the lottery is just a way to take money away from families
ike

Dawsonville, GA

#23 Oct 13, 2010
best for the state
Alabama

United States

#24 Oct 13, 2010
how has the lottery helped other states?
Patti

Saint Peters, MO

#25 Oct 13, 2010
Alabama wrote:
how has the lottery helped other states?
Not so much here in Missouri. Every dime the lottery puts in for schools, the state pulls out and uses the money somewhere else so the schools never profit like they were supposed to.
ThomasA

Sterrett, AL

#26 Oct 13, 2010
Patti wrote:
<quoted text> Not so much here in Missouri. Every dime the lottery puts in for schools, the state pulls out and uses the money somewhere else so the schools never profit like they were supposed to.
Kinda like United Way does when you designate your money to go to one organization. Don't participate,give direct.
NOOR

Lahore, Pakistan

#27 Oct 14, 2010
ROBERT JULIAN BENTLY
Alabama

United States

#28 Oct 14, 2010
the lottery and united way and others miss use the money. the lottery is played by the poor thinking they will get rich quick.
JMP

Birmingham, AL

#29 Oct 14, 2010
Neither candidate is strong, but Sparks has experience in AL gov't.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#30 Oct 14, 2010
Oh yes,keep voting Democratic,we will give millions of law breakers Amnesty,and they will continue to be aloud to suck our social services dry like they are doing right now,tax payers money will continue to go for more bailouts,as Gov. takes over more of our lives,they will tell you what to eat drink and when to exercise,Dems. what to limit your Gun rights and the list goes on,by all means vote for the Dems. and Acorn.and corruption.
Mr Snyder

Phenix City, AL

#31 Oct 14, 2010
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me one legitimate example of the GOP being the party of "NO' if you can.
They voted no to Public Health Care...They say no to unemployment compensation...They say no to the Minimum wage... They say no to taxing the top 2 percent of the income earners in this country...They say no to an import tax on companies who moved American jobs abroad but want to bring thier products back in this country to sell. They say no to a tax break for large companies who build, buy, and hire 100% American. They say no to the thousands of scientist who believe we need to address the Global Warming. They say no to solar, wind, and tidal power projects as well as things like high speed trains and a new rail system...They say no to the infastucture projects that would put people to work...They say no to Unions...They say no to Working America but they say yes,yes,yes to Big Oil, Big Insurance, Banks, Wall-Street and the u.s. chamber of commerce.
Dont trust me, look at how they vote! The truth is in thier voting record! These are the same money grabbing whores Jesus ran out of the temple!!! Got more if you need them.
JoAnn Brewer

Alexander City, AL

#32 Oct 14, 2010
I feel that Dr. Bentley is more in touch with the people of Alabama and has the moral standards needed to be governor.
Raven

Decatur, AL

#33 Oct 14, 2010
JoAnn Brewer wrote:
I feel that Dr. Bentley is more in touch with the people of Alabama and has the moral standards needed to be governor.
People who vote on so called "moral standards" are the problem with this state. I am a Christian woman who has lived here my whole life and I have seen none of our elected officials have truly moral standards especially the ones who had to tell us they had moral standards. The only standards they have is to tell others how they should live while doing the exact opposite.

Please tell me how the rich doctor is more in touch with us little people. Maybe it is because he wants to do away with the health care reform that is good for the poor. Maybe because he wants only the rich priviledged children to be given a good education. Those poor children will never make anything out of themselves anyway right I mean it's not like they might actually become president or something.

There is no such thing as "moral standards" in this country anymore. People want to take the Bible literally until it requires they give a little to someone less fortunate. Anyone who says they are moral and then takes from the poor are hypocrites.

“Dont speak for me”

Since: Apr 10

Alabama

#34 Oct 14, 2010
Sparks all the way.

“Dont speak for me”

Since: Apr 10

Alabama

#35 Oct 14, 2010
Raven wrote:
<quoted text>
People who vote on so called "moral standards" are the problem with this state. I am a Christian woman who has lived here my whole life and I have seen none of our elected officials have truly moral standards especially the ones who had to tell us they had moral standards. The only standards they have is to tell others how they should live while doing the exact opposite.
Please tell me how the rich doctor is more in touch with us little people. Maybe it is because he wants to do away with the health care reform that is good for the poor. Maybe because he wants only the rich priviledged children to be given a good education. Those poor children will never make anything out of themselves anyway right I mean it's not like they might actually become president or something.
There is no such thing as "moral standards" in this country anymore. People want to take the Bible literally until it requires they give a little to someone less fortunate. Anyone who says they are moral and then takes from the poor are hypocrites.
good comment

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#36 Oct 14, 2010
So far I favor Sparks
ike

Old Fort, NC

#37 Oct 14, 2010
if you want to know what the republicans will do if they win, why not just ask? I did and not one of them had an answer. Why do you think we have a demo for president? the repubs did not have an idea of what to do or how to run this country. they just hoped for the best and just said NO to every thing. But if they win big, look out for the cuts. that check that so many get will be first and 3% will hurt, so think its bad now,go to some of the web sites of some of these repubs that are running and see if you can see the truth in what they say instead of lisening to some drug head on talk radio or fox news. Listen to all the news to get it fair and ballanced, and if you dont like my spelling, blame a teacher
FastFred

Foley, AL

#38 Oct 14, 2010
Mr Snyder wrote:
<quoted text> They voted no to Public Health Care...They say no to unemployment compensation...They say no to the Minimum wage... They say no to taxing the top 2 percent of the income earners in this country...They say no to an import tax on companies who moved American jobs abroad but want to bring their products back in this country to sell. They say no to a tax break for large companies who build, buy, and hire 100% American. They say no to the thousands of scientist who believe we need to address the Global Warming. They say no to solar, wind, and tidal power projects as well as things like high speed trains and a new rail system...They say no to the infrastructure projects that would put people to work...They say no to Unions...They say no to Working America but they say yes,yes,yes to Big Oil, Big Insurance, Banks, Wall-Street and the u.s. chamber of commerce.
Dont trust me, look at how they vote! The truth is in their voting record! These are the same money grabbing whores Jesus ran out of the temple!!! Got more if you need them.
Thank God they voted no on Health Care,along with health care comes 20 new taxes,and a 400 million dollar cut to medicare,which hurts the seniors which is the group that needs it the most.Minimum wage they should have said no,this just increases costs for small businesses,taxing the top 2%,they should say no,these are the people that have money to invest and create jobs,global warming is the biggest hoax in history,there are as many scientists say it is the largest hoax ever so the liberals can push the largest tax increase in history,this policy would drive gas prices at the pump up to 5 dollars a gallon,and you better turn the air off in your house along with the lights because you wouldn't be able to pay for the electric anymore if this happens.High speed trains is no more than a large joke,won't be used enough to pay for it's self and tax payers will have to bail it out each yr. just like AM-Track.The Unions have become no more than leeches,they want to organize all city employee's now,guess what this will do to your taxes.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#39 Oct 14, 2010
Raven wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me how the rich doctor is more in touch with us little people. Maybe it is because he wants to do away with the health care reform that is good for the poor. Maybe because he wants only the rich privileged children to be given a good education. Those poor children will never make anything out of themselves anyway right I mean it's not like they might actually become president or something.
You are right there are no moral standards any more,thanks to the Liberals,there are no truth's in your post.
Raven

Decatur, AL

#40 Oct 14, 2010
FastFred wrote:
<quoted text>Thank God they voted no on Health Care,along with health care comes 20 new taxes,and a 400 million dollar cut to medicare,which hurts the seniors which is the group that needs it the most.Minimum wage they should have said no,this just increases costs for small businesses,taxing the top 2%,they should say no,these are the people that have money to invest and create jobs,global warming is the biggest hoax in history,there are as many scientists say it is the largest hoax ever so the liberals can push the largest tax increase in history,this policy would drive gas prices at the pump up to 5 dollars a gallon,and you better turn the air off in your house along with the lights because you wouldn't be able to pay for the electric anymore if this happens.High speed trains is no more than a large joke,won't be used enough to pay for it's self and tax payers will have to bail it out each yr. just like AM-Track.The Unions have become no more than leeches,they want to organize all city employee's now,guess what this will do to your taxes.
Keep pretending that the Republicans are for the elderly. If they get their way there will be no more SS or medicare. Not to mention that the elderly will be paying tons more on medicine, food, and anything else they purchase with their doing away with the income tax scam. If you haven't noticed already, most seniors don't pay income taxes on their meager SS incomes and they can still barely survive. What will happen when they have to pay that extra 26% sales tax on every purchase they make?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 VeggieBurger 90
Posssible new restuarants (Dec '13) Nov '14 Dan Presley 6
fun sex looking Oct '14 driver701 1
District Attorney's Office Wins Another Murder ... (Dec '10) Oct '14 Shield 23
Limestone County convicted rapist re-sentenced ... (Dec '13) Oct '14 lizcarney56 3
Old JcPenny Building! Oct '14 Clock 2
Home wrecker in city office. Oct '14 Big Peter 2
Selma Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Selma People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Selma News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Selma

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News