The Freedom Foundation and The House ...
Nehemiah

United States

#3733 Jul 9, 2008
God Bless Selma wrote:
It's noon prayer time.
Lord Jesus,
We come before Your throne of grace right now as a united body of believers.
We believe that You are God and a rewarder of diligent seekers and askers.
We acknowledge Your ability to do all that we ask or even think.
You hear the very heart of man and we turn those hearts to You now.
Lord, You see the common focus of our prayers today.
You see the need for light in our town: the light of Your Truth.
Lord, Let Mark and Becky Duke, Shawn Samuelson, Jason and Becca Armstrong, Matt and Ginger Skelton, Shayne and Tylisa Black, Gwen Brown,
all the Farnsworths, Ronald and Malinda Smith, Kim Richardson, Tom and Carla Morris, the Mcgowan Family, Paul and Terri Armstrong, Josh Hornung, Matt Wynalda, and especially Rob Johnson, be brought into Your light of Truth.
That their hearts would be exposed to Your Light and be judged by Your Word.
Let their souls be allowed a space of repentance and redirection for Your Glory, Jesus!
God Bless Selma with united and powerful pray-ers and prayers.
Amen.
Nehemiah

United States

#3734 Jul 9, 2008
peacemaker wrote:
good morning
i appreciate the discernment of "you people" in this forum and the other forum. i did not come here to cause problems, merely to offer another perspective. the advice of tuningfork in the other forum has been encouraging.
Mark 6:11 (New International Version)
11And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them."
so, i will dust off my feet and leave. have a blessed day.
Peacemaker, I do not remember a problem on this site.

You asked for prayer and it was given in a good spirit.

I would like for you to hang around. There is a lot of important information on these pages.
peacemaker

United States

#3735 Jul 9, 2008
Nehemiah,

yes you did offer prayer in a loving way and i thank you. the calmness brought forth this day has lifted me up. rudeness from some others is the reason I must decline your offer to stay and leave it be to the younger people.

go with God everyone and thank you for kindness.
Dewayne Allday

Avon, IN

#3736 Jul 9, 2008
concerned wrote:
i know some of you that post on this site and i also know that many of you talk out of both sides of your mouth
i have read for quite a time now and would like to express some concern for some of you
many of you have skeletons in your own closets that are keeping you from being all that you can be
don't be a hypocrite
it is easy to sit at a computer "all hours of the day and night" and chat about all of this but there seems to be NO action from you
we can all pray, look up scriptures, talk a big talk but who on here is walking a big walk, i am NOT a FF/HOG person, just a plain simple selma christian that has seen how many of you live your life and then come here and put on a show
Also what is it with the 24/7 posting,
be cautions of who you put stock into on this site and what they say because if you get to now some of you like i do, it is not pretty
I was witnessing to a 13 year boy one day and posed this question to him, "Do you know how to be saved and go to Heaven?", to which he replied... "Sure I do... You can't smoke, drink, or cuss".

To which I replied "No, that has nothing to do with it." Seems to me the boy had seen too many hypocrites himself...

I wonder how Paul replied when he was rebuked for going to the early churches and talking to them about Jesus.... Paul being the Chief of Sinners severely persecuted the very same believers in the past... Literally physical skeletons because of him.

I wonder what our churches would be up to today if Paul had quit talking and writing letters the first time he was scolded... or the second, or the third, forth...?

Paul is our testimony that we should not be discouraged.

Skeletons are dead to some, but alive to others in that they whisper in their ears and say "remain neutral in all matters and you will be blessed"...

Concerned... I'm sorry I offended... please forgive...
Dewayne Allday

Avon, IN

#3737 Jul 9, 2008
peacemaker wrote:
Nehemiah,
yes you did offer prayer in a loving way and i thank you. the calmness brought forth this day has lifted me up. rudeness from some others is the reason I must decline your offer to stay and leave it be to the younger people.
Peacemaker.... may peace be with you...
concerned

Alexander City, AL

#3738 Jul 9, 2008
mr allday
be careful about talking out of both sides of your mouth
you put on a good show on the computer dont you
be careful that some of your recent sins dont come out of their closets and bite you where it hurts, what would your new topix friends think, oh my, not mr allday,
you might want to put your heart where it should be
concerned

Alexander City, AL

#3739 Jul 9, 2008
thank you imnotfooled for your comment
you put some thought into it
Forever lost in Dixie

Montgomery, AL

#3740 Jul 9, 2008
concerned wrote:
mr allday
be careful that some of your recent sins dont come out of their closets and bite you where it hurts, what would your new topix friends think, oh my, not mr allday,
Concerned,
Your post almost fringed on a threat. I do not know Mr. Allday (though I think I may know his wife through the school system) but what I have seen on here, he has never boasted about himself or declared himself anything other than a man. He has expressed his concerns for his community and shared his knowledge of the Christian faith. You however you seem overly bitter in your posts about some of your fellow citizens and perhaps could use some counciling on your resentment issues (may I also suggest herbal tea and meditating).

I will repeat my first post. I am not overly concerned about the FF and their views or non-views on the Holy Trinity. I am however highly concerned about another political wannabe powerhouse coming into a city I made into my home and causing even more racial division than before. I also am concerned about when a group comes into my city and touts about accomplishments that they have yet to perform or suggests to others that my city is close to being a 3rd world nation (or the latest something from the stereotypic trailer trash, uneducated, backwood hicks population). I have lived all over the world and rejoice in the uniqueness of all my Father's children. I have lived next to a man who was married to a chicken and let me tell you... if you can ignore that, you can pretty much ignore anything!

I can not ignore bullies (people who make treats on blogs) or self-centered wannabes who will destroy MY city in order to gain their own agenda!

Watchtower keep watching... Christians keep praying.. and and those doing the digging... keep reporting. The truth will only keep the wolves at bay!

Just my humble opinion mind you.

PS
Concerned,
you want to dig in this old ladies closet? Go Right AHEAD! The only thing ou are going to find are clothes I wish I fit in and a lot of dust bunnies!
mums

Montgomery, AL

#3741 Jul 9, 2008
Dewayne: Don't worry about anything as long as you have Jesus. There is nothing, and I repeat Nothing our Lord, Jesus Christ can't handle. May God bless you and yours. Prayers are being lifted.
Nehemiah

United States

#3742 Jul 9, 2008
peacemaker wrote:
Nehemiah,
I would like to have a conversation with you.
We can do it off of the forum.

My e-mail is [email protected]
mums

Montgomery, AL

#3743 Jul 9, 2008
Concerned: I have to say everyone has skeletons. I'm sure you even have them as well. Heck, I even have them. There will be no one without them until Jesus Christ, returns. Until that day, we are so blessed to have a Saviour, that forgives us. Even though people remember others faults, Jesus, doesn't. Judge not that ye be not judged. Matthew 7:1. May God Bless.

Byw, Whatever you maybe referring too, is no ones business except for Jesus Christ.
Nehemiah

United States

#3744 Jul 9, 2008
IMNOTFOOLED and DeWayne, you have mail.
passing through

Montgomery, AL

#3745 Jul 9, 2008
concerned wrote:
mr allday
That was very uncalled for "concerned". I think by now we have pretty much heard all of the worst case scenarios-not making light of them- but meant to say "hey-who cares"! Leave Mr. Allday alone! People are people and if he is going through a hard time right now the last thing he needs is you butting in. RT
Not Fooled

Montgomery, AL

#3746 Jul 9, 2008
JMO, but "Concerned" sounds like another person deployed to derail the forum. I say ignore HER and stay focused. It's not about who does or does not have skeltons in their closets...we all do. There's none righteous, no not one. Thank God for grace and salvation through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Dewayne Allday

Avon, IN

#3747 Jul 9, 2008
Wow... Forever Lost In Dixie... Nice to know someone has my back :o) Are you sure you want to do that?:o)

I must say, that I've had to pray about this one... I knew it was coming since my first post. That's what happens when you talk about anything that has a little grit to it... You, they don't sell them there grits up north..:o)(no pun to redneck pictures intended :o)

Concerned, I am not perfect. I've said on this post before, if it weren't for Jesus Christ, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. He gives us grace and I was in no want trying to hurt you. Life's not perfect, it can be hard, and I'm not sure why you would want to hurt me (but I think I know).

If you're reading something in my posts that strikes a nerve, just know that those very same words I speak to myself... MD asked me 6 months or so ago about being the contractor on the old Teppers building, to which I replied that I was way too busy (in a nice way) and recently in some email correspondance with him (with both of us pretending he doesn't read these posts here) he asked me about coming over and discussing any referrals I may have for a "good" contractor to start work this fall.. Read into that anyway you want friend...

my prayer the other night was not intended for anyone in particular outside of myself, in that I was being tempted also, but it was a good prayer and if anyone else could have benefited from it than so be it, but it wasn't meant to bring ill will on you or your family.

However, just know that bully's are not very pretty people... and my wife's been telling me that posting my thoughts were a little scary... My family is a very loving family and a lot of people know me and my children and know we're peaceful people. She was scared to death and began to cry when I read your post to her... My sympathy to you turned to a great anger swelling up in my heart for a few minutes and I really prayed to God that my anger would subside.

Well.. it's subsided :o) and right now, allow a sinner to pray...

Heavenly Father, God in Heaven... as always, I am humble before you God, please protect my thoughts, and my spirit. Give me strength, wisdom, discernment and show me your will for me and my heart. I am very passionate about this city and the people that want it to be a loving, caring place. I knew I would draw critism on this forum, but God, I've never had an enemy that I was aware of and I've never cared for politics, so help me to understand... Lord, I know I am not perfect, but it's you that gives me strength... Without your love I am nothing... and in the darkness you are my light... I pray that you protect my family from the enemy and that my family grows smart and strong and do powerful things for your will and your people... I pray for the spirit of those that do not agree with me, and I pray for my open mindness and discernment for when I disagree with others, that I do not jump to fast to disagree, but that I patiently listen and look at all sides of the equation... and even then, I pray that I do not close my heart and mind to change... Lord, I also pray for those who may say bad things of me or my family, and I pray for my heart when they do, that no hatred enters in, that my anger will subside so that I can lead a productive life, that it rolls off my back and that it rolls off my family's back even more so than me. I pray if it's your will that anyone get's hit, it is me and not my family God.. I pray this with all of my heart... Please forgive me of my sins and melt my skeletons away in the blood of your Son Jesus Christ, in his name I pray..

Amen
special delivery

Auburn, AL

#3748 Jul 9, 2008
Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be your name.

Your Kingdom come,

your will be done,

on earth as in heaven

Give us today our daily bread.

Forgive us our sins,

as we forgive those who sin against us.

Lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from evil.

For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours.

Now and for ever.

Amen
helpselma

Montgomery, AL

#3749 Jul 9, 2008
concerned wrote:
thank you imnotfooled for your comment
you put some thought into it
If you are going to attack Mr. Allday on this forum as you have done...I think it only fair that you post under your real name so that those interested( and I for one am not) may have the opportunity to peek inside your closet. I will say this for Mr. Allday...I do respect a man that is willing to put his name and reputation on the line by using his real name when voicing opinions on this board. Kenny from Colorado is another that has laid it all on the line to take a stand for Jesus. I respect that! Thank God for Jesus who swept out this ole' closet....

PS...I LUV MUMS!:o)
the historian

Albertville, AL

#3750 Jul 9, 2008
Hammer wrote:
selma animal hospital and moore stewart ford owners are affilated with the HOG
fyi
This is not true. You need to check your facts before you post stuff like this. T
concerned

Alexander City, AL

#3751 Jul 9, 2008
wow, just as i though a lot of double sided speaking going on
it is amazing that many of you can sit here and "preach" in one breath and turn to someone else and curse like a sailor in another breath
also i am staying quiet about somethings for now because there are some really nice people that are at risk of getting hurt, by the way, mr a how is your family, all well i hope
again be cautious of how much you "think" you know one another because anyone can come on here and "act" like a saint
of course i will NEVER be perfect and praise GOD every day for HIS salvation to keep me from rotting in hell
remember is is easy to talk like a christian but it is another to walk like a christian,
on that note, i pray to see more of you "walking" more and less "talking" because we will all be "known" by our works in HIS eyes and i am not talking about working for a living....
take care and may GOD truly bless you all
Forever lost in Dixie

Montgomery, AL

#3752 Jul 9, 2008
Hammer wrote:
selma animal hospital and moore stewart ford owners are affilated with the HOG
fyi
Hey Guys,
I just want to remind you of something (and I remind you again religious references are not my forte)...A House Divided Against Itself Will Fall (Luke 11:17). We MUST stop arguing and accusing our neighbors of being the "enemy". Some of those I have seen accused have been your friends and neighbors for a heck of a long time. You have worshiped beside them, rejoiced with them in good times, cried with them in the bad times and comforted each other when life was imposible. You have shared meals with them and maybe perhaps drank a glass of cold icetea while sitting on their porch talking about this "Gawd Aweful heat we are having" and catching up on whose grandbaby is going to which college. You have been to their family's christenings, weddings and funerals. You know them as sure as you know that the sun will rise in the East.

Do you remember several years ago when it seemed as if the whole town went down to Broad Street to send our men and women off to Iraq? I do. I will never forget the immense pride I felt watching people of all ages waving american flags and yellow ribbons as the troops drove out of our fair city. This is when I decided that my husband and I made the right decision in making Selma our home.
Do you remember how we all worked together as a town to welcome people fleeing hurricane Katrina? As a family we worked, not complaining just welcoming. Although I was not here at the time, I heard stories about after 9/11. Do you remember raising your American flag and seeing your neighbor do the same. Did you cry with them? Did you feel blessed that something that terrible did not happen to OUR town because of the people that live here?
I know I will always remember this past winter when I lost my father-n-law. People I did not really know that well brought me casseroles and pies. Why? Because I was their neighbor and a citizen in this town.

I just feel that if we throw accusations around about these people we call our neighbors and friends, then we are allowing the FF win at least one battle. If they can divide us as a community and have us fight eachother then they can go about their business and ride up under the radar. I for one am not going to let this happen.

When I do see someone becoming too close to them, I gently council them about what I have seen and heard. I allow them to make up their own mind while I speak mine. I will not give up on them. Why? Because they are from Selma... my home.

(JMHO)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New store coming where JcPenny was. Belk suppos... (Sep '14) May 16 Dan Presley 27
Blacks need to wipe the black off the face May 14 David long 1
I hate black people May 14 Jack Frost 2
News In Selma, Ala., Obama Proved that he is 'Black ... (Mar '15) Apr '17 Retribution 9
News What's causing the collapse of black-owned busi... Apr '17 Ttt 3
News SPD officer arrested on charges of rape (Jan '11) Apr '17 Linda Smith Perryman 22
News Black marchers, white re-enactors find common f... Feb '17 Mikey 3

Selma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Selma Mortgages