VITW New Lease Don't sign it !!!!

VITW New Lease Don't sign it !!!!

Posted in the Selden Forum

VITW Resident

Haledon, NJ

#1 Nov 23, 2011
If it is the same lease then why do we have to sign a new one. I read it over and did find differences. I was told it was the same as it was but as soon as I saw it was 20 pages shorter I knew some things were taken out.
Resident

Haledon, NJ

#2 Nov 27, 2011
i read it to and found many changes. I wont sign until my lawyer looks it over.
Another Resident

Haledon, NJ

#3 Nov 27, 2011
I read it and I saw many changes including AC that maint is supposed to take care of the section is taken out. My question is why am I paying Maint. I was told it's the same lease, do they think we are stupid and won't read it?????
A Resident

Haledon, NJ

#4 Nov 27, 2011
i had no clue that I could get a copy. Why didn't the letter from Barry M say that.
Resident 1

Haledon, NJ

#5 Nov 28, 2011
Why must this place always play games with us. I can't beleive they thought we wouldn't read it over. VITW your not dealing with IDIOTS.
Resident 2

Haledon, NJ

#6 Nov 28, 2011
I feel we need our own attorney since the attorney the board has only represents them. We should also have an attorney that would represent us as shareholders since we all had one at our closings.
VITW Resident

Haledon, NJ

#7 Nov 28, 2011
I knew there had to be changes. Nothing is ever as it seems with this place. Why tell us it's the same when it's not. Do they really think because the letter came from the ofice of Barry and not ABM they would scare us. We have rights. we are not renters, we are not on a year lease plan, most of us own and our lease was signed when we bought and that is the final lease that should be signed for all owners.
Resident 2

Haledon, NJ

#8 Nov 28, 2011
VITW resident I agree.
Resident 3

Haledon, NJ

#9 Nov 28, 2011
I want to know why it wasn't told we could get a copy. That right there shows they are hideing something. I just found out we have a facebook page I didn't know about that either. why is everything in this place such a secret ???? I thought we were a community. I guess not.
Resident 4

Stony Brook, NY

#10 Dec 1, 2011
I wonder if Rose signs contracts without reading them first? If so, we are in big trouble. Funny how the letter we received from BM said singing the lease was mandatory and then when he realized as an attorney how unethical that statement is he recanted. A contract between two parties is suppose to have mutual consent.. how can they have mutual consent when people have no idea what they are signing. And I love how the lease had no changes except for this, that and another thing. Their tactics are dispicable!
Resident 3

Haledon, NJ

#11 Dec 4, 2011
Well I read them both over and there are more changes then just the vote % as we were told at the meeting. If you sign this lease you are screwing yourself and the other residents because according to the new lease we are resposible for everything now and still have to pay maint. The flyer that was put out was not a scare tactic it was a way to make us aware to read what you are signing before you sign and I am so thankfull to whoever put out that flyer and pointed out just of few of very many changes that were made.
Resident 3

Haledon, NJ

#12 Dec 4, 2011
Resident 4, Rose will sign anything that makes it look like she is putting more money in reserve. Reading the two leases we are paying for everything now, so now our maint staff can really sit around doing nothing and Rose can keep planting her trees and patting herself on the back. All she likes to talk about is how good her stupid plants look. Anyone can put plants down. What about the entrance that looks like crap ( the courts) when you pull in. Our President never talks why do we even have one.
Resident 2

Haledon, NJ

#13 Dec 5, 2011
Resident 3 and 4 I couldnt have said it better
Vitw resident 22

Massapequa, NY

#14 Dec 5, 2011
I agree with you all aswell.. The board is pretty damn shady if you ask me. They knew about this months ago but failed to ever mention it to us at any board meeting that too place this year. And when she got caught lying she fumbled her words. She needs to get off her high horse and realize she is just a share holder that sits on the board. Nothing higher or mightier than that, although she thinks she is above and beyond us. Who was that guy that blew up at yelled at rose? I hear he is not a share holder?, although too bad he is not, we need more people that can stand up to the board. He seemed to put rose in her place. I was standing by him when someone told him it was infact him they (the board) were referring to and I guess he lost it. Well hope when may comes around that we get some new board members, lord do we need it.. Maybe we will get a president that actually speaks and does not have his wife for him... Ok my rant is over. Good night neighbors
Resident 2

Haledon, NJ

#15 Dec 7, 2011
He had every right to loose it, she kept pointing him out. I was also standing next to him and the girl that had both leases in her hand and when she pointed out a few differences good for her for reading it and pointing out to all of us that in fact they did make changes (BM) and (R---) both turned away and changed the subject to the guy who stood up for himself as well as all of us here at VITW. Someone needs to show her they can not speak to us the way they do. Thank you to the man who stood up for us.
Resident 6

Yonkers, NY

#16 May 10, 2012
During the meeting they said that you didn't have to sign it unless you plan on selling. Therefore when I sell, I will sign. However I now hear that if you need anything fixed in your apartment, maintenance will not fix it because you didnt sign the new lease. Anybody else hear about this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Petition drive underway to reopen Roberto Cleme... 7 hr stay out 1
News Islip ex-commish Joe Montuori Jr., aide plead g... 8 hr make them pay 2
News After officer's wake, cops nab drug suspect (Mar '09) 17 hr Watchman 209
News 3rd suspect in murder of 2 men found dismembered (Aug '08) Wed Dindu Nuffin 181
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Wed 11951Ratdog 86
GD Designs Rochdale Wed pantaskan20 1
News Angie Carpenter, Islip supervisor, optimistic a... (May '15) Aug 23 boycott 23

Selden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Selden Mortgages