Witnesses welcomed

Jun 11, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Courierpress.com

ERIN McCRACKEN / Courier & Press ABOVE: Daniel Guffey wipes down and cleans the windows of Roberts Stadium on Thursday afternoon in preparation for the annual Jehovah's Witnesses convention that starts today.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Prime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Oh look another non story. Where can I find a story on the awesome soup kitchen they have to feed the homeless? Where can I read about the huge foodbank to help feed the hungry or needy? Where can I read about the fabulous hospital they just built with all of the state of the art technology and and research for bloodless surgery? Why is it we only hear about a JW going to jail for a crime or the next convention or new kingdom hall? What's next the obituaries? Oh they already do that!
Martha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

The only people who clean the building before their Bible Assemblies or Conventions are Jehovah's witnesses.

It is a fact they leave it cleaner than when they first entered the building. That shouldn't be a newsworthy article, it's just that some people find it hard to believe.

“Tight lines”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Prime wrote:
Oh look another non story. Where can I find a story on the awesome soup kitchen they have to feed the homeless? Where can I read about the huge foodbank to help feed the hungry or needy? Where can I read about the fabulous hospital they just built with all of the state of the art technology and and research for bloodless surgery? Why is it we only hear about a JW going to jail for a crime or the next convention or new kingdom hall? What's next the obituaries? Oh they already do that!
Sorry..
Let me see if I can find a story where someone was killed across the street from a Kingdom hall.
Or that a guy acused of murder once had a chat with a Witness several years ago.
Is that more to your liking?

Since: Feb 07

RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Martha wrote:
The only people who clean the building before their Bible Assemblies or Conventions are Jehovah's witnesses.
It is a fact they leave it cleaner than when they first entered the building. That shouldn't be a newsworthy article, it's just that some people find it hard to believe.
Or, could it be that the JWs make sure that they notify the local media so that they will be assured of coverage?

“Tight lines”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Or it could be that, in todays bleak economy, having a convention center rented out for two "three day weekends" is a pretty substantial income for someone.
Many of those will be staying in hotels which further dump some much needed funds into the local economy and the newpaper possibly found that to be news worthy...

Nevermind... Just continue to think the worst.
TPMP 35

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

florida native wrote:
Or it could be that, in todays bleak economy, having a convention center rented out for two "three day weekends" is a pretty substantial income for someone.
Many of those will be staying in hotels which further dump some much needed funds into the local economy and the newpaper possibly found that to be news worthy...
Nevermind... Just continue to think the worst.
Why doesn't the society have a much needed fund for the the friends who go through much financial hardship to attend those conventions?.....Accomadations , travel, and food expenses. A kind of general fund for the neediest of families?.

I have known some of the friends who found it to be quite difficult to attend those faraway conventions. Although in all fairness, i will say that the society is trying to rectify the longstanding problem by building additional assembely halls. However, the problem still exists in a number of places. Faraway conventions are still a reality for a number of the publishers.

The society surely has the financial means to set up some sort of limited special fund.

TPMP 35
Auroramom

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Prime wrote:
And how many times do Jehovah's Witnesses on this site, sit here and lie through their teeth, that the reason nobody knows about the charity that Jehovah's Witness do, is because they do not go to the media about it.
Right!
You are correct, this is a non story.
Lets see them building a home like Habitat for Humanity, or raising funds for starving children.
Nope!
But every time they build a cult hall (never a home for the needy) and save a wealthy corporation (the wBTS) millions, or have a convention and try to sucker in some more schmucks and their accompanying cash and assets, yup straight to the press they go!

The only time Jehovah's Witnesses actually make the news with a legitimate news story is when they are committing heinous crimes, like eating their babies' brains, or kidnapping a young innocent girl and keeping her a sexual prisoner for 18 years, or an elder that kills his wife in cold blood in front of their infant son, and the JW congregation support the murdering elder NOT their supposed "sister" who was an innocent victim.
Auroramom

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

TPMP 35 wrote:
<quoted text> Why doesn't the society have a much needed fund for the the friends who go through much financial hardship to attend those conventions?.....Accomadations , travel, and food expenses. A kind of general fund for the neediest of families?.
My brainwashed parents put our home up for the "needy".
My father had been recently been duped by an elder into leaving his job and working for the elder. SHOCK, it was a scam, my father for the first time in his life did not have a job, the economy was in the toilet (kind of like now), and we who had never taken aid, had to go on food stamps.
Guess who we put up in our home? A family that flew in on their private plane!
Yup, and they sucked us dry.
Ate our food and actually teased my father about being out of work.
You know, pressure to be good to your fellow brothers (them), but never once did they do something nice for us.
I was expected to babysit their young children, so they could have "christian association".
My parents never put up our home again, and why they stayed in the cult just shows how broken they were, and how genuinely evil most men of this cult are.
reporter

Yadkinville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Judged:

RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, could it be that the JWs make sure that they notify the local media so that they will be assured of coverage?
right on, like billy graham, the pope & all the others do to get coverage they need. ride on
Auroramom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Judged:

So I guess reporter (who is an obviousJW) is admitting the Jehovah's Witnesses blatantly lie about not going to the media to brag.
There is never a single news story about the good charitable works that JWs or the WBTS do, because they don't do any, not because they do not go to the media.
Gee, Billy Graham and the Pope are parts of religious organizations that do many, many charitable works.
I can see the obvious difference "reporter"!
reporter

Yadkinville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Judged:

Auroramom wrote:
So I guess reporter (who is an obviousJW) is admitting the Jehovah's Witnesses blatantly lie about not going to the media to brag.
There is never a single news story about the good charitable works that JWs or the WBTS do, because they don't do any, not because they do not go to the media.
Gee, Billy Graham and the Pope are parts of religious organizations that do many, many charitable works.
I can see the obvious difference "reporter"!
spoken like a charitable (person). where would the world be without you?
reporter

Yadkinville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Judged:

Prime wrote:
how did these people get hungry, lose jobs, become homeless? ask a veteran or a victim of the system that makes life for many that way. how did many of the "third world" countries get that way? ask a haitian or nigerian; there are things such as oil that greedy people want, so they are exploited & lied to. look where they are now .

“GOD'S TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

A SMALL VILLAGE IN UPSTATE NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Awww....come on now folks.....isn't the real reason that the JWs ENJOY the press and boast about how they "clean up" the arenas THEY are going to meet in....

goes to offset all the negative publicity and feelings of pure annoyance towards them when they are knocking on doors and pestering people?
Prime

Natalia, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Judged:

reporter wrote:
<quoted text> how did these people get hungry, lose jobs, become homeless? ask a veteran or a victim of the system that makes life for many that way. how did many of the "third world" countries get that way? ask a haitian or nigerian; there are things such as oil that greedy people want, so they are exploited & lied to. look where they are now .
I agree so why don't you vote? Instead you do NOTHING! Your cult does nothing!
reporter

Mocksville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Prime wrote:
<quoted text>I agree so why don't you vote? Instead you do NOTHING! Your cult does nothing!
i NEVER voted. why is it when they are voted into office, the people start complaining about how they dont keep their promises, even the ones who voted for the one in office? do you actually think voting will make the world a better place, since when? where are all these improvements that i dont see? prov 29:2, king james: "when the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn". also 1 john 5:19. hey, if you want to vote in whatever cult you are in, be my guest, but be sure you cross your fingers when you are in the voting booth! ps: if you agree with my post, why havent all the other others changed things for the better? which party do you recommend, or should i vote with my conscience & not?
reporter

Mocksville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Nedoba wrote:
Awww....come on now folks.....isn't the real reason that the JWs ENJOY the press and boast about how they "clean up" the arenas THEY are going to meet in....
goes to offset all the negative publicity and feelings of pure annoyance towards them when they are knocking on doors and pestering people?
so, when they come to your door, do you commend them for keeping the places they rent clean?
Prime

Natalia, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Judged:

reporter wrote:
<quoted text> i NEVER voted. why is it when they are voted into office, the people start complaining about how they dont keep their promises, even the ones who voted for the one in office? do you actually think voting will make the world a better place, since when? where are all these improvements that i dont see? prov 29:2, king james: "when the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn". also 1 john 5:19. hey, if you want to vote in whatever cult you are in, be my guest, but be sure you cross your fingers when you are in the voting booth! ps: if you agree with my post, why havent all the other others changed things for the better? which party do you recommend, or should i vote with my conscience & not?
Again all talk and a big do nothing you're a joke!
WIZARD

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Judged:

reporter wrote:
<quoted text> so, when they come to your door, do you commend them for keeping the places they rent clean?
No, I tell them that I don't read apostate literature and send them on their way.
reporter

Mocksville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Judged:

Prime wrote:
<quoted text>Again all talk and a big do nothing you're a joke!
boo ho. go play in your soup kitchen before you vote. you STILL didnt explain why i should vote, or cant you?
reporter

Mocksville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

WIZARD wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I tell them that I don't read apostate literature and send them on their way.
what, are you a parrot or is your typewriter stuck on that paragraph? you ALREADY said that; come up with some fresh ideas, please.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sellersburg Discussions

Search the Sellersburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Wed Bounty 1,284
in need of a loan shark? (Aug '13) Wed Michael 4
Review: Buybacks (Jul '10) Wed Amanda 11
jim moon pastor park memorial Tue hula talula 1
re doctor believe to be pill mill (Apr '13) Apr 14 sadie 10
custody lawyer (Mar '12) Apr 10 New Albany 2
H yo Apr 7 Jimmyq 1
•••
•••