Ivy Tech president hits the road

Ivy Tech president hits the road

There are 12 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from May 29, 2007, titled Ivy Tech president hits the road. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Ivy Tech Community College's incoming president has spent much of his time in recent weeks traveling the state as he prepares to take charge of the school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Jeff Latchaw

Zionsville, IN

#1 May 29, 2007
I got to know Tom Snyder in the early 60'as high schoolers in Madison County (Anderson)We both started General Motors Institute in the fall of 1962 and Tom has succeeded at every level of his career....Ivy Tech will be no different.

As someone who has followed Tom's meteoric rise through the ranks of General Motors, I know he brings the pragmatism, work ethic, and corporate political skills necessary to take Ivy Tech to the next level.

I didn't know any of the other candidates, but had Tom Snyder not been chosen for this position, Ivy Tech, Indiana, and the entire educational community would have been denied a brilliant and dedicated servant.

My Best Wishes to Tom and his wife as they start this new endeavor. The people (especially students of Ivy Tech)of Indiana are lucky to have this man to lead IT through its next phase.
huh

Zionsville, IN

#2 May 29, 2007
This message brought to you buy the 'Tom's the greatest despite no education background club'
Jim Lamkin

Sterling, VA

#3 May 29, 2007
Best of luck to Mr. Snyder, but let us not forget what great strides the college has made under Gerald Lamkin.
Not Jerrys Kid

Indianapolis, IN

#4 May 29, 2007
Jim Lamkin wrote:
Best of luck to Mr. Snyder, but let us not forget what great strides the college has made under Gerald Lamkin.
Is this a joke? Lamkin was a function of star alignment...not leadership. He's a bumbling oaf...No brains...just political cunning and backslapping (Bauer/Crawford/Garton). If you want..watch his interview this past Sunday on Inside Indiana Business. Lamkin is a fool....a drooling fool. An empty suit...a cipher.
Hoosier All My Life

AOL

#5 May 29, 2007
No, this is not President Lamkin's son. You obvioulsy do not know what you are talking about. What you are saying is that back slapping is not good. I am sure that you were not in favor of Carol as well. Carol is the one who hangs out with Mitch's sister, how much more backslapping do you nee than that. While IVY TECH hired legislators, you of all people know that ALL COLLEGES have either hired legislators or have Alumni in that branch. Mitch just wanted his puppet and his sister's friend to take over, Carol.
Not Jerrys Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a joke? Lamkin was a function of star alignment...not leadership. He's a bumbling oaf...No brains...just political cunning and backslapping (Bauer/Crawford/Garton). If you want..watch his interview this past Sunday on Inside Indiana Business. Lamkin is a fool....a drooling fool. An empty suit...a cipher.
Not Jerrys Kid

Indianapolis, IN

#6 May 29, 2007
Hoosier All My Life wrote:
No, this is not President Lamkin's son. You obvioulsy do not know what you are talking about. What you are saying is that back slapping is not good. I am sure that you were not in favor of Carol as well. Carol is the one who hangs out with Mitch's sister, how much more backslapping do you nee than that. While IVY TECH hired legislators, you of all people know that ALL COLLEGES have either hired legislators or have Alumni in that branch. Mitch just wanted his puppet and his sister's friend to take over, Carol.
<quoted text>
Sorry Jerry, Jr...but you're wrong, I'm no fan of D'Amico and your comments do NOTHING to refute the fact that Lamkin is a ZERO...lacking any brain power other than that of smiling and wiping his chin. He is what he is..that's for sure...but we should not lionize those with the mental capacity of a tuber.
Community College Prof

Noblesville, IN

#7 May 29, 2007
Not Jerrys Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
That's him alright, described him to a tee. Too bad Dr. D'Aimico did not get the job, she did more to move the school forward in just a few years then he did the entire time he was there. Sure, she might be a b**** from time to time but what strong change agent isn't. If she were a man, she would be applauded for it.
Hoosier All My Life

AOL

#8 May 29, 2007
How many $50K studies did the she need to do to make a decision? Carol never made a decision exept to fire people. Maybe you were hanging out with Carol and Mitch's sister?
Community College Prof wrote:
<quoted text>
That's him alright, described him to a tee. Too bad Dr. D'Aimico did not get the job, she did more to move the school forward in just a few years then he did the entire time he was there. Sure, she might be a b**** from time to time but what strong change agent isn't. If she were a man, she would be applauded for it.
Not Jerrys Kid

Indianapolis, IN

#9 May 29, 2007
How many $50K studies did the she need to do to make a decision? Carol never made a decision exept to fire people. Maybe you were hanging out with Carol and Mitch's sister?
<quoted text>
You can slam D' Amico or anyone else all you want but you do nothing to refute the fact that Lamkin is a stooge..a bumbling fool who will try write the history of Ivy Tech using a crayon and wide-ruled paper or, most likely..have someone else do it but take full credit while thanking the pols of all ilk for their support. He's a dolt, a buffoon, a moron, an emptyheaded egomaniac..just admit it and stop bashing D Amico or anyone else. It's not their fault your daddy is lacks any ability to demonstate any leadership or intelletual ability. Maybe his wife will do his writing?

Since: Dec 06

West Central IN

#10 May 29, 2007
Why did this turn into a debate/bi**h session about D' Amico and Lampkin. This is about Tom Snyder and how he is going to be talking to all the faculty/staff in each region and holding community sessions as well. The old era is gone and a new era is beginning. I think that after the bumbling start that the legislature originally gave to a community college system here in Indiana, the new leasership deserves a chance to prove themselves or not. For all of his faults, you have to admit that under Jerry Lampkin Ivy Tech has grown a huge amount. If he is a stumbling bumbling idiot, he must have surrounded himself with good people. And, that is the sign of a smart manager/leader.
Hoosier All My Life

AOL

#11 May 29, 2007
You sound like a Terp.
Not Jerrys Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You can slam D' Amico or anyone else all you want but you do nothing to refute the fact that Lamkin is a stooge..a bumbling fool who will try write the history of Ivy Tech using a crayon and wide-ruled paper or, most likely..have someone else do it but take full credit while thanking the pols of all ilk for their support. He's a dolt, a buffoon, a moron, an emptyheaded egomaniac..just admit it and stop bashing D Amico or anyone else. It's not their fault your daddy is lacks any ability to demonstate any leadership or intelletual ability. Maybe his wife will do his writing?
Not Jerrys Kid

Carmel, IN

#12 May 29, 2007
You sound like a Terp.
<quoted text>
Don't know what that is..but you continue to write like
one who has mastered the less-than-fine art of self-delusion. Proving you are Jerry's kid

Congrats!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sellersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch 19 hr major Nadal Hassan 47
the music thread (Feb '12) Mon Musikologist 38
Any ladies up for some fun? Nov 30 Secret lover 1
Good Criminal defense lawyer Clark county Nov 27 NoInfoProvided 1
James &dianne hefner? Nov 24 davey timez 1
Island breeze Nov 23 Anonymous 3
Local Politics Do you approve of Ron Grooms as ? Nov 18 Hillbilly boy 1

Sellersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance