Sellersburg Police
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wxin9

United States

#21 May 15, 2010
Scanners are legal in your car if one the clo grants you the privledge of doing so very rare if ever happens or if u have a amature raido operators licens.

Since: Oct 10

Philadelphia, PA

#22 Oct 21, 2010
SPD K9 Officer Adams wrote:
Just to touch on a few things being said on this forum.
1. Why do people that post things not use their real name?
2. I can only speak for myself as a police officer, I refuse to put words in anyone's mouth.
3. Everyone is intitled to their opinion. Some people like the police, and some people do not and that's fine.
4. Don't be afraid to come up to us(the police)and talk to us when you see us out somewhere...like a gas station or store.
5. Please remember we are people not robots. We have good days and bad days just like anyone, we are human.
6. One thing to look at is that the police never get called to someone's house to sit down to talk and have a cup of coffee or water. Police get called to a situation that is usually bad and we try to help people with their problems. Police usually see the bad side of people, but sometimes we do get to see the good.
7. For the comments made over the radio. Not saying it didn't happen but the telephone and radio transmissions are recorded at all times and we all know that.
8. Sellersburg is a small town with about 8,500 people. We do not have a high crime rate such as Louisville. We do have crimes and have had murders, rapes, burglaries, theft, domestic batteries etc....
9. We as a department to stop alot of vehicles. We as a whole write more warnings than citations (believe it or not). Due to us stopping everything that moves so to speak, that helps keep criminals out of our town. I was rised in Sellersburg and graduated from Silver Creek. The Sellersburg Police have always had a rep of stopping everyone. Some people love it and some don't.
10. Anyone that says the police didn't help needs to know that "the police" can only do so much. We are the middle man for the Clark County Prosecutor and they have the final say in if anyone gets charged with something or spends time in jail. Yes there are child molestors walking the street that did get a slap on the hand and SHOULD BE LOCK UP FOR LIFE. It's not our fault, but we do get the blame from some of the public.
11. As for the comment about a officer leaving and the rest of our attitudes got better. The town will never really understand that they lost a great police officer. Some will read this and disagree and that's ok.
To close. Don't be afraid to talk to us. If you wave as you drive by we may not be paying attention and just don't see you. If you have a question just ask and I'll do my best to give you a correct answer.
K9 Officer Adams
Sellersburg Poice Department
To answer your #1 question K9 Officer Adams, people don't post their real names so the police and other unfriendlies don't harass them. I grew up in Sellersburg and graduated from Silver Creek too. I was harassed constantly by the SPD just because I "fit the description" they would say. I just got out of the Army Infantry of 10 years, been deployed to Iraq 3 times and Afganistan twice and still have no respect for the SPD just because of past experiences with them. There isn't much to do but harass & spy on young adults trying to have fun in a small town and the OCCASIONAL disturbance.
concerned citzn

Louisville, KY

#23 Nov 25, 2010
Some of them are great, however, the younger officer follows almost everyone who leaves Vicario's. He's on the taskforce and is required to pull a minimum of 3 ppl over per hour until he gets a owi or dui, then he is done for the night. I have seen him texting while driving his patrol car, and stays around the "loop" preying on people who leave the bar. I know it's not ok to drink and drive, but "profiling" is not allowed in our country supposedly. I believe Gardner?? is his name.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#24 Nov 26, 2010
Doesnt matter wrote:
Wow, I am sorry about your friend passing. on the friend that was being beat by his dad, did they make a report and contact the Child Protection Services? Surely they did that. Maybe they just couldnt comment on it to you, since it was a minor involved. I just find it hard to believe they did nothing to help.
The Chief is a great person. I have never met him, but in the last few months the officers seem to have a better attitude. An older friend of mine had her dog attacked and killed by a neighbors dog, and they were right there to help her. They were all very helpful and respectful. Could be, because one of them moved to another police dept in a different city. Not sure, but I know they have improved on the attitude. Who knows, maybe the chief has read some comments on here about them and had a talk to them.
Again, I am sorry about your friend passing, and I hope the other friend is not getting beat anymore. All I can tell you, is the next time you need to make a report, call and ask for the chief and see if you cannot talk to him. Can you reveal the name of the friend that died last year, or would you rather not? Just curious to see if the name rings a bell.
OH NO...SHES TELLIN THE TRUTH.THEY DIDNT DO SHIT 4 ME GROWIN UP GETTIN BEAT NOR 4 MY YOUNGER BROTHER LAS YR OR 4 MY SON.PUT HIM BACK IN MY CUSTODY THEN ARREST ME 4 HAVIN HIM AND BEING A MOTHER THAT IVE BEEN ALL ALONG. WHILE THEY NEVER CALLED CPS.JUDGE THROUGH IT OUT BUT THATS IT.ND A FEW PEOPLE I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH HAVE HAD VERY SIMILAR ISSUES.

Location hidden

#25 Nov 26, 2010
Beaker31083 wrote:
<quoted text>To answer your #1 question K9 Officer Adams, people don't post their real names so the police and other unfriendlies don't harass them. I grew up in Sellersburg and graduated from Silver Creek too. I was harassed constantly by the SPD just because I "fit the description" they would say. I just got out of the Army Infantry of 10 years, been deployed to Iraq 3 times and Afganistan twice and still have no respect for the SPD just because of past experiences with them. There isn't much to do but harass & spy on young adults trying to have fun in a small town and the OCCASIONAL disturbance.
I most certainally agree with you! And as far as we the people leaving our names,1 freedom of speach without fear of wrongful prosecution is bs! 2,we dont have a badge to hide behind and pick and choose when to do our jobs correctly! Nd fyi i believe everyone of us should file a lawsuit against these clowns for criminal neglagence,discrimination,harr assment,and whatever else they dont do when they should and vice versa.till that happens theyll keep thinking they get away with it.and believe me ive said it to many corrupt officers and will again,im jus smart enough to have witnesses present when i do!
darrell levell

United States

#26 Nov 26, 2010
Shut up! If you dont like the town or the people that run it try going to town meetings or hell get out and vote! Or move lol you could always move to charlestown ! I hear it`s over flowing with drugs n crime. I love my town and im damn proud to be here. I wave at the police and they wave back and if they dont it doesnt bother me because they probably have all the stuff that we dont have to deal with on their mind. I dont see anyone else sittin out freezing their asses off collectcing money to get kids toys and clothes for x-mas. So shut up

Location hidden

#27 Nov 26, 2010
No im not gona shut up!freedom of speach..and im out there doing the same.reality is most of them are corrupt in dif ways and its not just sellersburg!new albany and sburg are neck and neck.and fyi im friends with alot of officers and they admit they work with many who are corrupt and file complaints when they witness situations.so either your just ignorant or you connected to officers that are.either way your intitled to your opinion just as i am and anyone else is.
Tax Payer Nobody

AOL

#28 May 19, 2011
I just see too many Police Officers disrespectful to Citizens in general. Always how dangerous their jobs are, stressed out, etc. If it is that bad -quit. Don't take it out on the people. The ticket writing has gotten ridiculous-5/6 m.p.h. over. (We all know how THEY drive out on the interstate)
Anonymous

New Albany, IN

#29 May 25, 2011
1. of course people are not going to put their real names when posting on the Internet about a topic like this. police officers are paid so little these days that they don't attract the brightest recruits anymore. smart people dont say "i wanna be a police officer." they go to college and study science, business, etc. and because of this, we are being "protected" by mostly a bunch of self-righteous pompous power-hungry idiots. FACT.

2. the Sellersburg Police Department is BY FAR the worst police department in any city that I have ever been to. they pulled me over once for a seatbelt violation and i already had my seatbelt on the whole time!! they are rude and ignorant of actual laws.

3. Pay Attention to this Part Please: The Sellersburg Police Department targets certain types of vehicles. they look for cheap, beat up, and old cars. they look for drivers who they dont believe have a lot of money, then they find a reason to impound their car and hope that they won't be able to get it out. then they take the car and sell it at a police auction and keep the money.

somebody really needs to do something about the unprofessionalism and ignorance of the law demonstrated by the Sellersburg Police Department for decades.

anonymous (duh)
deedee

United States

#30 Jul 11, 2011
SPD K9 Officer Adams wrote:
Just to touch on a few things being said on this forum.
1. Why do people that post things not use their real name?
2. I can only speak for myself as a police officer, I refuse to put words in anyone's mouth.
3. Everyone is intitled to their opinion. Some people like the police, and some people do not and that's fine.
4. Don't be afraid to come up to us(the police)and talk to us when you see us out somewhere...like a gas station or store.
5. Please remember we are people not robots. We have good days and bad days just like anyone, we are human.
6. One thing to look at is that the police never get called to someone's house to sit down to talk and have a cup of coffee or water. Police get called to a situation that is usually bad and we try to help people with their problems. Police usually see the bad side of people, but sometimes we do get to see the good.
7. For the comments made over the radio. Not saying it didn't happen but the telephone and radio transmissions are recorded at all times and we all know that.
8. Sellersburg is a small town with about 8,500 people. We do not have a high crime rate such as Louisville. We do have crimes and have had murders, rapes, burglaries, theft, domestic batteries etc....
9. We as a department to stop alot of vehicles. We as a whole write more warnings than citations (believe it or not). Due to us stopping everything that moves so to speak, that helps keep criminals out of our town. I was rised in Sellersburg and graduated from Silver Creek. The Sellersburg Police have always had a rep of stopping everyone. Some people love it and some don't.
10. Anyone that says the police didn't help needs to know that "the police" can only do so much. We are the middle man for the Clark County Prosecutor and they have the final say in if anyone gets charged with something or spends time in jail. Yes there are child molestors walking the street that did get a slap on the hand and SHOULD BE LOCK UP FOR LIFE. It's not our fault, but we do get the blame from some of the public.
11. As for the comment about a officer leaving and the rest of our attitudes got better. The town will never really understand that they lost a great police officer. Some will read this and disagree and that's ok.
To close. Don't be afraid to talk to us. If you wave as you drive by we may not be paying attention and just don't see you. If you have a question just ask and I'll do my best to give you a correct answer.
K9 Officer Adams
Sellersburg Poice Department
I agree with Officer Adams. The police DO NOT get the credit they deserve. My family had always had a good relationship with the SPD. They have been nothing but friendly and helpful.

Sellersburg had a GREAT set of guys out there protecting us and for that I would like to say THANK YOU!!!!

And for the scanner bit...If you didn't hear it yourself...did it really ever happen?????
Mia Off

Louisville, KY

#31 Jun 30, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
I know all of the Sellersburg Police Officers and NONE of them would ever be unkind in any way. They have a hard job and frankly I am tired of people downing them all the time. Just remember if you don't like the police who are you going to rely on for help when needed????? I thought so.
#####
Why not publish ur name......lol probably the chief or one of those other (insert bad word here)
wtf

Shelbyville, IN

#33 Aug 13, 2014
Why do they stop people walking all the time minding there own business not doing nothing wrong? I probably have been stopped 15 to 20 times. Not counting other people I know. And they always have some dumb excuse why they do. Then people drive by and look at u like your a criminal. Im sure there a meth lab or something in this town thats more important than people walking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sellersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Albany youth shelter employee charged with ... 7 hr anonymous 1234 1
just wondering May 27 just wondering 1
in need of a loan shark? (Sep '13) May 24 Donawa 11
News Candidate: Pregnancy from rape is God's intent (Oct '12) May 20 Tazo 4
Theatre X (Mar '11) May 17 Hum 94
Review: Jim Butner Auto Inc (Aug '09) May 2 Heather mattingly 181
New Water Park Apr '15 hardwareman 1
More from around the web

Sellersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE