give Texans a bad name and I grew up in SA.
Jake

Cibolo, TX

#11 Saturday Nov 15
https://www.facebook.com/endcashregisterjusti...

Let's put and end to it. We're starting small but by 2016 we're voting the bums out that endorse this cash register justice. Follow us on facebook, more to come next year. We'll keep you updated. We aren't anti police, these guys aren't real police.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 4 hr zzzzz 739
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 10 hr Mark 3,951
Christis Santa Rosa hospital question 10 hr little johnnys pimp 4
Iron Order MC (Mar '13) 11 hr TooMuchSun 123
Fun with Beaners 13 hr Beaners smell 1
A Decadent DVD in The War on Culture 18 hr Culture Auditor 1
Review: Rhino Cleaning & Restoration 20 hr little johnnys pimp 8
Selma Dating
Find my Match

Selma People Search