President will campaign for Sodrel

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

President Bush will visit Indiana on Saturday for a rally for U.S. Rep. Mike Sodrel, who's in a tough re-election battle in the 9th District against former Democratic Rep.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The CEO

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

You're wrong... This isn't the first visit since Johnson in 1964 to the 9th District... Do some research; President Nixon made a visit to Vernon, IN in the early 1970's.
perfect

Oak Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

what a smart decision for Sodrel, have a moron come campaign for you
Tony Martin

Burbank, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

One reason NOT to vote for Soderal if Bush is campaigning for him.
Wilson46201

Avon, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

Millionaire Mike must be gawdawful desperate to take the horrendous political risk of having George W Bush seen anywhere near his campaign. Only Cheney is more unpopular than Bush in the USA!

But I'm not complaining!`
The CEO

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

If Hill has any sense, he'll petition Lee Hamilton to give him a hand... Who doesn't respect the Honorable Mr. Hamilton?
voter

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

What a great boost for Baron Hill
We are talking

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

We are talking politics here people ... and that means politicians! Go to work for Mike Sodrel as a truck driver hauling federal loads of mail. You may just work 40 - 45 days straight without a day off. Is that safe by D.O.T. standards?
John

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

I would rather see him walking the streets of Baghdad.
Right

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

In any number of Houe and Senate seats, the President is much more popular than national media reports indicate.

Obviously, that is true in Indiana congressional District #9. He would not be coming if it didn't help.

Why doesn't Baron Hill have Nancy Pelosi or Hillary Clinton in southeast Indiana for him?

Because its political suicide to be associated with them Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi in southern Indiana. But obviously its helpful to have George Bush in the district for Sodrel or he wouldn't be coming..
Cory

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

Am I the only one who is offended by Sodrel's Campaign adds? "Too liberal for Indiana; Out of touch with mainstream Hoosiers" with regards to his opponent. His TV adds are extremely misleading and basically "paint" Hoosiers as stupid! He focuses on the "protection of marriage," violent video games and abortion. Ummm...sorry, but last time I checked, they many more pressing issues facing Indiana and the USA than if two men or two women want to have the same rights as everyone else or if a violent video game is sold to a child. I say, stay out of peoples bedrooms, parents pay attention to what your kids buy, and leave Roe v. Wade alone! Instead, lets address this fiasco of a war, repair our international image, and lower our deficit!
voter

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

You might be right. But Hill is smart enough not to request their help but Sodrel is not bright enough to know the baggage of Bush
king

Cloverdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

mike sodrel is a good honest man. if you would listen to wibc's garrison show on monday mornings you hear some good interviews about the issues, not adds. he does not force anybody to haul the mail for him. i would rather have a succesfull business man lead than some duffus that has never had a job, like so many career politicians.
Registered Nurse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

Wow! He must be desperate and willing to take a chance that anything would help. Bush sounds like a liability to me. It seems that it would be smarter to distance himself from Bush.
Phil

Jasper, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

This could be the boost that puts the Hill campaign over the top.
Jeff Haight

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

Despite the ranting of a few anonymous lefties, President Bush is still popular in southern Indiana so it makes sense for him to campaign there. Whether or not Pelosi or Clinton campaign for Hill; make no mistake a vote for Hill is a vote to put more power in their hands. If you want your taxes to go up and the economy to go in the tank then by all means vote for Hill.
Luke

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

Does the money for Bush's flight on Air Force One, and his security detail, come from Sodrel's campaign fund? I'm guessing no. We are paying for his campaign with our taxes. That's reason enough not to vote for him. I'm glad I don't live in the 9th district.
Dreaming

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

The Garrison show. ROFLMAO
voter

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

[Jeff needs to do his homework but I am not surprised by his comments. Namecalling and negativity is the only response they know from the righteous, opiniated and hypocriticalgroup he is affiliated with ]
Cory

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

Jeff Haight wrote:
Despite the ranting of a few anonymous lefties, President Bush is still popular in southern Indiana so it makes sense for him to campaign there. Whether or not Pelosi or Clinton campaign for Hill; make no mistake a vote for Hill is a vote to put more power in their hands. If you want your taxes to go up and the economy to go in the tank then by all means vote for Hill.
Um, last I checked, Republicans control the Country and NOTHING good has come out of it. Last time a Dem was in power, the economy was great, we weren't hated the world over, and we didn't spend time "rallying" the faith-based supporters to "hate" other American. So, a vote for Sodrel is a vote to maintain the current "smoke and mirrors" agneda of the republicnas.
Jim

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

There are going to be a bunch of unhappy democrats on the 8th again this year.

http://jcgi.pathfinder.com/time/magazine/arti...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sellersburg Discussions

Search the Sellersburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: Red Ball Recycling 2 hr Terry 1
Kilt girls 19 hr Stretch Hardstrong 1
Thorntons 10th Street 7/8/14 Jul 8 Concerned 1
Dennis Coutee (Jun '12) Jul 8 searching 20
Dennis Coutee Jul 8 Searching 1
Theatre X (Mar '11) Jul 6 Former X 89
Pooh Bear Jul 4 Hunny 1
•••
•••