AOOT

Bellingham, WA

#16976 Feb 22, 2011
"Let's see--- 30 awards at 5 bucks a pop-- thats 150 bucks- small peanuts when you consider all that great publicity it will get us- PRESIDENTIAL AWARDS, that will really look good on our website-
that will make those yahoos on that there devil forum eat their words--- just a few less Happy Meals would do it---or we could take it out of that Pepsi grant we are in the running for- or maybe one of the Colorado guys could take out another LLC- or we could use some of those donations to RATCo that come every day-- Hmmm-- I've heard they are even considering giving us the NOBEL PEACE Prize, Lord knows we have brought peace to Selma. I hear there is a good size chunck of money given to Nobel winners. Keep this under your hat but I have also heard that the Whites have been nominated for Academy Awards, that is Daddy and Pearlie have been, And then there is that there Tony award------"
AINT NO STOPPIN'US NOW--YEEHAW!"
AOOT

Bellingham, WA

#16977 Feb 22, 2011
Loving- here are the recipients-
Bronze level Recipients

Brandi Hatter
Claire Compton
Cynthia Gibson
Jane McGowan
Jarvis Cleveland
Jeff McGowan
Lee Farnsworth
Ronald Smith
Tylisa Black

Silver Level Recipients
Barak Gibson
Cody Clark
Eileen Farnsworth
Jarah Botello
Karen Bronson
Kelly Bronson
Lisa Heuss
Patrick Mathews
Promise Farnsworth
Robert Botello
Zusha Torres

Gold Level Recipients
Amanda Farnsworth
Jayme McGowan
Julie McGowan
Katie Clark
Morgan Farnsworth

I was mistaken in my earlier post- the director of the theater group DID get an award- Gold- no less.
But not the instigator of the Project Dance, wonder why since her 2 other partners in leading the project did.
Saved by Grace

Denver, CO

#16978 Feb 23, 2011
Interesting. Only four names on that list are not from Colorado. What about the hundreds of volunteers they have from Selma?
AOOT

Bellingham, WA

#16979 Feb 23, 2011
I don't know what the rest of you guys think but,
seriously, this time I think they have gone too far. It is one thing to create awards to give yourself as they did with the Courage and Freedom awards they handed out to Perkins and the others recently but this claim is no doubt meant to pull in donations from a much larger area than Selma and Parker. FRAUD.....
How about a story with the FACTS in your local newpaper??? Starting with the information on how you can BUY the "letters from the president and the pins etc".
This is rotten to the core.
AOOT

Bellingham, WA

#16980 Feb 23, 2011
SBG- besides Ron Smith and J Cleveland, who are the other two not from Colorado?
AOOT

Bellingham, WA

#16981 Feb 23, 2011
To date, the Presidentís Council has partnered with more than 80 Leadership Organizations and more than 28,000 Certifying Organizations to bestow more than 1.5 million awards to the Nation's deserving volunteers.
And all it takes is a few gallons of paint and a couple trash bags.

Make that scum bags.
fascinated

United States

#16982 Feb 23, 2011
Whether it's any of those organizations, individuals or groups, if the awards are applied for by me and awarded by me to me....it's pretty obvious that it's all about publicity.....for me. Besides, the Federal, state, county and city governments haven't been able to manage on mere tax funds much of anywhere in the country, so all that's needed to fix the problem is to put a fancy title on yet another unregulated program, suck in a few more dollars and look "righteous" in the process. Nothing wrong with it....as long as you know what's going on.
Loving the real Selma

Montgomery, AL

#16983 Feb 23, 2011
Does the Freedom Foundation in Selma have hundreds of volunteers?
Saved by Grace

Denver, CO

#16984 Feb 23, 2011
Brandi Hatter and Zusha Torres

"hundreds of volunteers" was my attempt at sarcasm
AOOT

Bellingham, WA

#16985 Feb 23, 2011
I doubt anyone knows how many volunteers they have, depends on what you call a volunteer.
sounds to me like if their lips are moving, they are lying. I know they claimed to have over 200 in their earlier websites.
AOOT

Bellingham, WA

#16986 Feb 24, 2011
I wonder if all the recipients of those awards know they were purchased for them or is that only known by the leadership.
It would be a little disheartening to believe you had been cited by President Obama and then discover you had been cited by President Brown.
I don't think I would be wearing my lapel pin.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#16987 Feb 24, 2011
what is the point of an "award" if anybody can come up with some paperwork and buy it?
As to this former mayor. We need to keep his antics well-documented so that every word out of his lying mouth comes back to bite him if he DARES to try and run for office again!
AOOT

Bellingham, WA

#16988 Feb 24, 2011
Point is
DONATIONS
DONATIONS
DONATIONS
Kenny

Littleton, CO

#16989 Feb 24, 2011
fascinated wrote:
Awards of Presidential Proportions!!!!!!!!!!
This is important stuff!!!!!!!!!!
Go to the President's Volunteer Service Award site
Sign up as a "Certifying Organization (non-profit or community-based org; civic, fraternal or service group; faith-based institution; business; school or institution of higher education; national service program; membership org; Federal, state and local government agency)
Certification standards are VERY STRINGENT:
Your org. qualifies if it is legally established in the US, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the US territories.(no proof required)
Listen up now......To earn a President's Volunteer Service Award.....INDIVIDUALS, FAMILIES AND GROUPS MUST KEEP A RECORD OF THEIR ACTIVITIES AND HOURS OF VOLUNTEER SERVICE. THEY CAN TRACK THEIR HRS. IN A JOURNAL AT HOME, ON-LINE........OR THROUGH ANOTHER SYSTEM THAT IS RECOMMENDED BY THEIR CERTIFYING ORGANIZATION. EACH INDIVIDUAL, FAMILY OR GROUP THEN SUBMITS ITS RECORD OF SERVICE TO THE CERTIFYING ORGANIZATION ( no other verification required)
All awards must be ORDERED through officially registered (go on line and sign up) and approved "Certifying Organizations". Certifying Organizations VERIFY HOURS, NOMINATE QUALIFIED VOLUNTEERS, ORDER, PAY FOR AND DISTRIBUTE THE AWARDS LOCALLY.
There are several very reasonably priced PACKAGES of awards to choose from, so if you sign up today, you, too can receive a pre-printed and stamp-signed letter from President Obama see on-line) and/or a certificate from your CERTIFYING ORG and/or a pretty pin. The most expensive package is $4.75. I didn't know Awards of Presidential Proportions!!!!!!!!!!
were so easy to get and came so cheap.
Thanks Fascination for taking time to uncover their deceit. It is so sad how people can literally live this pathological life.
Kenny

Littleton, CO

#16990 Feb 24, 2011
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Wake up blind followers. Kylie you are so able to think on your own! Please do that. Look over this deceitful "marketing". You know the truth and it is not this cult. There is no shame in admitting when you are wrong.
AOOT

Bellingham, WA

#16991 Feb 24, 2011
Freedom Foundation Website- February 24,2011
(TODAY)

In 2005, Mark retired from corporate America to focus his time and efforts on leading the Freedom Foundation. Though he doesnít receive a salary from the foundation, he spends his time and energy leading the foundation in its efforts to restore the Tepperís Building into a community center which will house a coffee shop, youth programs and other community services.
Any visible progress?
Historian

Montgomery, AL

#16992 Feb 24, 2011
AOOT wrote: Any visible progress?

NO, a thousand times NO. I do know the lack of progress has gotten the attention of City Hall. Seems not everyone thinks the green plastic wrap over the decaying plywood is a "good thing". Neither the plastic wrap nor the rotting plywood prevent the stench from seeping out.

What I don't understand is what happened to all the money they had for restoring the building. They haven't spent any money so far so all that money that mark duke said they had must still be there. Why aren't they using it? According to their Architect AJ Page the building is sound so what's the problem? Now for all you kool-aid drinkers who do not read this web site you can just stop telling yourself that I just don't know anything. I was at the 1st meeting when mark duke said the freedom foundation had all the money they needed to restore the Tepper's building and fulfill the vision of the retail business, community center, and youth institute. I was at the Historic Society meeting when he stood there and told us the Freedom Foundation had all the money it needed to complete the restoration and complete the work on the interior. He was very smug about it. Now let me ask you something...the work was done by volunteers, the materials were donated or paid for by grants so where is the money? You sure haven't spent any of it on the Tepper's building. Where's all the money? Did some genius in that lofty cult of yours loose every dime? Where is the money? What a wretched mess you all are in. You still have to pay to keep up mark's house in Selma. Are you having to chip in for the house in Castle Rock or are Cheryl and hubby able to carry the load on that? How about the house in Peachtree City? Isn't that a freedom foundation house that you need to find some cash for? Remember, if you are not willing to pay your part maybe this isn't the right cult/church/foundation/place for you. Then there is always the Church in Selma. That must be costing all of you a pretty penny or does Mark I. get stuck with the full boat on that? Are you beginning to feel like rats on a wheel? The faster and harder you work the less you have? Remember, the more you make the greater your obligation to support all those people and their insatiable desire for more properties and more buildings. So I ask, where's the money? Why haven't you been able to attain even the tiniest shred of the vision? Where's the money?

Kenny, aren't you glad you didn't move here to run the ice cream parlor? Where is the promised ice cream parlor? Where is the money?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#16993 Feb 25, 2011
Historian-

You are waiting for the Teppers Building to be restored ????? I am still waiting for Mark Duke to run for mayor !!!!! lol

Location hidden

#16994 Feb 25, 2011
Since money may be tight he might have to recant what he said and take money (salary) from the "black folk"!

Location hidden

#16995 Feb 25, 2011
Loving the real Selma wrote:
For AOOT and ME - they did file a 990 in 2008 when they were here in Selma. I have not seen anything since that time but maybe I just don't know how to do the search.
Yes, you can view the 2008 990 on line. Interesting that they spent (or said they did) almost 20K on air time for their community building radio show. That was money well spent .....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 VeggieBurger 90
Posssible new restuarants (Dec '13) Nov '14 Dan Presley 6
fun sex looking Oct '14 driver701 1
District Attorney's Office Wins Another Murder ... (Dec '10) Oct '14 Shield 23
Limestone County convicted rapist re-sentenced ... (Dec '13) Oct '14 lizcarney56 3
Old JcPenny Building! Oct '14 Clock 2
Home wrecker in city office. Oct '14 Big Peter 2
Selma Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Selma People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Selma News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Selma

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News