Review: Jim Butner Auto Inc
john

Louisville, KY

#83 Mar 16, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text> your right you don't go to kroger and get grocerys and then pay tomorrow. But you can on the electric, gas, sewage,cable, cell phone service, so I say you either work there or you are related to someont that does work there and you are taking up for them.
and yes you can pay for food at kroger the nexr day actually if you put it on a credit card you don't have to pay for it for a month or so. So think before you speak ya dumb ass.... the point is that they could have a little lead way in the payment plan. But only see green dollar signs when it comes to a repo. This business sucks and if you notice they have police officers in there all the time to keep the peace...this place is a joke... I think the city of clarksville and all of its judges and political people are all in on it....
FUCKEM

United States

#84 Apr 4, 2012
My brother bought a junk azz car there the next day coming home from work his from wheel came off the car went into a ditch and came out and hit a tree broke his neck almost killed him took him months to walk right again. You know the GOD DAMN bastards tried to sue him for that?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#85 Apr 5, 2012
Hoosier Daddy! Who's Your Daddy? That place is was and always will be plain Stupid. Louisville Brake and muffler. Con artist. They lie. They fix shit that ain't broke. I know cause my 3rd mistake used to work there.
beverly

Louisville, KY

#86 Apr 6, 2012
i bought a ford windstar from them in january 2011 the van spent more than half of the year in a shop. they wouldnt cover nothing with the extended warrenty they urge you to buy. i would never recomend anyone to get a vehicle from them they are CROOKS.

Location hidden

#87 Apr 6, 2012
They are USED Car Sales people. Lol.
Misty Baggens

Evansville, IN

#88 Apr 18, 2012
I have purchased now 3 cars from this dealership and all was good until my third car. The first car was a beater and I was aware of this so was not suprised when the car did not last me too long. They were honest about it so when I was ready to move on to another car, I bought a second one which was great! They did make a mistake with my account when I had the second car where they had credited my old account and then came to repo my car after 2 weeks late. They realized they made a huge mistake when I showed up extremely mad since that was the first day of my wedding vacation and I come outside to see my car GONE! But mistakes happen and they did rectify it. After that car was paid off I had to move into a bigger car when my son turned 16 since he is so tall, he could not fit into the back seat of my car. At this point, I had paid off both previous cars early even. They even had Mrs Butner call me and tell me what a great customer I was and if I ever needed a car, I could have anything on the lot with the $299 down and they would work with me. When I purchased the third one they flat out LIED TO ME! This car has major electronical issues and when I brought it up to them, I was told I had a spark plug missing. I am a girl but I know a spark plug doesnt make the air conditioner come on when you turn the air selection to defrost. I asked them to help me figure out the problem and all they could say is that I didnt purchase the warranty even though my sales man said I would not need one and this car was in tip top shape. I should have never trusted them but I thought with the last 2 cars working out the way they did and plus telling me I am a good customer, they would have worked with me on this. They are not willing and now I have lost my job and was late on 1 payment, I called them to tell them I would be late, they noted it on my account and they STILL SHUT DOWN MY CAR VIA GPS until I made the payment. This place has gone to hell since Mr. Butner died. Its like his son is a greedy b@stard who doesnt care about his customers. I would not tell anyone to purchase a car from here. If you are thinking about it, at least make sure to either get the over priced warranty or have a certified mechanic look at the car BEFORE you sign anything. If they will treat their "valued customers" this way, imagine what they would do to someone who is doing first time business with them. Go some where else, save yourself quite a bit of trouble.
Darlene

Lexington, KY

#89 Apr 20, 2012
Their commercials make me believe that they are the 'Little Johns pawn shop' of the car world.

Location hidden

#90 Apr 21, 2012
Darlene wrote:
Their commercials make me believe that they are the 'Little Johns pawn shop' of the car world.
Lmfao! Hell to the yeah!
Watch this

Pekin, IN

#91 Apr 21, 2012
You should ALWAYS be loaded for bear when dealing with a auto saleman. Even at a new car dealership you are still dealing with the scum of the earth. They only want the sale, they don't give a shit after you sign those papers. It is a dirty business and you should be aware they are not your friend, treat them as such. Just like anything else you better do your own homework. This includes banks (loan officers), real estate (agents) etc. It is a busness and they just want your money. Once you sign the paperwork, they are done with you.

Since: Jun 11

United States

#92 May 10, 2012
I suggest Bales...they've been around and involved in the community for over 50 years. I can even recommend a salesman if needed.
mark

Erlanger, KY

#93 May 15, 2012
Buy from craig and landreth
Really

United States

#94 May 17, 2012
Craig and Landreth is the very worst car dealership in Clarksville.

Location hidden

#95 May 18, 2012
Really wrote:
Craig and Landreth is the very worst car dealership in Clarksville.
Im starting to believe that. Wow!
dan

Evansville, IN

#96 May 22, 2012
This place is a joke. I test drove a car and it broke down on the test drive. Ha ha. What kind of certified check did this car go through. Ha ha. People. Do not buy a car from these people. They are crooks. And are only out to get rich off of selling you a piece of junk. There is a buy here pay here lot on the same road. I went there and was treated with respect. And I can honestly say I feel that I wasn't lied to. Or feel like I was taken advantage of and my car did make it past the test drive and I do not forseee having any problems with it. It is a good used quality vehicle. Pass this place up. Every chance ya get.
testing 1 2 3

Bloomington, IN

#97 Jun 8, 2012
Buy from ebay or craigslist. I have no use for dealerships, even if they are good people they still must make profit.
Louisville

Evansville, IN

#98 Jun 18, 2012
Hank wrote:
Their commercials have to be the worste commercials I've seen. What's the deal with the dude with the spikes? Who does he think he is? Definitely does NOT make me want to buy a car from them.
After watching their ads, I have to assume they're on drugs.
I totally agree! It makes no sense at alll !!! I hate that commercial. Would never buy from them because of the stupid tv slot
The Truth

Louisville, KY

#99 Jun 22, 2012
Let me break it down for all of you. This is a business. Are they liars, crooks, and cheats? Of course they are. I can't say all buy here pay lots are but this one for sure is. They are in it to make money and let me tell you they do. More money than you can imagine. Not thousands, not tens of thousands, but hundreds of thousands of dollars monthly. That's not even counting the cash that they squirrel away over the hill with the old lady. But I digress. They do not sell you a car hoping it will break down. In fact they have multiple mechanics on staff that work on these cars. It does them no good to sell cars that do not work. They want to sale cars so you continue to make payments at 15, 20, and 25 plus percent interest. They want to band-aid and limp any problems that arise along as possible. However, all of you are right about one thing. They are extremely rude, arrogant sociopaths. Believe me I know. I have spent time with 90% of there sales staff, past and present. Take solace in this though. They screw each other just as bad as they do their customers and there is a special place in hell for folks like this. In closing...Fuck you Bo, Rick, and JB. The rest of the employees are just pawns trying to get by. Hell most of them are making outrageous on overpriced vehicles like the rest of us.
tiger tales
#100 Jun 29, 2012
no problems with their cars. bought 3 there always treated fair. but oh i hate them commercials! dude with the spike hair its not funny or stylish i turn the tv fast foward when they come on really lame.
KnowsTheJunk

United States

#101 Jul 8, 2012
Ol JB has about 6 million bucks worth of cars out on paymenys right now. Yup! 6 mill!!! And he buys them from car auctions. Clark County Auto Auction is one of them. When someone wanta to unload a POS car, Thats where it goes. Think about the huge profit that can be made of a car he pays a few hundted bucks for. High intrest rate, repo rates, then turn around and sell the same car 2 or 3 times. Best to stay away from that dump. The ones here who claim to be ‘satisfied customers‘ here and most likely one of the Butners themselves. The negatives far outweigh the positives. Shop elsewhere!
The Other Truth

Salem, IN

#102 Jul 16, 2012
The Truth wrote:
Let me break it down for all of you. This is a business. Are they liars, crooks, and cheats? Of course they are. I can't say all buy here pay lots are but this one for sure is. They are in it to make money and let me tell you they do. More money than you can imagine. Not thousands, not tens of thousands, but hundreds of thousands of dollars monthly. That's not even counting the cash that they squirrel away over the hill with the old lady. But I digress. They do not sell you a car hoping it will break down. In fact they have multiple mechanics on staff that work on these cars. It does them no good to sell cars that do not work. They want to sale cars so you continue to make payments at 15, 20, and 25 plus percent interest. They want to band-aid and limp any problems that arise along as possible. However, all of you are right about one thing. They are extremely rude, arrogant sociopaths. Believe me I know. I have spent time with 90% of there sales staff, past and present. Take solace in this though. They screw each other just as bad as they do their customers and there is a special place in hell for folks like this. In closing...Fuck you Bo, Rick, and JB. The rest of the employees are just pawns trying to get by. Hell most of them are making outrageous on overpriced vehicles like the rest of us.
You and I should get together and compare notes, FOR A LAWSUIT!!(not a joke)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sellersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Progressive ins. 2 hr Mark Stabenow 1
Tosha Lowery (Sep '16) Feb 19 You can do better 9
Tuesday Shepherd Feb 12 Small Town Girl 1
Chad Adams (May '11) Feb 12 Small Town Girl 23
does anyone know tommy roby? (Apr '10) Feb 11 Cousin 26
News Prostitution sting at Theatair X in Clarksville... (Nov '12) Feb 9 Me knows 39
where is cassidy grider (Dec '16) Feb 7 Boomslang lol 10

Sellersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sellersburg Mortgages