Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Walmart is evil. I work at the WM on Grant Line in New Albany. Since I've started working there I have seen people steal, and get away with it while others of a different race are prosecuted. A man, and his group stole 3 cases of water, and are still shopping in the store at least twice a week! Another man stole a fish, and was prosecuted. We'll match any competitors ad. No they won't, unless of course you are able to spend a few hundred dollars there every week. For example. There's a person who comes to the store to buy several gallons of milk. At one time we price matched our milk with the price of the milk at Aldi. The new store management decided we would no longer do that. We'd been doing it for years! However, we will still do it for the person we call "The Milk Man" because as we were told, "He buys several hundred dollars worth of stuff every week." I've seen other people come in there every week, and spend their paycheck trying to feed their family but we can no longer price match such things for them because they aren't "The Milk Man." Talk about unfair! Yes we price match everything as long as the exact price is in the sale ad, and as long as it's not a 10 for 10 sale. If it is such a sale then you must buy 10 of that item to get it at the $1 price. "Other stores would make them buy all 10" is what we're told. No they wouldn't, but this is after all WM, and WM is about nothing more than how can they make a dime. Speaking of making a dime. They recently decided to do away with the door greeters, something they're regretting now, and starting to bring back. They decided that instead of having the door greeters that they would put these poor people, often eldery or mentally challenged in some way, to work stocking shelves. More than one door greeter had to leave the company because they just couldn't do it. What was our managements response to that? "Well if they can't do their job then it's not our fault." I myself had my pay cut by 40 cents on the hour recently. They do not pay me enough to make it on my own now, and now they're cutting my pay?! They said this because I had transferred departments, and because of that I was now in a lower pay bracket. Now let's talk about the rodents. Now in any store you're going to have a bit of a mouse problem but in this store we not only have mice but we also have snakes, maggots, and possibly bed bugs. We have a piece of paper that we're supposed to sign, and state what sort of animal we saw, where we saw it, and the date we saw it at. I myself have seen mice, and a snake. What does WM do to put a stop to this? They put out a few mice traps. At one time in an area in the back where childrens clothing was there was a dead rotting mouse that took several days to be properly disposed of. I say one mouse because that's what I was told. In truth it smelled like several dead mice. I know for a fact that not every employee there washes their hands thoroughly after using the bathroom. I've even seen one or two who don't wash their hands at all. Tell management about this, and what do they say? They'll take care of it. Where are these employees? They are still their handling your food, your groceries, and your clothing with pee stained hands. It's okay though because as a white male you can get by with murder in WM. I've seen white men standing around doing nothing while other men, and women are told to get busy doing this or that. We were only doing exactly what the white man was doing. Why is it fair that they can do nothing while we have to work extra hard for the minimum wage we get? Twice a day WM has meetings where we are told why we're so lucky to have our jobs, and why WM is such a good place to work! Then we're told to do our WM chant. Give me a W. Give me an A. You know what? How's this? I give you an F, and then I give you a U. WM you suck, and you should be ashamed of yourselves!
I sold my soul to the devil when I went to work for this company! I quit! I'm taking it back!
Boohoo

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

Boohoo! You actually have to work for a paycheck? How unfair. Let me guess...you're being discriminated against because you're a minority? That's what every lazy ass says when they don't like their job. Are you sure you meant WalMart each time you said WM? Maybe you actually meant the White Man. Hey, I'm glad you quit. I sure as hell don't want to shop there if there's any chance I might have to deal with your sorry, angry attitude.
Good Man

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

I see that racism is alive and well in New Albany. For starters I don't think the person who posted this said that he/she was black, white, hispanic. Nope. I don't recall the person saying what race they are but Boohoo assumed that this person was of a minority race.
Personally I think Boohoo should get the facts straight before he starts making such racial remarks as the one above. We do not know what race this person is.
Boohoo shame on you!
boohoo

Berea, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Good Man wrote:
I see that racism is alive and well in New Albany. For starters I don't think the person who posted this said that he/she was black, white, hispanic. Nope. I don't recall the person saying what race they are but Boohoo assumed that this person was of a minority race.
Personally I think Boohoo should get the facts straight before he starts making such racial remarks as the one above. We do not know what race this person is.
Boohoo shame on you!
The person said, and I quote "We were only doing what the white man was doing" That was the first, but not the only clue. Maybe you should read it more closely, dummy. Then tell me who the real racist is.
Good Man

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

Dummy? Such strong words coming from an obviously uneducated neadrathal racist don't you think Boohoo?
I feel sorrow for you and anyone who has the misfortune of being anywhere near you.
Grow a heart. Get a brain. Go back to school and try to learn geography as you obviously either move around quite a lot or don't know exactly where your location is.
boohoo

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Good Man wrote:
Dummy? Such strong words coming from an obviously uneducated neadrathal racist don't you think Boohoo?
I feel sorrow for you and anyone who has the misfortune of being anywhere near you.
Grow a heart. Get a brain. Go back to school and try to learn geography as you obviously either move around quite a lot or don't know exactly where your location is.
If you insist on calling someone an uneducated Neanderthal, perhaps you should learn to spell Neanderthal first, Dummy
boohoo

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Good Man wrote:
And, by the way. Did they teach punctuation where you went to school? Just wondering.
Good Man

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

Well well I do believe that someone needs his bottle and a nap.
boohoo

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Good Man wrote:
Well well I do believe that someone needs his bottle and a nap.
Really? You've had all afternoon to come up with a witty retort, and that's the best you can do? It's obvious that you are mentally out-gunned, my friend. It's just no fun having a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed. Have a nice day
LOL

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

I personally live in New Albany and am MULTIRACIAL (Asian/Caucasian) and I have been discriminated against because race while living in this city. I don't doubt a thing the original poster said about Wal-Mart. In my opinion, Wal-Mart is absolutely disgusting, and the majority of the WHITE people that work there are extremely rude and trashy. My father is white, and I have no problem with white people, this statement is coming from various days of observation. Boohoo needs to quit chiming in about racism, when they don't know that what they are trying to disprove is in fact how things really are.
yep

White Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

WALMART SUCKS ALWAYS HAS ALWAYS WILL
Bird

Crestwood, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

I shop at Walmart
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

i quit shopping at walmart, i support kroger and toys r us.
justplaindumb

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

csm that works there is a total a s s . she will not listen to customers, will not even look at you when you speak to her, always has a bad attitude, i would mention her name, but i dont want to get to much going about it, just venting that the does work in the "customer service" field, she should really learn to deal with customers in a friendly way. new albany walmart sucks. much rather deal with overcrowding in clarksville, at least the cashiers are nice. and dont get me started on coupons. wow, you would think that they would keep them updated on the coupon policy, no. it is like they are pulling teeth.... and most cannot understand simple statements like . 50 cents off. have to call that csm everytime, mrs attitude.
Sammy

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

justplaindumb wrote:
csm that works there is a total a s s . she will not listen to customers, will not even look at you when you speak to her, always has a bad attitude, i would mention her name, but i dont want to get to much going about it, just venting that the does work in the "customer service" field, she should really learn to deal with customers in a friendly way. new albany walmart sucks. much rather deal with overcrowding in clarksville, at least the cashiers are nice. and dont get me started on coupons. wow, you would think that they would keep them updated on the coupon policy, no. it is like they are pulling teeth.... and most cannot understand simple statements like . 50 cents off. have to call that csm everytime, mrs attitude.
what about the store manager
Wal

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Black, White, Red, Yellow I don't care what race you are, Wal-Mart is the worst excuse for a retail store there is. I have been in more than one thinking that maybe it was just the store in my town, but they all have horrible customer service, they are usually out or don't carry what I need, one week they have it the next they don't, I think Kroger, Jay C, do a good job carrying a good variety of products and have the shelves stocked every week. Wal Mart had moved in to the smaller towns and created a monopoly on the area, that's why the service is so bad they figure most people won't drive to get to another store, Wal Mart you can have it.
I LOVE WalMart

Ferndale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

All of you complaining please shop elsewhere. For so many people crying about Walmart it sure stays packed! More deals for me. And congrats to the OP for growing a pair and quitting. That's what you do when your job sucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sellersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1342 Beeler Street apt 3........... (Sep '13) Wed morgan thompson 7
Thomas clay jr (Feb '14) Wed Thomas Clay 3
sherri smith Wed fordnutt4u 1
G L Clark a home wrecker Aug 19 Beenwrecked 1
Sellersburg Sunoco Aug 19 Kevin 1
Justice For David Camm (Dec '08) Aug 16 mke 8,250
Sellersburg Police (Sep '07) Aug 13 wtf 32

Search the Sellersburg Forum:
•••
•••