The Freedom Foundation and The House ...

Since: Dec 08

United States

#17038 Mar 1, 2011
Historian wrote:
Hey Kenny, why did the house of God move to Colorado? Do you know? Were they escaping possible repercussions from the rapes.
There was no House of God before Colorado. The cult that Duke was part of in GA, and also after he moved to Chicago for a short stint, had Bob Stewart for a leader. It was simply called the Bible Study, but officially it was the Church of Faith Grace and Truth.

According to my source, the children that were sexually molested were two girls and one boy, all grandchildren of Bob Stewart. They were molested by Stewart's nephew who was a leader in the group, and one of his sexual partners. There was a journal kept by these two that was supposedly in the hands of one of Selma's former police officers.

Stewart became ill shortly after this and died soon after.

The group also had a consulting firm - the name escapes me at the moment, but it was a Georgia corporation, and I have the documentation. There is a connection to CO with this group two or three years before Duke moved there to take his position with MDC Holdings:

One of StewartÂ’s followers was a high school friend of Dukes, who had a connection with another friend who owns office furniture supply business in the Denver area. Stewart would travel to Denver in his motor home, and he met Dan Vaughn there when Dan worked at a recreational vehicle center after he was no longer working on staff at Niwot Christian Church. Matt Skelton, StewartÂ’s nephew and others lived in CO for a while working for the office supply company.

With the exception of Duke and one other person, Kim Richardson, no one else who was involved with Stewart is a follower of Duke. The aforementioned high school friend of Duke was employed by MDC with (by) Duke, but when he refused to see Duke as the chosen one, he was fired. He never became a follower of Duke.

Hope that helps.
selmian

Grovetown, GA

#17039 Mar 1, 2011
i know this is a stretch and off topic, but i often wonder what would have happened if JL had lived longer.

rest in peace, JL.

according to article in STJ, it seems your estate is seeking rose's favorite cause "justice."

Since: Dec 08

United States

#17040 Mar 1, 2011
One correction to my previous post; one other person who was involved with Bob Stewart's cult and is still involved with Duke: Matt Skelton.
AOOT

Belcourt, ND

#17041 Mar 1, 2011
Matt denied being a member of the Freedom Foundation.(June 2010).
We did not question his CURRENT personal involvement with Mr. Duke at that time.
mom and pop

Avon, IN

#17042 Mar 1, 2011
Allan McConnell wrote:
One correction to my previous post; one other person who was involved with Bob Stewart's cult and is still involved with Duke: Matt Skelton.
where is matt working/living now?
Kenny

Littleton, CO

#17043 Mar 1, 2011
Historian wrote:
Hey Kenny, why did the house of God move to Colorado? Do you know? Were they escaping possible repercussions from the rapes. Were you promised great accomplishments (i.e. fruits) in Colorado as you were in Alabama? I think I know the reason for the move to Selma but what some folks might not know is that the neighborhood association in Castle Rock was about to take legal action against Mark to shut down the "bible studies" at his house. He got really miffed and miraculously God spoke to Mark and told him to look for a better money draw. Did any of the promised glories come to pass while you were in Colorado? Did you all really believe there were no needy folks in Colorado?

THOG did not move to Colorado, it actually started here. Mark, Matt and Kim were the only people from the old Bob and Edna group. All that group in Atlanta fell to pieces
mom and pop

Avon, IN

#17044 Mar 2, 2011
i guess rape and cover up would help contribute to a groups demise?

makes me wonder if that is why the group imploded in Atlanta?

Since: Jul 09

Birmingham, AL

#17045 Mar 2, 2011
I heard the cult puppet, Ronald SMith, say the other day on their "Blame and Hypocrite Show" that kids are always watching and following their parents. He gave a story about them riding in the car and his son was in the back seat mirroring his moves. In typical poor mouth fashion, he made the story out to be about how "others" should watch what they do around their kids and blah blah blah. In other words, their actions are a direct result of their upbringing.

Sooooo, I wonder what that says about the "rape story"? I guess moving his kid off to another state with cult members was the "safe" and "parental" lead? The audacity for this hypocrite to get on the radio and speak about being a role model for anyone, muchless his kid. To continue to cover this up is not only criminal, but sick in the head. This group of money hustling thugs amd religious scam artist running this cult have their day coming. This scam of ruining peoples lives by using, brainwashing, and controlling them is going to ALL come crashing down in a ball of fire one day. I hope and pray I will be lucky enough to be around when it does.
fascinated

United States

#17046 Mar 3, 2011
A few more Colorado statistics, lest we think all of their problem areas are on the reservations. From 2000 to today, Colorado's population living in poverty has tripled, all over the state, with a huge percentage of those children. They've ranked 35th among the 50 states in school funding, based on fairness of distribution.....and the majority of their homeless are Hispanic and African American. Douglas County....from whence cometh galloping out of the west, the Selma saviors.....though one of the wealthiest counties in the nation, contributes the lowest amount to charity of any of the counties.....and even their percentage of homelessness, hunger and child abuse has doubled in the past three years. There are agencies and charitable orgs trying to help, but Freedom Foundation isn't one of them. Is anyone surprised? They didn't come to Selma to help a single soul....and certainly aren't interested in the poor. Those people can be dangerous and if you're deathly afraid of toilet tissue in your yard, you don't care to hob-nob with folks with guns. They came to raise easy money. gain control and own a town with a ready excuse for that fund-raising.......race. Colorado was too big and Selma, with its easily preyed upon reputation was too convenient to pass up. Too bad nobody bothers to check credentials before they soothe their own souls and polish their own halos by tossing money at any group who says they have easy answers.
mom and pop

Avon, IN

#17047 Mar 3, 2011
capt goon, i was speaking of the tape where mark duke was speaking of the two rapes that occured on his property prior to them moving to selma

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#17048 Mar 3, 2011
fascinated wrote:
A few more Colorado statistics, lest we think all of their problem areas are on the reservations. From 2000 to today, Colorado's population living in poverty has tripled, all over the state, with a huge percentage of those children. They've ranked 35th among the 50 states in school funding, based on fairness of distribution.....and the majority of their homeless are Hispanic and African American. Douglas County....from whence cometh galloping out of the west, the Selma saviors.....though one of the wealthiest counties in the nation, contributes the lowest amount to charity of any of the counties.....and even their percentage of homelessness, hunger and child abuse has doubled in the past three years. There are agencies and charitable orgs trying to help, but Freedom Foundation isn't one of them. Is anyone surprised? They didn't come to Selma to help a single soul....and certainly aren't interested in the poor. Those people can be dangerous and if you're deathly afraid of toilet tissue in your yard, you don't care to hob-nob with folks with guns. They came to raise easy money. gain control and own a town with a ready excuse for that fund-raising.......race. Colorado was too big and Selma, with its easily preyed upon reputation was too convenient to pass up. Too bad nobody bothers to check credentials before they soothe their own souls and polish their own halos by tossing money at any group who says they have easy answers.
Having lived in Denver, I can tell you that the way that Hispanics are treated out there is appalling, and, I have said forever that, if the FF was on the level, they would have stayed there and worked on their own, home-grown discriminations and injustices.
Could Smell A RAT

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#17049 Mar 3, 2011
Seems as times passes it becomes clearer that Roger Clendening (writer/journalist in Denver area) whose interview with former Selma mayor, James Perkins could be accessed through a link posted on this Forum)has no intention of verifying any of the information provided by Perkins or taking a closer look at the Freedom Foundation despite multiple email requests. Just because someone says something and I write it must make it so, right, Mr. Clendening? Reporting at its finest!!!!(sarcasm implied of course)
AOOT

Belcourt, ND

#17050 Mar 3, 2011
Wonder how many speaking engagements come from this
(It's still on his biography).
Senior Human Resources Executive
Demographic info
Greater Atlanta Area | Human Resources
Current:President at Freedom Foundation Past:Senior Vice President and Chief Human Relations Officer at MDC Holdings, Inc, Vice President of Human Resources and National Recruitment at AT&am...Education:Southeas tern Theological Seminary/Wake Forrest, Mars Hill College Summary:National speaker on change management, diversity in the work place, leadership development, and inspiring workforces. An expert in developing com...
fascinated

United States

#17051 Mar 3, 2011
You're right Rat......not a word from the esteemed Mr. Clendening. If anyone hears from the rather testy gentleman, let us know. I'd like to know there's at least one "journalist" in Colorado with an ounce of curiosity in his/her bones. I've given up the thought that there might be anyone who would actually go to the trouble to investigate anything on their own......too busy and not worth their valuable time as "writers" and "readers" of the news stories others toss in their laps....if, of course, they also happen to want to HEAR said stories. So far, the crickets are alive, well and still chirping in the otherwise great silent west.
mom and pop

Avon, IN

#17052 Mar 4, 2011
mr. clendening is no different than many in the media through the ages. not enough backbone to admit he made a mistake, not enough ethics to follow up and working on repairing the damage he has done.

it is said that the media in Germany swirled around adolf hitler, even though there were reports of misconduct. many of them just couldn't wait to get an interview and people couldn't wait to get their picture taken with him.

even people all around the world admired him early on, overlooking the bad for how he changed the economy for the better.

then there was winston churchill who is quoted as saying:

"If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons."

Winston Churchill

now THAT is a real man!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#17053 Mar 4, 2011
mom and pop wrote:
mr. clendening is no different than many in the media through the ages. not enough backbone to admit he made a mistake, not enough ethics to follow up and working on repairing the damage he has done.
it is said that the media in Germany swirled around adolf hitler, even though there were reports of misconduct. many of them just couldn't wait to get an interview and people couldn't wait to get their picture taken with him.
even people all around the world admired him early on, overlooking the bad for how he changed the economy for the better.
then there was winston churchill who is quoted as saying:
"If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons."
Winston Churchill
now THAT is a real man!
Sadly, fascism is a very seductive political philosophy. It appeals to discontent and self-preservation (as in "everything is the fault of the Jews/Muslims/blacks/Italians/I rish Immigrants/Chinese/Bankers/Rul ing class/dirty gypsies/you-name-it, etc etc etc) and offers simplistic solutions. This is very attractive to people who have trouble with anything but "black-and-white" explanations and are uncomfortable with the "grey areas" of life and society. Millions of otherwise good-hearted people were (and still are) seduced into thinking that their leaders were doing the right, albeit difficult, thing to preserve their society. Communism works pretty much the same way. Hitler rose to power on a huge wave of discontent and demoralization following WWI when Germany was plunged into economic and social chaos.
This is one of the reasons that people of faith HAVE to lead the way. We HAVE to be able to perceive wrong and to stand up and say "this is wrong" when we see that it's wrong and be prepared to defend against those who would tear down our society, whether it's in Selma or a whole country.
Downwind

Port Chester, NY

#17054 Mar 4, 2011
New post today on Angelfire: "DID THEY SAY THAT??
3-4-11" blasting some of FF's fave people.
AOOT

Belcourt, ND

#17055 Mar 4, 2011
Saw that-- where are you Mr. Clendening?
Following up on the Selma Saga???
Bet not.
Historian

Montgomery, AL

#17056 Mar 5, 2011
I woke up this morning thinking of the freedoms I have in this life. The freedom to read any book I want to read, when I want to read it. There are no taboo books in my life and no one telling me what to read. The freedom to visit any web site whenever I might choose to go surfing. The only limitation I have on my ability to explore the web is my own lack of knowledge. The freedom to choose where I will go to church this week. I will be missed at "my" church but I will not be punished for straying. The freedom to choose who I will spend my time with and how I will spend my time. No one dictates to me how I should live my life or who my friends should be. The freedom to choose where and how I will spend my money. "My" church will welcome me if I do not give so much as a penny. The freedom to like or dislike what others around me are doing. I am free to speak up and question or say I do not agree with what others might do or say. I have these freedoms, as do all of us who have the privilege of living in this fabulous country. These are just some of the freedoms my dad and my uncle went to war and fought for. Why would I throw them away? I know the members of this wretched cult will say they have the freedom to choose but I have the right and freedom to say they are lying and they are afraid to question or to insist on the right to choose. Jubilee here in Selma is about freedom. Many of those "celebrating" here today will be "voluntarily" wearing a yoke designed to control not only the movement of their bodies but their hearts and minds as well. It is JUBILEE! STAND UP AND BE FREE! RECLAIM YOUR LIVES before Mark, Shawn and Gwen ask you to drink one more drop of the swill they are serving you.
Historian

Montgomery, AL

#17057 Mar 5, 2011
Hey Kenny, I'm just wondering again...how many Martin Luther King celebrations did y'all have out there in Colorado? How many FF volunteers came to Selma to celebrate Jubilee before 2007? How many homes of Native Americans did you guys go to for clean up days? How many "needy" folks did the FF/HOG serve who were not members of the organizations? Do you know if the FF is organizing marches and protests on behalf of the Hispanic community? Is the FF in Colorado or is it just in Selma and Atlanta? Is the Dan Vaughan who left the HOG in Colorado the same Dan Vaughan who is now with Mark in Atlanta? Do the men get to massage Mark's feet during Bible studies or is that considered a woman's job? Are there clearly defined jobs for men and women in the home? It almost appears to me that there are very definite "rules" for men and women to follow. Are women allowed to cut their hair? It seems that all of the women I have seen have long hair. Is there a reason for that?

Love these days off when I can just sit and wonder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Johnny Leashore should apologize to Selma for: (Sep '08) Jun 21 Mskey2jazzy 12
District Attorney's Office Wins Another Murder ... (Dec '10) Jun 14 Topper 26
News A few weeks before he died, Malcolm X endured a... Jun 13 RMGHispanic Causi... 2
News Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at Jun 12 Marie-Luise_J 1
I Still Love You (May '13) Jun 3 KarmaBS 2
News Alabama woman bitten by fire ants dies while pl... May 28 commenters 1
News Marion added to Selma to Montgomery National Hi... (Jul '15) May 27 Sandra 626 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Selma Mortgages