'American Idol' cuts Kristy Lee Cook

'American Idol' cuts Kristy Lee Cook

There are 25 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 17, 2008, titled 'American Idol' cuts Kristy Lee Cook. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The praise of Mariah Carey couldn't rescue Kristy Lee Cook from elimination on " American Idol ." The 24-year-old resident country singer from Selma, Ore., was the latest casualty as the Fox sing-off narrowed ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
booksdates

United States

#1 Apr 17, 2008
This show is a total farce so people like Mariah Carey should be trotted around like a show pony. Mariah, the same person who after her father bought her all of that shiney dental work wouldn't even speak to him after she became a star, also the one who married Tommy Mottola because he was the president of the label and then divorced him after she became a household name so IMHO she is a total phoney...Simon was a low level record exec that got lucky with this show concept. He was at least smart enough to sell the show only if he was one of the stars so at the very least he is a good hustler. Ms. Paula is a total goof. Her "career" was DOA until she hooked into this show. She could never sing in tune and was an ok dancer at best. A little production and of course she became a singing star because of the packaging. Dumb show, however what do I know because more people vote on the contestants than they do for the president.
Hoffman Estates Mike

Cary, IL

#2 Apr 17, 2008
Classic pop music and good looking women works for me. Sober or not, the judges try to make it a fun time for all. I would rather have these people in my home than another cop show or doctor drama.
Hardliner

Hoffman Estates, IL

#3 Apr 17, 2008
What a shame. She was the best piece of trim on the show. Not much point in watching now. That Irish girl with the hideous tattoos gets fatter every week and the other bleach blond Brook is anorexic and annoying. They should let Archuleta and Cook have a cage match fight to decide the title.
LUCY

Tulsa, OK

#4 Apr 17, 2008
IT'S ABOUT TIME THEY GOT RID OF HER GOOD GRIEF.....
HOW SHE BEAT OUT THE AUSSIE I WILL NEVER KNOW

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5 Apr 17, 2008
booksdates wrote:
This show is a total farce so people like Mariah Carey should be trotted around like a show pony. Mariah, the same person who after her father bought her all of that shiney dental work wouldn't even speak to him after she became a star, also the one who married Tommy Mottola because he was the president of the label and then divorced him after she became a household name so IMHO she is a total phoney...Simon was a low level record exec that got lucky with this show concept. He was at least smart enough to sell the show only if he was one of the stars so at the very least he is a good hustler. Ms. Paula is a total goof. Her "career" was DOA until she hooked into this show. She could never sing in tune and was an ok dancer at best. A little production and of course she became a singing star because of the packaging. Dumb show, however what do I know because more people vote on the contestants than they do for the president.
Gosh, you are soooooooo smart.

Be sure and tell Kelly Clarksen, Chis Daughtry, and Carrie Underwood that American Idol is a FARCE.
Kelly, 9 million records sold,
Chris, 4 million records sold,
Carrie, 8 million records sold.

Who knew a FARCE could be so profitable?

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#6 Apr 17, 2008
Hoffman Estates Mike wrote:
Classic pop music and good looking women works for me. Sober or not, the judges try to make it a fun time for all. I would rather have these people in my home than another cop show or doctor drama.
Agreed, it's funny, esp. the auditions and the winner is not always the best performer but for the most part, they winners have been successful. Look at the non winners? One of them won an Oscar for goodness sake. No matter what you think about the show, it's definitely a great place to launch a career. Even William Hung will tell you that. That loser has sold over 250,000 copies of his disastrous performance.
booksdates

United States

#7 Apr 17, 2008
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Gosh, you are soooooooo smart.
Be sure and tell Kelly Clarksen, Chis Daughtry, and Carrie Underwood that American Idol is a FARCE.
You are now just figuring that out? I have rep'd people with 40 million sold so don't even go there. The show is a total set up and yes FARCE in regard to who stays and who goes. Also, it's not how many you sell. It's how many you get paid for!! I know people that have sold more than your aboved mentioned "stars" who are still sleeping on people's couches. My opinion still stands on the goofs that are considered experts. Total b.s. in terms of their own abilities.
booksdates

United States

#8 Apr 17, 2008
Hardliner wrote:
What a shame. She was the best piece of trim on the show. Not much point in watching now. That Irish girl with the hideous tattoos gets fatter every week and the other bleach blond Brook is anorexic and annoying. They should let Archuleta and Cook have a cage match fight to decide the title.
All said and done I like your style man!! Well done!!
Dewey Cox

United States

#9 Apr 17, 2008
This show is still on the air?
jason delo

Hammond, IN

#10 Apr 17, 2008
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Gosh, you are soooooooo smart.
Just because something is profitable, does in no way make it credible.
T-man

Chicago, IL

#11 Apr 17, 2008
Hardliner wrote:
Well said.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#12 Apr 17, 2008
booksdates wrote:
<quoted text> You are now just figuring that out? I have rep'd people with 40 million sold so don't even go there. The show is a total set up and yes FARCE in regard to who stays and who goes. Also, it's not how many you sell. It's how many you get paid for!! I know people that have sold more than your aboved mentioned "stars" who are still sleeping on people's couches. My opinion still stands on the goofs that are considered experts. Total b.s. in terms of their own abilities.
OHHHHHHHHH, have you "rep'd people with 40 million sold?"

Sold what, condoms?

At least your opening statement gave me a chuckle. Thanks for that. 40 million sold. BA HA HAH AH AH HA HAH AH AHA HA H HA HAH AHAHAH AH HAH A HA HA HAH AHAH AH AH A H AHHA

You sound a little 'green' to me. Inexperienced and/or envious. Were you an Idol castoff or what? lol

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#13 Apr 17, 2008
jason delo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. I'll agree with that. Some may say it is not a credible show when someone like Taylor Hicks wins. Clearly, he was NOT the best performer that season. Just look at Chris Daughtry (4th place that season) and his sold out concerts and record sales in the millions. You don't even hear about Taylor anymore. That is because if they aren't good, their albums won't sell. If they are, they will have staying power.

I think that when these winners receive multiple Grammys, AMA's, CMA'S, and an Oscar, it's hard for the average Joe to say "NO credibility" when clearly the professionals and America says they do.

I see why some people don't like the show. I don't like Americas Biggest Loser but my not liking it doesn't make it a bad show. It's my opinion, and like yours and others, in the end, it really doesn't matter, does it?

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#14 Apr 17, 2008
T-man wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
I would love to see David Cook smack geeky David Archuleta around a ring. Now THAT'S entertainment people!!!!!!!!!!

David Cook is the best contestant remaining at this point (now that Michael is gone. That guy is gonna be a huge star in spite of his departure from Idol!)

David Archuleta has absolutely NO stage presence at all whereas David Cook has the whole package.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#15 Apr 17, 2008
LUCY wrote:
IT'S ABOUT TIME THEY GOT RID OF HER GOOD GRIEF.....
HOW SHE BEAT OUT THE AUSSIE I WILL NEVER KNOW
That boy is DELICIOUS. Even my husband said he was hot. I predict he will be even more successful than Chris Daughtry.

No one even came close to Michael this season. His range is unbelievable and his performances were rivoting. Archuletas were snoozers. Remember, that week was the 2nd lowest rated week in AI history. He just got screwed. Like Daughtry but look at him now and where is the winner from that season? Who knows what Taylor is doing and who cares. America screwed up that season, but for the most part, they got it right the other seasons.
Big Tuna

Elmhurst, IL

#16 Apr 17, 2008
Hardliner wrote:
This pretty well sums it up. Add the kid with the dreds and stupid smile sings like Pat Boone
VfV

East Hartford, CT

#17 Apr 17, 2008
jason delo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.

This show Jumped the Shark a long time ago. It's as if American will buy into anything that is shoved down their throats.

Instead of great individual artists that give us something new and fresh, we have these cookie-cutter idiots that win year-after-year and are replaceable anyway.
booksdates

United States

#18 Apr 17, 2008
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>OHHHHHHHHH, have you "rep'd people with 40 million sold?"
Sold what, condoms?
At least your opening statement gave me a chuckle. Thanks for that. 40 million sold. BA HA HAH AH AH HA HAH AH AHA HA H HA HAH AHAHAH AH HAH A HA HA HAH AHAH AH AH A H AHHA
You sound a little 'green' to me. Inexperienced and/or envious. Were you an Idol castoff or what? lol
Try Three Dog Night. Neither green nor envious just making money. I wouldn't get into the talent side of the biz if you put a gun to my head. Too trendy. You are boring me so this will be my last response you little being!!!
Big Tuna

Elmhurst, IL

#19 Apr 17, 2008
booksdates wrote:
<quoted text> Try Three Dog Night. Neither green nor envious just making money. I wouldn't get into the talent side of the biz if you put a gun to my head. Too trendy. You are boring me so this will be my last response you little being!!!
how are things going with Sanjaya?
Fashion Police

Chicago, IL

#20 Apr 17, 2008
Can Brooke be next to go...please? She is soo annoying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man pleads no contest to stealing over $260k fr... Jun 25 good day 1
News Grants Pass elderly woman facing no cause eviction Jun '17 good day 1
moving to oregon (Sep '06) Apr '17 Mydadwasaperuvian... 188
Mike Mar '17 Greg 1
News Judge Rejects Insanity Claim, Convicts Oregon M... Mar '17 Popwasaperuvianim... 1
Lindsey D Johnson Mar '17 The angel of death 1
Jerry and Amy Harrington child abusers (Feb '13) Mar '17 Lookng 5

Selma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Selma Mortgages