Justice For David Camm

Justice For David Camm

There are 8249 comments on the Topix story from Dec 11, 2008, titled Justice For David Camm. In it, Topix reports that:

WE CONTINUE TO FIGHT FOR: THE ADMISSION OF EVIDENCE JUSTICE FOR KIM, BRAD & JILL FREEDOM FOR DAVID CAMM THE TRUTH...THE SIMPLE TRUTH On September 28, 2000, Kimberly, Bradley, and Jill Camm were shot to death in the Camm family garage, located in Georgetown, Indiana, just a few miles from Louisville, Kentucky. The Indiana State Police (ISP) responded to the scene, as did the local prosecutor, Stanley Faith, who called for the assistance of a blood stain and crime scene re-constructionist. Three days after the crimes occurred, the husband of Kim and the father of Jill and Brad, David Camm, was arrested. In early 2002 David Camm was convicted of their murders and sentenced to 195 years in the Indiana Department of Corrections. Case solved. Case closed. In August, 2004, the Indiana Court of Appeals overturned Camm's conviction. Camm got a new trial. In November, 2004, Prosecutor Keith Henderson recharged Camm after having a "Fresh Eyes" team re-investigate the crime. Camm was re-charged. In March, 2005, another man, Charles Darnell Boney, was charged with murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Camm was re-charged with Boney. In February, 2006, Boney was convicted and sentenced to 225 years in prison. Camm was convicted in March, 2006, and sentenced to life in prison without parole. Case solved. Case closed. Those are the facts of this case. Well, at least a few facts. Most people in the metropolitan area of Louisville are convinced that David Camm is a molester and murderer. They are convinced that Charles Boney helped him in some shape, manner, or form. There are those who know many more facts that are thoroughly convinced of David Camm's innocence and continue to fight for him and his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Topix.

Just the Facts

Shelbyville, KY

#6511 Dec 27, 2012
fly007 wrote:
<quoted text>The Lincoln was dark blue, not black or African-American.
I stand corrected.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6512 Dec 27, 2012
Wow - I just read 'Charles Boney's fifth interview with Wilkerson', and 'The events prior to Boney's fifth interview'. How they wanted Barbara Boney to get her son to sign how he conspired with David. How they got Boney to say he knew David and that David was involved in the murders. Wilkerson throws out the possibilities and Boney makes up lame stories around them. As long as all those guys can sleep after helping Boney put David in prison - that's what it's all about.
Guilty as Charged

Bowling Green, KY

#6513 Dec 27, 2012
fly007 wrote:
<quoted text>The Lincoln was dark blue, not black or African-American.
It was testified to in court Boney drove a BLACK CADILLAC with dark tinted windows. Maybe someone in a dark blue Lincoln did it?
Mrs Beasley

Harrisburg, PA

#6514 Dec 27, 2012
BeeBee2013 wrote:
I think Camm is guilty as sin. Why did he call the state police and tell them his wife AND KIDS were DEAD, ignore questions about sending an ambulance, and then try his phoney CPR on Brad??
Along with the mountain of forensic evidence showing Camm was the shooter this fake display of CPR has me convinced this guy is guilty!
Why did he call the police and say his wife and kids were dead? Do I really need to answer this for you. What was he to do? Walk by their bloody bodies and pour a [email protected]#n martini.
Charles Boney is not a mountain of evidence he's a mountain of shit. And like Billy Mays use to say " but wait there's more" You are a moron.

Since: Dec 12

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#6515 Dec 28, 2012
fly007 wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't "send everyone" include the ambulance. Why would they continue to waste time by repeating the question 3 times, when he had already said - "send everyone!!" How do you know the cpr attempt was fake. Is this the stuff you use to say - yeah, this man is guilty. He wanted help there - he had to stop and make the call to a # he probably had programmed in his phone.
Let me ask you a question. Was an ambulance sent? Did any EMT's check Brad after Camm did his dramatic scene yelling "Breath Brad Breath"????
This of course is after he stopped the first round of alleged CPR and ran next door.
Really????

Location hidden

#6516 Dec 29, 2012
Guilty as Charged wrote:
<quoted text>It was testified to in court Boney drove a BLACK CADILLAC with dark tinted windows. Maybe someone in a dark blue Lincoln did it?
In "Boney's third and fourth police interviews" Boney says he met David on the hospital parking lot in a blue Cadillac (not Lincoln). I read somewhere that his uncle gave him the car. Have no idea what was said in court - if someone testified in court, under oath, sworn to tell the truth, that it was black, then it must be true. But surely there were no racial references, regardless the color.

Location hidden

#6517 Dec 29, 2012
I refer to Bony's interviews as if what he's saying is fact. Sorry about that. Even Gilbert and Kessenger say his stories are "stories of convenience", and "a crock of shit".
Junebug

Newport, KY

#6518 Dec 29, 2012
BeeBee2013 wrote:
I think Camm is guilty as sin. Why did he call the state police and tell them his wife AND KIDS were DEAD, ignore questions about sending an ambulance, and then try his phoney CPR on Brad??
Along with the mountain of forensic evidence showing Camm was the shooter this fake display of CPR has me convinced this guy is guilty!
I think it looks suspicious that he called the Indiana State Police since they were the fartherest away from the crime scene. Even if he did call the ISP, he could have also called 911 to get others there as quick as possible. My question has always been "Why did he go in the house to use the landline phone when he had a cell phone on him?--that seemed to me like he wasted some time by doing that or maybe he had a motive for going into the house. And on the tape he did say his wife and kids were DEAD. With his past experience on being an officer, he knew the right protocol to use. Then, he couldn't remember when he did the CPR on Brad and I thought that seemed odd too. I don't know Camm and yes, he could have been in shock, but I don't see a motive for Boney to kill three people he didn't know. While we all know Boney is a pathological liar, Camm sure didn't have a history of telling the truth either. Look at how he had been deceiving his own family all those years with his affairs with all those women. Another thing he didn't want to do was take the rape test kit until his uncle insisted he did. WHAT was he afraid of? I know Conspiracy Charges were dropped on Camm, but I will always believe there is some connection between the two of them. Camm had been a former cop and he knew how to cover up things. And, he threatened those 2 detectives and told them he would kill them if his blood came back on that shirt--that seemed odd too. Then, Camm asked that female trooper if he would be "dateable" with his family killed? That seemed odd too. He apparently did keep pushing for that Backbone shirt to be tested, and I think he knew that since Boney already had a record, he would be a suspect. Had Boney not said some of the same things that Camm did, such as hearing Brad yelling for his daddy to help him I would consider Boney the only one but that is something I don't think Boney just made up. If Camm Isn't Guilty, why doesn't he take the stipulatory lie detector test and prove it? And, I think he will be found Guilty again. Some people insist there would have been more blood on that shirt had Camm been the shooter, but we don't know the angle he shot from. Hopefully, this time, Boney will be able to tell some things to let the jury know some things, like where Camm was if Camm is the shooter. It makes me nauseous to see Boney on tv and he certainly can't tell the truth but if he takes that test again and passes some important questions it would give a better insight on the whole thing and the truth. Personally, I thought Camm had a lot of motives with the main one being the insurance money and just not needing Kim's income since he had a good job. He did very little with the kids anyway, even after he got the new job with his uncle. so maybe he just wanted to be rid of all of them and pursue a new life. Camm's family seemed to really like Kim and those kids and I don't think a divorce would ever have suited them, so I don't think a divorce was an option for him. They should of accepted Stephanie McCarty when he was dating her and maybe Kim, Brad, and Jill would still be alive. I do knowI hope this is the last trial.I don't know the families but it has to be hard on both of them and everyone is sick of this case.
marc

Newport, KY

#6519 Dec 29, 2012
fly007 wrote:
Wow - I just read 'Charles Boney's fifth interview with Wilkerson', and 'The events prior to Boney's fifth interview'. How they wanted Barbara Boney to get her son to sign how he conspired with David. How they got Boney to say he knew David and that David was involved in the murders. Wilkerson throws out the possibilities and Boney makes up lame stories around them. As long as all those guys can sleep after helping Boney put David in prison - that's what it's all about.
If Wilkerson was related to Boney, was that legal? I wouldn't have thought it was even legal for a relative to be questioning a triple murder suspect. Maybe Wilkerson will have some answers for that in this third trial. The whole thing sounds suspicious to me.
Sarah

Newport, KY

#6520 Dec 29, 2012
BeeBee2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you a question. Was an ambulance sent? Did any EMT's check Brad after Camm did his dramatic scene yelling "Breath Brad Breath"????
This of course is after he stopped the first round of alleged CPR and ran next door.
Really????
Since Camm told the dispatcher they were all dead, I doubt they sent an ambulance. I do know several of the officers tried CPR but it was too late. Just WHY did Camm even run next door? Why didn't he call and keep working with Brad, if he was trying the CPR as he claims?How come he did nothing for Kim and Jill? AND WHY was the house next door he ran to never searched for a gun? I realize there were some mistakes made on the part of the officers, etc, but Camm's story just doesn't match up to me either. HOW did Camm know Kim and Jill were dead if he didn't even check them? And, he has the blood spatter from Jill on his shirt. I agree with your comments. There is plenty of evidence to convict David Camm--it has been done twice and will be done again.

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#6521 Dec 30, 2012
Junebug wrote:
<quoted text>I think it looks suspicious that he called the Indiana State Police since they were the fartherest away from the crime scene. Even if he did call the ISP, he could have also called 911 to get others there as quick as possible. My question has always been "Why did he go in the house to use the landline phone when he had a cell phone on him?--that seemed to me like he wasted some time by doing that or maybe he had a motive for going into the house.
That's interesting about the cell phone. Are you sure he had a cell phone on him? Also does anybody know if Camm claimed the door was locked from the garage to the house?
I think it is "odd" that Camm seemed to have no fear that the killer could still be around, possibly waiting for him, yet later he tells the police it was probably somebody out to get him.

Location hidden

#6522 Dec 30, 2012
The police were bound and determined to get Boney to include David. There was a period of time between interviews that was not recorded. If they are brazen enough to say things on tape to somehow get Boney to include David in the murders, no telling what was suggested to him without the tape rolling. Why would Boney change his story to include 4 different locations of where he met David, the hospital, Target, a grocery store front close to where Kim's sister' store. The guy with the gun was first in Louisville, then in New Albany, (and was never found). It's amazing how information was fed to Boney and he still couldn't come up with a believable story.

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#6523 Dec 30, 2012
fly007 wrote:
It's amazing how information was fed to Boney and he still couldn't come up with a believable story.
Of course Boney lied. He was saying everything possible to avoid being an accomplice under Indiana law. Obviously it didn't work and he was rightly convicted.

Bottom line- it doesn't change the evidence on Camm. They were both involved at Camm's design. I'm surprised so many find that hard to believe. People conspire on illegal activities every day! You think cop and convict is rare?? Trust me it is not!
junebug

Newport, KY

#6525 Dec 30, 2012
BeeBee2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting about the cell phone. Are you sure he had a cell phone on him? Also does anybody know if Camm claimed the door was locked from the garage to the house?
I think it is "odd" that Camm seemed to have no fear that the killer could still be around, possibly waiting for him, yet later he tells the police it was probably somebody out to get him.
Yes, he sure did. He used the cell phone to call his brother, Donnie, while his uncle, Nelson, was trying to get the dog out of the garage so the dog wouldn't disturb the crime scene. And he called his first wife to tell her about the three murders and ask her to tell his daughter by her, Whitney, about the murders. I think he claimed the front door was locked but I don't know what he said about the door from the garage to the house. It is on page 132 on the book, "One Deadly Night" about his calling on his cell phone. It looks like he would of been helping his uncle get the dog out of the garage to NOT disturb the crime scene instead of making a call on his call phone. I thought it was odd he ran across the road to tell his uncle instead of calling on that cell phone. He also had his two uncles and one trooper go and tell Kim's parents that night and he didn't even go over there until late the next day. That is when he told her parents he could hear his son calling "Daddy,Daddy" which is the same thing Charles Boney' told the detectives. Boney didn't know what Camm had said to the detectives so to me, that proves they were both there.Boney told a pack of lies and always does, but he did make some statements like that one that were true. I think it is "ODD" too that Camm didn't seem worried about the killer still being around. THAT makes he think he knew who it was, The Lead detective did send other troopers and conservation officers out to hunt for people and the gun that night. Charles Boney had every chance in the world to get rid of a gun or even cell phones him and Camm had used. Or, Camm could have thrown them out enroute back to the church. My guess would be that Boney disposed of the things since Camm's route that night was pretty well known and it would have been harder for him to dispose of anything that would connect him to the murders. To me, Camm probably made up the story about it was someone out to get him just to sound good and get the focus off him. He didn't thin his "buddies" at the State Police Post would ever suspect him. Even though he has 10 people that testify they never saw him leave the church that night, their stories are NOT identical. One of those guys changed his testimony at the last trial and said he could of left the gym. Those 10 that are testifying are either real good family friends or relatives. When you hear their testimony, he doesn't have a solid alibi at all. And, Camm acts like that blood expert guy, Rod Englert and his assistant, Mr. Stites are total idiots. They have both been in law enfourcement for years and Englert is one of the best in the nation. Read his book, "Blood Secrets" on blood and you will see where I am coming from on that. Englert and Stites are both well respected in their field and used in a lot of high profile cases.They didn't just take some 40 hour blood course---they have been in law enforcement for years. To hear Camm talk about those two experts, you would think they had never done anything except get some certification. Rod Englert has been in Law Enforsement for close to 50 years and his testimony is very factual and solid. It looks like now Camm's Defense team wants to limit what Rod Englert can say--his knowledge and testimony add a different dimension to the picture for someone like me that is uneducated about blood spatter. I guess these two experts are "framing" David Camm too. It is in the book, One Deadly Night" about the cell phone calls and also about the officers not recording all of David's interview either. They are both involved.
junebug

Newport, KY

#6526 Dec 30, 2012
BeeBee2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Boney lied. He was saying everything possible to avoid being an accomplice under Indiana law. Obviously it didn't work and he was rightly convicted.
Bottom line- it doesn't change the evidence on Camm. They were both involved at Camm's design. I'm surprised so many find that hard to believe. People conspire on illegal activities every day! You think cop and convict is rare?? Trust me it is not!
I agree-it doesn't change the evidence on Camm at all. And, it wasn't like Camm even had an immaculate record as a cop. IN fact. Camm claimed he didn't even remember the "Backbone" shirt being placed under Brad.It looks like to me that the first defense lawyer, Mr. McDaniels would of made sure that shirt had been tested. It was as much his responsibility as the prosecutor's. It seems odd to me that Camm keeps getting NEW Defense lawyers, too. Why not stay with the ones that know your story and have tried to represent him? And, then, that one lady Prosecutor quit--I believe she thought Camm was guilty too and knew the case wasn't winnable. You are very right--there are crooked people and crooked cops. Had the blood not been on Camm he might of gotten away with 3 Murders since he knew Charles Boney couldn't afford to rat on Camm without involving himself. With Boney's record,he could definitely look like the only one involved if not for that blood spatter on Camm. I know Camm also had some GSR on him too--but I haven't heard as much about that. In my opinion, Camm picked the perfect accomplice in Boney, considering Boney's record. I think Boney sold the guns and Camm did most of the planning and shooting-he was also an expert in firearms and since they are only shot once that leads me to think Camm is the shooter. I haven't ever heard anyone say they ever thought Boney was the shooter since Camm was a 96% firearms expert. If Camm really isn't guilty he should take a stipulatory lie detector test and get this over once and for all but we will never see that. One of Camm's supporters said he wouldnt take a stipulatory lie detector test due to the fact that they can mess you up on one. Well, if that is the case, maybe Boney was messed up on his too--except he did admit to being there at the crime scene. Third Trial--Guilty as Charged. I think he is also guilty of sexually abusing Jill too--that started happening just about the time he quit working for the State Police according to Mrs. Renn's testimony. At that point, I believe Boney was still in prison, where he should of remained.
guilty

Newport, KY

#6527 Dec 31, 2012
marc wrote:
<quoted text>If Wilkerson was related to Boney, was that legal? I wouldn't have thought it was even legal for a relative to be questioning a triple murder suspect. Maybe Wilkerson will have some answers for that in this third trial. The whole thing sounds suspicious to me.
Marc, if I am not mistaken, Wilkerson died last year. I remember hearing it on tv, I think.I am sure they still have his transcripts and work he did on the case though.
guilty

Newport, KY

#6528 Dec 31, 2012
BeeBee2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really????
I agree with you about the alleged CPR. Camm claims he doesn't remember when he gave it to Brad (before or after the phone call to the ISP), and then he says he forgot how to do CPR on a boy that size. WHO does he think he is fooling? State troopers take training on a regular basis to kept up with the latest things and CPR. And there wasn't any blood in Brad's mouth as Camm claimed--the State Medical Examiner testified to that.Camm's story doesn't make sense. I definitely believe he conspired with Boney to kill his family---he thought Boney would be considered the killer due to his record. Camm had a lot of motives to kill his family, especially that insurance money and his freedom. Camm wasn't even truthful when he was a cop.

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#6529 Dec 31, 2012
junebug wrote:
<quoted text>I agree-it doesn't change the evidence on Camm at all. And, it wasn't like Camm even had an immaculate record as a cop. IN fact. Camm claimed he didn't even remember the "Backbone" shirt being placed under Brad.It looks like to me that the first defense lawyer, Mr. McDaniels would of made sure that shirt had been tested. It was as much his responsibility as the prosecutor's.
Thanks for letting me know where the info is on the cell phone. I just got done reading One Deadly Night and must have missed that part. VERY "odd" Camm would go into the house to call the ISP instead of getting out of that garage and calling 911. Only a guilty person would know no killer was around! Especially Camm as a cop! Plus Camm (supposedly) didn't have a gun, so he had no self-protection. Yep, the more I read the more I can see this entire thing was staged by Camm. He supposedly didn't remember the shirt under Brad?? PLEASE! It's a shirt that was issued by the Dept of Corrections! Something Camm would immediately recognize. Funny thing is I think Camm meant to frame Boney from the start and put that sweatshirt under Brad, but instead Camm himself got arrested. At that point dragging Boney into it would have been a big risk for Camm since he was now a suspect with evidence against him. He thought he would get off with his manufactured alibi, he was wrong.
June is there anyway I can email you, or can you message me here? Thanks!

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#6530 Dec 31, 2012
ps- lots of case discussion here:
http://www.sleuthingforjustice.com/phpBB3/ind...

If you want to join in send me a message here. Registration at that forum is turned off due to spam, but I will create an account for anyone who wants to join in.
Just the Facts

Lexington, KY

#6531 Dec 31, 2012
BeeBee2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone that is wondering why Camm didn't use a cell phone know what level of service he got at his rural home back in 2000? At my in-laws who live about 20 miles east of Louisville, the only way you can make a cell phone call now is if you stand in one particluar spot in the back yard and then you're lucky if your call doesn't get dropped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sellersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone want to talk about sex? Jun 16 Jesse 31
Bre Crowe Jun 16 Objective Observer 1
melinda loveless wants early prison release (Oct '07) Jun 16 Objective Observer 511
Barber shop shooting Jun 13 Mark Wilson 4
jim butner (Oct '12) Jun 12 Karlas1985 24
Has anyone else had issues with kentuckyania me... Jun 12 Angry citizen 1
kentuckiana medical center (Jan '11) Jun 12 Angry citizen 2

Sellersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sellersburg Mortgages