Justice For David Camm

Justice For David Camm

There are 8249 comments on the Topix story from Dec 11, 2008, titled Justice For David Camm. In it, Topix reports that:

WE CONTINUE TO FIGHT FOR: THE ADMISSION OF EVIDENCE JUSTICE FOR KIM, BRAD & JILL FREEDOM FOR DAVID CAMM THE TRUTH...THE SIMPLE TRUTH On September 28, 2000, Kimberly, Bradley, and Jill Camm were shot to death in the Camm family garage, located in Georgetown, Indiana, just a few miles from Louisville, Kentucky. The Indiana State Police (ISP) responded to the scene, as did the local prosecutor, Stanley Faith, who called for the assistance of a blood stain and crime scene re-constructionist. Three days after the crimes occurred, the husband of Kim and the father of Jill and Brad, David Camm, was arrested. In early 2002 David Camm was convicted of their murders and sentenced to 195 years in the Indiana Department of Corrections. Case solved. Case closed. In August, 2004, the Indiana Court of Appeals overturned Camm's conviction. Camm got a new trial. In November, 2004, Prosecutor Keith Henderson recharged Camm after having a "Fresh Eyes" team re-investigate the crime. Camm was re-charged. In March, 2005, another man, Charles Darnell Boney, was charged with murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Camm was re-charged with Boney. In February, 2006, Boney was convicted and sentenced to 225 years in prison. Camm was convicted in March, 2006, and sentenced to life in prison without parole. Case solved. Case closed. Those are the facts of this case. Well, at least a few facts. Most people in the metropolitan area of Louisville are convinced that David Camm is a molester and murderer. They are convinced that Charles Boney helped him in some shape, manner, or form. There are those who know many more facts that are thoroughly convinced of David Camm's innocence and continue to fight for him and his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Topix.

Guilty as Charged

Bowling Green, KY

#6532 Dec 31, 2012
Just the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone that is wondering why Camm didn't use a cell phone know what level of service he got at his rural home back in 2000? At my in-laws who live about 20 miles east of Louisville, the only way you can make a cell phone call now is if you stand in one particluar spot in the back yard and then you're lucky if your call doesn't get dropped.
That rural home is about 2 miles from 1-64 and if you check there are phone towers in the area.
Just the Facts

Lexington, KY

#6533 Dec 31, 2012
Guilty as Charged wrote:
<quoted text>That rural home is about 2 miles from 1-64 and if you check there are phone towers in the area.
Where those towers there 12 years ago? Not that it really matters, there are many reasons why someone who is experiencing the most tramatic event in thier lives and in a panic might use a home phone rather than a cell. Not only is it not "proof" of anything, it's not even suspicious. Maybe he left his cell in his truck when he pulled up, Maybe the battery was low, maybe he simply had more confidence in the home phone for an emergency call. No one that hasn't experienced what Camm would have experienced that night has any idea what they would have done in this situation.
Bob C

Burlington, WI

#6534 Dec 31, 2012
BeeBee2013:
I would like to join the sleuthingfor justice forum.

Since: Dec 12

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#6535 Jan 1, 2013
Bob C wrote:
BeeBee2013:
I would like to join the sleuthingfor justice forum.
Bob either send me a message to my account here at topix or to [email protected] so I can give you your log in details.

JustFacts, it doesn't matter how "shocked" he was, all people have a survival instinct and Camm showed no fear of a killer at large. Why do you think that is?
Guilty as Charged

Bowling Green, KY

#6536 Jan 1, 2013
Just the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Where those towers there 12 years ago? Not that it really matters, there are many reasons why someone who is experiencing the most tramatic event in thier lives and in a panic might use a home phone rather than a cell. Not only is it not "proof" of anything, it's not even suspicious. Maybe he left his cell in his truck when he pulled up, Maybe the battery was low, maybe he simply had more confidence in the home phone for an emergency call. No one that hasn't experienced what Camm would have experienced that night has any idea what they would have done in this situation.
There sure are alot of maybes. Here is one maybe MAYBE HE DID IT.!!!!!!!!!
Just the Facts

Lexington, KY

#6537 Jan 1, 2013
Guilty as Charged wrote:
<quoted text>There sure are alot of maybes. Here is one maybe MAYBE HE DID IT.!!!!!!!!!
Maybe he did. Should someone spend the rest of thier life in prison on a "Maybe"? The fact is you don't know and I don't know and frankly the juries don't know what happened in that garage that night, so maybe he did do it, but maybe he didn't. Can't you agree to this obvious fact?
Just the Facts

Lexington, KY

#6539 Jan 1, 2013
BeeBee2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob either send me a message to my account here at topix or to [email protected] so I can give you your log in details.
JustFacts, it doesn't matter how "shocked" he was, all people have a survival instinct and Camm showed no fear of a killer at large. Why do you think that is?
People do have a survival instinct but it is very easy to find examples where people put themselves in danger in very stressful situations. You seem to believe that Boney followed Camm into the garage immediately after Camm tried to shoot him and Camm still had the gun. According to you, Boney would never do that because of his survival instinct. If you want to convince me that you know what Camm would or wouldn't have done in this situation, you need to tell me what simular experience you have had or training you've had on the subject. Just believing you know is not enough. Everyone is different in how they act in this type of situation.
Guilty as Charged

Bowling Green, KY

#6540 Jan 1, 2013
Just the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he did. Should someone spend the rest of thier life in prison on a "Maybe"? The fact is you don't know and I don't know and frankly the juries don't know what happened in that garage that night, so maybe he did do it, but maybe he didn't. Can't you agree to this obvious fact?
I went to both trials and SAW and HEARD what was presented in the trials without all the BS of the arm chair quarter backs on this site. And I what I saw and observed at the trials agree with the juriors. Guilty as Charged
Just the Facts

Lexington, KY

#6541 Jan 1, 2013
Guilty as Charged wrote:
<quoted text>I went to both trials and SAW and HEARD what was presented in the trials without all the BS of the arm chair quarter backs on this site. And I what I saw and observed at the trials agree with the juriors. Guilty as Charged
I don't doubt that you agree with the jurors but that really wasn't what I asked. I asked if it were possible for you and the jurors to be wrong. It seems to me that it must be a possibility as juries often get verdicts wrong. Why is it impossible in this case when there is no conclusive evidence?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6542 Jan 1, 2013
Guilty as Charged wrote:
<quoted text>I went to both trials and SAW and HEARD what was presented in the trials without all the BS of the arm chair quarter backs on this site. And I what I saw and observed at the trials agree with the juriors. Guilty as Charged
So I suppose you heard David basically being accused of molesting his child, of conspiring with Bony, and of being a womanizer. You heard 'experts' say that 8 dots of blood is hvis, that a man who was in a crime scene to retrieve his child had gsr on him, he knelt down next to Kim to lay down his child and he got a dot of blood on his shoe, and somehow it got smeared in the dewey grass. A cop asked a woman to cross crime tape to clean the scene. What else, something about insurance. They had plenty of $ and their finances were fine. Just because the police say David 'could have' left, doesn't mean he did. Nothing is solid enough to prove, without the possibility of reasonable doubt, that he did it. It's a good thing that the players' stories are not all the same. It was not rehearsed. But they do remember seeing him there.
Guilty as Charged

Bowling Green, KY

#6543 Jan 1, 2013
fly007 wrote:
<quoted text> So I suppose you heard David basically being accused of molesting his child, of conspiring with Bony, and of being a womanizer. You heard 'experts' say that 8 dots of blood is hvis, that a man who was in a crime scene to retrieve his child had gsr on him, he knelt down next to Kim to lay down his child and he got a dot of blood on his shoe, and somehow it got smeared in the dewey grass. A cop asked a woman to cross crime tape to clean the scene. What else, something about insurance. They had plenty of $ and their finances were fine. Just because the police say David 'could have' left, doesn't mean he did. Nothing is solid enough to prove, without the possibility of reasonable doubt, that he did it. It's a good thing that the players' stories are not all the same. It was not rehearsed. But they do remember seeing him there.
And I heard alot things different than the way you state them. Get your facts straight and maybe we can discuss them, ie dewey grass, asking a women to cross crime secene tape, insurance, plenty of $.
Just the Facts

Lexington, KY

#6544 Jan 1, 2013
Let's talk about "Maybe". The prosecution's entire case is based on "Maybe".

Maybe Camm met Boney on a basketball court: No evidence.
Maybe Camm asked Boney to get him a gun: No evidence.
Maybe Boney followed Camm to his house: No evidence.
Maybe Boney waited for Camm in his driveway the night of the murders: No evidence.
Maybe Camm slipped away from the gym: No evidence.
Maybe Camm tried to shoot Boney: No evidence.
Maybe Boney followed Camm into the garage after Camm tried to shoot him: No evidence (also ridiculous)
Maybe Boney tripped over Kim's shoes and thoughtfully put them on top of the Bronco: No evidence.
Maybe Boney was only looking into the Bronco when he left his handprint exactly where it would be if he leaned in and shot the kids: No evidence
Maybe Camm was molesting Jill: No evidence.
Maybe Camm cleaned up the crime scene: No evidence.

How could Camm have left the gym and killed his family if he was playing 5 on 5 basketball until he set out at about 8:15 when he talked to Mr. Jolly? The prosecution believes the murders took place about 7:35 to 7:45 which is well before
Camm set out a game. I'm pretty sure the other players would have noticed if suddenly they were playing 5 on 4. To believe that it was Camm that killed his family rather than Boney requires you to believe a whole lot of maybes.
know

Newport, KY

#6545 Jan 1, 2013
BeeBee2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
BeeBee2013--beware of Bob C from Milwaukee, Wi--look farther back in this forum and that is one of Camm's biggest supporters and possibly a relative. Also beware of any of those people from PA--most of them are relatives or supporters looking to find out stuff. Camm told the investigating officers he was "shocked" but thinking rationally. ON page 153 of the book he also mentioned his kids could have been yelling for his help so he said 3 times--once to the Renn's about hearing Brad say, "Daddy,Daddy" and then Boney told the cops he had said that, and now he telling those cops that on interrogation. Also, theose detectives made him show how he did the CPR on Brad since he had been trained regularly on how to do that and that is one of the deciding factors to arrest him along with the physical evidence. One of the odd things I thought was that Camm had his brother and sister go by, pick up his meds, and bring them to the post. I think he took a pill for migraines and one for Anxiety--maybe he only offered to take a lie detector test and thought by getting those meds he would pass it since he knows how a lie detector test works. It is common for any suspect to take a lie detector court--it can't be used in Court anyway unless it is a stipulatory and he sure isn't going to take one of those. Another thing I thought was odd was how he put down the Floyd County Sheriff's Office yet he was making plans to be an auxiliary officer for them again.
know

Newport, KY

#6546 Jan 1, 2013
Just the Facts wrote:
Let's talk about "Maybe". The prosecution's entire case is based on "Maybe".
Maybe Camm met Boney on a basketball court: No evidence.
Maybe Camm asked Boney to get him a gun: No evidence.
Maybe Boney followed Camm to his house: No evidence.
Maybe Boney waited for Camm in his driveway the night of the murders: No evidence.
Maybe Camm slipped away from the gym: No evidence.
Maybe Camm tried to shoot Boney: No evidence.
Maybe Boney followed Camm into the garage after Camm tried to shoot him: No evidence (also ridiculous)
Maybe Boney tripped over Kim's shoes and thoughtfully put them on top of the Bronco: No evidence. That is evidence. Boney admitted to placing her shoes on top of the Bronco to the cops. MAYBE
Maybe Boney was only looking into the Bronco when he left his handprint exactly where it would be if he leaned in and shot the kids: No evidence
Maybe Camm was molesting Jill: No evidence.
Maybe Camm cleaned up the crime scene: No evidence.
How could Camm have left the gym and killed his family if he was playing 5 on 5 basketball until he set out at about 8:15 when he talked to Mr. Jolly? The prosecution believes the murders took place about 7:35 to 7:45 which is well before
Camm set out a game. I'm pretty sure the other players would have noticed if suddenly they were playing 5 on 4. To believe that it was Camm that killed his family rather than Boney requires you to believe a whole lot of maybes.
It sounds more like premeditated murder to me. Camm was sharp--he wasn't about to leave any traces of knowing Boney. They didn't play any games of 5 on 4--if someone was tired they also played 3 on 3 and 5 on 4. And Boney admitted to putting the shoes on the Bronco-that was in Court.
know

Newport, KY

#6547 Jan 1, 2013
I meant 4 on 4-not 5 on 4. Sorry.
know

Newport, KY

#6548 Jan 1, 2013
Just the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Camm isn't spending the rest of his life in prison on Maybes--he is being convicted mainly on the blood he got on him when he killed Jill. You guys all make it sound like Camm had an honest past and was an Angel-well, he didn't. He has beeen very discreet about all his women throughout the years to the point where his family had no idea. Considering the size of his family living near him, that was amazing he managed to do that. So I guess all the jury members, Judges, prosecutors and cops just "had it in" for poor old Camm and framed him. Camm isn't even an important person--why would so many people want to out Camm in prison. There is physical evidence, things he said, things like the CPR he forgot how to do, and even his witnesses at the gym don't say the same things and one testified for the defense. No one else would have gotten 3 trials and all the new Judges, change of venues and new Prosecutors. He once had Stephanie McCarthy come to his house and Kim came home. He lied and told her Stephanie's car in the driveway was an undercover cop car. He had never in his life been truthful. The dude is Guilty!
guilty three times

Newport, KY

#6549 Jan 1, 2013
Guilty as Charged wrote:
<quoted text>That rural home is about 2 miles from 1-64 and if you check there are phone towers in the area.
Not only are there plenty of cell towers in that area, Camm was known to use his cell phone all the time-he kept it with him all the time and he also had one when he was a trooper. Look at all the numbers that were programmed in his cell phone and how many calls he made. He sure didn't want his women calling him at home. Makes no sense to spend the extra minutes going in to call the ISP when 911 was closer and had he lost contact on his cell phone they would of had his number. AND, he didn't even check Kim and Jill-then he messes up on doing CPR on Brad IF he even tried to do it. His business card had his cell number on it--he isn't going to give business prospects a cell phone number with BAD reception. Some of these camm supporters and relatives will try to think of anything to make up for the fact that he called the ISP who was so far away instead of the local cops and sheriff. I think he is guilty as sin.
junebug

Newport, KY

#6550 Jan 1, 2013
BeeBee2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for letting me know where the info is on the cell phone. I just got done reading One Deadly Night and must have missed that part. VERY "odd" Camm would go into the house to call the ISP instead of getting out of that garage and calling 911. Only a guilty person would know no killer was around! Especially Camm as a cop! Plus Camm (supposedly) didn't have a gun, so he had no self-protection. Yep, the more I read the more I can see this entire thing was staged by Camm. He supposedly didn't remember the shirt under Brad?? PLEASE! It's a shirt that was issued by the Dept of Corrections! Something Camm would immediately recognize. Funny thing is I think Camm meant to frame Boney from the start and put that sweatshirt under Brad, but instead Camm himself got arrested. At that point dragging Boney into it would have been a big risk for Camm since he was now a suspect with evidence against him. He thought he would get off with his manufactured alibi, he was wrong.
June is there anyway I can email you, or can you message me here? Thanks!
That is the way I have seen it all along. If anybody was framed it was Boney who isn't very intelligent and is such a big liar with a record that would of made him look Guilty. The bottom line is Boney had NO MOTIVE for killing Kim, Brad, and Jill. Camm "thought" his people or the ISP, would never believe he had killed his own family.Camm sure couldn't just come up with Boney's name as a suspect since that would have tied the two of them together so his big plan failed. Then, his attorneys and family got the conviction overturned and got a new Prosecutor elected. They thought Keith Henderson would drop those charges since they backed him in his campaign--Keith Henderson is also a former Indiana State Trooper. Camm planned on the shirt being tested and Boney charged-instead, it backfired and he was arrested.I think the reason Camm claimed he never remembered that BACKBONE sweatshirt is after he himself was arrested and in jail he really didn't care if Boney was arrested or not-that was going to link the 2 of them and Camm knew that. All Camm had to do was get his first Defense attorney to ask for a motion for that sweatshirt to be tested by an independent lab and he didn't. That phone call is on page 132. Last paragraph-at first it sounds like he was calling Donnie on Donnie's cell phone, but he claims he only went in the house one time to call the ISP. So that ruled that out. I don't live in Louisville all the time and i will try to get you a message someway. It wouldn't let me send one on here unless I joined the community. Keep in mind-Camm's family had John Glatt write this book-you might could get some good info from Glatt himself--he has a good website.Had this book not of come out when it did, Camm might have gotten away with Murdering 3 people. Instead, the book went to the publisher just about the time the book came out and his DNA had been discovered. With Henderson being a former trooper himself, it didn't take long to figure out Boney had some help. I doubt that Henderson believed everything Boney said but he apparently told some things that helped the detectives put it all together. Sure, he lied on some of the stipulatory lie detector test, but on other parts he lied. Due to Boney being such a pathological liar, I doubt he will be used as a witness in this 3rd trial but he should be able to tell this new Prosecutor and the detectives about where things happened, etc that should help them. Since Camm came from a prominent family he never once thought he'd be a suspect. Also, there is a lady that Kim had told at the kid's school she was expecting Camm home between 7:00 pm and 7:30 pm that night. His aunt came home at 7:30 and Camms house was dark with the garage doors down. A neighbor saw Kim arrive home at 7:35-I bet Boney and Camm were in the garage in his United Dynamics truck waiting for Kim with the doors down.
junebug

Newport, KY

#6551 Jan 2, 2013
BeeBee2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for letting me know where the info is on the cell phone. I just got done reading One Deadly Night and must have missed that part. VERY "odd" Camm would go into the house to call the ISP instead of getting out of that garage and calling 911. Only a guilty person would know no killer was around! Especially Camm as a cop! Plus Camm (supposedly) didn't have a gun, so he had no self-protection. Yep, the more I read the more I can see this entire thing was staged by Camm. He supposedly didn't remember the shirt under Brad?? PLEASE! It's a shirt that was issued by the Dept of Corrections! Something Camm would immediately recognize. Funny thing is I think Camm meant to frame Boney from the start and put that sweatshirt under Brad, but instead Camm himself got arrested. At that point dragging Boney into it would have been a big risk for Camm since he was now a suspect with evidence against him. He thought he would get off with his manufactured alibi, he was wrong.
Btw, Boney passed the stipulatory on selling Camm the gun. Another thing i have thought of was Camm would have risked the killer being in the house when he went in there to call the ISP IF he hadn't of known who the real killer was. He wasn't going to risk his life by going into a house with a killer in it. He was using his call phone to call his brother while his uncle, who is a former law enforcement officer, was trying to get the dog out of the garage so it wouldn't disturb the crime scene.Camm probably couldn't care less if the dog messed up the crime scene or not. Someone claims they had seen Boney's car on the main road-which could make sense if Camm picked him up and they drove in the garage and put both doors down until Kim and the kids arrived home. With Boney being this huge black man, I doubt he would of sat there in his car and waited on Camm to come to his house. Just seeing a black man in that area, which is mainly Camm relatives, would have been suspicious. That would also match up with what the lady at the church testified Kim had told her about Camm being home that night around 7:00pm and 7:30pm. I think they disallowed her testimony last trial, but the woman had no reason to lie about it. One thing that conviced me Camm was guilty was the way he had the insurance money fixed. If something had of happened to both David and Kim, the insurance money would of gone to his youngest brother, who wasn't even married and lived in Florida at the time. the brother also forged the address on that insurance and he was later charged with a felony and barred from doing insurance in Fl, I think. Why would Camm not of wanted the grandparents or Kim'sister or even his oldest brother who had kids the same age as his to raise the kids and get the money. I noticed the brother said if he were to get the money now he would give some of it to the Renns? Some of it? WHY would he deserve any part of that money so I think there was a lot of rigging and planning on the insurance. To me, that is one of the biggest motives in the world--the money. I think this new Prosecutor will dwell on that--it is very odd. IF the prosecutor could use all the information they have it would be over with in a burry but the ISC wouldn't let a lot of things be mentioned even 404b evidence. Even if Camm had 10 women around this time, you can bet your life none of them are going to come forward and admit it since that would also involved them.
Anonymous

Newport, KY

#6552 Jan 2, 2013
BeeBee2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
My email is [email protected] . Try that-I am having trouble registering on the community profile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sellersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grandfather of Indiana teen found dead near hik... (Mar '17) Sep 17 justice 145
News Ind. Courts - 'Jeffersonville attorney Larry Wi... (Jun '09) Sep 16 waitress 6
Guy goes by thd Name of "RED"?? Sep 16 Wow 7
Destinie jupin lookin for a big black long dong Sep 9 Caught STD from M... 3
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Oct '16) Sep 5 scotty steiner 83
the music thread (Feb '12) Sep 1 Musikologist 39
Mr. Cook (Feb '15) Aug 29 Jeremy ford 4

Sellersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sellersburg Mortgages