Heavy Freddie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

What is a public survent. Is that part of the policeman job. Someone needs to tell the sellersburg police that when a 9 year old kid waves of trys to communicate that they should give them the time of day instead of being unkind and blowing them off.
AprilLeigh

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Was the kid trying to flag them down for help or just saying hello? I live in Sellersburg and have always found the police to be very repectful and polite but I have also heard from others that they can be real a**holes at times. What can I say -mean people suck!!!
Anonymous

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2008

I know all of the Sellersburg Police Officers and NONE of them would ever be unkind in any way. They have a hard job and frankly I am tired of people downing them all the time. Just remember if you don't like the police who are you going to rely on for help when needed????? I thought so.
Doesnt matter

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

I was at a friends house one time (2yrs ago) and they had a scanner, and I heard them talking about people and making fun of them for no reason. One of them was commenting on a heavy set lady and they flat out called her fat, then I heard them talking about some mexican guys, and they were mocking the way they talked. My friend said they do it all the time. Not all of them are bad, but they do have a select few that love to take that badge and act like they are above the law.I have little to no respect for those select few. The chief is a good guy. The school resource officer seems to be a great guy and has a good repore with all the kids. They need more officers like him. He comes in and serves the community and people trust him. Small towns across the US have the same problem probably. They dont have any Real Crimes being committed, so they resort to harrassing people. That is just my opinion. I myself have not had any problem with them, and I hope I never do. Just because they have a badge does not make them God, and they have to follow the same rules as we do. If more people would file a complaint against them with the Chief, or better yet, go to a Town Council meeting, something might be done.
southern indiana resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2008

Doesnt matter wrote:
I was at a friends house one time (2yrs ago) and they had a scanner, and I heard them talking about people and making fun of them for no reason. One of them was commenting on a heavy set lady and they flat out called her fat, then I heard them talking about some mexican guys, and they were mocking the way they talked. My friend said they do it all the time. Not all of them are bad, but they do have a select few that love to take that badge and act like they are above the law.I have little to no respect for those select few. The chief is a good guy. The school resource officer seems to be a great guy and has a good repore with all the kids. They need more officers like him. He comes in and serves the community and people trust him. Small towns across the US have the same problem probably. They dont have any Real Crimes being committed, so they resort to harrassing people. That is just my opinion. I myself have not had any problem with them, and I hope I never do. Just because they have a badge does not make them God, and they have to follow the same rules as we do. If more people would file a complaint against them with the Chief, or better yet, go to a Town Council meeting, something might be done.
in response to the no real crimes.... well your ignorance makes me smile. In the small little town of Sellersburg, there have been.... shootings, a murder, rapes, armed robberies....(of even banks believe it or not, yes we have banks in the little town of Sellersburg) stolen vehicles and countless domestic batteries just to name a few CRIMES, but those are not any real crimes. I realize this now after I have enlightened by someone like yourself.... moron.
and to the scanner remark, either your friend is a loser wanna-be cop or he is a criminal with a scanner.
Sellersburg Resident

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2008

About the Police comments heard on the scanner. I believe that the way people speak is an indicator of what they believe, and such comments about Mexicans and Overweight people indicate unprofessional behavior.
It's good to hear that the Chief is a good man. Perhaps he will address the unprofessional attitude?
Criminal with a scanner? Aren't scanners legal?
Doesnt matter

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2008

Yes, they are legal in your home but I was told not in your car. For "southern indiana resident' to know all about the crime, he/she must be an officer or a wanna be officer, or simply making it up. Funny, according to "southern indiana resident', all these bad crimes have happened in the town, why werent they on the News? Or the Paper? I know many many many people from there and this is the first I have heard of such crimes. Oh my gosh, they better hire more officers so they can catch them. LOL.
southern indiana resident

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

doesn't matter.... do you personally have a problem with the police? Did you try to get on a department somewhere and they did not hire you. The crimes were in the paper. The murder was in april of 05 0r 06 I can't remember.... but most of the crimes that happen in Sellersburg is not news worthy.... like the issue my younger sister had for years, domestic battery. I realize that you will come back with something smart to say and that is fine... after all it is a free country. I welcome your response. As for the comment about being an officer.. I wish I were, I admire MOST of them. I will agree that in any profession including police.... there are some bad apples. Like union workers at the Ford plant in Louisville. Is it wrong that some of the union workers can do anything that will get them fired and then the union gets them hired right back again because they were unjustly fired. Is it wrong that some workers at Pillsbury drink on their lunch break in the parking lot and then finish the shift drunk? Or how about Walmart being one of the most powerful department stores in the world and their employees make what they make. I guess the question is... with all the issues you can choose from..... why gripe about the police? They serve a purpose even though we don't always like the purpose.
Doesnt matter

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

southern indiana resident wrote:
doesn't matter.... do you personally have a problem with the police? Did you try to get on a department somewhere and they did not hire you. The crimes were in the paper. The murder was in april of 05 0r 06 I can't remember.... but most of the crimes that happen in Sellersburg is not news worthy.... like the issue my younger sister had for years, domestic battery. I realize that you will come back with something smart to say and that is fine... after all it is a free country. I welcome your response. As for the comment about being an officer.. I wish I were, I admire MOST of them. I will agree that in any profession including police.... there are some bad apples. Like union workers at the Ford plant in Louisville. Is it wrong that some of the union workers can do anything that will get them fired and then the union gets them hired right back again because they were unjustly fired. Is it wrong that some workers at Pillsbury drink on their lunch break in the parking lot and then finish the shift drunk? Or how about Walmart being one of the most powerful department stores in the world and their employees make what they make. I guess the question is... with all the issues you can choose from..... why gripe about the police? They serve a purpose even though we don't always like the purpose.
No, never have I wanted to be in law enforcement or tried to get on there. You mentioned Ford, Pillsbury. They are not paid by our tax dollars, so what they do has nothing to do with the Police. I know of someone that went to the dept to talk to an officer in confidence, and they told her that no names would be mentioned. Well, it wasn't too long after that,her name was all over reports, and the person that she spoke to them about, had that report and knew exactly who turned him in. She was outraged. Is that okay? I dont think so. You try and help them and what do you get? A smack in the face apparently. They have alot to learn about being professional. I hope you don't think that my reply back to you was smart. It wasn't meant to be smart. I know a few people that have had run ins with the S'burg officers, and to hear their stories makes me lose respect for them. Domestic issues is not something I take lightly, and I certainly hope they helped your sister when she needed them.
lala

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

I personaly have a problem with the sellersburg police. Some one I love was being brutly beaten by his father. When we reported it the police said "Thats to bad but we cant help ya there". This is not the only problem i have had with the department. I reported a close friend for drug use many times, no action was taken, he died last year of a overdose. The sellersbug police has kind of skrewed me over.
Doesnt matter

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Wow, I am sorry about your friend passing. on the friend that was being beat by his dad, did they make a report and contact the Child Protection Services? Surely they did that. Maybe they just couldnt comment on it to you, since it was a minor involved. I just find it hard to believe they did nothing to help.

The Chief is a great person. I have never met him, but in the last few months the officers seem to have a better attitude. An older friend of mine had her dog attacked and killed by a neighbors dog, and they were right there to help her. They were all very helpful and respectful. Could be, because one of them moved to another police dept in a different city. Not sure, but I know they have improved on the attitude. Who knows, maybe the chief has read some comments on here about them and had a talk to them.
Again, I am sorry about your friend passing, and I hope the other friend is not getting beat anymore. All I can tell you, is the next time you need to make a report, call and ask for the chief and see if you cannot talk to him. Can you reveal the name of the friend that died last year, or would you rather not? Just curious to see if the name rings a bell.
sprite22

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

this was so sad
M Adams

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2009

why doesnt anyone want to put their real name on here?
SPD K9 Officer Adams

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2009

Judged:

Just to touch on a few things being said on this forum.
1. Why do people that post things not use their real name?
2. I can only speak for myself as a police officer, I refuse to put words in anyone's mouth.
3. Everyone is intitled to their opinion. Some people like the police, and some people do not and that's fine.
4. Don't be afraid to come up to us(the police)and talk to us when you see us out somewhere...like a gas station or store.
5. Please remember we are people not robots. We have good days and bad days just like anyone, we are human.
6. One thing to look at is that the police never get called to someone's house to sit down to talk and have a cup of coffee or water. Police get called to a situation that is usually bad and we try to help people with their problems. Police usually see the bad side of people, but sometimes we do get to see the good.
7. For the comments made over the radio. Not saying it didn't happen but the telephone and radio transmissions are recorded at all times and we all know that.
8. Sellersburg is a small town with about 8,500 people. We do not have a high crime rate such as Louisville. We do have crimes and have had murders, rapes, burglaries, theft, domestic batteries etc....
9. We as a department to stop alot of vehicles. We as a whole write more warnings than citations (believe it or not). Due to us stopping everything that moves so to speak, that helps keep criminals out of our town. I was rised in Sellersburg and graduated from Silver Creek. The Sellersburg Police have always had a rep of stopping everyone. Some people love it and some don't.
10. Anyone that says the police didn't help needs to know that "the police" can only do so much. We are the middle man for the Clark County Prosecutor and they have the final say in if anyone gets charged with something or spends time in jail. Yes there are child molestors walking the street that did get a slap on the hand and SHOULD BE LOCK UP FOR LIFE. It's not our fault, but we do get the blame from some of the public.
11. As for the comment about a officer leaving and the rest of our attitudes got better. The town will never really understand that they lost a great police officer. Some will read this and disagree and that's ok.
To close. Don't be afraid to talk to us. If you wave as you drive by we may not be paying attention and just don't see you. If you have a question just ask and I'll do my best to give you a correct answer.
K9 Officer Adams
Sellersburg Poice Department
An aggravated friend

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2009

I personally know most of the Sellersburg cops, not all but most. And I can say the MOST of them are really good guys who want the best for the community. However...there are some of them who are just pricks on power trips because they have a badge!!!
RevenueRangersSu ck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Judged:

An aggravated friend wrote:
I personally know most of the Sellersburg cops, not all but most. And I can say the MOST of them are really good guys who want the best for the community. However...there are some of them who are just pricks on power trips because they have a badge!!!
Yes, Like badge #6-4. What a TOOL! Fat pig kid is a revenue ranger who's only power in life is giving people speeding tickets. I was going a little over in a 20mph zone WELL BEFORE school started on my way to work (like you haven't?) and this punk kid who they gave a badge to decides I am a major threat to his "quota". What a pig! Thank God I am leaving this crap town and will not have to drive through the land of revenue rangers anymore. I think their budget must have recently been reduced. I suspect they are out giving tickets to offset the reduction. Word to the wise, don't feed the pigs, don't speed in Sellersburg!
Doesnt matter

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

I dont think they are as bad as they used to be about giving out tickets. I myself have never been given one, because I already know how they are, so I make sure I am not going over the speed limit at all. Not sure which one your referring too, but I think it is a little childish to call him a Fat Pig Kid. Put yourself in their shoes. They are doing what they are supposed to be doing. Just dont speed and you wont have to worry about it. Especially in a school zone, regardless if school is out or not. Kids go play at the schools all the time when school isnt in session. I am not defending them by no means, but I think the name calling is just a little uncalled for. I have had issues with them in the past, and not for tickets. But I didnt start calling them names. That solves nothing, and only generates anger from them.
darrell levell

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Judged:

Just wondering why sellersburg police and hell damn near all departments never ticket the spanish people in our town that have lived here for a long time but still have out of state tags. kinda missin out on money there dont ya think. And to all you haters...I love sellersburg and everything about it. If your gonna act dumb your gonna get stopped by the police, Thats what they are here for. Just follow the rules and act like you have a little bit of sense and the police wouldnt even notice you. The people that usually have something bad to say are usually the ones busted for something they wasnt supposed to be doing in the first place......I dont even know any of them never had any run ins with them = because I obey the LAW. spd does a good job but like every place ,theres still alot ofwork to do
AprilW

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2009

I live in Sellersburg, but the neighborhood is annexed by Clarksville, so they patrol our neighborhood. I would give anything for Sellersburg to be the one's who patrol us! They've always been great, Clarksville comes thru our neighborhood once in a blue moon. Officer Cortie, the school resource officer, is the best too! My daughter loves him. SPD is great!
Anonymous

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Detective Levesque is great! Don't know any of the other officers but I believe they do a tremendous job at keeping our community safe. Unfortunately not everyone can be caught but their justice will be served eventually.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sellersburg Discussions

Search the Sellersburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Thorntons 10th Street 7/8/14 Jul 8 Concerned 1
Dennis Coutee (Jun '12) Jul 8 searching 20
Dennis Coutee Jul 8 Searching 1
Theatre X (Mar '11) Jul 6 Former X 89
Pooh Bear Jul 4 Hunny 1
christina belcher and mike of 1413 marlowe driv... Jul 1 larry hendricks 2
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Jun 29 Lord Hater 92
•••
•••
•••
•••

Sellersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sellersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••