Next Last
donut

Prattville, AL

#182 Oct 25, 2012
agree, but don't hold your breath
hotdog

United States

#183 Oct 27, 2012
The crooked book keeper needs to stop lying to people saying that she didn't get convicted. What planet is she on?
leader2

Anniston, AL

#184 Oct 17, 2013
Well, well, well, Judge Wiggins in trouble with the law again.
Hotdog2

Montgomery, AL

#185 Oct 17, 2013
Surprise, surprise, surprise?
Roses1950

Tuscaloosa, AL

#186 Oct 23, 2013
hotdog wrote:
The crooked book keeper needs to stop lying to people saying that she didn't get convicted. What planet is she on?
You don't know what you are talking about. I talked to her and she was just relieved that she was found "not guilty" of the rediculous theft charge.
Kimberly clark

Pike Road, AL

#187 May 23, 2014
Thank you for the info I was conserving sending my son there his I.q is 185 but you have saved me money.Well all I can say is McGill tooled here he comes.
FormerMorganite

Hendersonville, TN

#188 Oct 14, 2014
This is comical. Anybody that considers Morgan an "elite" school simply because it is a private school has no clue what they are talking about. Morgan is far from expensive. Most of the parents are far from rich. They just don't want their children in the Selma/Dallas County public school system and can you blame them? What are the alternatives? Meadowview? Not everybody wants religion crammed down their throats, either. If you don't want to waste an hour each day on Bible class and to have your children taught religion-based science, then you send them to Morgan. MOST parents at Morgan never attended there as most Morgan graduates left the area. The greater majority of current parents went to Selma High, Dallas County or went to Meadowview. Several didn't even grow up in the area. Very few of the current parents graduated from Morgan. The ones who did graduate from Morgan and are still in Selma are there because they went to tech school at Wallace because their parents couldn't afford college other than having them live at home and going to tech school OR they came back to go into the family business. Even back in the 70's, 80's and 90's, Morgan was NOT an expensive school (tuition was under $100/mo) and not all students enrolled there came from rich families. Yes, they had their share of doctor's children and lawyer's children because where else were they going to send their children to school? But, the greater majority of students at Morgan did not come from rich backgrounds. They just had parents who cared about their education. I have no idea how this impression of "rich kid" and "elite school" got started because it is not true what-so-ever. Never has been true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cow Case Conviction May 17 Barry 2
Why is the Tin Man's Gallery being demolished? May 16 Joe 2
News Guest commentary: Yes, we do still have an impo... May 10 Kudzu 1
Civil rights from heaven to earth May 6 gab 13
News Major drug bust frees Selma neighborhood (Aug '06) May 2 WoW 116
are whites allowed to live in selma , because ... (Feb '13) May 2 Mat 3
New store coming where JcPenny was. Belk suppos... (Sep '14) May 2 Matthew Smith 10
More from around the web

Selma People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]