new albany panthers football going to nationals

Posted in the Sellersburg Forum

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Nov 13, 2012
proudpanthermom

Louisville, KY

#1 Nov 12, 2009
this is a middle school football team that went undefeated at their school this season, they have been invited to go the the national championship games in daytona florida. these are a great group of boys who have been doing big things on the field. they have given us their all this season and really deserve some recognition from their community. they are not only representing new albany but also the state of indiana. they leave for daytona on november 24, and come home on the 29th, we are still trying desperatly to collect funds to send them, we are having a huge fundraiser on November 22 at the knights of columbus hall located at 809 east main street in new albany. it will be a going away pep rally and chili supper, cost is five dollars at the door. please come out and help us send these boys off right! they deserve it! again
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 22
5-8PM
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS HALL 809 EAST MAIN ST NEW ALBANY IN
CHILI SUPPER PEP RALLY
5.00 AT THE DOOR!!!!
scottishot

Louisville, KY

#2 Nov 15, 2009
hey i heard about this team. they beat everyone they played and didnt even get scored on did they? have you contacted the news stationa about them yet. i know that they are interesteed in young teams like this. one of my kids goes to scribner with these boys and says that it is a big deal. televised and all from florida. might get some colleges interested. good luck panthers. new albany will be watching.
newalbaian

Louisville, KY

#3 Nov 17, 2009
mmmmmm chilli. we can get tickets at the door. seen and heard of alot fundraisers going on in this area for this team. i had a cousin a few years back that had his team invited. they said it was the best game they played, like being in the nfl. television coverage, stadium on the beach, big time. congrats to the panthers. you can do it
photolover35

Louisville, KY

#4 Nov 20, 2009
this middle school team is from scribner, they played an undefeated and almost complete shut out season. i got to see these boys play together a couple of times, being a photoghapher, i get to see the best plays, they really have a good group of boys playing for their a team. great teamwork. coaching is excellent. i am proud that they are going down there to play for the state of indiana. we all should be.
GET A CLUE

Louisville, KY

#5 Nov 20, 2009
is this team a scribner team or not?
ScribnerStudent

Jeffersonville, IN

#6 Nov 28, 2009
GET A CLUE wrote:
is this team a scribner team or not?
well, it's all of the players from the scribner eighth grade football team. scribner can't sponsor them to play, so they took the name new albany panthers. but basically, yes it is
Dominique

Oak Forest, IL

#7 Dec 2, 2009
Does anyone have a video tape of this game in Daytona?I will pay for the video if need be please respond to this thread and i will give you my address and email. Thank You your boys played awesome great sportsmanship qualities they posses.
proud mom

Louisville, KY

#8 Dec 5, 2009
Dominique wrote:
Does anyone have a video tape of this game in Daytona?I will pay for the video if need be please respond to this thread and i will give you my address and email. Thank You your boys played awesome great sportsmanship qualities they posses.
hi dominique , i do have a video, not the greatest quality, but i have it, everything except the last minute or so, which was the best of the game. do you have a child that played on the midcrest team? those boys were great. they really showed awesome sportsmans ship as well hanging out and taking pics after the gala. great group, we wouldnt have lost to anyone else. lol. let me know how to get in touch with you and i will get you a copy of what i have.
Dominique

Oak Forest, IL

#9 Dec 7, 2009
proud mom wrote:
<quoted text>hi dominique , i do have a video, not the greatest quality, but i have it, everything except the last minute or so, which was the best of the game. do you have a child that played on the midcrest team? those boys were great. they really showed awesome sportsmans ship as well hanging out and taking pics after the gala. great group, we wouldnt have lost to anyone else. lol. let me know how to get in touch with you and i will get you a copy of what i have.
Hi Yes my son plays for the Mid-Crest Panthers your boys are awesome such a good game we assumed that someone would be taping the game and that we could purchase a copy... the last minute was the part i really wanted to see we are all still on a Football high from that game your boys played hard great Offense & Defense great players all around we played a team the day before that had 120Lbs on us we took a beating but your boys gave us the ultimate run for the money, again awesome team you guys have in New Albany my e-mail address is xj2dom@aol.com I will give you the rest of the info threw e-mail Thank You very much and please extend to your team our gratitude and we are all now one big Panther family.

Regards
Mid-Crest Panthers
proud mom

Louisville, KY

#10 Dec 14, 2009
hope you got the info i sent you, have a parent trying now to get the video for you all.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#11 Feb 15, 2010
ScribnerStudent wrote:
<quoted text>
well, it's all of the players from the scribner eighth grade football team. scribner can't sponsor them to play, so they took the name new albany panthers. but basically, yes it is
I played Football for Scribner the first year that School was open, So many many years ago. That makes me so proud to read this I didn't know this. THE WORLD TRAVELER FROM NA. New Albany High School Class of 1964
pete14

Florence, KY

#12 Nov 8, 2012
I was a player on the new albany panthers that traveled to daytona.. one of the most exiciting and toughest trip I have ever made. The games we played will never be forgotten. Players from teams we met over the trip could not have had better sportsmanships. I would like to thank all of our coaches and parents who made that possible for all of us. I promise you we will NEVER forget a minute of the great times we had.
proudpanthermom

Louisville, KY

#13 Nov 13, 2012
so happy that you enjoyed yourself pete14, we worked hard to get you all down there, but you and your team did the real work, you all were great, we were and still are so proud of that team. it was a family, wish i could say that most of you are still playing together, there are a only a handful of this team left...now all playing for na. no excuses next year, these kids, most of which are going to be seniors, better step it up and show us what we know you can do! looking forward to next season already and this one has barely ended. would love to see you back pete14~

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sellersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen Accused Of Posting Nude Photos Of Underage... 1 hr does it matter 1
so many cops (Dec '13) 3 hr does it matter 9
What is there to do here? (Jan '14) 3 hr does it matter 2
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr does it matter 93
3 arrested for indecent exposure at Theatair X (Nov '13) 3 hr does it matter 6
Justice For David Camm (Dec '08) 3 hr does it matter 8,252
Low temps, high bills (Feb '07) Aug 28 Coletrane_exe 18
•••
•••
•••

Sellersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sellersburg People Search